Wanted: "Read-only Calendar" option for remote calendars.

Hi!

The "Subscribe to Remote Calendar" should have and option that says
"Read-only Calendar" to prevent users from (accidentally?) adding events
to remote calendars that they don't have any PUT-priviliges to. The
current implementation lets the user do that, and then at the next
refresh, the events are deleted without any error-messages or warnings.
This behaviour could have nasty consequences if the user really meant to
put the event in a local calendar, but accidentally put it in the wrong
calendar.

But, as I keep saying, your program is super, and please take my
constant nagging for what it is meant to be: Constructive feedback to
make it even more useful than it already is!
Keep up the good work, guys!
/Joel Hedlund
0
Joel
5/18/2004 9:44:10 AM
netscape.mozilla.calendar 2288 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Joel Hedlund wrote:
> Hi!
>
> The "Subscribe to Remote Calendar" should have and option that says
> "Read-only Calendar" to prevent users from (accidentally?) adding events
> to remote calendars that they don't have any PUT-priviliges to. The
> current implementation lets the user do that, and then at the next
> refresh, the events are deleted without any error-messages or warnings.
> This behaviour could have nasty consequences if the user really meant to
> put the event in a local calendar, but accidentally put it in the wrong
> calendar.

I myself don't use webdav for the calendar but I think this is an
essential feature and you should file it in bugzilla (if it's not there
already).

--
/Martin Bagge
mail: martin@bagge.nu
Martin Bagge / brother wrote:
> Joel Hedlund wrote:
>
>>Hi!
>>
>>The "Subscribe to Remote Calendar" should have and option that says
>>"Read-only Calendar" to prevent users from (accidentally?) adding events
>>to remote calendars that they don't have any PUT-priviliges to. The
>>current implementation lets the user do that, and then at the next
>>refresh, the events are deleted without any error-messages or warnings.
>>This behaviour could have nasty consequences if the user really meant to
>>put the event in a local calendar, but accidentally put it in the wrong
>>calendar.
>

> I myself don't use webdav for the calendar but I think this is an
> essential feature and you should file it in bugzilla (if it's not there
> already).

I just did, now that I've found out how to :-)
I also won't spam this newsgroup with this kind of messages from now on.
Promise!
0
Joel
5/18/2004 1:04:34 PM
Joel Hedlund wrote:

> I just did, now that I've found out how to :-)
> I also won't spam this newsgroup with this kind of messages from now on.
> Promise!

Joel,
    Don't worry too much about descussions on this newsgroup about new
features, if it is a bug no doubt bugzilla is great.  If it is a new
feature, or even close to it, sometimes this is good for descussion anyway.

    Though 99% of new feature requests [should] end up on bugzilla anyway.

~Justin Wood
0
Justin