Won't send, won't receive, won't do anything but send me rejection messages!

I keep getting messages such as these:

Unable to connect to your IMAP server.  You may have exceeded the maximum c=
onnections to this server. If so, use the IMAP server settings dialog to re=
duce the number of cached connections.

Sending of the message failed.
The message could not be sent because the connection to Outgoing server (SM=
TP) smtp.google.com was lost in the middle of the transaction. Try again.

I have used Thunderbird for years, and have really liked it. Sometimes one =
of the top of the pages goes up way too high above the top of the screen, s=
o there is no way to get near the top of the page, to pull it down. But now=
 I'm using Windows 10, and I'm so fed up with having issues with Thunderbir=
d, that I'm wanting to import all of my contacts into Gmail, and use it exc=
lusively. However, Gmail won't even allow me to do that--it only wants to a=
ccept old Gmail contacts!! =20

Do you have any solutions? I have already tried to change the Account/Serve=
r Settings, before that page decided to go fly a kite, but it didn't help a=
t all.

Thank you for reading/considering my email. If you can resolve these issues=
, I might choose to stay with Thunderbird--who knows??

Brenda
0
Brenda
9/30/2015 7:02:08 PM
mozilla.support.thunderbird 22506 articles. 5 followers. Post Follow

7 Replies
2346 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 27
Get it on Google Play
Get it on Apple App Store

On 30/09/15 20:02, Brenda Dyck wrote:
> I keep getting messages such as these:
>
> Unable to connect to your IMAP server.  You may have exceeded the maximum connections to this server. If so, use the IMAP server settings dialog to reduce the number of cached connections.
>
> Sending of the message failed.
> The message could not be sent because the connection to Outgoing server (SMTP) smtp.google.com was lost in the middle of the transaction. Try again.
>
> I have used Thunderbird for years, and have really liked it. Sometimes one of the top of the pages goes up way too high above the top of the screen, so there is no way to get near the top of the page, to pull it down. But now I'm using Windows 10, and I'm so fed up with having issues with Thunderbird, that I'm wanting to import all of my contacts into Gmail, and use it exclusively. However, Gmail won't even allow me to do that--it only wants to accept old Gmail contacts!!
>
> Do you have any solutions? I have already tried to change the Account/Server Settings, before that page decided to go fly a kite, but it didn't help at all.
>
> Thank you for reading/considering my email. If you can resolve these issues, I might choose to stay with Thunderbird--who knows??
>
> Brenda
>


Brenda,

Have you checked your imap settings to see if they are still correct? 
Windows 10 has got a very serious problem in that it changes many 
settings without notifying anything to the user.  Mozilla's CEO has 
formally complained to Microsoft (an open letter is posted on Mozilla 
blogs) about certain settings and so I suspect this could be another one.

I have also noticed that the lines of your post is very long for my 
likings.  I have to scroll horizontally to read your entire message and 
this too needs to be corrected.

You also need to distinguish correctly between GMA@IL and Thunderbird. 
GMAIL is a service provider while Thunderbird is an EMAIL client.  So 
when you say you are trying to import all your contacts in GMAIL, do you 
mean to say you are importing in Thunderbird?

We might have the solutions for you but you need to start with checking 
the IMAP settings and post back here.

Good luck.


0
Linux
9/30/2015 8:03:51 PM
--089e013cbd32b8d21b0520fca9d9
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8

I'm assuming by Gmail she means the gmail web client..

On Wed, Sep 30, 2015 at 1:03 PM, Linux User <Linux.User@invalid.invalid>
wrote:

