Site that doesn't work since upgrading to 2.53.5.1

I'm running Windows 10 Pro v20H2

The problematic site is https://pskreporter.info/pskmap.html

It's a site with a scale-able map, somewhat similar to Google maps.

The problem is that when you left-click and hold on the map, you should 
be able to move the map around in the window to center it on a desired 
location. It still works fine with Firefox, but not with SeaMonkey 
v2.53.5.1.

Ideas? Thanks in advance!

John
-- 
Q: What's the quickest way to get a mailbox full of spam?
A: Post a message in any newsgroup using a real email address.

Therefore, please reply in this newsgroup. Thank you.
0
notme
1/9/2021 11:07:00 PM
mozilla.support.seamonkey 13721 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

18 Replies
223 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 6

notme@nonospam.org a écrit :
> I'm running Windows 10 Pro v20H2
> 
> The problematic site is https://pskreporter.info/pskmap.html
> 
> It's a site with a scale-able map, somewhat similar to Google maps.
> 
> The problem is that when you left-click and hold on the map, you should 
> be able to move the map around in the window to center it on a desired 
> location. It still works fine with Firefox, but not with SeaMonkey 
> v2.53.5.1.
> 
> Ideas? Thanks in advance!
> 
> John
win 10 pro 64 here; Seamonkey 2.53.6 beta 1: samae here, left clic does 
nothing (firefox works)
No idea "why"

Jean-Charles
0
jcteyssier
1/10/2021 9:04:29 AM
jcteyssier a écrit :
> notme@nonospam.org a écrit :
>> I'm running Windows 10 Pro v20H2
>>
>> The problematic site is https://pskreporter.info/pskmap.html
>>
>> It's a site with a scale-able map, somewhat similar to Google maps.
>>
>> The problem is that when you left-click and hold on the map, you 
>> should be able to move the map around in the window to center it on a 
>> desired location. It still works fine with Firefox, but not with 
>> SeaMonkey v2.53.5.1.
>>
>> Ideas? Thanks in advance!
>>
>> John
> win 10 pro 64 here; Seamonkey 2.53.6 beta 1: same here, left clic does 
> nothing (firefox works)
> No idea "why"
> 
> Jean-Charles
an other difference: pointing on what i guess to be a radio station does 
not show the box with information on it and Firefox (84.0.1)does

Jean-Charles
0
jcteyssier
1/10/2021 9:12:22 AM
On 10/01/2021 09:04, jcteyssier wrote:
> notme@nonospam.org a écrit :
>> I'm running Windows 10 Pro v20H2
>>
>> The problematic site is https://pskreporter.info/pskmap.html
>>
>> It's a site with a scale-able map, somewhat similar to Google maps.
>>
>> The problem is that when you left-click and hold on the map, you 
>> should be able to move the map around in the window to center it on a 
>> desired location. It still works fine with Firefox, but not with 
>> SeaMonkey v2.53.5.1.
>>
>> Ideas? Thanks in advance!
>>
>> John
> win 10 pro 64 here; Seamonkey 2.53.6 beta 1: same here, left click does 
> nothing (firefox works)
> No idea "why"
> 

Same with SM 2.5.3.1 Linux x86.

This 
<https://groups.google.com/forum/?_escaped_fragment_=topic/psk-reporter/1riZH91K2fI#!topic/psk-reporter/1riZH91K2fI> 
seems to be a discussion of a similar problem. The only browser console 
messages:

setMapSize(1120, 583)  pskmap.html:132:31
Resizing map: 1120px != 100% || 458px != 635px  pskmap.html:132:31
Frag shader error: 0:1(12): warning: extension `GL_ARB_gpu_shader5' 
unsupported in fragment shader
   SunLayer.js:531:10
setMapSize(1120, 583)  pskmap.html:132:31

The message about GL_ARB_gpu_shader5 seems to be a red herring that 
could be fixed by 
<https://hg.mozilla.org/integration/mozilla-inbound/rev/465c8a6fcdcb>.

The document declares the VML namespace which I thought was 
unimplemented except in IE <=9, but presumably doesn't use it as it did 
work, from the link above, until last month.

