How to set Thunderbird to start or to not start when Windows starts?

New to this forum, and got only a week's worth of topics.

I have recently migrated Thunderbird from XP to Vista, but I still use
the XP workstation and want to keep Thunderbird on it, but I don't want
it to start each time at boot up.

Can someone tell me how to prevent Thunderbird from starting when
Windows starts in WinXP ?  I have looked in the registry, in the
profiles.ini and in the Thunderbird help section.

Also, how to set it up to start when Vista starts?

Thanks.
-1
Dave
6/3/2008 4:15:23 AM
mozilla.support.thunderbird 22506 articles. 5 followers. Post Follow

--------------070709080209030101050405

Dave Olson wrote:
> New to this forum, and got only a week's worth of topics.
>
> I have recently migrated Thunderbird from XP to Vista, but I still use
> the XP workstation and want to keep Thunderbird on it, but I don't
> want it to start each time at boot up.
>
> Can someone tell me how to prevent Thunderbird from starting when
> Windows starts in WinXP ?  I have looked in the registry, in the
> profiles.ini and in the Thunderbird help section.
>
> Also, how to set it up to start when Vista starts?
This has nothing to to with Thunderbird. It has to do with how
applications are started at start up in XP and Vista. There are several
places. One such place you didn't mention was the actual start up group
(i.e. Start: All Programs: Startup).

You said you checked the registry. Where exactly did you look? Key please?

Don't know why you checked profiles.ini nor what that has to do with
starting an application at Windows startup.
--
Andrew DeFaria <http://defaria.com>
Why is it called "after dark" when it really is "after light"?

--------------070709080209030101050405

<head>
body {
  font:			Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;
}
p {
  font:			Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;
}
..standout {
  font-family:		verdana,
			arial,
			sans-serif;
  font-size:		12px;
  color:		#993333;
  line-height:		13px;
  font-weight:		bold;
  margin-bottom:	10px;
}
..code {
  border-top:		1px solid #ddd;
  border-left:		1px solid #ddd;
  border-right:		2px solid #000;
  border-bottom:	2px solid #000;
  padding:		10px;
  margin-top:		5px;
  margin-left:		5%;
  margin-right:		5%;
  background:		#ffffea;
  color:		black;
  -moz-border-radius:	10px;
}
..terminal {
  border-top:		10px solid #03f;
  border-left:		1px solid #ddd;
  border-right:		2px solid grey;
  border-bottom:	2px solid grey;
  padding:		10px;
  margin-top:		5px;
  margin-left:		5%;
  margin-right:		5%;
  background:		black;
  color:		white;
  -moz-border-radius:	10px;
}
#code {
  color:		black;
  font-size:		14px;
  font-family:		courier;
  padding-left:		5px;
}
#line-number {
  color:		#804000;
  font-family:		Arial;
  font-size:		14px;
  padding-right:	5px;
  border-right:		1px dotted #804000;
}
blockquote[type=cite] {
  padding:	0em .5em .5em .5em	!important;
  border-right:	2px  solid blue		!important;
  border-left:	2px solid blue		!important;
}
blockquote[type=cite]
blockquote[type=cite] {
  border-right:	2px solid maroon	!important;
  border-left:	2px solid maroon	!important;
}
blockquote[type=cite]
blockquote[type=cite]
blockquote[type=cite] {
  border-right:	2px solid teal		!important;
  border-left:	2px solid teal		!important;
}
blockquote[type=cite]
blockquote[type=cite]
blockquote[type=cite]
blockquote[type=cite] {
  border-right:	2px solid purple	!important;
  border-left:	2px solid purple	!important;
}
blockquote[type=cite]
blockquote[type=cite]
blockquote[type=cite]
blockquote[type=cite]
blockquote[type=cite] {
  border-right:	2px solid green		!important;
  border-left:	2px solid green		!important;
}
</head>
Dave Olson wrote:
 id="mid_mailman_595_1212466581_29932_support-thunderbird_lists_mozilla_org"
 cite="mid:mailman.595.1212466581.29932.support-thunderbird@lists.mozilla.org"
 type="cite">New to this forum, and got only a week's worth of topics.
I have recently migrated Thunderbird from XP to Vista, but I still use
the XP workstation and want to keep Thunderbird on it, but I don't want
it to start each time at boot up.
Can someone tell me how to prevent Thunderbird from starting when
Windows starts in WinXP ?&nbsp; I have looked in the registry, in the
profiles.ini and in the Thunderbird help section.
Also, how to set it up to start when Vista starts?
This has nothing to to with Thunderbird. It has to do with how
applications are started at start up in XP and Vista. There are several
places. One such place you didn't mention was the actual start up group
(i.e. Start: All Programs: Startup).<br>
You said you checked the registry. Where exactly did you look? Key
please?<br>
Don't know why you checked profiles.ini nor what that has to do with
starting an application at Windows startup.<br>
<small><font color="#999999">Why is it called "after dark" when it
really is "after light"?</font></small>

