EMail address removed from address book remains when I send EMail to a list

I don't understand why I can't remove an EMail address from a mailing list.

An address I removed from a mailing list remains when I send EMail
to a list.  Consequently unwanted mail is sent and I receive bounce
messages in return - - since it is no longer valid.

What is required to remove an entry from a mailing list and rely that it
won't be included as if I had not removed it?

--

              Regards, TOM BLACKWELL

0
TOM
2/29/2008 12:07:27 PM
mozilla.support.thunderbird 22506 articles. 5 followers. Post Follow

TOM BLACKWELL wrote:

> I don't understand why I can't remove an EMail address from a mailing list.
>
> An address I removed from a mailing list remains when I send EMail
> to a list.  Consequently unwanted mail is sent and I receive bounce
> messages in return - - since it is no longer valid.
>
> What is required to remove an entry from a mailing list and rely that it
> won't be included as if I had not removed it?

Is it one of your mailing lists you are speaking of?

I cannot recreate your situation here. When I remove an email from on of
my lists, it is removed and that address no longer gets any email when I
send to the list.

How are you removing it from the list? Are you editing the list within
the Address Book? Or some other means?
0
Moz
2/29/2008 1:05:07 PM
I deleted the address from the address book, by selecting it and using
the delete key.  After I do that, it is no longer listed there.

When I send EMail to a list, the name of the list appears in the compose
window as LISTNAME <LISTNAME>.  It then includes the removed item.

Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:
> TOM BLACKWELL wrote:
>> I don't understand why I can't remove an EMail address from a mailing list.
>>
>> An address I removed from a mailing list remains when I send EMail
>> to a list.  Consequently unwanted mail is sent and I receive bounce
>> messages in return - - since it is no longer valid.
>>
>> What is required to remove an entry from a mailing list and rely that it
>> won't be included as if I had not removed it?
>>

> Is it one of your mailing lists you are speaking of?
>
> I cannot recreate your situation here. When I remove an email from on of
> my lists, it is removed and that address no longer gets any email when I
> send to the list.
>
> How are you removing it from the list? Are you editing the list within
> the Address Book? Or some other means?

--

            Regards, TOM BLACKWELL

0
TOM
2/29/2008 1:32:25 PM
On 29-02-2008 14:32 CET, TOM BLACKWELL composed this enchanting statement:
> < this reply has been moved to bottom>
>
> Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:
>> TOM BLACKWELL wrote:
>>> I don't understand why I can't remove an EMail address from a
>>> mailing list.
>>>
>>> An address I removed from a mailing list remains when I send EMail
>>> to a list.  Consequently unwanted mail is sent and I receive bounce
>>> messages in return - - since it is no longer valid.
>>>
>>> What is required to remove an entry from a mailing list and rely
>>> that it
>>> won't be included as if I had not removed it?
>>>

>> Is it one of your mailing lists you are speaking of?
>>
>> I cannot recreate your situation here. When I remove an email from on
>> of my lists, it is removed and that address no longer gets any email
>> when I send to the list.
>>
>> How are you removing it from the list? Are you editing the list
>> within the Address Book? Or some other means?
> I deleted the address from the address book, by selecting it and using
> the delete key.  After I do that, it is no longer listed there.
>
> When I send EMail to a list, the name of the list appears in the compose
> window as LISTNAME <LISTNAME>.  It then includes the removed item.

FWIIW this is not happening here.

If an e-mail address is removed from the 'collected addresses', it
vanishes from the mailing list.

--
Kind regards,
Melchert

Melchert
2/29/2008 2:50:56 PM
I've got to figure out where this EMail is coming from after the time it
is removed from the list.

Melchert Fruitema wrote:
> On 29-02-2008 14:32 CET, TOM BLACKWELL composed this enchanting statement:
>> < this reply has been moved to bottom>
>>
>> Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:

>>> Is it one of your mailing lists you are speaking of?
>>>
>>> I cannot recreate your situation here. When I remove an email from on
>>> of my lists, it is removed and that address no longer gets any email
>>> when I send to the list.
>>>
>>> How are you removing it from the list? Are you editing the list
>>> within the Address Book? Or some other means?
>> I deleted the address from the address book, by selecting it and using
>> the delete key.  After I do that, it is no longer listed there.
>>
>> When I send EMail to a list, the name of the list appears in the compose
>> window as LISTNAME <LISTNAME>.  It then includes the removed item.
>>
> FWIIW this is not happening here.
>
> If an e-mail address is removed from the 'collected addresses', it
> vanishes from the mailing list.