I think the site owner will be best placed to help.

/df

-- 
London
UK
0
Dirk
1/11/2021 1:05:57 AM
Dirk Fieldhouse wrote:
> On 10/01/2021 09:04, jcteyssier wrote:
>> notme@nonospam.org a écrit :
>>> I'm running Windows 10 Pro v20H2
>>>
>>> The problematic site is https://pskreporter.info/pskmap.html
>>>
>>> It's a site with a scale-able map, somewhat similar to Google maps.
>>>
>>> The problem is that when you left-click and hold on the map, you 
>>> should be able to move the map around in the window to center it on a 
>>> desired location. It still works fine with Firefox, but not with 
>>> SeaMonkey v2.53.5.1.
>>>
>>> Ideas? Thanks in advance!
>>>
>>> John
>> win 10 pro 64 here; Seamonkey 2.53.6 beta 1: same here, left click 
>> does nothing (firefox works)
>> No idea "why"
>>
> 
> Same with SM 2.5.3.1 Linux x86.
> 
> This 
> <https://groups.google.com/forum/?_escaped_fragment_=topic/psk-reporter/1riZH91K2fI#!topic/psk-reporter/1riZH91K2fI> 
> seems to be a discussion of a similar problem. The only browser console 
> messages:
> 
> setMapSize(1120, 583)  pskmap.html:132:31
> Resizing map: 1120px != 100% || 458px != 635px  pskmap.html:132:31
> Frag shader error: 0:1(12): warning: extension `GL_ARB_gpu_shader5' 
> unsupported in fragment shader
>    SunLayer.js:531:10
> setMapSize(1120, 583)  pskmap.html:132:31
> 
> The message about GL_ARB_gpu_shader5 seems to be a red herring that 
> could be fixed by 
> <https://hg.mozilla.org/integration/mozilla-inbound/rev/465c8a6fcdcb>.
> 
> The document declares the VML namespace which I thought was 
> unimplemented except in IE <=9, but presumably doesn't use it as it did 
> work, from the link above, until last month.
> 
> I think the site owner will be best placed to help.
> 
> /df

I have reported this to the site owner and he has replied that he is 
aware of the situation. But the site works correctly with Firefox, and 
only has failed to work with SeaMonkey since a recent SeaMonkey update.

I would expect the SeaMonkey development team to be motivated to fix it. 
Don't they have a major goal of making their browser compatible with any 
site that works with Firefox? (Other than sites that specifically 
exclude it though the User Agent string).

John
-- 
Q: What's the quickest way to get a mailbox full of spam?
A: Post a message in any newsgroup using a real email address.

Therefore, please reply in this newsgroup. Thank you.
0
notme
1/11/2021 5:57:55 PM
On 11/01/2021 17:57, notme@nonospam.org wrote:
>...>
> I have reported this to the site owner and he has replied that he is 
> aware of the situation. But the site works correctly with Firefox, and 
> only has failed to work with SeaMonkey since a recent SeaMonkey update.
 > ...

The question is whether it works with an equivalent FF, say 52 or 60 
(Obvs only ESR versions are of interest).

If he can say what it is that isn't working (given that his JS doesn't 
actually report an error with SM) it would be easier for devs to fix.

/df

-- 
London
UK
0
Dirk
1/11/2021 10:51:23 PM
Hi Dick,

I'm not sure how to interpret your reply.

The site works with FF Extended Support Release v78.6.1esr. It works 
with FF v84.0.2. These are the latest versions of both flavors of FF.

I have both of these installed on my system, but don't use them 
regularly because I prefer SeaMonkey.

What it is that isn't working is that left-click and hold on the map is 
supposed to allow you to move the map around in the window to re-center 
it on a location of interest.

How do you think the site owner should be able to determine what the 
SeaMonkey developers changed between v2.49.5 and v2.53.5.1 to make the 
browser incompatible with his site?

Thanks!

