FireFox 2.0.0.3 problem & Netscape 8.1.3 problems

Hi all,

Well, when FireFox released their last update about 2 months ago, I
downloaded and installed it . The very next time I fired it up, both
of the browser windows jump up and down about every second or two.
I've uninstalled it, re-installed it, I've even tried to go back to
ver. 2.0.0.2, and it still "jumps," no matter what I try.
So, I'm using Netscape 8.1.3, and have a problem with it as well.
Here's the problem: if I open several tabs, without notice, it will
simply disappear - gone - and I have to open it up again. Netscape
7.2, which I have as well, works fine. And I would go back to it, but
it doesn't have the "Go" button for the URL, and I dislike hitting
"Return" every time I go to a different URL.
I sure would like help with either one of these problems.

Many "Thanks" for any who respond.

Oh, BTW, I have tried to get the people at FireFox to reply to me, but
that's a "lost cause."
0
Snuffy
5/4/2007 11:05:05 PM
netscape.mozilla.browser 4970 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Snuffy wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Well, when FireFox released their last update about 2 months ago, I
> downloaded and installed it . The very next time I fired it up, both
> of the browser windows jump up and down about every second or two.
> I've uninstalled it, re-installed it, I've even tried to go back to
> ver. 2.0.0.2, and it still "jumps," no matter what I try.
> So, I'm using Netscape 8.1.3, and have a problem with it as well.
> Here's the problem: if I open several tabs, without notice, it will
> simply disappear - gone - and I have to open it up again. Netscape
> 7.2, which I have as well, works fine. And I would go back to it, but
> it doesn't have the "Go" button for the URL, and I dislike hitting
> "Return" every time I go to a different URL.
> I sure would like help with either one of these problems.
>
> Many "Thanks" for any who respond.
>
> Oh, BTW, I have tried to get the people at FireFox to reply to me, but
> that's a "lost cause."

stop uninstalling and reinstalling.  Thats never the real problem and
you're just wasting your time.  Take a look here and see if this helps:
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Window_shakes

--
Please do not email me for help.  Reply to the newsgroup only.  And only
click on the Reply button, not the Reply All one.  Thanks!

http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm
0
Peter
5/4/2007 11:18:52 PM
On Fri, 04 May 2007 16:18:52 -0700, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo
<peter.potamus.the.purple.hippo@gmail.com> wrote:

>Snuffy wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Well, when FireFox released their last update about 2 months ago, I
>> downloaded and installed it . The very next time I fired it up, both
>> of the browser windows jump up and down about every second or two.
>> I've uninstalled it, re-installed it, I've even tried to go back to
>> ver. 2.0.0.2, and it still "jumps," no matter what I try.
>> So, I'm using Netscape 8.1.3, and have a problem with it as well.
>> Here's the problem: if I open several tabs, without notice, it will
>> simply disappear - gone - and I have to open it up again. Netscape
>> 7.2, which I have as well, works fine. And I would go back to it, but
>> it doesn't have the "Go" button for the URL, and I dislike hitting
>> "Return" every time I go to a different URL.
>> I sure would like help with either one of these problems.
>>
>> Many "Thanks" for any who respond.
>>
>> Oh, BTW, I have tried to get the people at FireFox to reply to me, but
>> that's a "lost cause."
>
>stop uninstalling and reinstalling.  Thats never the real problem and
>you're just wasting your time.  Take a look here and see if this helps:
>http://kb.mozillazine.org/Window_shakes

Hi Peter,
Ok.  And "Thanks" for the help.  I'll get to this tomorrow,  and see
if it helps.

Take care.

Cheers,
             Snuffy
0
Snuffy
5/11/2007 4:41:54 AM
On Fri, 04 May 2007 18:05:05 -0500, Snuffy
<Snuffy@WhiskeyJug.com> wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>Well, when FireFox released their last update about 2 months ago, I
>downloaded and installed it . The very next time I fired it up, both
>of the browser windows jump up and down about every second or two.
>I've uninstalled it, re-installed it, I've even tried to go back to
>ver. 2.0.0.2, and it still "jumps," no matter what I try.
>So, I'm using Netscape 8.1.3, and have a problem with it as well.
>Here's the problem: if I open several tabs, without notice, it will
>simply disappear - gone - and I have to open it up again. Netscape
>7.2, which I have as well, works fine. And I would go back to it, but
>it doesn't have the "Go" button for the URL, and I dislike hitting
>"Return" every time I go to a different URL.
>I sure would like help with either one of these problems.
>
>Many "Thanks" for any who respond.
>
>Oh, BTW, I have tried to get the people at FireFox to reply to me, but
>that's a "lost cause."

Netscape 7.2

Edit > Preferences > Navigator >

Select the buttons you want to see in the toolbar.

