Devs Want Feedback

In case you missed it on the moz.dev.apps.thunderbird group, get
on over and look for a message by Dan Mosedale dated 04/04/2010
"Key Thunderbird 3.1 feature feedback requested".

You can provide feedback on the "new Migration Assistant" and the
"new Quick Filter add-on".  Deadline is Wedn. April 7, 2010.
--
Annail�s
0

On 4/5/10 6:22 AM, Annailis wrote:
> In case you missed it on the moz.dev.apps.thunderbird group, get
> on over and look for a message by Dan Mosedale dated 04/04/2010
> "Key Thunderbird 3.1 feature feedback requested".
>
> You can provide feedback on the "new Migration Assistant" and the
> "new Quick Filter add-on".  Deadline is Wedn. April 7, 2010.

No such newsgroup.  Did you mean mozilla.dev.apps.thunderbird?  However,
if I go to that one, I can't find the cited message.

--
David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>

David
4/6/2010 2:32:01 AM
On 4/5/2010 7:32 PM, David E. Ross wrote:
> On 4/5/10 6:22 AM, Annailis wrote:
>
>> In case you missed it on the moz.dev.apps.thunderbird group, get
>> on over and look for a message by Dan Mosedale dated 04/04/2010
>> "Key Thunderbird 3.1 feature feedback requested".
>>
>> You can provide feedback on the "new Migration Assistant" and the
>> "new Quick Filter add-on".  Deadline is Wedn. April 7, 2010.
>>
> Did you mean mozilla.dev.apps.thunderbird?
Yes, that's the newsgroup.

> However,
> if I go to that one, I can't find the cited message.

Try searching by the MID.

hth,
-Craig
0
Craig
4/6/2010 7:13:00 AM
David E. Ross wrote:
> On 4/5/10 6:22 AM, Annailis wrote:
>> In case you missed it on the moz.dev.apps.thunderbird group, get
>> on over and look for a message by Dan Mosedale dated 04/04/2010
>> "Key Thunderbird 3.1 feature feedback requested".
>>
>> You can provide feedback on the "new Migration Assistant" and the
>> "new Quick Filter add-on".  Deadline is Wedn. April 7, 2010.
>
> No such newsgroup.  Did you mean mozilla.dev.apps.thunderbird?  However,
> if I go to that one, I can't find the cited message.

Yes, sorry, it was mozilla.dev.apps.thunderbird, and Craig has
provided the message ID.

--
Annail�s
0
On 4/5/2010 9:22 AM, Annailis wrote:
> In case you missed it on the moz.dev.apps.thunderbird group, get on over
> and look for a message by Dan Mosedale dated 04/04/2010 "Key Thunderbird
> 3.1 feature feedback requested".
>
> You can provide feedback on the "new Migration Assistant" and the "new
> Quick Filter add-on". Deadline is Wedn. April 7, 2010.

Please give back ability to make filters from messages.
0
Frank
4/6/2010 1:12:17 PM
On 4/6/10 12:13 AM, Craig wrote:
> On 4/5/2010 7:32 PM, David E. Ross wrote:
>> On 4/5/10 6:22 AM, Annailis wrote:
>>
>>> In case you missed it on the moz.dev.apps.thunderbird group, get
>>> on over and look for a message by Dan Mosedale dated 04/04/2010
>>> "Key Thunderbird 3.1 feature feedback requested".
>>>
>>> You can provide feedback on the "new Migration Assistant" and the
>>> "new Quick Filter add-on".  Deadline is Wedn. April 7, 2010.
>>>
>> Did you mean mozilla.dev.apps.thunderbird?
> Yes, that's the newsgroup.
>
>> However,
>> if I go to that one, I can't find the cited message.
>>
> Try searching by the MID.

That MID is for a mailing list, not a newsgroup.

--
David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>

David
4/6/2010 10:23:25 PM
On 4/6/10 3:23 PM, David E. Ross wrote:
> On 4/6/10 12:13 AM, Craig wrote:

>>> Did you mean mozilla.dev.apps.thunderbird?
>> Yes, that's the newsgroup.
>>
>>> However,
>>> if I go to that one, I can't find the cited message.
>>>
>> Try searching by the MID.

> That MID is for a mailing list, not a newsgroup.