John

Dirk Fieldhouse wrote:
> On 11/01/2021 17:57, notme@nonospam.org wrote:
>> ...>
>> I have reported this to the site owner and he has replied that he is 
>> aware of the situation. But the site works correctly with Firefox, and 
>> only has failed to work with SeaMonkey since a recent SeaMonkey update.
>  > ...
> 
> The question is whether it works with an equivalent FF, say 52 or 60 
> (Obvs only ESR versions are of interest).
> 
> If he can say what it is that isn't working (given that his JS doesn't 
> actually report an error with SM) it would be easier for devs to fix.
> 
> /df
> 

-- 
Q: What's the quickest way to get a mailbox full of spam?
A: Post a message in any newsgroup using a real email address.

Therefore, please reply in this newsgroup. Thank you.
0
notme
1/12/2021 4:16:12 PM
On 12/01/2021 16:16, notme@nonospam.org wrote:
> The site works with FF Extended Support Release v78.6.1esr. It works 
> with FF v84.0.2. These are the latest versions of both flavors of FF.

But these are not a good analogue for SeaMonkey 2.53. The codebase is (I 
read) similar to FF 52ESR with fixes and enhancements back-ported from 
later versions. Hence, the interesting test is FF 52 or 60 (possibly 45 
also). I assume the site used to work with those FF versions - does it 
still?

As well as the older FF ESR versions as listed above, you could try SM 
2.53.1 and then if that works, 2.53.2, 2.53.3, 2.53.4, 2.53.5. This 
would help to identify what in the 4000+ changes to SM over that range 
of versions might be causing it not to behave like 2.49.5.

> What it is that isn't working is that left-click and hold on the map is 
> supposed to allow you to move the map around in the window to re-center 
> it on a location of interest.

I also found that neither hovering nor clicking the map pins did 
anything, which I guess must be wrong.

> How do you think the site owner should be able to determine what the 
> SeaMonkey developers changed between v2.49.5 and v2.53.5.1 to make the 
> browser incompatible with his site?

I am guessing that the site owner understands what the site is doing and 
hence has some insight into what may be failing (to cause the left-click 
selection to fail), given that left-click continues to work fine in 
other sites including those with a draggable map. Perhaps there is some 
test version of the site that would provide more detailed logging in the 
browser. Perhaps there is some feature of the G Maps replacement that 
conflicts with SM 2.53.5.1. Perhaps some 3rd party JS has a user-agent 
test for SeaMonkey < 2.50 ... and so on.

Unfortunately this is the kind of compatibility hole that will occur 
when the lunatics (the main browser makers, and G in particular) are 
running the asylum with changing ("innovating") baselines instead of 
properly versioned, independently managed, interface specifications.

/df

-- 
London
UK
0
Dirk
1/12/2021 7:32:07 PM
On 1/12/2021 11:32 AM, Dirk Fieldhouse wrote:
> On 12/01/2021 16:16, notme@nonospam.org wrote:
>> The site works with FF Extended Support Release v78.6.1esr. It works 
>> with FF v84.0.2. These are the latest versions of both flavors of FF.
> 
> But these are not a good analogue for SeaMonkey 2.53. The codebase is (I 
> read) similar to FF 52ESR with fixes and enhancements back-ported from 
> later versions. Hence, the interesting test is FF 52 or 60 (possibly 45 
> also). I assume the site used to work with those FF versions - does it 
> still?

I thought SM v2.53.5.1 was based on Firefox v56 even though its user 
agent says v60 which is misleading (should be using the older version IMO).
-- 
2021 isn't any better so far. :( Note: A fixed width font (Courier, 
Monospace, etc.) is required to see this signature correctly.
    /\___/\                http://aqfl.net & http://antfarm.home.dhs.org
   / /\ /\ \
  | |o   o| |   Axe ANT from its address if shown & e-mailing privately.
     \ _ /       Please kindly use Ant nickname & URL/link if crediting.
      ( )
0
Ant
1/12/2021 7:47:07 PM
On 12/01/2021 19:47, Ant wrote:
>...
> I thought SM v2.53.5.1 was based on Firefox v56 even though its user 
> agent says v60 which is misleading (should be using the older version IMO).

