SM 2.0 Can't Get Email, But Can Send Email

I've just installed SeaMonkey 2.0, imported all my old data, and started
the new version. I have a couple of problems/questions:

1. I can send email, but when I click on the Get Msgs/Get All New
Messages menu item, nothing happens. No status messages in the footer to
show any activity, and the messages I can see in my webmail account
inbox are not downloaded. If I start the old version it downloads the
messages just fine.

2. When I start the email app, no folder is selected, so my Inbox emails
don't appear in the right pane until I select the Inbox folder. I used
to have the Inbox automatically opened when I started the app. How do I
do this again?

3. When in Preferences/Mail & Newsgroups/Composition I set the Default
for HTML messages Font to Verdana, and then click OK.  It doesn't seem
to "take" reliably. If I go back again and check, the field is blank.

I originally upgrades frm SM 1.1.11.  I have now uninstalled SM 1.1.11
and 2.0, downloaded a fresh copy of SM 2.0 and re-installed it.  I still
get the same problems.

I'm running Windows XP 5.1.2600 SP 3 Build 2600.

Anyone have any ideas?

JVH
0
user
11/20/2009 1:36:16 PM
mozilla.support.seamonkey 13721 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

user@domain.invalid schrieb:
> Anyone have any ideas?

Create a new profile for SM2 and test again.

/\  www.asciiribbon.org   - http://www.gerstbach.at/2004/ascii
0
Martin

Can't send email in Seamonkey 2.0
I just upgraded to Seamonkey 2.0. I like it for its mail feature. But now, when I try to send an email I get this message: Sending of message failed. An error occurred sending mail: Unable to authenticate to SMTP server smtp.earthlink.net. It does not support authentication (SMTP-AUTH) but you have chosen to use authentication. Uncheck 'Use name and password' for that server or contact your service provider. I'm using Earthlink.net and have tried to figure out how to correct this but to no avail. They're not interested in helping problems with Seamonkey. marstokyo ...

update fails, can't get out of it and now can't get my email
Name: martha Email: mjhartleyatchampmaildotcom Product: Thunderbird Summary: update fails, can't get out of it and now can't get my email Comments: The directions about bugging aren't helpful to me because I don't know what you're talking about. You offered an update, I tried it, now it is in an endless loop of trying to install, failing, and trying again. It is very frustrating because I can't even get into my old email files to get addresses, photos, etc. I have turned off my firewall and have rebooted the computer, per some of the suggestions in the...

WindowsApplication can send email,but WebApplication can't send,and don't show error.
WindowsApplication can send email,but WebApplication can't send,and don't show error. this is code Dim strBody As String = "This is the body..." Dim OLApp As New outlook.Application() Dim msg As outlook.MailItem msg = OLApp.CreateItem(outlook.OlItemType.olMailItem) msg.To = "sbzhong@cclmotors.com" msg.Subject = "Automated e-mail" msg.Body = strBody CType(msg, outlook._MailItem).Send() ...

Can't 'see' get My mial that WAS on system B4 Upgrading to ver 1.0.6 SeaMonkey is my eMail server Even??!!
Please Help!! I have been using SeaMonkey now for about a year... tired of IE and wanted something better... Anyway, like others who decided to download this 'new' version I downloaded and installed it thinking it would not 'trash' anything email wise as I use SeaMonkey for my email client, not ANYONE else's app... SeaMonkey's!!!! Well low and behold, I open up my mail folder after the install of this new version and EVERYTHING is gone!!!! I tried using the import utility.... but do you think they have one for their own product???!!! I had hopes they had somet...

Can't 'see' get email that WAS on system B4 Upgrading to ver 1.0.6 or whatever ver this new one is!! SeaMonkey Mail Even??!!
Please Help!! I have been using SeaMonkey now for about a year... tired of IE and wanted something better... Anyway, like others who decided to download this 'new' version I downloaded and installed it thinking it would not 'trash' anything email wise as I use SeaMonkey for my email client, not ANYONE else's app... SeaMonkey's!!!! Well low and behold, I open up my mail folder after the install of this new version and EVERYTHING is gone!!!! I tried using the import utility.... but do you think they have one for their own product???!!! I had hopes they ha...

Can't install Email-Send & Can't access Bugzilla in Browser
Hi All I am facing this problem for many days now and actually am stuck at this point can somebody please help me in resolving this (platform is Windows Server 2003, perl 5.8.8, Apache 2.2.4) 1) When I runchecksetup.pl command it give me error that Email Send and Emil MIME Modifier are not installed ..... I followed the instructions and run the commands but am unable to install these two C:\Bugzilla\bugzilla-3.0>ppm install Email-Send Downloading ActiveState Package Repository packlist...not modified Downloading theory58S packlist...redirect Downloading theory58S packlist...

Can't Send Email using Verizon Email with SM. OE6 works okay.
I am trying to setup SM 1.1.11 to work with Verizon email. Reading email works but sending does not. When I try to send with SM, I get the following: "Send Message Error. Sending of message failed. The message could not be because connecting to SMTP server outgoing.verizon.net failed. ...." I am able to get the send to work in OE6 with the following settings: OE6 Outgoing port = 25 "Server requires SSL" is not checked "Outgoing Server requires authentication" IS checked Settings "Use same settings as my incoming server" IS checked ...

can't send email or write, reply or forward...incoming is all blurred & can't read it
Name: Ellen Wood Email: sienna8841at1gotodotcom Product: Thunderbird Summary: can't send email or write, reply or forward...incoming is all blurred & can't read it Comments: Please send me back some info. to help me get back on my thunderbird...I can only receive mail, but can't even see it to read it. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Win98; en-US; rv:1.8.0.8) Gecko/20061025 Firefox/1.5.0.8 ...

Can't send email out on 3.0.2 on Linux
I realize there are a lot of threads on not being able to send email in Bugzilla here but none addressed my issue. I'm running Bugzilla 3.0.2 on Debian 4.0. The MTA is exim. Which forwards mail to an Exchange server. The exim error logs show no problems (mainlog). Bugzilla email params are configured: 'mail_delivery_method' => 'Sendmail', 'sendmailnow' => '1', 'whinedays' => '0' The Apache error.log says (tail -30 error.log): [Fri Jan 4 12:00:58 2008] process_bug.cgi: Use of uninitialized value in pattern matc...

SM 2.0.4 I can't digitally sign email anymore !
Hello all, since upgrading to SM 2.0.4 I can't digitally sign my e-mail messages! When sending, I get the error "Sending of message failed. You specified that this message should be digitally signed, but the application either failed to find the signing certificate specified in your Mail & Newsgroup Account Settings, or the certificate has expired." The odd thing is the certificate is not expired and I do see it in the Certificate Manager (under Preferences, Security). So what's wrong ? tnx, Gabriele ...

Web resources about - SM 2.0 Can't Get Email, But Can Send Email - mozilla.support.seamonkey