Starting extension from command line

Ok - I have my extension running. I used livehttpheaders as a template.
My extension fires off from the Tools menubar.

But now let's say I want to start firefox (with command line args) and
open my extension as well. If I use

firefox -chrome chrome://myext/content/myext.xul

that will open my extension - but there is no firefox browser.

I tried

firefox & firefox -chrome chrome://myext/content/myext.xul

but that brings up the profiles dlg box.

How can I open firefox AND my extension from a shell script ?

charlie
4/6/2005 6:27:56 PM
netscape.dev.xul 999 articles. 0 followers. Follow

charlie schmitt wrote:

> How can I open firefox AND my extension from a shell script ?

Try using both -browser and -chrome

--
Warning: May contain traces of nuts.
0

firefox -help didn't hint at -browser ...

Neil wrote:
> charlie schmitt wrote:
>
>> How can I open firefox AND my extension from a shell script ?
>

> Try using both -browser and -chrome

0
charlie
4/6/2005 8:37:14 PM
charlie schmitt wrote:

> firefox -help didn't hint at -browser ...

Correct; that's a bug, because -browser and -chrome are actually
implemented as the same command and it's only if you don't provide a url
that they open a browser window.

--
Warning: May contain traces of nuts.
0
Neil
4/7/2005 10:06:50 AM
Hope it stays a bug :-)

Neil wrote:
> charlie schmitt wrote:
>
>> firefox -help didn't hint at -browser ...
>

> Correct; that's a bug, because -browser and -chrome are actually
> implemented as the same command and it's only if you don't provide a url
> that they open a browser window.

0
charlie

How to pass command line arguments to an extension using a command line on MacOS?
I am developing an extension that processes some command line options. I want to invoke the Firefox from a command line like this: > ...../firefox -myarg1 -myarg2 I am running into a problem on Mac OS. When I run such command when there is no FireFox running it works fine. However if I run the command again I get an error saying that there is already an instance of Firefox running and only one instance can run at a time (paraphrasing here). I have tried to use the -remote option but no luck. Does anyone know how to solve this problem? Does anyone know if invoking of chatzill...

How to pass command line arguments to an extension using a command line on MacOS
I am developing an extension that processes some command line options. I want to invoke the Firefox from a command line like this: > ...../firefox -myarg1 -myarg2 I am running into a problem on Mac OS. When I run such command when there is no FireFox running it works fine. However if I run the command again I get an error saying that there is already an instance of Firefox running and only one instance can run at a time (paraphrasing here). I have tried to use the -remote option but no luck. Does anyone know how to solve this problem? Does anyone know if invoking of chatzill...

Command Line commands
Is there a list of commands that can be used at the NetWare server and at the Windows workstation command line for ZFD 4.? I can't find them in the documentation or on the knowledgebase apart from ZENVER. Thanks in advance for any replies. Spamaddress@spam.com, > Is there a list of commands that can be used at the NetWare server and at > the Windows workstation command line for ZFD 4.? > To control what? NAL? - Anders Gustafsson, Engineer, CNE6, ASE NSC Volunteer Sysop Pedago, The Aaland Islands (N60 E20) Novell does not monitor these forums officiall...

Command line commands
Within a PowerBuilder application, how do I create an association so that all files with no extension are opened with notepad? I am using InsertFile command. I know we can use the command line 'assoc' command but I don't know how to include it in PowerBuilder code. I am using PowerBuilder 6.5 Thanks Mangala You could probably do that with the run function. However, you should be careful because most directories don't have extensions. I don't know what kind of behavior that will cause. Mike ...

Starting applications from command line?
All, I am a redhat admin and also use Ubuntu. Installed opensuse on my home machine to give it a whirl. I can't seem to figure out why i can't open gui application from the command line. I receive a GTK error when trying to open with sudo. What am i doing wrong? EDIT: NM solved my own question, had to add DISPLAY and XAUTHORITY to the sudoers file. -- markdjones82 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Sudo may not be configured. I have never had any problem opening a console as a user and entering the application nam...

command line in dev env?
How do you pass a command line to your application when you run it out of the development environment? Chris, We use the KISS method (keep it simple ...) in the application open event: string sCmdParm If this.Handle() > 0 then // it's the EXE sCmdParm = CommandParm() else sCmdParm = RegistryGet( ' a custom registry location for our app containing the commandline ') end if We have a .reg file that contains the location and commandline we want to set, and one that also blanks it out, and we just set/unset these during testing. We wrote this in PB5...

command line arguments for extension
Hello, I am writing an extension which stores information about mail transfer, stored files etc. in a RDF-repository to make it available for other applications. Now I want to start thunderbird with a messagID as command line argument so that my extension can show this message (afaik there is no built-in command line argument for that). My question now is, how can I access command line arguments in my extension? Thx for your help, David einStein wrote: > Hello, > > I am writing an extension which stores information about mail > transfer, stored files etc. in a...

Command line extension install
Hi, We're an open-source project building a virtual machine dev env for LAMP. https://github.com/quickstart/quickstart-drupal/wiki We'd like to include some common web development extensions. Our build system is commandline Puppet scripts. We'd prefer to not have a manual configuration - (20 manual configurations is alot of time for testing and building) What's the best way to install extensions? This wouldn't work if Firefox wouldn't do updates: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Installing_extensions This didn't work on Ubuntu 12.04 /usr/l...

extension from command line thunderbird

Starting ISQL from command line

Command-line Extension Installer
Something along the lines of install-mozilla-extension (--firefox|--thunderbird|...) \ ext1 ext2 ... Where extN is either a file or a URL, in either case something .xpi. Something like this would make remote/bulk installing/upgrading/extending of mozilla+family installations much easier. Cheers, Carlo On 2005-01-09 18:07, Carlo Graziani wrote: > Something along the lines of > > install-mozilla-extension (--firefox|--thunderbird|...) \ > ext1 ext2 ... > > Where extN is either a file or a...

Start a Build From Command Line
I know this is a long shot, but ... Is there a way to start a build from the command line? We're maintaining several applications that are dependent on some common service classes. When those services change, we have to open each application's project painter and manually execute a build. We'd like to put all those dependencies into a batch file, sort of like you'd do with a C/C++ make file. Thanks. Jack Frosch Jack, You need PowerGen from ECrane Computing. www.ecrane.com. This little utility is absolutely invaluable! Paul Horan VCI Springfield, ...

How to stop and start service from command line
At sites where they run automatic backups nightly, using Arcserve for example, and where there is an ASA service running with 2 databases loaded: is there command-line way to stop and restart the service that could be added into the backup scripts? Steve net stop <servicename> net start <servicename> If you put this in a batch file, you can schedule it with the at command. But isn't it better to schedule a dbbackup command before the tape backup and only backup the backup (knwo what I mean?) instead of the running db? Geert 'Darling' Van Damme St...

start mozilla mail from command line.
How to start mozilla mail (without the browser) from command line? I'm running FreeBSD 5.1-RELEASE on a old PIII box. To save memory I often browse the web using epiphany instead of mozilla, and use mozilla often only as a mailer. On 5-11-2003 19:07, Zhang Weiwu wrote: > How to start mozilla mail (without the browser) from command line? > > I'm running FreeBSD 5.1-RELEASE on a old PIII box. To save memory I > often browse the web using epiphany instead of mozilla, and use mozilla > often only as a mailer. This is a *developer* newsgroup [and yes &...

Web resources about - Starting extension from command line - netscape.dev.xul

Google Chrome extension - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
to build the extensions which requires different code and skills for each extension. Extensions can be created through use of web technologies ...

Sydney Metro: Extension train line to Liverpool could end overcrowding and cut travel times - DailyTelegraph ...
SYDNEY’s new metro train line could be extended to Liverpool to cut travel times into the CBD by 15 minutes and finally end overcrowding on existing ...

Christie Brinkley uses Botox in neck and hair extensions to look younger
The 61-year-old model admits being au natural is not how she maintains her Uptown Girl look.

Kirisome Auva'a inks three-year contract extension with South Sydney Rabbitohs
... after his NRL career tinkered on collapse because of a domestic violence conviction, Kirisome Auva'a has signed a three-year contract extension ...

Google Wallpaper Art extension will make your Chromebook look gorgeous
... but other times we are way too busy to feel that drive. Google wants to take that load off your back and beautify your wallpaper with an extension ...

Brandon Crawford's extension is reasonable
... after he posted the best season of his career. On Tuesday, the Giants gave shortstop Brandon Crawford a six-year, $75 million dollar extension, ...

Use this Chrome extension to block all ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ spoilers
In less than a month, the whole world will be lining up to see Star Wars: The Force Awakens in theaters on opening day. Well, maybe not the whole ...

Banish 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' spoilers with this Chrome extension
Spoilers are consigned to the outer rim if you install this extension.

Morning Minute: Crawford talks extension; Kings go down in Atlanta
... 58° Navigation Home Giants A's Sharks Warriors Kings 49ers Raiders Quakes Insiders More Tickets Shop Watch Morning Minute: Crawford talks extension; ...

Apple now has an extension kit for space black link bracelet
... for Apple Watch is one of the slickest looking bands for Apple Watch, and now if you’ve got XL thick wrists you can finally buy an extension ...