Access Violation in JS32.DLL

Using a current (as of today) CVS-snapshot MSVC6 thread-safe build of
JS32.DLL, the following problem occurs, but *only* when using a "release"
build (and yes, I have the /opt:noicf  link option):

When using capturing parenthesis in a deeply nested call to Array.split(),
the actual regular expression used is /(\r?\n\r?\n)/, I get:

"The instruction at "0x002843da" referenced memory at "0xffffffb8". The
memory could not be "read".

Click "Cancel" to debug and get:

"Unhandled exception in program.exe (JS32.DLL): 0xC0000005: Access
Violoation."

The call-stack appears blown up as the call stack always contains (just one)
item:

JS32! 002843da()

And this address doesn't appear to be valid based on the js32.map file.

If I use a debug build of JS32.DLL, the crash does not occur.

If I remove the capturing parenthesis from the regular expression (which I
know serves no purpose in a call to Array.split(), but I didn't write the
script in question), the crash goes away.

-Rob

0
Rob
7/7/2005 5:59:35 PM
netscape.mozilla.jseng 1530 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Rob Swindell wrote:

> If I remove the capturing parenthesis from the regular expression (which I
> know serves no purpose in a call to Array.split(), but I didn't write the
> script in question), the crash goes away.

Can you tell using 'cvs up -D yesterday', 'cvs up -D "last week"', etc.
when this regressed?

/be
0
Brendan
7/7/2005 11:02:38 PM
  To: Brendan Eich
  Re: Re: Access Violation in JS32.DLL
  By: Brendan Eich to Rob Swindell on Thu Jul 07 2005 05:02 pm

 > Rob Swindell wrote:
 >
 > > If I remove the capturing parenthesis from the regular expression (which I
 > > know serves no purpose in a call to Array.split(), but I didn't write the
 > > script in question), the crash goes away.
 >

 > Can you tell using 'cvs up -D yesterday', 'cvs up -D "last week"', etc.
 > when this regressed?

I'll try. The bug was reported using a js32.dll build from a CVS snap-shot
taken in December, 2004. And as I reported, it still happens in the current CVS
code.

-Rob

                                                  digital man

Snapple "Real Fact" #103:
Frowning burns more calories then smiling.
--- Synchronet 3.12b-Win32 NewsLink 1.83
 *  Vertrauen - Anaheim Hills, California - telnet://vert.synchro.net
0
Rob

msado15.dll,ntdll.dll Access Violation in XP (sp3)
Hi every one.. Im try something.. I coded a little exe on win 7 64 bit with XE2... one form one adoquery one adoconnection one datasource one dbgrid my query has got one parameters... I create parameters by code. my code block: adoquery1.Close; adoquery1.SQL.Clear; adoquery1.Parameters.Clear; adoquery1.Parameters.CreateParameter('pr_param1',ftinteger,pdInput,0,0); showmessage(adoquery1.Parameters[0].Name); adoquery1.SQL.ADD('SELECT (SELECT table1.field1 FROM table1 WHERE table1.OPKODU=table2.OPERASYONKODU) AS OPISIM,* FROM table2 WHERE INCKEYNO=:pr_param1)...

Using DLL -- Access Violation
HI everyone, i don't know where to post this problem so I put it here because it deals with a DLL that connects to a web service. I'm writing a DLL that connects to a webService and that implements some business logic with the data it captures from the web service. This DLL has to be used by other languages. The problem I have is that when I try to use the DLL with other languages I get an access violation. I'm writing the DLL with Delphi 2009 Professional Edition and I try to use the DLL with a program writed in Delphi 6 professional. Why when I try to call a function from ...

Access Violation in NTDll.dll
Has anyone run across this error ? (Access violation in Ntdll.dll). I have a three teir application written in Delphi5. The app server piece normally uses ASE against a third teir database machine. For the purposes of portability and testing, we have redirected that app server at an ASA database on the local machine. Once I got the latest EBF's applied (6.03.xxxx) everything seems to work fine. The problem that I am having though is when the application server's application closes down (i.e. the last user disconnects) I get the "Access Violation in NtDll.Dll"...

