SM 2.53.6b1: Web Developer Tools mess up mail client

Hi there and a Happy New Year!

I've installed SM 2.53.6 Beta 1 (Windows 10 x64) and encountered the
following reproducible behaviour:

1. Start a fresh SeaMonkey browser instance
2. Press F12 to open the Web Development Tools
3. Press Ctrl+2 to open the mail client

Result: The folder and message lists are empty.

This only seems to happen when the developer tools are open. Not sure if
this is new in 2.53.6.
0
mike
1/1/2021 12:11:04 PM
mozilla.support.seamonkey 13721 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

On 1/1/21 7:11 AM, mike wrote:
> Hi there and a Happy New Year!
>
> I've installed SM 2.53.6 Beta 1 (Windows 10 x64) and encountered the
> following reproducible behaviour:
>
> 1. Start a fresh SeaMonkey browser instance
> 2. Press F12 to open the Web Development Tools
> 3. Press Ctrl+2 to open the mail client
>
> Result: The folder and message lists are empty.
>
> This only seems to happen when the developer tools are open. Not sure if
> this is new in 2.53.6.

It isn't new.

I can reproduce using SM 2.53.5.1 on Ubuntu 18.04 LTS Linux.

--
OS: Ubuntu Linux 18.04LTS - Gnome Desktop
https://give.thunderbird.net/en-US/

0
WaltS48
1/1/2021 1:24:01 PM
On 1/1/21 7:11 AM, mike wrote:
> Hi there and a Happy New Year!
>
> I've installed SM 2.53.6 Beta 1 (Windows 10 x64) and encountered the
> following reproducible behaviour:
>
> 1. Start a fresh SeaMonkey browser instance
> 2. Press F12 to open the Web Development Tools
> 3. Press Ctrl+2 to open the mail client
>
> Result: The folder and message lists are empty.
>
> This only seems to happen when the developer tools are open. Not sure if
> this is new in 2.53.6.

I have been informed on IRC,that it is a known issue and the workaround
is to open mail client before opening the Web Development Tools and is
also in SM 2.49.x.

Check to see if there is a bug report filed and if not file one.

<https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=SeaMonkey>

--
OS: Ubuntu Linux 18.04LTS - Gnome Desktop
https://give.thunderbird.net/en-US/

0
WaltS48
1/1/2021 2:30:37 PM
WaltS48 a écrit :
> On 1/1/21 7:11 AM, mike wrote:
>> Hi there and a Happy New Year!
>>
>> I've installed SM 2.53.6 Beta 1 (Windows 10 x64) and encountered the
>> following reproducible behaviour:
>>
>> 1. Start a fresh SeaMonkey browser instance
>> 2. Press F12 to open the Web Development Tools
>> 3. Press Ctrl+2 to open the mail client
>>
>> Result: The folder and message lists are empty.
>>
>> This only seems to happen when the developer tools are open. Not sure if
>> this is new in 2.53.6.
>>

> I have been informed on IRC,that it is a known issue and the workaround
> is to open mail client before opening the Web Development Tools and is
> also in SM 2.49.x.
>
> Check to see if there is a bug report filed and if not file one.
>
> <https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=SeaMonkey>

I can bot reproduce this problem: all works fine here
0
jcteyssier
1/1/2021 4:47:41 PM
On 1/1/21 11:47 AM, jcteyssier wrote:
> WaltS48 a =C3=A9crit=C2=A0:
>> On 1/1/21 7:11 AM, mike wrote:
>>> Hi there and a Happy New Year!
>>>
>>> I've installed SM 2.53.6 Beta 1 (Windows 10 x64) and encountered the
>>> following reproducible behaviour:
>>>
>>> 1. Start a fresh SeaMonkey browser instance
>>> 2. Press F12 to open the Web Development Tools
>>> 3. Press Ctrl+2 to open the mail client
>>>
>>> Result: The folder and message lists are empty.
>>>
>>> This only seems to happen when the developer tools are open. Not sure=
 if
>>> this is new in 2.53.6.
>>>

>> I have been informed on IRC,that it is a known issue and the=20
>> workaround is to open mail client before opening the Web Development=20
>> Tools and is also in SM 2.49.x.
>>
>> Check to see if there is a bug report filed and if not file one.
>>
>> <https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=3DSeaMonkey>
>>
> I can bot reproduce this problem: all works fine here

Following the steps above?

A developer told me it was a known issue.

--=20
OS: Ubuntu Linux 18.04LTS - Gnome Desktop
https://give.thunderbird.net/en-US/

0
WaltS48
1/1/2021 7:31:37 PM
WaltS48 a écrit :
> On 1/1/21 11:47 AM, jcteyssier wrote:
>> WaltS48 a écrit :

>>> I have been informed on IRC,that it is a known issue and the
>>> workaround is to open mail client before opening the Web Development
>>> Tools and is also in SM 2.49.x.
>>>
>>> Check to see if there is a bug report filed and if not file one.
>>>
>>> <https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=SeaMonkey>
>>>
>> I can bot reproduce this problem: all works fine here
>
> Following the steps above?
>
> A developer told me it was a known issue.

Yes:
- close Seamonkey
- Wait some second thath it will wrtie all profile files.
-Start Seamonkey navigator part: it open a blank page here.
- Press "F12": a sub window open at the bottom of navigator (seem to be
the devlopment tool: i discover it :))
- Press Ctrl++2: this open mail window. I see all mes mailbox,
subfolders and mails

Agent utilisateur : Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:60.0)
Gecko/20100101 Firefox/60.0 SeaMonkey/2.53.6
Identifiant de compilation : 20201222220451

This is 2.53.6 beta 1 on win 10 64 FR

0
jcteyssier
1/2/2021 8:35:11 AM
jcteyssier a écrit :
> WaltS48 a écrit :

>>> I can bot reproduce this problem: all works fine here
>>
>> Following the steps above?
>>
>> A developer told me it was a known issue.
>>
> Yes:
> - close Seamonkey
> - Wait some second thath it will wrtie all profile files.
> -Start Seamonkey navigator part: it open a blank page here.
> - Press "F12": a sub window open at the bottom of navigator (seem to be
> the devlopment tool: i discover it :))
> - Press Ctrl++2: this open mail window. I see all mes mailbox,
> subfolders and mails
>
> Agent utilisateur : Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:60.0)
> Gecko/20100101 Firefox/60.0 SeaMonkey/2.53.6
> Identifiant de compilation : 20201222220451
>
> This is 2.53.6 beta 1 on win 10 64 FR

By the way, i have a them applied: 'slipping kitten'. And 'uBlock
Origin' 1.16.4.24 active. I guess it change nothing but with this both
informations you get my full set :)
0
jcteyssier
1/2/2021 8:39:58 AM
On 01/01/2021 13:24, WaltS48 wrote:
> ...>
> I can reproduce using SM 2.53.5.1 on Ubuntu 18.04 LTS Linux.

Likewise 16.04 x86. The top level for each account is displayed
correctly, but the folder pane and the contents of non-top-level folders
are empty. It looks as if the text is just being hidden, as the
statusbar changes when "selecting" the hidden folders.

/df

--
London
UK