--

            Regards, TOM BLACKWELL

0
TOM

Bad EMail addresses removed from address book continue to be listed
I have several address books set up with TB. Sometimes I want to send EMail to every name in one address book. While composing the EMail I enter the name of the address book as TO: or CC: or BCC:. Recently I had to remove a couple of bouncing addresses from an address book, and they are no longer shown there. However when I enter the name of the address book while composing a new message, select "send later," and examine the composed EMail found in the "Unsent" folder, the removed addresses remain on the list, anyway. What was required to remove them from the l...

Confirmation that I want my email address removed from support-thunderbird mailing list
This is my confirmation that I want my email address "jerryfowler@hughes.net removed from the support-thunderbird mailing list. Thank you Jerry Fowler Jerry Fowler wrote: > This is my confirmation that I want my email address > "jerryfowler@hughes.net removed from the support-thunderbird mailing > list. Thank you Jerry Fowler You've missed the Unsubscribe link at the bottom of all the email messages. Only you can do that, Jerry. -- -bts -Given enough coffee, I could rule the world... Jerry Fowler wrote: > This is my confirmation that I ...

Thunderbird 5
Hi Could somebody among the early adopters please tell me, whether Thunderbird= 5 finally supports more than just the two email addresses the address book= Thunderbird 3.x supported? I couldn't find anything about it in the releas= e notes, but this would be the only reason for me to update. Thanks, Jan On 06/29/2011 02:02 PM, Pantek wrote: > Hi > > Could somebody among the early adopters please tell me, whether Thunderbird 5 finally supports more than just the two email addresses the address book Thunderbird 3.x supported? I couldn't find anything about it ...

Non existing email address cancels sending to other email addresses
Hello ppl.. My WebApp sends emails to a series of email addresses without any problem... the problem is that when i send a email to a series of email addresses which contains a non existing email account... the email doesn't go at all.. Do you know what's the problem and what can be the resolution? Thanks in advance Bracoute How are you running the email process? Is it running in multiple threads so that more than 1 is sending at a time? If not, this should take care of that. Perhaps checking the email addresses for validation before allowing them to be entered into the databas...

Changing email address
I have read this: A.8.1. How do I change my user name (email address) in Bugzilla? New in 2.16 - go to the Account section of the Preferences. You will be emailed at both addresses for confirmation. ref: http://www.bugzilla.org/docs/2.20/html/faq.html#faq-use-changeaddress To anyone who has done this, do ALL bug entries with old email address get changed to new email address in the cc-list field when you change account email details? To put it another way cc-list displays email addresses but internally is it actually a pointer to my account identity that is shown? ...

Removing email addresses from email
Is it possible to remove selected email addresses from a new email just before sending it? Netscape 7 email has this feature, and Netscape 8 doesn't offer email at all. Since both Thunderbird and Netscape are Mozilla based I was hoping Thunderbird has this feature, but I can't find help on the subject. Thanks, Dom Star date 6/27/2007 10:11 PM by teletype, Thunderbird leader Dom Parisi called the control tower to announce : > Is it possible to remove selected email addresses from a new email just > before sending it? Netscape 7 email has this feature, and Netsc...

wish: display just names without email address if email is already captured in address book
The Mail program on mac os x has the nice feature that it displays only the name and not the full email address if this email is already in the address book. I find this to be a very nice feature. I sometimes add the same email address multiple times into my address book in mozilla. Just a suggestion. Tools | Options | Advanced | General Settings Show only display name for people in my address book Malcolm wrote: > Tools | Options | Advanced | General Settings > > Show only display name for people in my address book That only works for the To: address; the From:...

1 bad email address stops send for entire list with no id for bad address
Name: Ron Kocsis Email: ronkatmaildotcom Product: Thunderbird Summary: 1 bad email address stops send for entire list with no id for bad address Comments: Why does one bad address stop the send function for the entire list of recipients? And if that is unavoidable, why can't Thunderbird id the bad email address? It is a royal pain to get the email rejected over and over again without any way of knowing which address is bad. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.8) Gecko/2009032609 Firefox/3.0.8 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ ...

