If Tbird could use SpamBayes as filter, I would use it as email client

Name:    Peter
Email:   liep54_at_yahoo.com
Product: Thunderbird

Comments:
I like SpamBayes better for eliminating spam than the native Mozilla
product (sorry, guys, but my wife had been using it, and it just didn't
do the job.  SpamBayes discriminates better. )  Maybe you should just
integrate it?

In Kmail, (or outlook, outlook express) you can set up spambayes as a
filter for emails, as one of the options of 'what to do when' some email
criteria is met, or a button is selected.  I have it set up to filter
every email through the discrimination function,     with buttons to add
to spam (or ham) database, etc..  Works like a charm, and though I
occasionally have a ham go to 'unsure', and less than one in ten spams
gets through, I never have ham go to spam.

Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.7.10) Gecko/20050716 Firefox/1.0.6
0
Peter
11/6/2005 6:23:02 PM
netscape.beta.feedback 5379 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Peter wrote:
> Product: Thunderbird

I wholeheartedly agree, I tried Thunderbird a couple of times in the
last year or so but went back to Outlook just because it supports
Spambayes (or rather Spambayes supports it).
And if / when Thunderbird supports Spambayes I shall be formatting my
hard drive and installing Fedora within hours, Outlook is the only MS
app left holding me back.

JohnShep

0
boxrec

Using Using
I have just completed reading a chapter in my book on performance. The books says to speed up performance on your web site you should use the using statement when opening connections. My question is how do you catch errors if you are using this as apposed to a try catch block.thanksBryan  Why would you use it as an alternative to a try/catch statement. Couldn't you just do something like  public void UsingSomeMethod() { try { SomeMethod(); } catch(SomeException e) { /// do something useful }}public void SomeMethod() { using (Something) { ...

When to use ( and when to use ((?
I'm just not getting it. When do you use ( in a statement, when do you need to use ((, and is the space after either or both mandatory? For example, I coded this statement: if (( $_ eq $bad_guys_ip )) { more_stuff_here }; Why the two (( in an if? And why does it seem to not work when I miss the space after the ((? Thanx! Mark me as... /Corn-fused|Dense/ > I'm just not getting it. >=20 > When do you use ( in a statement, when do you need to use ((, and is > the space after either or both mandatory? >=20 > For example, I coded this sta...

Send e-mail with attachment using default email client using ASP.NET
Hi,                 In my application (web based application) a send link is there. Onclick of that I want to open the default email client on the local machine with a file attached to it and let the user enter the additional details (recipients, etc). The email client will be MS Outlook or Lotus Notes 8 or any other thing.I have tried:- Mailto, but this does not seem to be a very stable solution and not able to attach file to it.- Smtp, but I am not able to open the email client before sendingI hope someone...

Send e-mail with attachment using default email client using ASP.NET #2
Post split off from http://forums.asp.net/t/1350606.aspx.  Hi, how to open default mail client with attachment from web application? Regards, Kate Hi check this link for Sending Email with attachment in ASP.NET using SMTP Server http://www.codeproject.com/KB/aspnet/SivaEMailSample.aspx you can also try this example to send Email using Gmail Account http://yasserzaid.wordpress.com/2009/04/12/send-email-using-gmail-account/ Hope this helps Good Luck...

How to use the arguments to use() in the package being used
Howdy,=20 The subject says it all believe it or not :) What I'm trying to figure out is how to pass an argument=20 (pragma I believe is the proper term) to use() and do=20 sonethign in the package based on it. I've looked at CGI.pm source but can't seem to track it down.=20 (Similar idea as to CGIs -oldstyle_urls -newstyel_urls) http://search.cpan.org/~lds/CGI.pm-3.04/CGI.pm#PRAGMAS What I'd like to do is something like this: # for old time's sake we'll just use our favorite module use Foo::Monkey qw(:Foo :Bar -doamazingthings); #then in Foo::Monkey...

A problem to send email using Smtp
I have a proble to send an email from asp.net I do the following code to send an email: MailMessage mail=new MailMessage(); mail.From="test@server.com"; mail.To="myemailaddress@server.com"; mail.BodyFormat=MailFormat.Html; mail.Subject="testing..."; mail.Body="cool"; SmtpMail.SmtpServer="localhost"; SmtpMail.Send(mail); But I dont' receive an email when I use this method. Why is that? How can I send an email? Thanks in advance! check and see if.. -your client-side code has no errors -you imported the S...

To use or not to use pfc filter service...
Is it a preferred standard to use the pfc filtering service if you are just doing a basic filter and don't use any dialog for adhoc filtering? My code filters rows, interrogates those rows and then undoes the filter, all with redraw off, so the user never suspects a thing. What does the pfc filter service give me in this scenario? Here is my code using traditional powerbuilder filtering: long ll_Needs[] string ls_Filter This.dw_needs.of_SetFilter( TRUE ) //Gather the needs the user has selected to be printed. If ab_AllNeeds, get all needs if Not ab_AllNeeds then ls_F...