Furthermore, NO newsgroup message has appeared in
mozilla.dev.apps.thunderbird in the past month with the subject "Key
Thunderbird 3.1 feature feedback requested".  In this case, the mailing
list is apparently not feeding into the newsgroup.

Since I don't subscribe to the mailing list, I can't see the original
message.  I'm not sure how to respond.  If the mailing list is not
feeding into the newsgroup, is the newsgroup feeding into the mailing
list?  If I respond in mozilla.dev.apps.thunderbird, will it really
reach the correct recipient?

--
David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>

David
4/6/2010 10:35:06 PM
on 4/5/10 9:32 PM David E. Ross said the following:
> On 4/5/10 6:22 AM, Annailis wrote:
>> In case you missed it on the moz.dev.apps.thunderbird group, get
>> on over and look for a message by Dan Mosedale dated 04/04/2010
>> "Key Thunderbird 3.1 feature feedback requested".
>>
>> You can provide feedback on the "new Migration Assistant" and the
>> "new Quick Filter add-on".  Deadline is Wedn. April 7, 2010.
>
> No such newsgroup.  Did you mean mozilla.dev.apps.thunderbird?  However,
> if I go to that one, I can't find the cited message.

   How about modernizing how attachments are handled?  Store them in
Sqlite so they cab be searched outside TB.
0
Dan
4/7/2010 12:56:37 AM
On 4/6/10 5:56 PM, Dan wrote:
> on 4/5/10 9:32 PM David E. Ross said the following:
>> On 4/5/10 6:22 AM, Annailis wrote:
>>> In case you missed it on the moz.dev.apps.thunderbird group, get
>>> on over and look for a message by Dan Mosedale dated 04/04/2010
>>> "Key Thunderbird 3.1 feature feedback requested".
>>>
>>> You can provide feedback on the "new Migration Assistant" and the
>>> "new Quick Filter add-on".  Deadline is Wedn. April 7, 2010.
>>
>> No such newsgroup.  Did you mean mozilla.dev.apps.thunderbird?  However,
>> if I go to that one, I can't find the cited message.
>>
>    How about modernizing how attachments are handled?  Store them in
> Sqlite so they cab be searched outside TB.

Noooo.  How do I then open the attachments in whatever application is
appropriate, especially if more than one application can be used?  That
is, if I have already launched a non-Mozilla application that has no
SQLite capability, how do I request it to open or import an attachment
that is merely an entry in a SQLite database?

--
David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>

David
4/7/2010 2:18:31 AM
*-* On Tue, 06 Apr 2010, at 15:35:06 -0700,
*-* In Article <f8OdndbjkZyGKibWnZ2dnUVZ_uKdnZ2d@mozilla.org>,
*-* David E. Ross wrote
*-* About Re: Devs Want Feedback

> On 4/6/10 3:23 PM, David E. Ross wrote:

>>> Yes, that's the newsgroup.

>>> Try searching by the MID.

>> That MID is for a mailing list, not a newsgroup.

     No, it's for a newsgroup post that was posted from the mailing
list, but in that form it's unusable.  TB thinks it's a mailto:, and
Google Groups' Advanced Search Message ID search doesn't find it.
This format works:

> Furthermore, NO newsgroup message has appeared in
> mozilla.dev.apps.thunderbird in the past month with the subject "Key
> Thunderbird 3.1 feature feedback requested".  In this case, the
> mailing list is apparently not feeding into the newsgroup.

     No, it's there.  I don't know why you can't see it, but it's
there.

> Since I don't subscribe to the mailing list, I can't see the
> original message.  I'm not sure how to respond.  If the mailing list
> is not feeding into the newsgroup, is the newsgroup feeding into the
> mailing list?  If I respond in mozilla.dev.apps.thunderbird, will it
> really reach the correct recipient?

     It links to a couple of blogs where suggestions can be posted.
There are no replies to it in the newsgroup.  Here is the full text of
the post:

<quote>
 Blake has posted a blog entry asking for feedback on our new
Migration Assistant at http://tinyurl.com/yh87g9d and  Bryan has
posted a similar entry at http://tinyurl.com/y8py9z9 asking for
feedback on the new Quick Filter add-on.

