Firefox - internet connection

When I start firefox it immediately connects to my ISP.

I want it to act similarly to my mail-reader (TheBat) to connect only on
command ("get new headers" button).

Looked around everywhere (Tools | Options|General ) but could not find
where to set it up this way.

BTW using 0.9.2

Thanks in Advance

Peter
0
Peter
8/1/2004 10:57:21 PM
netscape.mozilla.browser 4970 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Peter Kerekes wrote:
> When I start firefox it immediately connects to my ISP.
>
> I want it to act similarly to my mail-reader (TheBat) to connect only on
> command ("get new headers" button).
>
> Looked around everywhere (Tools | Options|General ) but could not find
> where to set it up this way.
>
> BTW using 0.9.2
>
> Thanks in Advance
>
> Peter

You'll want to configure your connection to ask to connect. To do this,
go to Control Panel > Internet Options, and on the connections tab, make
sure your connection is set to "Dial whenever a network connection is
not present". It should then ask to connect. Also, to "surf" while
offline, you can go File > Work Offline in Firefox.

--
Keith Gable
Lead Programmer of the Ignition Project