> On 30/09/15 20:02, Brenda Dyck wrote:
>
>> I keep getting messages such as these:
>>
>> Unable to connect to your IMAP server.  You may have exceeded the maximum
>> connections to this server. If so, use the IMAP server settings dialog to
>> reduce the number of cached connections.
>>
>> Sending of the message failed.
>> The message could not be sent because the connection to Outgoing server
>> (SMTP) smtp.google.com was lost in the middle of the transaction. Try
>> again.
>>
>> I have used Thunderbird for years, and have really liked it. Sometimes
>> one of the top of the pages goes up way too high above the top of the
>> screen, so there is no way to get near the top of the page, to pull it
>> down. But now I'm using Windows 10, and I'm so fed up with having issues
>> with Thunderbird, that I'm wanting to import all of my contacts into Gmail,
>> and use it exclusively. However, Gmail won't even allow me to do that--it
>> only wants to accept old Gmail contacts!!
>>
>> Do you have any solutions? I have already tried to change the
>> Account/Server Settings, before that page decided to go fly a kite, but it
>> didn't help at all.
>>
>> Thank you for reading/considering my email. If you can resolve these
>> issues, I might choose to stay with Thunderbird--who knows??
>>
>> Brenda
>>
>>
>
> Brenda,
>
> Have you checked your imap settings to see if they are still correct?
> Windows 10 has got a very serious problem in that it changes many settings
> without notifying anything to the user.  Mozilla's CEO has formally
> complained to Microsoft (an open letter is posted on Mozilla blogs) about
> certain settings and so I suspect this could be another one.
>
> I have also noticed that the lines of your post is very long for my
> likings.  I have to scroll horizontally to read your entire message and
> this too needs to be corrected.
>
> You also need to distinguish correctly between GMA@IL and Thunderbird.
> GMAIL is a service provider while Thunderbird is an EMAIL client.  So when
> you say you are trying to import all your contacts in GMAIL, do you mean to
> say you are importing in Thunderbird?
>
> We might have the solutions for you but you need to start with checking
> the IMAP settings and post back here.
>
> Good luck.
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> support-thunderbird mailing list
> support-thunderbird@lists.mozilla.org
> https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/support-thunderbird
> To unsubscribe, send an email to
> support-thunderbird-request@lists.mozilla.org?subject=unsubscribe
>

--089e013cbd32b8d21b0520fca9d9
Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr">I&#39;m assuming by Gmail she means the gmail web client..=
</div><div class=3D"gmail_extra"><br><div class=3D"gmail_quote">On Wed, Sep=
 30, 2015 at 1:03 PM, Linux User <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:Li=
nux.User@invalid.invalid" target=3D"_blank">Linux.User@invalid.invalid</a>&=
gt;</span> wrote:<br><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 =
0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex"><span class=3D"">On 30/=
09/15 20:02, Brenda Dyck wrote:<br>
<blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1p=
x #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">
I keep getting messages such as these:<br>
<br>
Unable to connect to your IMAP server.=C2=A0 You may have exceeded the maxi=
mum connections to this server. If so, use the IMAP server settings dialog =
to reduce the number of cached connections.<br>
<br>
Sending of the message failed.<br>
The message could not be sent because the connection to Outgoing server (SM=
TP) <a href=3D"http://smtp.google.com" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank"=
>smtp.google.com</a> was lost in the middle of the transaction. Try again.<=
br>
<br>
I have used Thunderbird for years, and have really liked it. Sometimes one =
of the top of the pages goes up way too high above the top of the screen, s=
o there is no way to get near the top of the page, to pull it down. But now=
 I&#39;m using Windows 10, and I&#39;m so fed up with having issues with Th=
underbird, that I&#39;m wanting to import all of my contacts into Gmail, an=
d use it exclusively. However, Gmail won&#39;t even allow me to do that--it=
 only wants to accept old Gmail contacts!!<br>
<br>
Do you have any solutions? I have already tried to change the Account/Serve=
r Settings, before that page decided to go fly a kite, but it didn&#39;t he=
lp at all.<br>
<br>
Thank you for reading/considering my email. If you can resolve these issues=
, I might choose to stay with Thunderbird--who knows??<br>
<br>
Brenda<br>
<br>
</blockquote>
<br>
<br></span>
Brenda,<br>
<br>
Have you checked your imap settings to see if they are still correct? Windo=
ws 10 has got a very serious problem in that it changes many settings witho=
ut notifying anything to the user.=C2=A0 Mozilla&#39;s CEO has formally com=
plained to Microsoft (an open letter is posted on Mozilla blogs) about cert=
ain settings and so I suspect this could be another one.<br>
<br>
I have also noticed that the lines of your post is very long for my likings=
..=C2=A0 I have to scroll horizontally to read your entire message and this =
too needs to be corrected.<br>
<br>
You also need to distinguish correctly between GMA@IL and Thunderbird. GMAI=
L is a service provider while Thunderbird is an EMAIL client.=C2=A0 So when=
 you say you are trying to import all your contacts in GMAIL, do you mean t=
o say you are importing in Thunderbird?<br>
<br>
We might have the solutions for you but you need to start with checking the=
 IMAP settings and post back here.<br>
<br>
Good luck.<div class=3D"HOEnZb"><div class=3D"h5"><br>
<br>
<br>
_______________________________________________<br>
support-thunderbird mailing list<br>
<a href=3D"mailto:support-thunderbird@lists.mozilla.org" target=3D"_blank">=
support-thunderbird@lists.mozilla.org</a><br>
<a href=3D"https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/support-thunderbird" rel=3D"n=
oreferrer" target=3D"_blank">https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/support-thu=
nderbird</a><br>
To unsubscribe, send an email to <a href=3D"http://support-thunderbird-requ=
est@lists.mozilla.org?subject=3Dunsubscribe" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_=
blank">support-thunderbird-request@lists.mozilla.org?subject=3Dunsubscribe<=
/a><br>
</div></div></blockquote></div><br></div>