We're asking for your feedback by the end of the day on Wednesday,
April 7.  We realize that this is coming up quickly, but we'd still
very much love to hear any opinions or suggestions you have.
</quote>

                                        Ken Whiton
--
    FIDO: 1:132/152
Ken

Thunderbird Conversations : feedback wanted!
Hi folks, My Thunderbird Conversations addon is nearing completion, and I'm looking for feedback. This addon is about adding a gmail-like conversation view into thunderbird, including quick (inline) reply, contact tooltips, and other nice features that should enhance your productivity ;-). I've been releasing dev builds for a few weeks now on http://jonathan.xulforum.org/files/gcv-nightlies/ and I've blogged about it several times on http://blog.xulforum.org/index.php . This addon is compatible with 3.3a1, which means you won't enjoy the nice interaction w...

Feedback Agent does not want to feedback
This problem has existed from 1.5.03 through 1.5.04 and is still a problem on my 1.5.05 installation. Browser crashes. Feedback Agent loads when browser next loads - shows 1 item in the queue but when trying to send the incident it pops an error message --------------------------- Mozilla Quality Feedback Agent --------------------------- The Agent is unable to connect to the server. Please check your Proxy Server settings or try again later. --------------------------- OK --------------------------- Proxy settings are fine and I can connect to any other site. Any ideas...

I want to implement exchange support in thunderbird. And looking for suggestion.
I was try to replace NS_IMETHOD SendMailMessage(nsIFile *aFilePath, const c= har * aRecipients, nsIMsgIdentity *aSenderIdentity, const char * aPassword,= nsIUrlListener *aUrlListener, nsIMsgStatusFeedback *aStatusListener, nsIIn= terfaceRequestor *aNotificationCallbacks, bool aRequestDSN, nsIURI * *aURL,= nsIRequest * *aRequest) =3D 0; with the nsIExchangeService. Now I am facing a problem to implement nsSmtpUrl like things such as nsExchangeUrl, what's the necessary API i should implement? Indeed, the only thing means to me is the file=20 for the function SendMailMessage,...

[ANNOUNCE] Feedback wanted
Hey guys, the Thunderbird developers have asked me to forward this to you and to ask for *FEEDBACK*. So if you have a problem with the proposed schedule, *PLEASE* speak up. Based on where we are with blockers etc, the Thunderbird drivers have proposed a schedule for getting to RC 1. The schedule is challenging, but we believe it is a good starting point. We would like to get feedback from those with blockers [1], and others on their thoughts for this schedule: * Code freeze: could be anywhere between 10th and 14th May - probably 13th or 14th May. * L1...

Confirmation that I want my email address removed from support-thunderbird mailing list
This is my confirmation that I want my email address "jerryfowler@hughes.net removed from the support-thunderbird mailing list. Thank you Jerry Fowler Jerry Fowler wrote: > This is my confirmation that I want my email address > "jerryfowler@hughes.net removed from the support-thunderbird mailing > list. Thank you Jerry Fowler You've missed the Unsubscribe link at the bottom of all the email messages. Only you can do that, Jerry. -- -bts -Given enough coffee, I could rule the world... Jerry Fowler wrote: > This is my confirmation that I ...

Calendar:Dev Guide -- dev support
Hi calendar team! During todays telco you proposed to get more helpers for LG. Sounds good .... but maybe you can make life a bit easier? Calendar:Dev Guide gives a good overview about the code structure and pointing to a lot points. But how about a CVS link? And how to build a "Lightning.xpi" for testing any changes before going to post a change? I'm using eclispe with ANT (and XULbooster) which is doing very well for CVS as well as to build the XPI. Any help/links for that? G�nter Hello G=FCnter! The Dev_Guide is a bit out of date. Some things have c...

Wanted to use Thunderbird and couldn't because my e-mail account through Juno does not support it
Name: jane Ehret Email: jae1991atjunodotcom Product: Thunderbird Summary: Wanted to use Thunderbird and couldn't because my e-mail account through Juno does not support it Comments: What companies do support Thunderbird? Browser Details: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322) jane Ehret wrote: > Name: jane Ehret > Email: jae1991atjunodotcom > Product: Thunderbird > Summary: Wanted to use Thunderbird and couldn't because my e-mail account through Juno does not support it According to http://www.juno.com/supp...