Well, I was sticking with ESR, but I'm sure 56 is the actual base.

/df

-- 
London
UK
0
Dirk
1/12/2021 8:53:18 PM
Dirk Fieldhouse wrote on 13/01/2021 6:32 am:
> On 12/01/2021 16:16, notme@nonospam.org wrote:

<Snip>

>> How do you think the site owner should be able to determine what the 
>> SeaMonkey developers changed between v2.49.5 and v2.53.5.1 to make the 
>> browser incompatible with his site?
> 
> I am guessing that the site owner understands what the site is doing and 
> hence has some insight into what may be failing (to cause the left-click 
> selection to fail), given that left-click continues to work fine in 
> other sites including those with a draggable map. 

Perhaps 'notme' could confirm or otherwise if Google Maps works ....

https://www.google.com/maps/@35.0809196,-105.0034568,5z

Or our emergency services map works ....

https://emergency.vic.gov.au/respond/
-- 
Daniel

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:60.0) Gecko/20100101 
SeaMonkey/2.53.5.1 Build identifier: 20201115194905

Linux User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:52.0) 
Gecko/20100101 SeaMonkey/2.49.1 Build identifier: 20171015235623
0
Daniel
1/13/2021 2:30:27 AM
Google Maps works fine!

Daniel wrote:
> Dirk Fieldhouse wrote on 13/01/2021 6:32 am:
>> On 12/01/2021 16:16, notme@nonospam.org wrote:
> 
> <Snip>
> 
>>> How do you think the site owner should be able to determine what the 
>>> SeaMonkey developers changed between v2.49.5 and v2.53.5.1 to make 
>>> the browser incompatible with his site?
>>
>> I am guessing that the site owner understands what the site is doing 
>> and hence has some insight into what may be failing (to cause the 
>> left-click selection to fail), given that left-click continues to work 
>> fine in other sites including those with a draggable map. 
> 
> Perhaps 'notme' could confirm or otherwise if Google Maps works ....
> 
> https://www.google.com/maps/@35.0809196,-105.0034568,5z
> 
> Or our emergency services map works ....
> 
> https://emergency.vic.gov.au/respond/

-- 
Q: What's the quickest way to get a mailbox full of spam?
A: Post a message in any newsgroup using a real email address.

Therefore, please reply in this newsgroup. Thank you.
0
notme
1/13/2021 1:46:56 PM
notme@nonospam.org wrote on 14/01/21 00:46:
> Daniel wrote:
>> Dirk Fieldhouse wrote on 13/01/2021 6:32 am:
>>> On 12/01/2021 16:16, notme@nonospam.org wrote:
>>
>> <Snip>
>>
>>>> How do you think the site owner should be able to determine what the 
>>>> SeaMonkey developers changed between v2.49.5 and v2.53.5.1 to make 
>>>> the browser incompatible with his site?
>>>
>>> I am guessing that the site owner understands what the site is doing 
>>> and hence has some insight into what may be failing (to cause the 
>>> left-click selection to fail), given that left-click continues to 
>>> work fine in other sites including those with a draggable map. 
>>
>> Perhaps 'notme' could confirm or otherwise if Google Maps works ....
>>
>> https://www.google.com/maps/@35.0809196,-105.0034568,5z
>>
>> Or our emergency services map works ....
>>
>> https://emergency.vic.gov.au/respond/
> 
 > Google Maps works fine!
 >
Ah. Well, hopefully, that might provide another clue to those in the know!
-- 
Daniel

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:60.0) Gecko/20100101 
SeaMonkey/2.53.5.1 Build identifier: 20201115194905

Linux User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:52.0) 
Gecko/20100101 SeaMonkey/2.49.1 Build identifier: 20171015235623
0
Daniel
1/14/2021 6:51:21 AM
Both Google maps and https://emergency.vic.gov.au/respond/ work correctly.

But I've done some experiments since yesterday which have revealed that 
the problem is not the update of SeaMonkey from v2.49.4 to v2.53.5.1.

