Thunderbird still getting mail automatically when not set to, but isn't when set to.

I have 3 accounts (all 3 are IMAP) and I have them set up the following way.

-Acct(1) Checks for mail every 10 minutes
-Acct(2) Checks for mail every 10 minutes
-Acct(3) Does Not Check for mail

However, this morning I awoke and checked thunderbird and had the follwoing

-Acct(1) Checked for mail and had new messages ready for me.
-Acct(2) Did NOT check for mail and showed no messages, but when I
manually checked, there were new messages downloaded.
-Acct(3) Checked for mail and had new messages ready for me.

Anyone know what's up with this?

--
SeaMonkey 1.1.2
Multizilla 1.8.3.2i

(Windows XP)
0
Trel
6/22/2007 6:43:08 PM
mozilla.support.thunderbird 22506 articles. 5 followers. Post Follow

Can't enforce Thunderbird setting defaults (/etc/thunderbird/syspref.js)

Can't set-up Thunderbird to receive E-mails
Name: Kristina Email: kstbdt96atsuddnlinkdotnet Product: Thunderbird Summary: Can't set-up Thunderbird to receive E-mails Comments: I have suddenlink for my e-mails but If I want to do a work from home they you set a differ. account. I have tryed to set-up an account sing my Thunderbird but it won't work. Please tell me what I need to do? The pop3 and smtp is not working? Browser Details: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727) From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation o...

deleted thunderbird while setting it up and now can't get it
Name: Product: Thunderbird Summary: deleted thunderbird while setting it up and now can't get it Comments: my son was helping me to set up Thunderbird over the phone and i put in outlook express as my email server, but it is Microsoft outlook. I deleted it to start over and now I can't get it back to correct my mistake. I don't know what to do now. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2) Gecko/20100115 Firefox/3.6 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a res...

Can't export and import accounts settings and mail from one instance of Thunderbird to another
Name: Tony Pirog Email: tonypirogathotmaildotcom Product: Thunderbird Summary: Can't export and import accounts settings and mail from one instance of Thunderbird to another Comments: I have Thunderbird on a Windows machine and on a linux Ubuntu 9.04 machine. I manually entered all my settings in each. I've just built a new Ubuntu computer and want to import my Account and Mail settings from one computer to another and I can't. Windows Outllook Express has the ..iaf extension yet Thunderbird does not have an equivalent? It seems like a HUGE oversight. People all ...

Can't get mail in Thunderbird
Name: Gary Sample Email: ghsamatsbcglobaldotnet Product: Thunderbird Summary: Can't get mail in Thunderbird Comments: Can't open my mail. No matter which mail I click on, this email comes up: Subject: Blood Sugar Control From: Important Diabetic Information r-23-67456367-445@onpresidio.com Date: 2/7/05 2:45 PM And it isn't even listed among my inbos eamils. Also, when I click on the 'Get Mail' icon I get thsi Alert: ALERT: Unable to write the email to the mailbox. Make sure the file system allows you to write the privileges, and you h...

Migrating settings from Thunderbird to Thunderbird
I have a new computer and I would like to move my account settings from Thunderbird on the old computer to Thunderbird on the new computer. Is there anyway to do this? The email is stored on the IMAP server, so doesn't have to be moved. But I have my account set up just how I like it, and I don't want to have to transfer all of those settings all over again. Thanks for your assistance! On 07/30/05 14:54, Evan wrote: > I have a new computer and I would like to move my account settings from > Thunderbird on the old computer to Thunderbird on the new computer. Is &g...

Thunderbird don't find my setting anymore
A couple of days ago I opened Thunderbird and thunderbird didn't find my setting anymore. I receive a kind of popup from the accountwizard. When I look at C:\Documents and Settings\Ward\Application Data there is a folder with the name Thunderbird (281 MB) with in there a map profiles,... I don't know what's wrong, can anybody help me? ...

Can I use JS to set a default button inside a gridView's EditItem Template (need panel.defaultbutton = linkbutton but that isn't support in ASP so want to use JS)
I have a gridView, in the Edit Item Template I want to set the default button to be the linkbutton for "Update". I can't say Panel.DefaultButton = LinkButton because that isn't supported:   The DefaultButton of 'panel1' must be the ID of a control of type IButtonControl.  Now I have my Panel inside the EditItem template, and want my Update linkbutton to be the default button for the edit item template.   Can I do this with JavaScript? Right now I'm using the gridView's rowdatabound event to make the assignment.   Could I use the...