C DLL
I have just upgraded to Delphi 2009 and the new String type gives me some trouble. I use Delphi units to access *Lotus Notes API*, from a long time (I started using them in Delphi 3).From today and with the new version I'm getting AV error. Error : Access violation at address 6391C265 in module 'NLSCCSTR.DLL'. NLSCCSTR.DLL is a DLL that contains code used in the function DNAbbreviate. Just to give you a sample of two functions +function DNAbbreviate(Flags: LongInt;+ +TemplateName: PChar;+ +InName: PChar;+ ...

Access violation in PBDWE90.DLL
Hello, we have got an application server interface written with PBNI. When the application server load rises, the Access violation exception in PBDWE90.DLL module occurs. It seems to be a problem in DW_TextLine symbol. The part of the callstack is bellow: 719f1c50() pbdwe90.dll!DW_TextLine() + 0x17d8 bytes [Frames below may be incorrect and/or missing, no symbols loaded for pbdwe90.dll] pbdwe90.dll!DW_TextLine() + 0x1e23 bytes Access violation occurs always on the same memory address (0x719fcc50). Powerbuilder version: 9.0.2 Build 7610 Operating system: Windo...

Access Violation in dboledb10.dll
Hi, I am getting access violation in dboledb10.dll (probably since one of the last EBF's) whenn accessing SQA 10 data from my Delphi 2009 Application. Sounds very similar to this one from Google Groups. http://groups.google.com/group/sybase.public.sqlanywhere.general/browse_thread/thread/08f12872681c7936# Any hints or hopes for a cure? Regards, Andreas Wieland As a workaround I reinstalled SQL Anywhere 10.0.1 with EBF 3960 on the client machine. Everythng seems to work again, but still I am hoping for a fix for the problem in later EBF's ;-) Andreas, Is this i...

How to Track Access Violation in a DLL
I am using CB2009 and CB6.0. I am looking for guidance on how to setup my program and dlls so I can track an Access Violations in a dll. Right now I do not know any good way to do this. Can anyone recommend an Embarcadero article or provide personal advice on the best way to setup my EXE and DLLs for tracking Access Violations in a dll. Thanks Patrick M. <patrick mikula> wrote in message news:164379@forums.codegear.com... > I am looking for guidance on how to setup my program and dlls so I can > track an Access Violations in a dll. Right now I do not know any good ...

Access Violation PBVM60.DLL
Hi guys, We just migrated our apps from 5.0.4 to 6.5.1. All seemed OK. One of them REFUSES to allow access to the debug painter and crashes out at address 0177:1126DA1F Searched dejanews and it doesnt seem to be an issue elsewhere. Any ideas? Paul Paul, I'd check every object to make sure it opens in its respective painter. If one doesn't open, chase the trail back till you find the culprit. Then try to regenerate the objects so that you can get everything to compile. -- Regards, Millard[Team Sybase] Power3 - Custom Enterprise Training Paul N. Doody wr...

Access violation when using DLL
I have a DLL to control a mobil printer but I get an access violation on FreeLibrary (nothing gets printed). The debugger stops here in the Controls unit. function DoControlMsg(ControlHandle: HWnd; var Message): Boolean; var Control: TWinControl; begin DoControlMsg := False; Control := FindControl(ControlHandle); if Control <> nil then with TMessage(Message) do begin Result := Control.Perform(Msg + CN_BASE, WParam, LParam); DoControlMsg := True; end; end; Here is the code: Var Bixolon: Thandle; PrinterOpen: function(strOutPortName: PW...

Access violation in dbodbc6.dll
Periodically, our application generates a windows error 'Access violation in dbodbc6.dll'. Usually you can restart the sub module which was involved with generating the error message. Occasionally it is necessary to completely restart the application. I thought there may be some mismatch between library versions... but tests do not seem to bear this out. The Sybase engine is SQLanywhere 6.0 and the platform is WNT 4.0. The problem appears to occur on a subset, but not all of the clients, the application software is common to all clients. This is a fairly mature application...