Does Thunderbird support
64 bit Windows Home Premium Vista? Asking for a friend who doesn't use news groups well. On 04/28/2009 09:22 PM sharon scribbled: > 64 bit Windows Home Premium Vista? Asking for a friend who doesn't use > news groups well. That makes 2 of you that don't use news groups well. Your subject is half a question when it should be a subject. "64 bit Windows Home Premium Vista?" isn't a properly formed question. And Thunderbird doesn't support operating systems, its the other way around. goodwin wrote: > On 04/28/2009 09:22 PM sharon s...

You wanted feedbacks
Name: Aimé Auger Jr. Product: Firefox Summary: You wanted feedbacks Comments: Astounding! The speed and feel is totally at its utmost and the supplement modules are very performing. I have been using the product for over five years now without failures (at least nothing that didn't come from bugged Msoft Windows). I especially appreciated the new approach on how the address mannager is built, letting the user choices on how he wants it classified. The add-ons are the best options; I never saw better made on anything else. Thanks to all the Mozilla Team for havin...

Feedback support
Name: Product: Firefox Summary: Feedback support Comments: I can't feed back via the standard browser button because it says that 4.0b11pre isn't the latest version of the browser, even though it has just done the automatic update to make sure it is the latest. Your download page is still saying 4.0b10pre is the latest version. Get them inline please. I wanted to say, GET the copy and paste function working properly as it stops working completely after the browser has been open for an hour or 2. I open any other version of browser (including other ff's) an...

Thunderbird feedback
Name: George Sexton Email: gsextonatmhsoftwaredotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Thunderbird feedback Comments: Here are some issues I've noticed using Thunderbird: *************************** In the message search function, you can search by Sender, or To/Subject but not To or sender. Say I'm looking at messages to a customer, I can't see the thread. Only 1/2 of it. Saved search does this but it's non-intuitive. *************************** Another problem is say I want to attach a screen shot. If your default composition is plain text and not HTML...

Thunderbird Feedback
Here are some issues I've noticed using Thunderbird: *************************** In the message search function, you can search by Sender, or To/Subject but not To or sender. Say I'm looking at messages to a customer, I can't see the thread. Only 1/2 of it. Saved search does this but it's non-intuitive. *************************** Another problem is say I want to attach a screen shot. If your default composition is plain text and not HTML it's very difficult. I can't copy and paste it. I have to save the screen shot as a file so that I can attac...

Feedback on feedback

Support feedback
Name: J. Cobe Email: jcobeemailatearthlinkdotnet Product: Firefox Summary: Support feedback Comments: I realize that you have stuff in beta and everyone seems to be a volunteer, but the lack of help, especially considering I can and do have real-time online chats with other companies, is too frustrating and time consuming. I'm on my bosses computer now and sending attachments, which is absolutely necessary in my business (Entertainment), that are unreadable is unacceptable. I am resorting to Safari, which may not be as secure according to you, but it does what I ne...

Web resources about - Devs Want Feedback - mozilla.support.thunderbird

Newest Facebook Messenger For IOS Update Includes Feedback
... applications are coming fast and furious. Monday, Facebook announced an update to its Messenger for iOS devices that lets users give feedback ...

Thanks For Your Feedback
... Use Policy, Statement of Rights and Responsibilities Take Effect by Erin Egan, Chief Privacy Officer, Policy Thank you for providing feedback ...

Using Feedback to Shape Distribution

Facebook asks users for feedback on News Feed, On This Day feature
Facebook constantly wants to know how users feel about features. AllFacebook recently noticed that Facebook is polling users on their News Feed ...

Taxi industry’s epic social media fail in request for passenger feedback - HeraldSun Search Search
IT is being dubbed a social media disaster — the taxi industry has been given #epicfail for asking taxi passengers to tell the industry about ...

‘Minecraft’ dev announces 'Realms' price drop and free trials, Minecraft amiibo feedback heard by dev ...
Mojang has released a new and reduced price tag to the “Minecraft Realms.”

Site Issues and Feedback

Microsoft explains how it uses Windows 10 Insider feedback with 'Made by you' articles
The Windows Insider program was designed to help anyone test driving preview builds of Windows 10 to provide feedback and help shape the future ...