Viewing PDF Files

Sometimes, when I select a link to a PDF file, the file appears within
the SeaMonkey window, appearently using the nppdf32.dll plugin.  Other
times, the Download Manager is launched; and the file is eventually
displayed within a separate Adobe Reader window.

Why does this lack of consistency occur?

Windows XP Home Edition 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2
AVG Anti-Virus 8.5.375

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.22)
   Gecko/20090605 SeaMonkey/1.1.17
with Menu, Navigation, Status, and PrefBar bars displayed
Cookies for the originating Web site only

No firewall or proxy

Extensions:
Adblock Plus 1.0.1
FlashBlock 1.3.13
LiveHTTPHeaders 0.13.1
Mnenhy 0.7.6
PrefBar 4.1.1:
	Unrequested popups suppressed
	Images from the originating server only
	FlashBlock enabled
	etc
Show (Master) Passwords 0.1.2

nppdf32.dll 9.1.0.163
AcroRd32.exe 9.1.0.163

--
David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>

David
7/2/2009 10:46:56 PM
mozilla.support.seamonkey 13721 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

SeaMonkey And .PDF Files
I'm using SeaMonkey 1.0.7 and sometimes it doesn't do .pdf file like I thought I had it set up for. I have Acrobat 6 Pro and the Acrobat Reader 8. When I click on any of the .pdf files on this page: http://www.takagi.com/web2003/e01.htm SeaMonkey opens a new browser window and starts Acrobat 6. That's not what I have it set to do. Under Edit, Preferences, Helper Applications, for .pdf I have it set to Always ask me what to do with a .pdf file with the default as Save it to disk with the other option set to open it with the Reader. What setting am I miss...

Seamonkey and pdf files
I was unable to download a pdf file with Seamonkey today. Is this a known issue? SM just froze. I had to start IE (yuck!!!) to get the file. -- --------------------------- Jeffrey Needle jeff.needle@gmail.com Jeff Needle wrote: > I was unable to download a pdf file with Seamonkey today. Is this a > known issue? SM just froze. I had to start IE (yuck!!!) to get the file. > Which platform and Acrobat version are you using? I've been viewing PDF files on Windows XP with Acrobat Reader 7 with no problems. -- Jeff Beal Jeff Beal wrote: > Jeff Ne...

Viewing PDF files
When trying to view/open an attached PDF I recieve the normal security warning but when I chose open I get nothing. The security screen lists the file name as 1.id= or 2.id= etc. The Webaccess screen thinks I have opened the correct filename. If I chose "save as" first and then chose open it woks correctly. I got this complaint after upgrading to GW 6.5 Sp3. Server is NW5.1 SP7 with NES. Chester, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem...

Cannot view pdf files
Name: Abdul Razak Bin Naina Mohamed Email: razor_aura84atyahoodotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Cannot view pdf files Comments: I cannot view pdf website. An error--can't launch adobe acrobat. I solve the problem by untick the display pdf browser in the adobe reader application's preferences. Is this a common problem/crash in Firefox version 3? Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.4) Gecko/2008102920 Firefox/2.0.0.14;MEGAUPLOAD 1.0 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a respons...

seamonkey and pdf files
I know there are Mozilla gurus on here, and I can't find the Mozilla newsgroups any more, so I will try here. SeaMonkey 1.18. It insists on opening pdf files in the browser instead of with my regular pdf reader (Foxit). Many of these files are business files, and they need to be handled as pdf's, not as web pages. If I try to save one, it saves it as a web page. SeaMonkey did not used to do that, it would open pdf's in Foxit, this internal browser stuff is new. It is extremely frustrating, as I can't find any way to change it. So, if anyone knows how to cha...

Changing the default All Files (*.*) option to Adobe PDF Files (*.pdf) in a file open dialogue in ASP.net
In My file Upload page, I am using <input type=file> tag to browse a file from client machine.The Browse button by default is showing all files *.* in the file dialogue boxI have a requirement like the file dialogue should by default show just PDFs *.pdf, and have an option to show all files *.* as shown below:Adobe PDF Files (*.pdf)All Files (*.*)Is there a way to handle this using any web controls, or technique using ASP.net or HTML?Thanks in advanceAnsar I need answer to this one, too. As far as I know, there is no way to do this....

Combining PDF files into one very large pdf file
Does anyone have a utility/componennt that will combine various PDF files into one very large PDF file? The size of the final file may be larger then the current memory available for the computer. Thanks Ed Dressel On Thu, 2 Apr 2009 08:29:47 -0700, Ed Dressel <none@tbinc.com> wrote: >Does anyone have a utility/componennt that will combine various PDF files >into one very large PDF file? The size of the final file may be larger then >the current memory available for the computer. > >Thanks >Ed Dressel Ed, I would check out www.adultpdf.com Str...