--089e013cbd32b8d21b0520fca9d9--
0
Evan
9/30/2015 8:20:34 PM
Linux User wrote:
> I have also noticed that the lines of your post is very long for my
> likings.  I have to scroll horizontally to read your entire message and
> this too needs to be corrected.

Brenda is posting via googlegroups G2 which does its variety of 
quoted-printable.  On my system, viewing her message, her lines wrap at 
the window; when I size the window smaller, the lines are shorter; they 
don't go past the window requiring scrolling.  Not that I 'agree with' 
GG choosing its style of format, but if one is going to use GG, they 
can't control how it formats.

Also, your Tb does format=flowed, so those of us who prefer to 'flow' 
f=f display, your lines also wrap at the window.

However, if I would reply to Brenda, her lines would NOT autowrap 
properly unless I use my rewrap function on them, whereas yours will.

-- 
Mike Easter
0
Mike
9/30/2015 8:29:19 PM
Evan Platt wrote:
> I'm assuming by Gmail she means the gmail web client..

Brenda said:

> The message could not be sent because the connection to Outgoing
> server (SMTP) smtp.google.com was lost in the middle of the
> transaction. Try again.


-- 
Mike Easter
0
Mike
9/30/2015 9:19:45 PM
--001a113fe5fa5ebb900520fd8a6e
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8

Well yeah. 20 years of working IT, I learn to read between the lines. We'll
wait for her confirmation, but my guess is she's using thunderbird to
connect to her gmail. She's having so many issues with thunderbird, she
wants to switch to gmail (web client), to import her thunderbird contacts
to gmail (web client) however gmail (web client) won't allow her to import
her thunderbird contacts...

On Wed, Sep 30, 2015 at 2:19 PM, Mike Easter <MikeE@ster.invalid> wrote:

> Evan Platt wrote:
>
>> I'm assuming by Gmail she means the gmail web client..
>>
>
> Brenda said:
>
> The message could not be sent because the connection to Outgoing
>> server (SMTP) smtp.google.com was lost in the middle of the
>> transaction. Try again.
>>
>
>
> --
> Mike Easter
>
> _______________________________________________
> support-thunderbird mailing list
> support-thunderbird@lists.mozilla.org
> https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/support-thunderbird
> To unsubscribe, send an email to
> support-thunderbird-request@lists.mozilla.org?subject=unsubscribe
>

