Problem with Twitter in SeaMonkey

When I visit Twitter with SeaMonkey (latest version on Windows) I get
"Something went wrong." with a "try again" button that does nothing.
It works fine on other browsers on the same machine.

I have tried deleting all the Twitter related cookies and logging in again
fresh and that didn't work.

Anyone else seen this or got any suggestions?
0
Jonathan
1/17/2021 1:37:08 AM
mozilla.support.seamonkey 13721 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

On 1/16/2021 5:37 PM, Jonathan Wilson wrote:
> When I visit Twitter with SeaMonkey (latest version on Windows) I get
> "Something went wrong." with a "try again" button that does nothing.
> It works fine on other browsers on the same machine.
>
> I have tried deleting all the Twitter related cookies and logging in
> again fresh and that didn't work.
>
> Anyone else seen this or got any suggestions?

I noticed Twitter wants send referers to work. Do you have that
disabled? Also, have you tried a new SM profile yet?
--
2021 isn't any better so far. :( Note: A fixed width font (Courier,
Monospace, etc.) is required to see this signature correctly.
  | |o   o| |   Axe ANT from its address if shown & e-mailing privately.
     \ _ /       Please kindly use Ant nickname & URL/link if crediting.
      ( )
0
Ant
1/17/2021 6:19:38 AM
I tried another profile, that didn't help.
And I have referrers turned on.

0
Jonathan
1/17/2021 6:31:16 AM
Jonathan Wilson wrote:
> When I visit Twitter with SeaMonkey (latest version on Windows) I get
> "Something went wrong." with a "try again" button that does nothing.
> It works fine on other browsers on the same machine.
>
> I have tried deleting all the Twitter related cookies and logging in
> again fresh and that didn't work.
>
> Anyone else seen this or got any suggestions?

For me, with SeaMonkey 2.53.5.1 on Linux set to show the user agent as
just SeaMonkey (no Firefox compatibility), https://twitter.com/ shows
"This browser is no longer supported".  If I select "Identify as
SeaMonkey and advertise Firefox compatibility" (which appears to be what
you have), and enable JavaScript for Twitter's domains, it seems to work
as expected - at least for the home page and a couple of feeds I looked
at as a quick check.

 From your user-agent header it looks like you're on SeaMonkey 2.53.5,
so maybe an update to 2.53.5.1 might help.

I don't have an account on Twitter and don't even view it much, so there
may be other parts which don't work, but their home page looks OK to me.

--
Mark.

0
mozilla