--------------070709080209030101050405--
-2
Andrew
6/3/2008 4:53:13 AM
Dave Olson wrote:
> New to this forum, and got only a week's worth of topics.
>
> I have recently migrated Thunderbird from XP to Vista, but I still use
> the XP workstation and want to keep Thunderbird on it, but I don't want
> it to start each time at boot up.
>
> Can someone tell me how to prevent Thunderbird from starting when
> Windows starts in WinXP ?  I have looked in the registry, in the
> profiles.ini and in the Thunderbird help section.
>
> Also, how to set it up to start when Vista starts?
>
> Thanks.
Look under Start -> All Programs. That's where the startup programs for
an individual user are typically put. (Maybe even by you.)

-- Jeff Barnett
2
Jeff
6/3/2008 6:13:04 AM
The date and time was 6/2/2008 9:15 PM, and on a whim, Dave Olson
pounded out on the keyboard:

> New to this forum, and got only a week's worth of topics.
>
> I have recently migrated Thunderbird from XP to Vista, but I still use
> the XP workstation and want to keep Thunderbird on it, but I don't want
> it to start each time at boot up.
>
> Can someone tell me how to prevent Thunderbird from starting when
> Windows starts in WinXP ?  I have looked in the registry, in the
> profiles.ini and in the Thunderbird help section.
>
> Also, how to set it up to start when Vista starts?
>
> Thanks.

Hi Dave,

As others stated, the Startup "folder" is most likely where the shortcut
to TB was placed, so it would launch when Windows was started.  You can
navigate to the folder by clicking Start, All Programs, Startup.  Then
let the folder display it's contents.  Move the cursor to the TB
shortcut and let the cursor focus on it (it will change color), then
right-click on it and select Delete.

Once you install TB in Vista, you can either drag the Desktop icon to
the same Startup folder (use right-click and drag as it will always
prompt you on whether to Move or Copy), or right click on the Startup
folder and select Explore.  Then you can drag a Desktop icon onto the
Explorer window.  You may have to set UAC to allow it to launch.

--
Terry R.
Terry

1) Start, Run.
 type MSCONFIG /ALL in the run box

2) In the dialog box that opens, click on Startup

3) Look for Thunderbird in the list.  Remove the check mark from the box

4) Click OK

In order for these changes to take effect, you need to restart your
system.  Do it now and when you get a box saying that your system has
changed, put check mark in the box so that it does not  keep notifying
you again.

hth

Dave Olson wrote:

> New to this forum, and got only a week's worth of topics.
>
> I have recently migrated Thunderbird from XP to Vista, but I still use
> the XP workstation and want to keep Thunderbird on it, but I don't
> want it to start each time at boot up.
>
> Can someone tell me how to prevent Thunderbird from starting when
> Windows starts in WinXP ?  I have looked in the registry, in the
> profiles.ini and in the Thunderbird help section.
>
> Also, how to set it up to start when Vista starts?
>
> Thanks.
0
ANONYMOUS
6/3/2008 3:39:40 PM
The date and time was 6/3/2008 8:39 AM, and on a whim, ANONYMOUS pounded
out on the keyboard:

> If you want to stop anything from startup programs Group then I suggest
> the following:
>
> 1) Start, Run.
>  type MSCONFIG /ALL in the run box
>
> 2) In the dialog box that opens, click on Startup
>
> 3) Look for Thunderbird in the list.  Remove the check mark from the box
>
> 4) Click OK
>
> In order for these changes to take effect, you need to restart your
> system.  Do it now and when you get a box saying that your system has
> changed, put check mark in the box so that it does not  keep notifying
> you again.
>
> hth
>

> Dave Olson wrote:
>
>> New to this forum, and got only a week's worth of topics.
>>
>> I have recently migrated Thunderbird from XP to Vista, but I still use
>> the XP workstation and want to keep Thunderbird on it, but I don't
>> want it to start each time at boot up.
>>
>> Can someone tell me how to prevent Thunderbird from starting when
>> Windows starts in WinXP ?  I have looked in the registry, in the
>> profiles.ini and in the Thunderbird help section.
>>
>> Also, how to set it up to start when Vista starts?
>>
>> Thanks.

MSCONFIG is for diagnostic use, not a permanent solution.  Better to use
Autoruns.  It allows deletion of the entries, as well as disabling for
testing.
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb963902.aspx

--
Terry R.
Terry

"Terry R." wrote:

> MSCONFIG is for diagnostic use, not a permanent solution.  Better to use
> Autoruns.  It allows deletion of the entries, as well as disabling for
> testing.
> http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb963902.aspx

MsConfig a configuration tool [MS configuration] .  I never said the
configurations will be permanent but I implied that the changes will remain
permanent until changed not otherwise!.

The OP wants to keep Thunderbird on the system and so removing from StartUp is
the best option.

Hope this helps.

0
ANONYMOUS
6/3/2008 4:39:53 PM
The date and time was 6/3/2008 9:39 AM, and on a whim, ANONYMOUS pounded
out on the keyboard:

> "Terry R." wrote:
>
>> MSCONFIG is for diagnostic use, not a permanent solution.  Better to use
>> Autoruns.  It allows deletion of the entries, as well as disabling for
>> testing.
>> http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb963902.aspx
>>

> MsConfig a configuration tool [MS configuration] .  I never said the
> configurations will be permanent but I implied that the changes will remain
> permanent until changed not otherwise!.
>
> The OP wants to keep Thunderbird on the system and so removing from StartUp is
> the best option.
>
> Hope this helps.

I'm fully aware of what MSCONFIG is.  And it's called the System
Configuration Tool.  It shouldn't be used in the instance the OP wanted.
  Unchecking it from the Startup Folder only moves it to a registry
location instead.  The OP wants to remove it from launching on Startup
permanently, not as a temporary fix.  So he needs to delete the shortcut
from the Startup Folder, something that is easier accomplished by just
navigating to the folder in All Programs, right clicking and selecting
Delete. No nag dialog from MSCONFIG on restart, no forgetting it was
removed as a diagnostic measure.  Just gone.

follow up set to mozilla.general

--
Terry R.
Terry

ANONYMOUS wrote:
> If you want to stop anything from startup programs Group then I
> suggest the following:
>
> 1) Start, Run.
> type MSCONFIG /ALL in the run box
>
> 2) In the dialog box that opens, click on Startup
>
> 3) Look for Thunderbird in the list.  Remove the check mark from the box
>
> 4) Click OK
>
> In order for these changes to take effect, you need to restart your
> system.  Do it now and when you get a box saying that your system has
> changed, put check mark in the box so that it does not  keep notifying
> you again.
You don't need to restart your system! Think about it. If the only thing
you are really changing is to say "don't start TB automatically when I
boot" then just be OK with the fact that next time it won't start up
automatically. Do you really need to reboot to what? Prove it to yourself?
--
Andrew DeFaria <http://defaria.com>
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