--001a113fe5fa5ebb900520fd8a6e
Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr">Well yeah. 20 years of working IT, I learn to read between=
 the lines. We&#39;ll wait for her confirmation, but my guess is she&#39;s =
using thunderbird to connect to her gmail. She&#39;s having so many issues =
with thunderbird, she wants to switch to gmail (web client), to import her =
thunderbird contacts to gmail (web client) however gmail (web client) won&#=
39;t allow her to import her thunderbird contacts...</div><div class=3D"gma=
il_extra"><br><div class=3D"gmail_quote">On Wed, Sep 30, 2015 at 2:19 PM, M=
ike Easter <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:MikeE@ster.invalid" targ=
et=3D"_blank">MikeE@ster.invalid</a>&gt;</span> wrote:<br><blockquote class=
=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padd=
ing-left:1ex"><span class=3D"im HOEnZb">Evan Platt wrote:<br>
<blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1p=
x #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">
I&#39;m assuming by Gmail she means the gmail web client..<br>
</blockquote>
<br></span><span class=3D"im HOEnZb">
Brenda said:<br>
<br>
<blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1p=
x #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">
The message could not be sent because the connection to Outgoing<br>
server (SMTP) <a href=3D"http://smtp.google.com" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=
=3D"_blank">smtp.google.com</a> was lost in the middle of the<br>
transaction. Try again.<br>
</blockquote>
<br>
<br></span><span class=3D"HOEnZb"><font color=3D"#888888">
-- <br>
Mike Easter</font></span><div class=3D"HOEnZb"><div class=3D"h5"><br>
_______________________________________________<br>
support-thunderbird mailing list<br>
<a href=3D"mailto:support-thunderbird@lists.mozilla.org" target=3D"_blank">=
support-thunderbird@lists.mozilla.org</a><br>
<a href=3D"https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/support-thunderbird" rel=3D"n=
oreferrer" target=3D"_blank">https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/support-thu=
nderbird</a><br>
To unsubscribe, send an email to <a href=3D"http://support-thunderbird-requ=
est@lists.mozilla.org?subject=3Dunsubscribe" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_=
blank">support-thunderbird-request@lists.mozilla.org?subject=3Dunsubscribe<=
/a><br>
</div></div></blockquote></div><br></div>

--001a113fe5fa5ebb900520fd8a6e--
0
Evan
9/30/2015 9:23:23 PM
Evan Platt wrote:
> Well yeah. 20 years of working IT, I learn to read between the lines.
> We'll wait for her confirmation, but my guess is she's using
> thunderbird to connect to her gmail.

Correct.

> She's having so many issues with thunderbird, she wants to switch to
> gmail (web client), to import her thunderbird contacts to gmail (web
> client)

Correct.

> however gmail (web client) won't allow her to import her thunderbird
> contacts...

Correct; altho' we don't have much information on that problem yet.

Tb will export as .csv and Gmail will import as .csv, but naturally they 
have very different field arrangements and elements.

If I were going to do it, I would do a lot of hand-tweaking with a 
spreadsheet by comparing gmail's .csv with Tb's so that I could match 
them up.

I would create a couple of short (say 3) contacts lists in each to mess 
around with importing each into the spreadsheet.

Gmail describes how to create a custom .csv file, so I would do a 
'hybrid' of exporting a .csv, then converting it into a custom .csv, 
then importing it.

https://support.google.com/mail/answer/12119?vid=1-635792456081307764-1231080617 
  Create or edit CSV files

https://support.google.com/mail/answer/14024?hl=en  Import contacts as a 
CSV file

https://support.google.com/mail/answer/12118?vid=1-635792456081307764-1231080617 
  If you have trouble uploading a file in to Gmail, you may need to open 
the file in Excel, alter the columns and/or headers, and then save the 
file as .csv.

(Where alter the columns/headers refers to create/edit .csv)

-- 
Mike Easter
0
Mike
9/30/2015 9:37:29 PM
Mike Easter wrote:
> Evan Platt wrote:
>> Well yeah. 20 years of working IT, I learn to read between the lines.
>> We'll wait for her confirmation, but my guess is she's using
>> thunderbird to connect to her gmail.
>
> Correct.
>
>> She's having so many issues with thunderbird, she wants to switch to
>> gmail (web client), to import her thunderbird contacts to gmail (web
>> client)
>
> Correct.
>
>> however gmail (web client) won't allow her to import her thunderbird
>> contacts...
>
> Correct; altho' we don't have much information on that problem yet.
>
> Tb will export as .csv and Gmail will import as .csv, but naturally they
> have very different field arrangements and elements.
>
> If I were going to do it, I would do a lot of hand-tweaking with a
> spreadsheet by comparing gmail's .csv with Tb's so that I could match
> them up.
>
> I would create a couple of short (say 3) contacts lists in each to mess
> around with importing each into the spreadsheet.
>
> Gmail describes how to create a custom .csv file, so I would do a
> 'hybrid' of exporting a .csv, then converting it into a custom .csv,
> then importing it.
>
> https://support.google.com/mail/answer/12119?vid=1-635792456081307764-1231080617
>   Create or edit CSV files
>
> https://support.google.com/mail/answer/14024?hl=en  Import contacts as a
> CSV file
>
> https://support.google.com/mail/answer/12118?vid=1-635792456081307764-1231080617
>   If you have trouble uploading a file in to Gmail, you may need to open
> the file in Excel, alter the columns and/or headers, and then save the
> file as .csv.
>
> (Where alter the columns/headers refers to create/edit .csv)
>
gcontactsync is an addon that keeps gmail and thunderbird contacts in sync.
0
Millwood
9/30/2015 10:12:51 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