Display keeps turning off. Don't know how to change setting. Can't find it in System Settings.
Hey, Folks: Why is it such a difficult task to change a setting in System Settings in KDE that will leave the display on all the time? Can someone give me some pointers, please? Thank you, theAdmiral -- theAdmiral ------------------------------------------------------------------------ system settings > display and monitor > screen saver uncheck start auto also in power management I set like this http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10573557/SUSE%20Misc/powersettings.jpeg -- Box: 12.1 | KDE 4.8.0 | AMD 64 X2 5200+ | nVidia 8500GT | 4GB RAM Lap #1: 12.1 TWEED...

I don't know how to set up thunderbird with my hotmail account...
Name: tomas lui Email: tdotluiatmh-idotcom Product: Thunderbird Summary: I don't know how to set up thunderbird with my hotmail account... Comments: How do I set up thunderbird to be able to access my hotmai account? I don't know what the server ID is or how to find out and would like to set thunderbird up to access my strong58taco@hotmail.com account. Please advise me on the step by step process how to set this up. Thank you. Browser Details: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506) ...

Thunderbird doesn't actually use my proxy settings
I've got Thunderbird 0.9 installed and Squid running as a Proxy. Firefox works, AIM works (gaim does _not_ deal with my 'auth' request, but that's another matter) and I can telnet to my Proxy on port 3128 (which Thunderbird is set to use for http and SSL) and open a CONNECT request to my outside mailserver. For some reason, though, Thunderbird doesn't regard my proxy settings as important. I know that dns is working, so it's not that. I'm at a loss. Because I can telnet to the proxy and then open a connect, I KNOW I am able to get out, besides the fact...

Thunderbird 12.01 won't use some of my settings...
All: Thunderbird 12.01 won't work with some of my settings. For example, it won't automatically go to my Inbox and get my latest email. Any suggestions or is it Thunderbird 12.01? Keith Lee On 5/6/2012 9:13 AM, Keith Lee wrote: > All: > Thunderbird 12.01 won't work with some of my settings. For example, > it won't automatically go to my Inbox and get my latest email. Any > suggestions or is it Thunderbird 12.01? Often it is suggested to 'toggle the feature'. Start TB. Go to the setting and un-select it. Close TB. Start TB. Go to th...

Can't understand such a complex set of instrutions for Thunderbird
Name: Cliff Brodie Email: cqbrodieatcomcastdotnet Product: Thunderbird Summary: Can't understand such a complex set of instrutions for Thunderbird Comments: I was surprised to learn of the demise of netscape which I have used since v1.1 I have downloaded both Firefox 3 and Thunderbird 2. The instructions for transferring netscape emails to Thunderbird are so complex and intermingled with stuff for Mac and Linux that I am extremely reluctant to try anything. What I did wind up with was an automatic transfer of stuff that I thought had been deleted and the Thunderbir...

Web resources about - Thunderbird still getting mail automatically when not set to, but isn't when set to. - mozilla.support.thunderbird

Facebook Users Automatically Checked In To Events They RSVPed Yes To
A reader tipped us off that Facebook is automatically checking in users at events that they RSVPed they would attend. continued… New Career ...

Now Users Can Remove Contacts Automatically Saved by Facebook’s Friend Finder
Two weeks ago, many Facebook users began asking questions about curiously good recommendations suddenly appearing in Facebook’s “People You May ...

App Store - Attachments.me- Gmail inbox software to efficiently manage emails, automatically send/upload ...
Get Attachments.me- Gmail inbox software to efficiently manage emails, automatically send/upload files to cloud storage(Dropbox, Box, and G Drive), ...

Automatically organize your desktop icons into shaded areas called Fences! - YouTube
Fences® is the most popular desktop organization tool used by millions of users worldwide. Create shaded areas called "fences" to automatically ...

CSAIL fixes software bugs automatically, in any language, by copying from safer applications
A new system can repair bugs in software using smart processing that imports functionality from other programs, all without access to source ...

Emailing porn at work not automatically sackable, court finds
Australia's federal court has upheld a ruling that emailing pornography in the workplace is not automatically a sackable offence.

Shazam iPhone app now listens for music, TV shows automatically
Shazam has updated its iPhone app to tag songs, TV shows and more on its own, no longer requiring users to open the app and tap a button.

App of the day: Human for iPhone automatically tracks your movements
Human for the iPhone is an activity tracker that automatically distinguishes between different types of movement.

iPhone 5 automatically rotates using Cycloramic App. - YouTube
[NEW VIDEO] Cycloramic 2.0 update teaser vid with panoramic photo preview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjHUID07xs4 Cycloramic has been Awarded ...