Can't send email when using YahooMail from Mozilla 1.4

I'm running Windows XP Pro and normally use Mozilla 1.4 (Mozilla/5.0
(Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.4) Gecko/20030624) to access
YahooMail.

Today, I tried to send someone email and discovered that after I
composed the text and clicked on the "Send" button, nothing happened.
The adjacent buttons "Save as Draft" and "Cancel" worked, but the
"Save" button didn't do anything.

I then logged off, shut down the Mozilla Gecko browser, and used
Firefox 1.0.3 to access YahooMail. This time I was able to send the
email.

The last time I successfully used Mozilla Gecko to send email from
Yahoo was about 8 days ago. (I haven't tried to send email again until
today, so I don't know what would have happened during the interim).

What was the cause of this ?

Could it be that Yahoo recently changed their interface to use a new
feature that the older Mozilla Gecko couldn't handle, but the
relatively newer (but still old) Firefox was able to implement?
But if that's the case, then why did the "Save" button not work
but the other two buttons ("Save as Draft" and "Cancel") still work?

wylbur37
11/23/2005 2:08:53 PM
netscape.mozilla.browser 4970 articles. 0 followers. Follow

wylbur37 wrote:
> I'm running Windows XP Pro and normally use Mozilla 1.4 (Mozilla/5.0
> (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.4) Gecko/20030624) to access
> YahooMail.
>
> Today, I tried to send someone email and discovered that after I
> composed the text and clicked on the "Send" button, nothing happened.
> The adjacent buttons "Save as Draft" and "Cancel" worked, but the
> "Save" button didn't do anything.
>
> I then logged off, shut down the Mozilla Gecko browser, and used
> Firefox 1.0.3 to access YahooMail. This time I was able to send the
> email.
>
> The last time I successfully used Mozilla Gecko to send email from
> Yahoo was about 8 days ago. (I haven't tried to send email again until
> today, so I don't know what would have happened during the interim).
>
> What was the cause of this ?
>
> Could it be that Yahoo recently changed their interface to use a new
> feature that the older Mozilla Gecko couldn't handle, but the
> relatively newer (but still old) Firefox was able to implement?
> But if that's the case, then why did the "Save" button not work
> but the other two buttons ("Save as Draft" and "Cancel") still work?

Yahoo has been experimenting with many aspects of their interface
recently.  It breaks some things and fixes others.

It would be advisable to use 1.7.12, 1.4 is way past out of date on
security issues.

By the way, crossposting is against the posting etiquette on these
groups. If you do need to cross post, please set a followup.

Lee
0
Leonidas
11/23/2005 4:52:24 PM
wylbur37 wrote:
> I'm running Windows XP Pro and normally use Mozilla 1.4 (Mozilla/5.0
> (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.4) Gecko/20030624) to access
> YahooMail.
>
> Today, I tried to send someone email and discovered that after I
> composed the text and clicked on the "Send" button, nothing happened.
> The adjacent buttons "Save as Draft" and "Cancel" worked, but the
> "Save" button didn't do anything.
>
> I then logged off, shut down the Mozilla Gecko browser, and used
> Firefox 1.0.3 to access YahooMail. This time I was able to send the
> email.
>
> The last time I successfully used Mozilla Gecko to send email from
> Yahoo was about 8 days ago. (I haven't tried to send email again until
> today, so I don't know what would have happened during the interim).
>
> What was the cause of this ?
>
> Could it be that Yahoo recently changed their interface to use a new
> feature that the older Mozilla Gecko couldn't handle, but the
> relatively newer (but still old) Firefox was able to implement?
> But if that's the case, then why did the "Save" button not work
> but the other two buttons ("Save as Draft" and "Cancel") still work?