'do' won't 'do' if '/'
Greetings to All from Au, Have a NetWare Perl 5.8.4 and wanted to tweak File\Spec\NW.pm to try and standardise on '/' separators. If I run a test script (t/uni/lower.t) with an unmodified NW.pm, it calls t/uni/case.pl, that, in case.pl, (when the path separators are '\'), the $file is '..\lib\unicore\To\Lower.pl' and the following code portion works, with $simple getting a returned table: sub casetest { my ($base, $spec, $func) = @_; my $file = File::Spec->catfile(File::Spec->catdir(File::Spec->updir, "lib", &qu...

Thunderbird 2.0.0.6 "Search Messages" won't accept input
Name: John Email: LoveLearnatcableonedotnet Product: Thunderbird Summary: Thunderbird 2.0.0.6 "Search Messages" won't accept input - won't work Comments: I've been using Mozilla Mail for more than a decade, dating to early Netscape versions, using the "Search Messages" function regularly. Now, having installed Thunderbird 2.0.0.6, that functionality is suddenly lost. It doesn't display a box into which search strings may be entered, and doesn't appear to offer choice of searching message bodies. This is a huge loss to me. Will reinst...

Won't run, won't quit...
Firefox won't open a page, it also won't completely quite. Task manager says that it's still running, and cannot close it. I left for about four weeks, and when I come back; this! I cannot end whatever part of firefox.exe is still running. IE works fine, but firefox will not find any page whatsoever. HELP? Yep. Even tried installing the latest version. Wouldn't work; it said the firefoxe.exe was still running, and I still could not close it. Matter of fact, it's "running" right now. I'm at a total loss here. There is no "uninstall"...

won't close, then won't re-open
Name: Murray Product: Firefox Summary: won't close, then won't re-open Comments: For several weeks MF wouldn't completely close and was constantly running in the background, but then wouldn't reopen. I went online looking for a solution, but you don't have one. So. Bye bye. I'm done with you. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US) AppleWebKit/532.5 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/4.1.249.1064 Safari/532.5 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but ...

Thunderbird won't store passwords, won't quit checking every 10 minutes.
This has happened before with the Mozilla Suite, and I hoped Thunderbird would solve the problem. I have unchecked the box (Tools/Account Settings/) to check mail and have even tried setting it to 120 minutes. It still keeps asking for a password every 10 minutes or so. There are no passwords stored for any POP accounts, only SMTP. -- Sharpening Made Easy: A Primer on Sharpening Knives and Other Edged Tools by Steve Bottorff www.sharpeningmadeeasy.com Remove REMOVE from address when replying Steve B. wrote: > This has happened before with the Mozilla Suite, and I hoped...

2007 version of firefox won't start! & version 2006 of thunderbird won't start
Name: Robert Calhoon Email: rjcalhoonatcomcastdotnet Product: Firefox Summary: 2007 version of firefox won't start! & version 2006 of thunderbird won't start Comments: sip these two go back to earlier version wait till starting gets fixed broke on office machine and home 4 pc's broke too. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.4) Gecko/20070515 Firefox/2.0.0.4 ...