ANONYMOUS wrote:
 cite="mid:GcSdneiVyt8j-NjVnZ2dnUVZ_rTinZ2d@mozilla.org" type="cite">If
you want to stop anything from startup programs Group then I suggest
the following:
1) Start, Run.
type MSCONFIG /ALL in the run box
2) In the dialog box that opens, click on Startup
3) Look for Thunderbird in the list.&nbsp; Remove the check mark from the
box
4) Click OK
In order for these changes to take effect, you need to restart your
system.&nbsp; Do it now and when you get a box saying that your system has
changed, put check mark in the box so that it does not&nbsp; keep notifying
you again.
You don't need to restart your system! Think about it. If the only
thing you are really changing is to say "don't start TB automatically
when I boot" then just be OK with the fact that next time it won't
start up automatically. Do you really need to reboot to what? Prove it
to yourself?<br>
<small><font color="#999999">Have you ever imagined a world with no
hypothetical situations?</font></small>

--------------090904000904060408050908--
0
Andrew
6/4/2008 5:01:13 AM
The date and time was 6/3/2008 10:01 PM, and on a whim, Andrew DeFaria
pounded out on the keyboard:

> ANONYMOUS wrote:
>> If you want to stop anything from startup programs Group then I
>> suggest the following:
>>
>> 1) Start, Run.
>> type MSCONFIG /ALL in the run box
>>
>> 2) In the dialog box that opens, click on Startup
>>
>> 3) Look for Thunderbird in the list.  Remove the check mark from the box
>>
>> 4) Click OK
>>
>> In order for these changes to take effect, you need to restart your
>> system.  Do it now and when you get a box saying that your system has
>> changed, put check mark in the box so that it does not  keep notifying
>> you again.
> You don't need to restart your system! Think about it. If the only thing
> you are really changing is to say "don't start TB automatically when I
> boot" then just be OK with the fact that next time it won't start up
> automatically. Do you really need to reboot to what? Prove it to yourself?
> --
> Andrew DeFaria <http://defaria.com>
> Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

He is saying that in order for the change to take effect using MSCONFIG,
a reboot is required.  Using that tool isn't needed just to remove a
shortcut from the Startup Folder, so really a reboot isn't required to
accomplish it.

--
Terry R.
Terry

Terry R. wrote:
> He is saying that in order for the change to take effect using
> MSCONFIG, a reboot is required.  Using that tool isn't needed just to
> remove a shortcut from the Startup Folder, so really a reboot isn't
> required to accomplish it.
I know what he's saying. I'm saying it's not required period. Again,
think for a second. You're booted. TB started at start up. You say damn
I want to stop that. You run msconfig and tell it not to do that next
restart. You're done! Completed. Nothing else to do. Why? Well because
what you're trying to do is to stop it from happening next reboot. You
did that already, whether you used msconfig to do it or you deleted it
from the start up group (or the registry key, whatever). You don't need
to reboot at this time. Whenever you reboot, be it today, or next week,
the change you made with msconfig will be quote/unquote be made
effective, and TB will not start at boot up, won't it? Of course it
will. Rebooting next Friday instead of today will not make your changes
uneffective either!

Look at it this way, what will you gain by rebooting now? Nothing!
Absolutely nothing. You will effectively only prove that the change you
made worked right now. You'll get that exact same outcome if you reboot
tomorrow or next Friday. Therefore rebooting is totally unnecessary!

Stated differently, the "change" has already taken effect because
whenever you next reboot it'll work.

I'm surprised you don't see this.
--
Andrew DeFaria <http://defaria.com>
We win justice quickest by rendering justice to the other party. -

[...]

Terry R. wrote:<br>
 cite="mid:_LOdnXCjDLLpBtvVnZ2dnUVZ_uGdnZ2d@mozilla.org" type="cite">He
is saying that in order for the change to take effect using MSCONFIG, a
reboot is required.&nbsp; Using that tool isn't needed just to remove a
[...]
uneffective either!<br>
Look at it this way, what will you gain by rebooting now? Nothing!
Absolutely nothing. You will effectively only prove that the change you
made worked right now. You'll get that exact same outcome if you reboot
tomorrow or next Friday. Therefore rebooting is totally unnecessary!<br>
Stated differently, the "change" has already taken effect because
whenever you next reboot it'll work.<br>
I'm surprised you don't see this.<br>
<small><font color="#999999">We win justice quickest by rendering
justice to the other party. - Mohandas Gandhi</font></small>