Access violation dbodbc6.dll
Hi! I'm referring a posting 'DBODBC6.DLL error when opening 4 tables in delphi 3' in comp.databases.sybase. The same exception class EAccessViolation with message 'Access violation at address 04C2DD40 in module 'dbodbc6.dll'. Write of address 04911064' is raised in our Delphi 4 application occasionally when the result set of the query is empty. It doesn't happen every time, but has happened more than once. How to proceed to decide if the problem is in dll or in Delphi or in our application? I'll inform more when we know more. Thanks Juho...

access violation in crpe32.dll
Hi, I am using D7 with Crystal 11.5, CRPE version number is 11.5.7.688. Everything has been working for a few months, now a customer reports that sometimes the program throws Access Violation in crpe32, read of address.... Does anybody know any reasons why crpe32.dll would throw exceptions? I need at least some ideas to start troubleshooting. Thank you, Vadim Hi Vadim, For months I am trying to find a developper who successfully impremented and deployed the CRPE 11.5 CRPE with D7. I managed to install it in my IDE but was never able to deploy it. Which Crystal files did you ...

access violation dcc90.dll
1) D7 Perso : using line command parameter -hm when running the IDE will show the allocate blocs in the IDE title... Is there the same with D2005 ? 2) D2005 + a program running perfectly under D7 (no memory leaks) : after running (run + closing by F4 my app) from the 2005 IDE, this one crashes with an access violation in dcc90.dll ! Running (run + closing by F4 my app) the executable from Windows XP (outside the 2005 IDE) causes no messages... My app uses threads, that are correctly terminated at closing the program. What is dcc90.dll ? DH "David HAROUCHE&quo...

Access violation in pbdwe90.dll
Hello, we have got an application server interface written with PBNI. When the application server load rises, the Access violation exception in PBDWE90.DLL module occurs. It seems to be a problem in DW_TextLine symbol. The part of the callstack is bellow: 719f1c50() pbdwe90.dll!DW_TextLine() + 0x17d8 bytes [Frames below may be incorrect and/or missing, no symbols loaded for pbdwe90.dll] pbdwe90.dll!DW_TextLine() + 0x1e23 bytes Access violation occurs always on the same memory address (0x719fcc50). Powerbuilder version: 9.0.2 Build 7610 Operating system: Windows 2...

Web resources about - Access Violation in JS32.DLL - netscape.mozilla.jseng

CP violation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In particle physics , CP violation is a violation of the postulated CP-symmetry : the combination of C-symmetry ( charge conjugation symmetry) ...

James-O'Keefe-Parole-Violations - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
James O'Keefe, liar and scam artist, has been spotted in NYC in violation of his parole in Lousiana.

Civil Rights Violation on Video Pledge and Invocation - YouTube
Civil Rights Violation on Video Pledge and Invocation - YouTube

UAE Police issue more than 25,000 traffic violations involving lorries in Q1 of 2014 - The National
Police said several people have been killed in accidents involving lorries so far this year.

Russia closes 12 McDonald's restaurants over hygiene violations
Russia has temporarily closed 12 branches of McDonald's on health grounds and is carrying out more than 100 inspections, the US fast food chain ...

CFMEU implicated in threats against Melbourne contractor and site entry violations
Victoria's powerful construction union allegedly told a company it is on a &quot;hit list&quot; and would suffer industrial strife as payback ...

Report alleges labour violations at Apple supplier in China
Report claims dangerous conditions, labour violations at another Apple plant.

Hints of Eurovision vote violation against Russia
The head of Azerbaijan's state broadcaster has questioned the vote tally in the Eurovision Song Contest where it embarrassingly gave "nul points" ...

Nick Kyrgios issued code violation at Japan Open - The Courier-Mail Search Search
NICK Kyrgios has hit out at the Australian media following his loss to Frenchman Benoit Paire at the Japan Open on the weekend.