Check GO

0
Splork

Firefox 2.0.0.2 & 2.0.0.3 niggly problem
I just upgraded both my desktop and my laptop to FF v2.0.0.2 a couple days ago. Both began doing the same annoying thing. When I click a URL shortcut on my desktop or a link in my newsreader, an error box pops up saying "File http://blahblahblah or one of its components not found. Make sure the path and filename are correct." Then FF goes ahead and loads the page. This doesn't happen if FF is already running. If it's not running, it happens every time. I just downloaded 2.0.0.3. Same story. Any clues? -- Dale Beckett Dale Beckett wrote:...

stalled or no download: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-GB; rv:1.8.0.3) Gecko/20060425 SUSE/1.5.0.3-7 Firefox/1.5.0.3
I experience stalled or no download of all (not only specific web-sites) using firefox while another browser "Konquereor" is working normally. Firefox is looking up.. connecting... transfering and then stalled sometimes I get the message "I cant find the server", suprisingly because the status shows transfering, or a login window for the router shows up what has not been seen with the other web browser. A second Linux PC in the network is working as supposed, the router is wide open... connection settings are alredy checked. May be anybody has a hint? Ber...

stalled transfer Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-GB; rv:1.8.0.3) Gecko/20060425 SUSE/1.5.0.3-7 Firefox/1.5.0.3
I experience stalled or no download of all (not only specific web-sites) using firefox while another browser "Konquereor" is working normally. Firefox is looking up.. connecting... transferring and then stalled sometimes I get the message "I cant find the server", surprisingly because the status shows transferring, or a login window for the router shows up what has not been seen with the other web browser. A second Linux PC in the network is working as supposed, the router is wide open... connection settings are already checked. May be anybody has a hint? ...

Graphic-rendering problems firefox verion 2.0 (Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X Mach-O; nb-NO; rv:1.8.1) Gecko/20061010 Firefox/2.0)
Name: Marcus Edvardsen Email: marcus.edvardsen_at_gmail.com Product: Firefox Summary: Graphic-rendering problems firefox verion 2.0 (Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X Mach-O; nb-NO; rv:1.8.1) Gecko/20061010 Firefox/2.0) Comments: It is very hard to explain the problem with words...But you could send an e-mail to me and I will send you a dump of the screen back to you. It seems like it is a problem loading graphics correctly, when loading the startpage...my startpage is www.google.com/ig Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X Mach-O; nb-NO; rv:1.8.1) G...

Firefox 2.0.0.3
hi; my site is http://www.nedir.net. it's frame based. any user login to this site and server create a session. user click any subject from left frame and show content to main frame, session ok! but users when jump to other page (1-2-3 .. ) at content page, session cannot load. this problem for only some firefox users, not ie, opera etc.. math wrote: > hi; > my site is http://www.nedir.net. it's frame based. any user login to > this site and server create a session. user click any subject from > left frame and show content to main frame, session ok! but users w...

Problem with some links since upgrade Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.1) Gecko/2008070208 Firefox/3.0.1
Name: Nick Product: Firefox Summary: Problem with some links since upgrade Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.1) Gecko/2008070208 Firefox/3.0.1 Comments: Hi, I encountered some problem to click links that i used to be able to click with the previous Firefox, i paste a link to let you experience it too http://shop33455054.taobao.com/?catId=39839020&queryType=cat&categoryName=%C8%AB%B3%A1175%D4%AA+C1RCA&browseType=#pagebar as you can see the sub-categories can't be browsed (talking about the menu on the left side) i tried again with the pr...

XP SP2 DDE problems with Firefox anyone? (v.2.0.0.2 and 2.0.0.3)
I had a strange issue crop up the other day, shortly after (but not immediately after) I had upgraded Firefox to v2.0.0.3. Every time I launched a shortcut, or typed a URL from the "run..." line, I got an error message: :"Windows cannot find '[full url here]'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, :and then try again. To search for a file, click the Start button, and then :click Search." [Dialogue button: OK] The site would launch normally, but the annoying dialogue would always pop up. If the browser was open already, there was no error message. ...

Firefox 2.0.0.17 / 3.0.2, 3.0.3 Post Mortem
Hey all, We'll be doing a post-mortem on the recent branch releases - long overdue, sorry for the delay in scheduling. Details: * Thursday - 2:00pm Pacific, 5:00pm Eastern, 21:00 UTC * Mozilla Building S - <script> conference room * 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x91 Conf# 8605 (US/INTL) * 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 8605 (US) * irc.mozilla.org #postmortem for backchannel Agenda * identifying problems that caused the respins * identifying issues missed which caused 3.0.3 * analysis of large vs. small releases * communic...

Problems with version 3 (3.0 and 3.0.1)
Name: Felipe Laprano Email: flapranoatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Problems with version 3 (3.0 and 3.0.1) Comments: I installed the weekend that the version 3.0.1 of Firefox, and the same is locking in some sites and when I will see with streaming quicktime (both quicktime as alternative quicktime), the screen just for me to load and see a message asking to send a report (or not send). I tried to install the 3.0 but the problem persists. Already desinstalei the program completely (excluding the record entries) and tried to reinstall it but the problem occurred agai...