Module won't die! Page won't die!
Hi, I've got a module on my page...it's all blanked out...(remnant of the site before it deleted my desktop modules directory and I had to reinstall the modules) that is returning an error. So I tried to delete this module but it won't delete. So I then deleted the page and that worked...except I can't delete the page out of the recycle bin. Any help? Quick Tip, Go straight to the database. Note the tab name, module name and any extra information related to the modules content. 1. If content is stored in table (e.g. HtmlText) go to the modules Table search for deleted modules (IsD...

Extension Uninstaller won't work and won't uninstall itself
I have a complicated profile that I don't want to have to recreate. I'm using SM 1.0.5, and I want to uninstall all of the extensions that I've installed that don't come from Mozilla. These are my current extensions: Chatzilla 0.9.67+ Extension Manager 2.0 Extension Uninstaller API 2.0 FlashGot 0.5.9.995 NoScript 1.1.4.1 reporter.mozilla.org Roaming I want to uninstall Flashgot, Noscript, the Extension Manager and the Extension Uninstaller API; however, the Extension Manager doesn't work; it won't uninstall either Flashgot nor Noscript, and I don&...

Bookmarks won't save, history won't record.
Name: Peter Styles Email: dagrimdialer619athotmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Bookmarks won't save, history won't record. Comments: I'm on Windows Vista SP1, and using a custom built computer. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.1b1) Gecko/20081007 Firefox/3.1b1 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

Firefox won't load, won't open web pages
I've had no trouble with FireFox until recently. Now here is what's happening: Firefox won't load, and won't open web pages. Faulting application firefox.exe, version 1.8.20060.50817, faulting module msctf.dll, version 5.1.2600.2180, fault address 0x000197db. For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp. There is, of course, no help available from Microsoft. _Linda Amar_ spoke thusly on 02/06/2006 8:17 PM: > I've had no trouble with FireFox until recently. Now here is what's > happening: Fire...

Why I can't or won't use T-bird
Name: John Colman Email: cdbookieatsbcglobaldotnet Product: Thunderbird Summary: Why I can't or won't use T-bird Comments: It is late at night, I'm frustrated. I've spent hours over the past three days trying to get Thunderbird to run. As you can see I have a Yahoo account using Outlook (mine is getting buggy) for e-mail. I'm a confirmed Firefox user, so T-bird seemed the next step. I've use YPOP and webmail. Can't seem to get through the username/password screen. I've searched your faq's, read the tutorial. I'm really not a stupid p...

portal.nlm won't load, so remote manager won't work...
Can't get any joy out of RM. This is on a 6.5 server with SP2 installed (though it says 5.7 SP1 at the end of boot...). Non-default stuff applied is MySQL and Veritas Backup Exec. Looking at the diocs it says portal.nlm must be loaded, but this isn't loading, saying it's UNRESOLVED I reordered the autoexec.ncf as per TID 10082078 Same thing happens on http-8008 or https-8009. Apache is working okay, I can get the basic server web welcome page. Any clues as to how I can get portal.nlm to load? Thanks, Pete. -- Peter Clinch Medical Physic...

Gmail won't load, Reader won't open new tabs
I'm running FF 2.0 on an Intel Mac (10.4.8) with all security and java updates installed. I cannot load into GMail - when I try, the statusbar shows all the data has been transfered and reads done, while the window reads the proper "Gmail - Inbox (x)." I run several Google-related add-ons, including CustomizeGoogle, the Google Toolbar, and GMail skins. I also run NoScript and AdBlock Plus. Google is allowed in the former, and whitelisted in the latter. When I forbid google from running scripts, I can access basic view. This problem *does not happen* in Safari or Shiira - ...

Real problem
I have a NW5.1 Server with SP8 installed. No fancy stuff, not Zen, etc. While trying to install another SCSI Card to system, overwrote a drive file. To make a long story short, I ended up trying to do an upgrade install and replacing all newer files in hopes that I could then reinstall SP8 and be back where I wanted. No such luck. Server boots and recognizes volumes, but NDS won;t load so I can't login from a workstation or through my backup software (to make a backup and restore to my backup server). What's the best way for me to proceed? Here until the problem i...

Web resources about - Won't send, won't receive, won't do anything but send me rejection messages! - mozilla.support.thunderbird

Resources last updated: 1/6/2016 11:04:53 AM