Viewing PDF files problem
I'm using the activeX acrobat control to view PDF files in PB 7... When running my application and viewing a PDF file in the OLE control, and then open another PDF file outside PB(eg clicking a PDF file from explorer, thus triggering acrobat reader to open the file) and closing it, the OLE control on my application will now appear blank... did i forget to put something in my code? i'm running PB 7 on Windows NT pls. help. thanks. ...

Problems when viewing PDF-files
Name: Morten Email: mortensnoeratwebspeeddotdk Product: Firefox Summary: Problems when viewing PDF-files Comments: Hello Mozilla After updating to the latest version of Mozilla Firefox I experience problems when viewing PDF-files directly within the browser window. The problem: The file opens perfectly, and I am perfectly able to browse the different pages in the PDF-file. The actual problem occurs when I hit the "Back" button in the upper left corner. When hitting the button for trying to go one web page back, the browser simply closes completely. Afterward...

PDF File I/O Error while trying to load pdf file
Name: Dale Product: Shiretoko Summary: PDF File I/O Error while trying to load pdf file Comments: I was loading this site's pdf file: http://www.mead-usa.com/reference/instructions/Air_Presses.pdf and I received a window saying that there was a File I/O Error, but the page was trying to load anyway. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1b3) Gecko/20090305 Firefox/3.1b3 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one...

View Pdf files on the webpage
Hello, Can someone show me how to view the pdf report on the web page? I kinda have an idea of how it goes but not not sure how to implement it. What I have right now is each user has a report folder from what they run a search from previous. I want a user to have an option to select which pdf report they would like to view in the folder when select that report's file.  How do I do that?  Thanks... Just to clarify - So the PDF's already exist, and you just want to be able to bring them up in a browser?This is the part where I politely request you to ...

viewing pdf file in aspx
I want to show a pdf file in my page and want to get navigated automatically to a particular page (say page number 5).I want to show the pdf file in a viewer. Iframe seems to a solution for showing within a webpage, but i am not able to navigate to page automatically on loading the pdf. Can anyone help me plzzzzzzzzzzzit is very urget Thanks and regardshari Hari Krishnantechiebuddy.com Try something like this: <object type="application/pdf" data="myfile.pdf#page=2&view=fitH" width="500" height="350"></object> Also chec...

Viewing PDF Files #2
Sometimes, when I select a link to a PDF file, the file appears within the SeaMonkey window, appearently using the nppdf32.dll plugin. Other times, the Download Manager is launched; and the file is eventually displayed within a separate Adobe Reader window. Why does this lack of consistency occur? Windows XP Home Edition 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 AVG Anti-Virus 8.5.375 Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.22) Gecko/20090605 SeaMonkey/1.1.17 with Menu, Navigation, Status, and PrefBar bars displayed Cookies for the originating Web site only No firewall or...

Firefox
How can I set up Firefox to open PDF files rather than save them to disk? I don't need them to open within the browser like IE (although that would be nice if possible)--If they open in an instance of Acrobat Reader, that's fine. thanks, chris. luned� 02/ago/2004 _Alabaster_ in <news:khrPc.5553$QA5.5257@nwrddc01.gnilink.net>: > How can I set up Firefox to open PDF files rather than save them to disk? > > I don't need them to open within the browser like IE (although that > would be nice if possible)--If they open in an instance of Acrobat &...

Web resources about - Viewing PDF Files - mozilla.support.seamonkey

Optimum HDTV viewing distance - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
that HDTV attempts to offer, is courtesy of the increased resolution and the fact that the sets are typically larger than the analog sets they ...

Facebook Ads Manager Users Can Manually Select Dates When Viewing Potential Campaign Audiences
Users of Facebook’s Ads Manager can now manually select the dates when viewing their potential campaign audiences, rather than being restricted ...

Facebook to implement fullscreen, hi-res photo viewing
... photo uploads per day. The social network regularly increases the size and quality of images while generally avoiding lag time for viewing. ...

Updates for viewing photos and videos
Today, we’re rolling out several enhancements that make it easier to view photos and videos on Twitter — in particular, on profiles and in search ...

Maps - with Offline Viewing, Directions, Street View, Places, Search, GPS Services, Ruler on the App ...
Get Maps - with Offline Viewing, Directions, Street View, Places, Search, GPS Services, Ruler on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, ...

Viewing Party at Griffith Observatory - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Science lovers gathered to watch a live broadcast from JPL in La Cañada Flintridge as they monitor the successful landing of the Mars Curiosity ...

LINKEDIN How to Be Anonymous on LinkedIn When Viewing Someone's Profile - YouTube
http://www.SuiteMinute.com I don't want people to know when I'm researching possible connections. I'm clicking on their LinkedIn profiles, and ...

Real estate agent blocked from offering mass viewing of rented property
Renters could get new protection from having large numbers of prospective buyers coming through their homes for "open for inspections" when the ...

Fox's ticket to a closer Time Warner viewing?
The cash released from 21st Century Fox’s BSkyB deal will help any further efforts for a Time Warner bid, enabling measures to support Fox’s ...

IED viewing cancelled following soldier's death
IED viewing cancelled following soldier's death