--------------020704050406040704000900--
0
Andrew
6/4/2008 2:43:55 PM
The date and time was 6/4/2008 7:43 AM, and on a whim, Andrew DeFaria
pounded out on the keyboard:

> Terry R. wrote:
>> He is saying that in order for the change to take effect using
>> MSCONFIG, a reboot is required.  Using that tool isn't needed just to
>> remove a shortcut from the Startup Folder, so really a reboot isn't
>> required to accomplish it.
> I know what he's saying. I'm saying it's not required period. Again,
> think for a second. You're booted. TB started at start up. You say damn
> I want to stop that. You run msconfig and tell it not to do that next
> restart. You're done! Completed. Nothing else to do. Why? Well because
> what you're trying to do is to stop it from happening next reboot. You
> did that already, whether you used msconfig to do it or you deleted it
> from the start up group (or the registry key, whatever). You don't need
> to reboot at this time. Whenever you reboot, be it today, or next week,
> the change you made with msconfig will be quote/unquote be made
> effective, and TB will not start at boot up, won't it? Of course it
> will. Rebooting next Friday instead of today will not make your changes
> uneffective either!
>
> Look at it this way, what will you gain by rebooting now? Nothing!
> Absolutely nothing. You will effectively only prove that the change you
> made worked right now. You'll get that exact same outcome if you reboot
> tomorrow or next Friday. Therefore rebooting is totally unnecessary!
>
> Stated differently, the "change" has already taken effect because
> whenever you next reboot it'll work.
>
> I'm surprised you don't see this.

And you missed why he said to reboot.  Because MSCONFIG has the nag
dialog when you restart. He was describing how to get rid of the dialog
to complete the process.  That's why he suggested the reboot. That was
the ONLY reason.  Sure it's not required to reboot as that's obvious.
Everything you said was obvious.  But you missed the point completely.

If I use MSCONFIG, I just open the registry and remove the key that
MSCONFIG places in "Run" so the nag dialog doesn't execute.

I'm not surprised to see you trying to make a useless point.

--
Terry R.
Terry

Terry R. wrote:
> And you missed why he said to reboot.  Because MSCONFIG has the nag
> dialog when you restart. He was describing how to get rid of the
> dialog to complete the process.  That's why he suggested the reboot.
> That was the ONLY reason.
Just handle the nag dialog whenever you reboot. Still not necessary to
do that right away. The whole ignorance about having to reboot Windows
often often comes from needless rebooting - with the key word needless -
as it is here.
> Sure it's not required to reboot as that's obvious. Everything you
> said was obvious.
And that's pretty much what I said now wasn't it. Why couldn't you just
let that be? No you had to comment on it further...
> But you missed the point completely.
Not really.
> If I use MSCONFIG, I just open the registry and remove the key that
> MSCONFIG places in "Run" so the nag dialog doesn't execute.
Yes and me personally I just remove the Startup group element or change
the registry myself. I don't use msconfig.
> I'm not surprised to see you trying to make a useless point.
I'm not surprised you don't see the use in my point but you know what?
I'm tired of this pointless conversation. Talk to yourself. I'm out of
here. Y'all can uselessly and constantly reboot your Windows boxes if
you like I guess...

Geeze!
--
Andrew DeFaria <http://defaria.com>
Save the whales! Trade them for valuable prizes.

[...]

 cite="mid:9uWdnUAdjM1pmNrVnZ2dnUVZ_jmdnZ2d@mozilla.org" type="cite">And
you missed why he said to reboot.&nbsp; Because MSCONFIG has the nag dialog
when you restart. He was describing how to get rid of the dialog to
complete the process.&nbsp; That's why he suggested the reboot. That was the
ONLY reason. <br>
Just handle the nag dialog whenever you reboot. Still not necessary to
do that right away. The whole ignorance about having to reboot Windows
often often comes from needless rebooting - with the key word needless
- as it is here.<br>
 cite="mid:9uWdnUAdjM1pmNrVnZ2dnUVZ_jmdnZ2d@mozilla.org" type="cite">
Sure it's not required to reboot as that's obvious. Everything you said
was obvious.</blockquote>
And that's pretty much what I said now wasn't it. Why couldn't you just
let that be? No you had to comment on it further...<br>
 cite="mid:9uWdnUAdjM1pmNrVnZ2dnUVZ_jmdnZ2d@mozilla.org" type="cite">But
you missed the point completely.
Not really.<br>
 cite="mid:9uWdnUAdjM1pmNrVnZ2dnUVZ_jmdnZ2d@mozilla.org" type="cite">If
I use MSCONFIG, I just open the registry and remove the key that
MSCONFIG places in "Run" so the nag dialog doesn't execute.
Yes and me personally I just remove the Startup group element or change
the registry myself. I don't use msconfig.<br>
 cite="mid:9uWdnUAdjM1pmNrVnZ2dnUVZ_jmdnZ2d@mozilla.org" type="cite">I'm
not surprised to see you trying to make a useless point.
I'm not surprised you don't see the use in my point but you know what?
I'm tired of this pointless conversation. Talk to yourself. I'm out of
here. Y'all can uselessly and constantly reboot your Windows boxes if
you like I guess...<br>
Geeze!<br>
<small><font color="#999999">Save the whales! Trade them for valuable
prizes.</font></small>

--------------070409060207010008040902--
0
Andrew
6/5/2008 5:03:19 AM
On 05.06.2008 00:03, Andrew DeFaria wrote:

> I'm not surprised you don't see the use in my point but you know what?
> I'm tired of this pointless conversation. Talk to yourself. I'm out of
> here. Y'all can uselessly and constantly reboot your Windows boxes if
> you like I guess...

The whole point that is being missed is simple:

Newbies follow directions until they become advanced enough to know that
they have other alternatives, workarounds and don't have to follow the
explicit directions as printed, etc.

--
Jay Garcia Netscape Champion
UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org

> Terry R. wrote:
>> And you missed why he said to reboot.  Because MSCONFIG has the nag
>> dialog when you restart. He was describing how to get rid of the
>> dialog to complete the process.  That's why he suggested the reboot.
>> That was the ONLY reason.
> Just handle the nag dialog whenever you reboot. Still not necessary to
> do that right away. The whole ignorance about having to reboot Windows
> often often comes from needless rebooting - with the key word needless -
> as it is here.

What ignorance?  I recommend shutting down machines at night. Some
don't. So what.  And the instruction you criticized was obviously geared
for a newb so they didn't freak out when they rebooted.  Why did you
offer a "needless" suggestion when it wasn't required?

>> Sure it's not required to reboot as that's obvious. Everything you
>> said was obvious.
> And that's pretty much what I said now wasn't it. Why couldn't you just
> let that be? No you had to comment on it further...

Excuse me, but I believe you had to comment further, but this statement
ends it completely.

>> But you missed the point completely.
> Not really.
>> If I use MSCONFIG, I just open the registry and remove the key that
>> MSCONFIG places in "Run" so the nag dialog doesn't execute.
> Yes and me personally I just remove the Startup group element or change
> the registry myself. I don't use msconfig.

Once again you missed it.  I NEVER use MSCONFIG for Startup folder
items, like I originally stated.  But in the rare occurrence that I do
for services or the like (but I usually use Autoruns), I remove the reg
entry so I don't HAVE to reboot.

>> I'm not surprised to see you trying to make a useless point.
> I'm not surprised you don't see the use in my point but you know what?
> I'm tired of this pointless conversation. Talk to yourself. I'm out of
> here. Y'all can uselessly and constantly reboot your Windows boxes if
> you like I guess...

I'm glad you're tired of it, because the offering was of little value
anyway.

--
Terry R.
Terry

Start up when Windows starts up?
Name: Christopher Bothma Email: chrisjboatgmaildotcom Product: Sunbird Summary: Start up when Windows starts up? Comments: I think that Sunbird is a wonderful application, as I only discovered it a few days ago. However, it would be nice if I could select it to start automatically when Windows starts up, as I can't seem to find it. Reason being is that I have set tasks and reminders, but if I haven't launched Sunbird, it doesn't alert me if I'm busy with other applications. It would be cool to have the option to alert me as soon as windows has started. ...

firefox starts without plugins when started from Thunderbird
Firefox 3.0 CentOS 5.2 (Linux) XFce 4.4.2 Hi All, I have noticed that my Firefox 3 starts without all its plugin (flash, acroread, etc.) whenever I start it by clicking on a link in Thunderbird. Is this an action I can change? Many thanks, -T On 07/14/2008 11:52 PM, Todd and Margo Chester wrote: > Firefox 3.0 > CentOS 5.2 (Linux) > XFce 4.4.2 > > Hi All, > > I have noticed that my Firefox 3 starts without > all its plugin (flash, acroread, etc.) whenever > I start it by clicking on a link in Thunderbird. > > Is thi...

firefox starts without plugins when started from Thunderbird
Firefox 3.0 CentOS 5.2 (Linux) XFce 4.4.2 Hi All, I have noticed that my Firefox 3 starts without all its plugin (flash, acroread, etc.) whenever I start it by clicking on a link in Thunderbird. Is this an action I can change? Many thanks, -T Todd and Margo Chester wrote: > Firefox 3.0 > CentOS 5.2 (Linux) > XFce 4.4.2 > > Hi All, > > I have noticed that my Firefox 3 starts without > all its plugin (flash, acroread, etc.) whenever > I start it by clicking on a link in Thunderbird. > > Is this an action I can change? > ...

Start Lightning without starting Thunderbird. Calendar FAQ info wrong?
See the Mozilla "Calendar FAQ" at http://www.mozilla.org/projects/calendar/faq.html#shortcut It appears that at one time, it was possible to start Lightning with this syntax: From a PC command line, or from a shortcut: "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Thunderbird\thunderbird.exe" -calendar Does this actually work for anyone? There is a bug about that: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=359807 ...

Start stop and then start again
Name: Bill Butler Email: b143datearthlinkdotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Start stop and then start again Comments: FireFox starts microsoft reports that it must shut down then I restart it and all is well. I uninstalled it, and downloaded fresh, installed and it does the same thing. Windows XP, updated daily. ??????????????????????? Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.4) Gecko/20070515 Firefox/2.0.0.4 ...

Thunderbird start
Hallo everybody. I am just a beginner with Thunderbird (and news groups) and have a simple question. How do I make Thunderbird start in the INBOX and not with LOCAL FOLDERS? Hi Bernd, When using the most recent Tb 1.5rc1, use "Tools > Options > General" and remove the tick before "When Thunderbird launches, show...". That did the trick for me. Regards, Cigno Cigno schrieb: > Hi Bernd, > When using the most recent Tb 1.5rc1, use "Tools > Options > General" > and remove the tick before "When Thunderbird launches, show...&q...

Thunderbird Start
I'd like to click the TB icon and have it start right at my Inbox, downloading mail. I know how to find Tools>Options>General>TB Start Page, but what do I put in that window? On Oct 7, 5:40 pm, bill lurie <billu...@nospam.net> wrote: > I'd like to click the TB icon and have it start > right at my Inbox, downloading mail. > I know how to find Tools>Options>General>TB Start Page, > but what do I put in that window? Just uncheck the box that reads "When Thunderbird Launches..." and it should start you up in your Inbox. -- Jere...

Starting Thunderbird
How do I get thunderbird to startup on Windows 2000 professional? I double click on it and it does nothing. ANy help would be greatly appreciated. You probably did what I did at first. If you unzipped the file into a single directory, Thunderbird will not start. You must unzip it and retain all of the sub directories. In addition to the main Thunderbird folder, you should have sub folders of Chrome, Components, Defaults and Res. Robert Peterson wrote: > How do I get thunderbird to startup on Windows 2000 professional? I > double click on it and it does nothing. ANy help ...

Starting allready started!?!
I started develop sites, when I was young with ASP, just for curiosity, and so on carry it like a hobby. Today I’m creating a forum in ASP.Net, which I wished have the same editing text like we’ve here in learn visual studio, but anyway, now I want get some money from it. Haven’t been easy to do this forum, but I think I can handle it. This forum have criptografation, because only restricted people can enter in this app, every discussion is recorded in an XML file. Well I’m thinking that I’m doing a good Job. So how much should I ask for it? Is measuring how much I suffer to get it? ...

Thunderbird does not start
Name: EA Email: emmieangatvideotrondotca Product: Thunderbird Summary: Thunderbird does not start Comments: I just downloaded the newest version of Thunderbird (ver2.0.0.9) which was taken from your web site. After its completion I tried to open up Thunderbird and it did not open. I tried to open the new version of Thunderbird (2.0.0.9) in many other ways (from Program files-Mozilla, from the desktop) and still nothing has worked. I had other messages from a previous version of Thunderbird and now I don't know how to retrieve them. My questions are, how do I get my...

Improving the Thunderbird Mail Start Page for Thunderbird 2
The Thunderbird mail start page is woefully out of date. It links to features that were new in Thunderbird 1.0 and 1.5. Nothing about all the new features available to users in Thunderbird 2. We'd like to replace the existing Feature items in the start page with a new list of features. It'd be really nice to highlight the new Thunderbird 2 features in the start page. But fixing this would require us to break the string freeze and is something we are reluctant to do without further conversation with all the localizers. For more details see: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_...

2007 version of firefox won't start! & version 2006 of thunderbird won't start
Name: Robert Calhoon Email: rjcalhoonatcomcastdotnet Product: Firefox Summary: 2007 version of firefox won't start! & version 2006 of thunderbird won't start Comments: sip these two go back to earlier version wait till starting gets fixed broke on office machine and home 4 pc's broke too. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.4) Gecko/20070515 Firefox/2.0.0.4 ...

addons window start on every firefox start
Name: Terry Gullage Email: tgullageatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: addons window start on every firefox start Comments: I am very annoyed that the addons window start on every firefox start. I have tried turning off all update options in the advanced tab but this did not solve the issue. I also realize that turning all updates off may create other issues. I think that there should be an option to enable/disable this window on FF start. Since I recommend and install FF on numerous computers it really has become an annoyance. Thanx Browser Details: Mozil...

Web resources about - How to set Thunderbird to start or to not start when Windows starts? - mozilla.support.thunderbird

Mozilla Thunderbird
Mozilla Thunderbird is created by a global non-profit dedicated to putting individuals in control and shaping the future of the web for the public ...

Thunderbirds Are Go - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Thunderbirds Are Go is a 1966 British science-fiction film based on Thunderbirds , a 1960s television series starring marionette puppets and ...

Edit - Thunderbird - CrunchBase Product Profile
TechCrunch CrunchBase More TechCrunch Europe TechCrunch France TechCrunch Japan Register - Login or Advanced Search Home > Products > Thunderbird ...

F-16C Thunderbirds Formation - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
USAF Thunderbirds at the 2008 Battle Creek Air Show

Thunderbirds Are Go - Introducing The World - YouTube
The world of Thunderbirds Are Go, Tracy Island, miniature sets and craft have been lovingly made by none other than WETA Workshop - the model ...

Thunderbirds are go: First pictures of TV remake
The first images of the upcoming TV reboot of the iconic series Thunderbirds have been released, recasting the iconic puppets from the 1960s ...

Thunderbirds creator Gerry Anderson dies aged 83
... puppet TV shows Captain Scarlet, Stingray and Joe 90 died in his sleep, his son announces. Gerry Anderson, best known as the creator of Thunderbirds ...

Firebirds hold nerve to hold out Thunderbirds
It was another close shave but Queensland Firebirds coach Roselee Jencke was happy for her side to take a second straight win.

Thunderbirds are go, puppets are gone
Human Thunderbirds? What does this mean, writes James Cockington. - The Age Online

Southerners steal last-gasp draw against Thunderbirds
Southern Steel stole a 53-53 draw in the chaotic final seconds of their trans-Tasman netball league clash against Adelaide Thunderbirds.