Moving email lists in Thunderbird's address book
Is there anyway to easily move email lists (groups is another name I guess) from one thunderbird address book to another? My problem is that when I moved from OE to thunderbird, it put all of my groups and emails into an addressbook called OE (or something like that). But, I want to move all my mail lists/groups to my personal address book, however, when I drag them across they turn into individual email addresses that contain nothing :( Also, does anyone know how to get rid of duplicate email addresses in the address book? Rili wrote: || My problem is that when I moved fr...

what if email address is wrong when sending email ?
 Hi Guys, Is there any way to get error info when sending email if to or cc email address is wrong? I am using asp.net with c# and using local SMTP server. Thanks in advance. Justin  define "wrong". If you mean it's not a valid FORMAT, meaning no @ and no "." then yes... you can.If you mean that the account doesn't existing...then Nope.... you can't. You can validate the email address to make sure that it is in a valid format, but your ASP.NET application only handles sending the email to the SMTP server.  You can't get a...

sending to email addresses @email.com
Hello, I am experiencing strange errors.. but only on one particular email suffix i can email any address but as soon as i get xxxxx@email.com i get an error any one had the same error ? Thanks When do you get the error? What does the error say?-- Mike PopeASP.NET User EducationThis posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Is it possible that you are banned or on some kind of spammer list for them?...

remove email addresses when forwarding email
How can I remove the dozens of email addresses when forwarding. I want to forward email with pictures and text. Every method I tried ends up with pics missing, with only text. Thanks Bent111 ...

Default email address for sending emails
Hi, My default email address has been suspended, and now I need to set TB up to use a different email address as the default one for sending emails. Can you tell me where to do this? Catherine Catherine wrote, On 23/07/08 14:14: > Hi, > > My default email address has been suspended, and now I need to set TB up > to use a different email address as the default one for sending emails. > Can you tell me where to do this? > > Catherine First question , are all accounts setup to use 'Use default server' in their Account Settings > Mail accou...

default email address for sending email
How do I set this? Thanks David K melbourne.au On 7/29/2006 3:49 PM, D Kinston wrote the following and I, Dennis Marks, have replied at the bottom: > How do I set this? > > Thanks > > David K > melbourne.au Click tools/account settings. Click the specific account in the left pane of the new window. Fill in appropriate boxes in the right pane. -- Dennis M. Marks Disclaimer: The above is my opinion. I do not guarantee it. Be sure to back up any files involved and use at your own risk. Batteries not included. Not for internal use. Don't ru...

Web resources about - EMail address removed from address book remains when I send EMail to a list - mozilla.support.thunderbird

File:Ipv6 address.svg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I, the copyright holder of this work, release this work into the public domain . This applies worldwide. This file contains additional information, ...

Barack Obama outlines counter-terrorism plans in rare Oval Office address; vows to 'destroy' Islamic ...
US president Barack Obama brands Islamic State fighters thugs and killers in a rare address to the nation in the wake of last week's California ...

The backwards notion that Obama was late for the glamorous 2015 Kennedy Center Honors because he needed ...
Here's the standard presentation of that notion in People Magazine , replete with video, from which I grabbed this still. But I think the address ...

Figure out how to address your cover letter - Business Insider Deutschland
... a specific individual. Just because a job posting omits the name of the person in charge of the hiring process doesn't mean you should address ...

Obama speaks on ISIS, gun control, tolerance in Oval Office address - Videos - CBS News
... shows terrorism is now in a new phase. He promised to destroy anyone who tries to harm Americans. It was the president’s first address from ...

Obama's address sets stage for 2016
Obama's address guarantees terrorism and Muslim relations will be central to the '16 campaign, Politico's Ben White says.

President Obama's Address: 'Freedom Is More Powerful Than Fear'
Here is the full text of his speech, as provided by the White House. Tonight, I addressed the nation from the Oval Office on my top priority ...

In weekly address, Obama asks Americans to 'stay true to who we are' in fight against terrorism
x YouTube Video This week, like last week, President Obama devoted his weekly address to the fight against terrorism. As I said in my speech ...

Obama’s Sunday Address Watched By 46 Million Viewers
... Obama 's Sunday night primetime speech might have, according to GOP White House candidates, been too little too late – and why give the address ...

Women Must Address Tyranny Of "Bitch" Culture
For a highly evolved society so intrigued by and invested in progress, it's funny how the "bitch" word demeaning women since as early as the ...