I have a new laptop running Windows 10 Pro v20H2 which had never had any 
version of SeaMonkey installed on it. I was forcing myself to use 
FireFox and get familiar with the differences in its GUI from SM.

I installed SM v2.53.5.1 on this laptop and confirmed that the problem 
with https://pskreporter.info/pskmap.html was present. I then 
uninstalled that version of SM and installed v2.49.4. The problem was 
still present! I repeated this several times, going back as far as 
v2.30, and all of them had the same problem with this site.

I am extremely embarrassed to have made this error in diagnosing the 
situation and I apologize to everyone who has spent time looking into it.

There still is a problem with SM not functioning correctly with this 
site, but it seems to affect all versions anyone is likely to still be 
using. The problem did appear suddenly around the beginning of December 
2020 on the computer which I use to access this site, but it must have 
been related to either the Windows 10 update to v20H2 or to some change 
the site owner has made.

I have contacted the site owner and provided him with all of this 
information. He is looking into it and I will post an update if he finds 
anything.

John

Daniel wrote:
> Dirk Fieldhouse wrote on 13/01/2021 6:32 am:
>> On 12/01/2021 16:16, notme@nonospam.org wrote:
> 
> <Snip>
> 
>>> How do you think the site owner should be able to determine what the 
>>> SeaMonkey developers changed between v2.49.5 and v2.53.5.1 to make 
>>> the browser incompatible with his site?
>>
>> I am guessing that the site owner understands what the site is doing 
>> and hence has some insight into what may be failing (to cause the 
>> left-click selection to fail), given that left-click continues to work 
>> fine in other sites including those with a draggable map. 
> 
> Perhaps 'notme' could confirm or otherwise if Google Maps works ....
> 
> https://www.google.com/maps/@35.0809196,-105.0034568,5z
> 
> Or our emergency services map works ....
> 
> https://emergency.vic.gov.au/respond/

-- 
Q: What's the quickest way to get a mailbox full of spam?
A: Post a message in any newsgroup using a real email address.

Therefore, please reply in this newsgroup. Thank you.
0
notme
1/14/2021 10:01:39 PM
On 14/01/2021 22:01, notme@nonospam.org wrote:
> 
> ...
> I installed SM v2.53.5.1 on this laptop and confirmed that the problem 
> with https://pskreporter.info/pskmap.html was present. I then 
> uninstalled that version of SM and installed v2.49.4. The problem was 
> still present! I repeated this several times, going back as far as 
> v2.30, and all of them had the same problem with this site.

Your observation makes it all the more relevant to try older Firefox 
versions with the site. I think I tried SM 5.3.5.1 spoofing the user 
agent as Firefox without success, which makes it likely that some site 
JS is testing for a feature that isn't present in SM. As it works with 
the latest ESR, one could try each previous ESR until it doesn't, and 
that might offer a good hint as to what's missing with SM.

> I am extremely embarrassed to have made this error in diagnosing the 
> situation and I apologize to everyone who has spent time looking into it.
 > ...

Very generously put, but who could cast the first stone?

/df

-- 
London
UK
0
Dirk
1/15/2021 10:46:21 AM
-------- Original Message --------
> On 14/01/2021 22:01, notme@nonospam.org wrote:
>>
>> ...
>> I installed SM v2.53.5.1 on this laptop and confirmed that the problem 
>> with https://pskreporter.info/pskmap.html was present. I then 
>> uninstalled that version of SM and installed v2.49.4. The problem was 
>> still present! I repeated this several times, going back as far as 
>> v2.30, and all of them had the same problem with this site.
> 
> Your observation makes it all the more relevant to try older Firefox 
> versions with the site. I think I tried SM 5.3.5.1 spoofing the user 
> agent as Firefox without success, which makes it likely that some site 
> JS is testing for a feature that isn't present in SM. As it works with 
> the latest ESR, one could try each previous ESR until it doesn't, and 
> that might offer a good hint as to what's missing with SM.
> 
>> I am extremely embarrassed to have made this error in diagnosing the 
>> situation and I apologize to everyone who has spent time looking into it.
>  > ...
> 
> Very generously put, but who could cast the first stone?
> 
> /df
> 

The site passes the W3C Validator, which always makes me happy :-)
WAG: Could the site be oriented to touch screen use?
0
meagain
1/16/2021 8:27:20 AM
I'm the author of pskreporter.info and I'm trying to work out why it doesn'=
t work in seamonkey. The root cause appears to be that pointermove events a=
re not being delivered to the application.