Problem with RegularExpressionValidator and Firefox 3.0.7
Hi,I use a RegularExpressionValidator with a FileUpload : ... ValidationExpression="^(([a-zA-Z]:)|(\\{2}\w+)\$?)(\\(\w[\w].*))+(.jpg|.JPG|.jpeg|.JPEG|.bmp|.BMP|.gif|.GIF)$" ...It works nice with many browsers but not with Firefox 3.0.7 and 3.0.8What's the problem?Thanks Try these... http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa479405.aspx http://forums.asp.net/t/1247653.aspx http://www.informit.com/library/content.aspx?b=STY_Csharp_24hours&seqNum=178Regards,Ram Reddy Mekha, +91-994-840-4315http://abhiramreddymekha.blogspot.comPlease Mark as Answer if the post helps y...

Problem in installing DNN 2.1.2 & 3.0.8
Hi All, I tried to give DNN a try but unfortunately it didn't work I started with 3.0.8 and I extracted the files to C:\dotnetnuke and created the virtual directory on IIS and then I gave the correct permissions to the aspnet user account (Read, Execute, Write, Modify etc...) on the local folder and I then modified the web.config file for the correct sql server connection string. when I tried to run DNN it runs alright but when I try to login as host or admin I am directed to the home tab with no changes at all and the login link does not change to log out I tried to login several tim...

3.0.2 problem
Name: Attila Email: attiladotmodisatkhdothu Product: Firefox Summary: 3.0.2 problem - want to downgrade to stable 3.0.1 Comments: Pls let me know the download source for 3.0.1 Today I accepted the update to 3.0.2 and as a result of that all my personal webpage passwords have disappeared. Installed back the only downloaded 3.0 and they came back. But as I remember 3.0.1 was also OK - wanted to find it dor download - no success. Pls fix the bug or let me download the previous version. Thanx a lot for the great browser! Attila Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Window...

firefox 2.0.0.1 and 2.0.0.2 download window problem
I am having a problem with the download options in the browser. Hope I can explain this correctly so it makes sense. I went to "options" "download" and tried changing it there for various settings with no change. Problem just started with 2.0.01 and unfortunately the browser updated to 2.0.0.2 before I could stop it but problems still there. My other computer works fine with both versions so I think something got corrupted but don't know what or how to fix it. I don't want to uninstall FF and reinstall it and lose all my bookmarks. Is there a r...

Firefox
For probably no more than a week I have been getting a strange problem with Firefox and google search. From time to time after entering a search into the search box on the google search page or clicking on a search result, the displayed page changes to my home page, about blank. I have not noticed this happen with anything other than the google search and search result pages. This evening google search became more or less unusable but there was no problem with bing. I do not have problems with this forum or any other web site I have not installed any google addons. Firefox does not...

Problems with Firefox 2.0.0.11 and 3 Beta 1
Name: dreadyoh Email: ohmshankaatabachodotde Product: Firefox Summary: Problems with Firefox 2.0.0.11 and 3 Beta 1 Comments: I can´t download mowies from quicksilverscreen.com, I get only html site that opens on Firefox 2.0.0.11 and also on Firefox 3 beta 1. With version 3beta1 I also experiance problems by loading my yahoo email account. How is it possible to solf this problem? Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; de; rv:1.9b1) Gecko/2007110904 Firefox/3.0b1 ...

Web resources about - FireFox 2.0.0.3 problem & Netscape 8.1.3 problems - netscape.mozilla.browser

Netscape - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Netscape Communications (formerly known as Netscape Communications Corporation and commonly known as Netscape ) is a US computer services company, ...

AOL.com - Netscape
AOL.com Homepage

The Netscape Blog
After the recent announcement about the future of My.Netscape, there have been a number of questions posed to our feedback channels. We thought ...

AOL.com - Netscape
AOL.com Homepage

Netscape ISP Homepage
Hot Searches: Tiger Woods Wins Memorial Miss USA 2012 Richard Dawson Dies Youngest M.D. Sign In Help & Feedback Breaking News: Clinton: Romney ...

Netscape ISP Homepage
Hot Searches: Jim Parsons Outed Phillip Phillips Kidney Surgery Hurricane Bud John Edwards Trial Sign In Help & Feedback Breaking News: FACT ...

AOL.com - Netscape
AOL offers today's news, sports, stock quotes, weather, movie reviews, TV trends and more. Get free email, AIM access, online radio, videos and ...

Marc Andreessen, internet pioneer and founder of Netscape at Web 2.0 Expo in San Francisco, CA - Flickr ...
Marc Andreessen, internet pioneer and founder of Netscape at Web 2.0 Expo in San Francisco, CA. Andreessen is a well renowned Silicon Valley ...

Kristy Hinze marries Netscape founder
Kristy Hinze, the swimsuit model-turned-billionairess, became the fourth Mrs Jim Clark on Monday. - Brisbane Times

Attention Marc Andreessen: Microsoft Just Bought (Part Of) Netscape
Here’s a deal that would have made many minds explode back in the 1990s: Microsoft is buying Netscape. Or at least, most of the important parts ...