I'm having the same problem.  I use Mozilla, but I'm not sure which one.
   I _think_ it's also 1.4, but am not positive. I downloaded it about
last year around this time.  I exited the program and used IE to access
my Yahoo email account, and was able to send with no problem.  Found a
Yahoo help page online that indicated the problem was with the SMTP
server requiring authentication.  There is a list of programs that are
supported, and Mozilla/Firefox are not included, although Netscape Mail
(all versions) is one that is listed.  I tried to add a new account with
the SMTP port (587)indicated, but that was not successful either.  I'm
not savvy enough to go any further.  At this point, I'm only able to
open email in Yahoo, then open a second screen, go to my local ISP
mailbox, copy, paste and send.  I really don't want to have to do this.
  Any help would be appreciated.

SueK
0
jJohn
11/23/2005 5:59:17 PM
jJohn Klausner wrote:
> wylbur37 wrote:
>
>> I'm running Windows XP Pro and normally use Mozilla 1.4 (Mozilla/5.0
>> (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.4) Gecko/20030624) to access
>> YahooMail.
>>
>> Today, I tried to send someone email and discovered that after I
>> composed the text and clicked on the "Send" button, nothing happened.
>> The adjacent buttons "Save as Draft" and "Cancel" worked, but the
>> "Save" button didn't do anything.
>>
>> I then logged off, shut down the Mozilla Gecko browser, and used
>> Firefox 1.0.3 to access YahooMail. This time I was able to send the
>> email.
>>
>> The last time I successfully used Mozilla Gecko to send email from
>> Yahoo was about 8 days ago. (I haven't tried to send email again until
>> today, so I don't know what would have happened during the interim).
>>
>> What was the cause of this ?
>>
>> Could it be that Yahoo recently changed their interface to use a new
>> feature that the older Mozilla Gecko couldn't handle, but the
>> relatively newer (but still old) Firefox was able to implement?
>> But if that's the case, then why did the "Save" button not work
>> but the other two buttons ("Save as Draft" and "Cancel") still work?

> I'm having the same problem.  I use Mozilla, but I'm not sure which one.
>   I _think_ it's also 1.4, but am not positive. I downloaded it about
> last year around this time.  I exited the program and used IE to access
> my Yahoo email account, and was able to send with no problem.  Found a
> Yahoo help page online that indicated the problem was with the SMTP
> server requiring authentication.  There is a list of programs that are
> supported, and Mozilla/Firefox are not included, although Netscape Mail
> (all versions) is one that is listed.  I tried to add a new account with
> the SMTP port (587)indicated, but that was not successful either.  I'm
> not savvy enough to go any further.  At this point, I'm only able to
> open email in Yahoo, then open a second screen, go to my local ISP
> mailbox, copy, paste and send.  I really don't want to have to do this.
>  Any help would be appreciated.
>
> SueK
Bad form responding to my own post...oh well.

2nd response.  After replying to this post, I was unable to send it.
Went in and deleted the second email client, deleted the SMTP, and
resent.  It went through with no problem.  So...adding the SMTP
apparently adds another problem.
SueK
0
jJohn
11/23/2005 6:03:40 PM
jJohn Klausner wrote:
> wylbur37 wrote:
>> I'm running Windows XP Pro and normally use Mozilla 1.4 (Mozilla/5.0
>> (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.4) Gecko/20030624) to access
>> YahooMail.
>>
>> Today, I tried to send someone email and discovered that after I
>> composed the text and clicked on the "Send" button, nothing happened.
>> The adjacent buttons "Save as Draft" and "Cancel" worked, but the
>> "Save" button didn't do anything.
>>
>> I then logged off, shut down the Mozilla Gecko browser, and used
>> Firefox 1.0.3 to access YahooMail. This time I was able to send the
>> email.
>>
>> The last time I successfully used Mozilla Gecko to send email from
>> Yahoo was about 8 days ago. (I haven't tried to send email again until
>> today, so I don't know what would have happened during the interim).
>>
>> What was the cause of this ?
>>
>> Could it be that Yahoo recently changed their interface to use a new
>> feature that the older Mozilla Gecko couldn't handle, but the
>> relatively newer (but still old) Firefox was able to implement?
>> But if that's the case, then why did the "Save" button not work
>> but the other two buttons ("Save as Draft" and "Cancel") still work?

> I'm having the same problem.  I use Mozilla, but I'm not sure which one.
>   I _think_ it's also 1.4, but am not positive. I downloaded it about
> last year around this time.  I exited the program and used IE to access
> my Yahoo email account, and was able to send with no problem.  Found a
> Yahoo help page online that indicated the problem was with the SMTP
> server requiring authentication.  There is a list of programs that are
> supported, and Mozilla/Firefox are not included, although Netscape Mail
> (all versions) is one that is listed.  I tried to add a new account with
> the SMTP port (587)indicated, but that was not successful either.  I'm
> not savvy enough to go any further.  At this point, I'm only able to
> open email in Yahoo, then open a second screen, go to my local ISP
> mailbox, copy, paste and send.  I really don't want to have to do this.
>  Any help would be appreciated.
>
> SueK

About a year ago would be early 1.7. Your UA seems to indicate a beta
release:

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Win98; en-US; rv:1.7b) Gecko/20040316

Help>>About Mozilla will give you full version information.

Lee
0
Leonidas

How can I get out of my Mozilla's browser the Winamp browser and get back the Google's or Mozilla's browser.
Please I have got to my browser ( I don't know how.) the Winamp browser he behave like virus stick in.But he doesn't has uninstalation section so I can't do anything to get him away from Mozilla's file. I'm not happy of Winamp's behave its like advertisement against a customer's will. Please is there any way to get him away from Mozilla?Please send me exact direction I have tried many ways but he is deeply inside the systeme so when I install new Mozilla he is always here ready to pester me. Thank you for an answer. Richard ...

Can't install Email-Send & Can't access Bugzilla in Browser
Hi All I am facing this problem for many days now and actually am stuck at this point can somebody please help me in resolving this (platform is Windows Server 2003, perl 5.8.8, Apache 2.2.4) 1) When I runchecksetup.pl command it give me error that Email Send and Emil MIME Modifier are not installed ..... I followed the instructions and run the commands but am unable to install these two C:\Bugzilla\bugzilla-3.0>ppm install Email-Send Downloading ActiveState Package Repository packlist...not modified Downloading theory58S packlist...redirect Downloading theory58S packlist...

Can't send email from Mozilla
Name: Orinda Spence Email: spenlo_at_netscape.com Product: Mozilla Suite Summary: Can't send email from Mozilla Comments: Error message reads that the Smtp server can not be found. Please check account setting. I have checked, edited, removed, added and still can't send mail. I can send from Internet Explorer and that is tempting. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050915 ...

WindowsApplication can send email,but WebApplication can't send,and don't show error.
WindowsApplication can send email,but WebApplication can't send,and don't show error. this is code Dim strBody As String = "This is the body..." Dim OLApp As New outlook.Application() Dim msg As outlook.MailItem msg = OLApp.CreateItem(outlook.OlItemType.olMailItem) msg.To = "sbzhong@cclmotors.com" msg.Subject = "Automated e-mail" msg.Body = strBody CType(msg, outlook._MailItem).Send() ...

Firefox 1.07 will not "send link" i.e won't hook into e-mail to send link. If I use Mozilla suite no problems????
Name: george clark Email: gclark38_at_gmail.com Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 1.07 will not "send link" i.e won't hook into e-mail to send link. If I use Mozilla suite no problems???? Comments: Not sure if this the right place to send this question. Otherwise great set of programs, like them alot Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050915 Firefox/1.0.7 ...

Mozilla 1.4 can't understand Flash
http://www.boweryballroom.com has some kind of sniffer that thinks I don't have Flash installed. If I go directly to the Flash file through its own URL http://www.boweryballroom.com/bowery.swf I get a message saying that it is of type "application/x-shockwave-flash" and that Mozilla does not know how to handle this file type. http://www.marwoodband.com/home.html has a sniffer that presumably recognizes Flash, but all I get is a white rectangle on a black background. Underlying that are frames containing Flash movies that appear not to load. If I go dire...

Can't get into Comcast email using Mozilla
Name: Glen Weber Email: email4ginatcomcastdotnet Product: Firefox Summary: Can't get into Comcast email using Mozilla Comments: For the past 3 or 4 days I have not been able to bring up my email using Mozilla. I call Comcast. All seems clear there. I can get into my email if I use internet explorer. I do get connected to Comcast home page sometimes and other times I get a big white screen. We have been please with Mozilla up until this week. Hope you can help. Comcast said they had received other calls from Mozilla users having the same problem. Browser Details...

Can't install Mozilla 1.4 on Windows
When I run the install program in Windows 2000 SP2 It fails at the very end of the install, leving no message in the log stating what is wrong. I am running Mozilla 1.3.1 without incident, but want 1.4. Any suggestions? The same thing happened to me but under Windows XP SP-1. I tried installing both with Mozilla 1.3.1 still installed and after uninstalling 1.3.1. In each case, the install program generates an error at what seems like the very end of the installation process. Dennis M. wrote: > When I run the install program in Windows 2000 SP2 It fails at the > ve...

Mozilla 1.4
Sometimes I encounter a page with a link to a .jpg file that Mozilla 1.4 is unable to display - it pops up another empty Navigator window, and a warning pops-up: The file "filename" is of type image/jpeg (JPEG image), and Mozilla does not know how to handle this file type. What Should Mozilla do (options are save or open using...). I've seen other messages on Usenet regarding same problem, but no one has posted a fix or solution! Any ideas appreciated. ...

Mozilla 1.4
Hi I'm using Mozilla 1.4 mailnews for about two weeks, changing from MSFT applications. But - I'm really starting to believe that, after all, MSFT products aren't that bad: For the last 3 days, I couldn't access my POP3 mail account anymore using mozilla mailnews! After startup of the mailnews application, it very briefly shows a message "receiving mail 1 of 51" - but it doesn't seem to receive any mails. Then it just stops without any error message. If I try the "get msgs" button again, the message "Folder is being processed. Wait u...

A problem to send email using Smtp
I have a proble to send an email from asp.net I do the following code to send an email: MailMessage mail=new MailMessage(); mail.From="test@server.com"; mail.To="myemailaddress@server.com"; mail.BodyFormat=MailFormat.Html; mail.Subject="testing..."; mail.Body="cool"; SmtpMail.SmtpServer="localhost"; SmtpMail.Send(mail); But I dont' receive an email when I use this method. Why is that? How can I send an email? Thanks in advance! check and see if.. -your client-side code has no errors -you imported the S...

Sun j2re 1.4.2 won't fly: Mozilla 1.4 on RH 7.3
Installed Mozilla 1.4 on RH 7.3. Worked. Installed SUns j2re 1.4.2 - pain ensued. I put in the ln -s /usr/local/mozilla/plugins to libjavaplugin_oji.so but it doesn't work. Here's what happens when mozilla starts up: LoadPlugin: failed to initialize shared library /usr/java/j2re1.4.2/plugin/i386/ns610-gcc32/libjavaplugin_oji.so [libgcc_s.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory] # pwd /usr/local/mozilla/plugins # ls -al libjava* lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 64 Jul 18 15:04 libjavaplugin_oji.so -> /usr/java/j2re1.4.2/plugin...

Isn't it called Mozilla? It's what the browser I'm using is called.
Name: Keith Email: BIGred1_1965atlivedotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Isn't it called Mozilla? It's what the browser I'm using is called. Comments: I'm HOPING that I can persuade somebody HERE, to install a button in Mozilla. To close the currently viewed window, WITHOUT having to close the entire browser, go check out the ADVANCED browser. It's what I WAS using before I had Mozilla installed/infecting my machine. IF you install the button I'm asking for, I'll consider KEEPING it as my browser, even though I've ALREADY got the A.B. configured....

Web resources about - Can't send email when using YahooMail from Mozilla 1.4 - netscape.mozilla.browser