In particular, the following test demonstrates the difference between firef=
ox and seamonkey

* Go to https://pskreporter.info/pskmapn?hhhh
* After the page loads, open the developer tools and set in the console 'di=
sable_timers =3D 1' and then wait a couple of seconds.
* Now press break in the source debugger. It should break on the next event
* Now move the mouse into the map area and observe that it does not break.=
=20
* Clicking on the + or - in the top left corner will trigger a break.

In Chrome, you can figure out that it is this element that has the pointerm=
ove event handler:=20
<div class=3D"ol-viewport" style=3D"position: relative; overflow: hidden; w=
idth: 100%; height: 100%;"><div style=3D"position: absolute; width: 100%; h=
eight: 100%; z-index: 0;" class=3D"ol-unselectable ol-layers"><div class=3D=
"ol-layer" style=3D"position: absolute; width: 100%; height: 100%;"><canvas=
 style=3D"position: absolute; left: 0px; transform-origin: left top 0px; tr=
ansform: matrix(1, 0, 0, 1, 0, 0);" width=3D"1848" height=3D"360"></canvas>=
</div></div><div style=3D"position: absolute; z-index: 0; width: 100%; heig=
ht: 100%; pointer-events: none;" class=3D"ol-overlaycontainer"><div class=
=3D"ol-overlay-container ol-selectable" style=3D"position: absolute; pointe=
r-events: auto; display: none;"><div id=3D"popup"></div></div></div><div st=
yle=3D"position: absolute; z-index: 0; width: 100%; height: 100%; pointer-e=
vents: none;" class=3D"ol-overlaycontainer-stopevent"><div style=3D"pointer=
-events: auto;" class=3D"ol-zoom ol-unselectable ol-control"><button class=
=3D"ol-zoom-in" type=3D"button" title=3D"Zoom in">+</button><button class=
=3D"ol-zoom-out" type=3D"button" title=3D"Zoom out">=E2=88=92</button></div=
><div style=3D"pointer-events: auto;" class=3D"ol-rotate ol-unselectable ol=
-control ol-hidden"><button class=3D"ol-rotate-reset" type=3D"button" title=
=3D"Reset rotation"><span class=3D"ol-compass" style=3D"transform: rotate(0=
rad);">=E2=87=A7</span></button></div><div style=3D"pointer-events: auto;" =
class=3D"ol-attribution ol-unselectable ol-control ol-uncollapsible"><ul><l=
i>=C2=A9&nbsp;<a href=3D"https://openmaptiles.org/">OpenMapTiles</a> =C2=A9=
&nbsp;<a href=3D"https://www.openstreetmap.org/copyright">OpenStreetMap con=
tributors</a></li></ul><button type=3D"button" title=3D"Attributions"><span=
 class=3D"ol-attribution-expand">i</span></button></div></div></div>

However I can't tell where the event handler is in seamonkey.=20

I'm running seamonkey 2.53.5.1 and a reasonably current firefox. =20

Maybe what caused the problem was the update of openlayers to v6. I tried m=
oving to the current version (6.5) but it didn't help.=20

Actually, I think that that is the problem. If I use v6.1.1 of ol, then it =
works, v6.5 it doesn't. It seems that I need to spend a few hours with git =
bisect to find what changed.

I can't actually use v6.1.1 as it has issues with certain projections and i=
t triggers canvas rendering bugs that I fixed in later versions.....

