Wrapping Text? (or should that be unwrapped text ;) )

Hello all,

I'm new to mozilla and have been using it for about a week or so.

Today, I visited the epinions site and was reading some health club
reviews and noticed that on some pages the text of the review did not
wrap to the page.  On most it did, though not all.

I took a look at the same pages using IE and they wrapped perfectly.

Any ideas?  Is there a setting I need to change?

Here's a sample page:

http://www.epinions.com/content_67494973060

Thanks in advance.

0
John_Coltrane
7/24/2003 9:43:48 PM
netscape.mozilla.general 7061 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Text as text
Name: JohnA Boice Email: jaboiceathughesdotnet Product: Firefox Summary: Text as text Comments: You need to do as Safari does and make ALL text, including buttons, links, bookmarks, and general page text actual text so screen readers can interpret and voice the text. Until this occurs, your products are a real pain to use. And I have limited sight. What about those with less or no sight? Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X Mach-O; en-US; rv:1.8.1.3) Gecko/20070309 Firefox/2.0.0.3 ...

text wrap and description tag: text does not wrap if using .value ????
Hi, I have this issue with the description tag: The text wraps on 2 or more lines if the text is between the <description id="myId"> my text <description/> tags, but doesn't is I use the getElementById("myId").value = "my text that should be long enough to wrap, 30 times" in javascript. Does anyone know a work arounds ? I have tried to use <html:p id="myId" /> and getElementById("myId").innerHTML="my text that should be long enough to wrap, 30 times" bu I get an error NS_ERROR_FAILURE (would the inne...

Text Box Will Not Wrap Text
VWD 2005 Express.  Visual Basic.  I placed a text box control on my page.  I set the wrap property to true.  I assign a value to the text property from code behind.  The text does not wrap, but instead disappears when it hits the right margin.  The only way I seem to be able to get it to wrap is to set the text box control to "multiline."  However, this puts up a scroll bar, which I do not want.  I want the box to be single line and to wrap.  What might I be doing wrong?Dr. Douglas PruiettGood News Jail & Prison Ministrywww.goodnewsj...

Wrapping text on a datawindiw text object
Hi, I have a message column that is 240 characters, but I can only display 75 characters per row (2 rows of 75 and a 3rd of 90) in the datawindow text object that it is associated with. How can I simulate the autowrap feature on this text object? I have considered scanning the text for the lengths and applying the ~r~n where necessary, but then I run into it carriage returning in the middle of a word. I can code for this as well, but I am really hoping that someone may have a better idea. Thanks in advance. Andrew I turned on autosize height and the text wrapped. Are yo...

Text not appearing when typing the text into text field
Name: Maadhavan Email: madhavan_t_patyahoodotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Text not appearing when typing the text into text field Comments: Text not appearing when typing the text into text field or any other field Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.9) Gecko/2009040821 Firefox/3.0.9 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

Bold Text For Selected text in Text Box
Hi EveryoneI have a small thing to do [at this time , very big for me]. I want to make some text string as bold which appears in a text box control for the web. It means some of the portion of the string will be bold and some will be in the normal font style. Can anyone suggest any idea to accomplish this task. [I know that we can set the font weight property for the whole text box and all the text appears in the selected font-weight]Any suggestions.BaberBaber SaeedSoftware EngineerPalmChip, Pakistan Toll Free: 0800-000-13 Ext:494Cell: 0300-6438634 Standard TextBox that comes with ASP.NET ...

Text does not wrap correctly in rich text control
Hi, I'm having this problem: 'Text does not wrap correctly in rich text control'. I'm using PB10.5.1. I've done some research on the Web and tried: set the following variable in the pb.ini file: [RichText] PageSizeAsControlSize=1 Should I install PB10.5.2? Does it resolve the problem? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you. Joan A bit more description about the problem. I have a rich text control in my app. I have tried to set property to 'Wordwrap, which dosen't work. I have tried to set the following variable in the pb.ini file: ...

.wrap does not wrap text

How do I block a user from entering text in a text box if they type text in another text box?
I have two text boxes, and want the user to complete one or the other.  How can I "grey out" one text box if a user starts typing in the other textbox?  Never make important decisions on a Monday! You can use the OnTextChanged event of the textboxes and write Javascript for both textboxes to disable the other textbox when the user starts to type in something in one textbox. The only problem with that is that once the user starts to type in something in one text box the other textbox gets disabled and locks up, so now the user HAS TO compulsarily type what he wants in th...

replace the text after some text.

Text problem
Name: Alex Email: vengeance.mx_at_gmail.com Product: Minefield Summary: Text problem - bold text overlaps plain text Comments: Here's a screenshot that should give you the general idea of what's wrong - bold text (and I think hypertext, possibly other types of text, too) overlap plain text on my Mac. It's been like this since Firefox 1.5 and has never been fixed: http://www.birchlabs.co.uk/OverlappingText.png Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X Mach-O; en-US; rv:1.9a1) Gecko/20061031 Minefield/3.0a1 ...

Text overwriting text
Name: John Fowler Email: john_at_seo-gurus.co.uk Product: Firefox Summary: Text overwriting text Comments: I have a html source page which loads perfectly from double-clicking the local file, but once hosted by the ISP has the text over-writing problem seen in earlier versions of Firefox, but cured by me in this code by adding boxes and clear. Any ideas? Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8b4) Gecko/20050908 Firefox/1.4 ...

How do I get the Text of a Text ....
That may sound confusing, but I need to get the text of a Dynamically created text object. For each row the Text objects text might be somthing different, and when I loop through all the rows, I need to see if any of them are a certain Word. When I used Getitemstring, it doesn't like it. dw_1.Describe( 'text_control.text' ) will give you the .text attribute of a text control in a datawindow. How are you getting different values for the .text attributes on different rows? Using an expression or something? -- Paul Horan[TeamSybase] VCI Springfield, MA www.v...

length or trim ? how can i get textbox.text as text that publichouse to textbox.text as text that public ?
hello friends length or trim ? how can i get textbox.text as text that publichouse to textbox.text as text that public ? second example is ..... textbox1.text is greenhouse.. i want to get green from textbox.text cheer Mark as me if my question or my answer can be helpful for you :) Hi,you can always perform a Trim to a retrieved string to delete the leading and trailing space characters. For your second example where you want to gt a part of the retrieved string you can use the SubString method of the String class.Grz, Kris. Read my blog. Handy Firefox plugins for web developers.Workar...

Web resources about - Wrapping Text? (or should that be unwrapped text ;) ) - netscape.mozilla.general

Android Lollipop Statue Unwrapped - YouTube
On October 15th, we took the wrapping off of our latest treat, Android 5.0, Lollipop. Discover more about Android at http://android.com and follow ...

Horrible history unwrapped at QPAC
Gold Coast actor Adele Parkinson is getting ready to walk like an Egyptian at the Lyric Theatre this weekend.

Kebabs Unwrapped: Best Kebab Recipes & Secrets From Kebab Shops - SBS
Get to know the humble kebab, meet the characters behind your favourite kebab stores, and discover kebabs from around the world.

Mariah, Unwrapped
Having a Christmas music moment, Mariah Carey regifts the love of her loyal gay fans — and stuffs our stocking with the truth about her night ...

Schmidt: Ice Cream Sandwich to be unwrapped in October or November
Eric Schmidt revealed in a talk at the Dreamforce conference that the next …

Official: 300-HP 2013 Audi S3 Sportback unwrapped
Filed under: Performance , Geneva Motor Show , Europe , Hatchback , Audi , Luxury Not content to let Volkswagen have all of the fun with its ...

Hidden Beach, Collipark Package New 'Unwrapped'
Hidden Beach Recordings' "Unwrapped" series is returning this month with a new slant and production collaborator.

Iconic ground zero column unwrapped for 1st time in years
Makeshift grave marker in aftermath of Sept. 11 terror attacks unveiled at museum site in story only on "CBS This Morning"

No one told Ford tamales need to be unwrapped
SAN ANTONIO â" It was called the "Great Tamales Incident" because President Gerald Ford committed a no-no by picking up a plate of tamales during ...

Week in review: Origami unwrapped
After weeks of rumors, conjecture and suspense, we finally get to see what Microsoft has been tinkering on with its Origami project. A CNET article ...