Feedback after using Beta
Name: Avik Kr Dutta Email: avikisdutta69atgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Feedback after using Beta Comments: Very Very Good Excellent Cant be anything better than this. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1b2) Gecko/20081201 Firefox/3.1b2 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

trouble using Beta, unable to use any other version
Name: Andy Fowler Email: agfowler_at_adelphia.net Product: Firefox Summary: trouble using Beta, unable to use any other version Comments: Since I loaded the beta version i'm unable to view pictures or movie clips of anything embedded withib a news article. When I download the new version 1.7, or any other earlier version, i get a white screen except for the very top(which I tried to copy below). Jumbled together are the commands, file, view, edit, etc, along with an addressline and query line, none usable. The image �file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Andy/Local%20...

why to use 1)use CGI,2)use Strict ,3)use Carp in script
hi why we r using 1)use CGI, 2)use Strict, 3)use Carp in the begining of script sometimes. What is the use of it.Is the files CGI.pm,Strict.pm,Carp.pm default with PERL. Thnx __________________________________________________ Do You Yahoo!? Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around http://mail.yahoo.com On Thu, 2004-11-04 at 09:31, supriya devburman wrote: > hi Hi > why we r using > 1)use CGI, We only use CGI when we want to use methods from that module (usually on web pages); see `perldoc CGI` for more information on what you...

after using firefox several minute not immiedietly though i cant use win 7 task bar hover to check tim/date whil using any new firefox beta
Name: Product: Firefox Summary: after using firefox several minute not immiedietly though i cant use win 7 task bar hover to check tim/date whil using any new firefox beta Comments: v Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:2.0b2) Gecko/20100720 Firefox/4.0b2 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

When to use/not use ViewState
I'm creating a client app and I'm wondering is it neccessary to enable viewstate for "All" the fields. When should you use viewstate and when should you "NOT" use viewstate. Thanks.Daniel It depends on your requirements. if you dont need to preserve the contents of inputboxes past the initial post then dont turn on viewstate for them. you could take the approach of turning off viewstate for everything, and then turn it back on item by item as you find you need it. It shouldnt just be enabled for everything as it does make the page heavier - especially with ...

DSRepair
Any good information on when to use Dsrepair which settings to use ? Is this something that should be run on a monthly /weekly basis and which of the million settings should be turned on:o) Use DSREPAIR to fix a broken database - that is what it is intended to be used for. It is not intended to be used as a "regular maintenance" tool. Using it in this way can in fact hide more serious issues by removing symptoms that indicate a more serious problem. Use it as a last resort for trying to identify problems with the database. Run health checks weekly or monthly (...

How to use net use?
Please can any one tell me how to use the dos command net use properly? I have read the help but can't seem to get it to work. Keep getting sytax error message. Thanks in advance. "Beowulf" <who-knows@no-one.com> wrote in message news:9krutk$puu$1@news.grc.com... > Please can any one tell me how to use the dos command net use properly? > > I have read the help but can't seem to get it to work. Keep getting sytax > error message. what are you trying to do? There are about 50 options to "net use" that do a ton of different thin...

Web resources about - If Tbird could use SpamBayes as filter, I would use it as email client - netscape.beta.feedback

SpamBayes: Bayesian anti-spam classifier written in Python.
Locate the row which contains your operating system and mail program tosee which version of SpamBayes is right for you. If you can test any of ...

Bard College - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Annandale-on-Hudson , New York , U.S. Bard College , founded in 1860 as "St. Stephen's College," is a small four-year liberal arts college located ...

The Tech Guy Labs - Leo Laporte, "The Tech Guy" on the Premiere Radio Networks
Q Alan from Anaheim - Getting Myspace/Facebook messages via Thunderbird You would have to see what Myspace is sending. The way the coders do ...

Sitemap
Do not edit this page

Gmail being throttled, blocked by some anti-spam vendors
Over the past month, major anti-spam vendors have had to apply scrutiny to …

MailServe for Snow Leopard
MailServe Snow MailServe for Snow Leopard now includes a fresh 32/64-bit build of Dovecot. While UW/IMAP is still available as an IMAP/POP3 ...

Outlook as a platform
Despite all the security vulnerabilities over the years, the clunky interface, and the near-glacial pace of improvements to the program, I still ...

Category:How-To - DreamHost
Category:How-To From DreamHost Jump to: navigation , search This category contains DreamHost-specific tutorials. Subcategories This category ...

MSN Desktop Search
I can barely keep up! On Monday, MSN announced the beta of their Desktop search toolbar. At first glance it appears to be the re-branded version ...

Resources - HighTechies
Note that some “free software” lists are what I consider misleading, in that they point to free downloads of programs that you then have to pay ...