Philip



On Saturday, January 16, 2021 at 3:27:26 AM UTC-5, meagain wrote:
> -------- Original Message --------=20
> > On 14/01/2021 22:01, no...@nonospam.org wrote:=20
> >>=20
> >> ...=20
> >> I installed SM v2.53.5.1 on this laptop and confirmed that the problem=
=20
> >> with https://pskreporter.info/pskmap.html was present. I then=20
> >> uninstalled that version of SM and installed v2.49.4. The problem was=
=20
> >> still present! I repeated this several times, going back as far as=20
> >> v2.30, and all of them had the same problem with this site.=20
> >=20
> > Your observation makes it all the more relevant to try older Firefox=20
> > versions with the site. I think I tried SM 5.3.5.1 spoofing the user=20
> > agent as Firefox without success, which makes it likely that some site=
=20
> > JS is testing for a feature that isn't present in SM. As it works with=
=20
> > the latest ESR, one could try each previous ESR until it doesn't, and=
=20
> > that might offer a good hint as to what's missing with SM.=20
> >=20
> >> I am extremely embarrassed to have made this error in diagnosing the=
=20
> >> situation and I apologize to everyone who has spent time looking into =
it.=20
> > > ...=20
> >=20
> > Very generously put, but who could cast the first stone?=20
> >=20
> > /df=20
> >
> The site passes the W3C Validator, which always makes me happy :-)=20
> WAG: Could the site be oriented to touch screen use?
0
Philip
1/16/2021 5:37:10 PM
<snip>
>>>
>> The site passes the W3C Validator, which always makes me happy :-)
>> WAG: Could the site be oriented to touch screen use?

what is the meaning of /WAG/ ?
(I am not a native English speaker)
-- 
GérardJan Vinkesteijn-Rudersdorff

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:60.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/60.0 
SeaMonkey/2.53.3
Build identifier: 20200606200440

If A equals success, then the formula is A = X + Y + Z.
X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut.
         -- Albert Einstein
0
GerardJan
1/16/2021 6:41:05 PM
On 16/01/2021 17:37, Philip Gladstone wrote:

> I'm the author of pskreporter.info and I'm trying to work out why it doesn't work in seamonkey. The root cause appears to be that pointermove events are not being delivered to the application.
> 
> In particular, the following test demonstrates the difference between firefox and seamonkey
> 
> * Go to https://pskreporter.info/pskmapn?hhhh
> * After the page loads, open the developer tools and set in the console 'disable_timers = 1' and then wait a couple of seconds.
> * Now press break in the source debugger. It should break on the next event
> * Now move the mouse into the map area and observe that it does not break.
> * Clicking on the + or - in the top left corner will trigger a break.

SM 2.53.5.1 Linux x86; NoScript 5.1.9.

I loaded the site and enabled JS for pskreporter.info, cdn.polyfill.io, 
cdn.jsdelivr.net, unpkg.com, ajax.googleapis.com, and bootstrapcdn.com. 
Now there's a world map with day/night overlay and lots of pins. In the 
map area, only the +/- and the copyright links are abinding gives this
ctive. The count of reception records at the bottom of the page 
increments continually.

Following steps 2-4, I get a break on step 3 at map_control_oln.js:4363 
(repeatably). Step 4 is as you say. Step 5: no break.

> In Chrome, you can figure out that it is this element that has the pointermove event handler:
> <div class="ol-viewport" style="position: relative; overflow: hidden; width: 100%; height: 100%;">...
> 
> However I can't tell where the event handler is in seamonkey.
>...

In the Inspector tab of the SM dev tools, you should see a little "ev" 
in a black-filled box after each element that has any attached event 
handler.

For me, the same element shows the pointermove event handler as

function(t) {
   this.originalPointerMoveEvent_ = t;
   var e = !(!this.down_ || !this.isMoving_(t));
   this.dispatchEvent(new Da(t.type, this.map_, t, e))
}

If I run the minified ol.js through beautifier.io I find this at line 14776:
                 }, e.prototype.relayEvent_ = function(t) {
                     this.originalPointerMoveEvent_ = t;
		    ...

As you say, the event is obviously not being delivered: maybe some this 
is not being bound as expected or some issue with preventDefault?

HTH

/df

-- 
London
UK
0
Dirk
1/17/2021 12:20:00 AM
Reply: