No access to Acronis site

When I try to access Acronis.com or its sections with SeaMonkey I get a
503 Service Temporarily Unavailable page.  I use NoScript, but I have
allowed all scripts on the site.  I have to use Edge to view the site.
--
C. Bankston

Cecil
12/29/2020 9:40:10 PM
mozilla.support.seamonkey 13721 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

On 29/12/2020 21:40, Cecil Bankston wrote:
> When I try to access Acronis.com or its sections with SeaMonkey I get a
> 503 Service Temporarily Unavailable page.  I use NoScript, but I have
> allowed all scripts on the site.  I have to use Edge to view the site.

The site is looking for a user-agent string that contains only certain
browser IDs, and SeaMonkey is not on the list. Masquerade as Firefox 56
and it offers the page.

This is not a company that wants your custom.

/df

--
London
UK
Cecil Bankston wrote:
> When I try to access Acronis.com or its sections with SeaMonkey I get a
> 503 Service Temporarily Unavailable page.  I use NoScript, but I have
> allowed all scripts on the site.  I have to use Edge to view the site.

I just logged in to my account.  But, I got a 503 on a second tab when I
tried to read the new "Terms".

0
Ray
12/30/2020 5:55:25 PM
Cecil Bankston wrote:
> When I try to access Acronis.com or its sections with SeaMonkey I get a
> 503 Service Temporarily Unavailable page.  I use NoScript, but I have
> allowed all scripts on the site.  I have to use Edge to view the site.

It does branch based on the user agent string, but I think there's also
a misconfiguration going on at their end.

503 usually means there's a proxy server that's become disconnected.

If you set the user agent to just 'Mozilla/5.0' it doesn't give that
error anymore.

If you have a way to contact them, it would be worth reporting it.

--
Gerry Hickman (London UK)
0
Gerry Hickman wrote:
> Cecil Bankston wrote:
>> When I try to access Acronis.com or its sections with SeaMonkey I get
>> a 503 Service Temporarily Unavailable page.  I use NoScript, but I
>> have allowed all scripts on the site.  I have to use Edge to view the
>> site.
>
> It does branch based on the user agent string, but I think there's also
> a misconfiguration going on at their end.
>
> 503 usually means there's a proxy server that's become disconnected.
>
> If you set the user agent to just 'Mozilla/5.0' it doesn't give that
> error anymore.
>
> If you have a way to contact them, it would be worth reporting it.

Thanks.  Switching to the Mozilla/5.0 user agent worked.

--
C. Bankston

Cecil
1/1/2021 5:44:07 PM
Cecil Bankston wrote on 2/01/2021 4:44 am:
> Gerry Hickman wrote:
>> Cecil Bankston wrote:
>>> When I try to access Acronis.com or its sections with SeaMonkey I get
>>> a 503 Service Temporarily Unavailable page.  I use NoScript, but I
>>> have allowed all scripts on the site.  I have to use Edge to view the
>>> site.
>>
>> It does branch based on the user agent string, but I think there's
>> also a misconfiguration going on at their end.
>>
>> 503 usually means there's a proxy server that's become disconnected.
>>
>> If you set the user agent to just 'Mozilla/5.0' it doesn't give that
>> error anymore.
>>
>> If you have a way to contact them, it would be worth reporting it.
>>
> Thanks.  Switching to the Mozilla/5.0 user agent worked.

WOW!! So that's enough to satisfy their Browser Sniffing!! One wonders
why they bother!!
--
Daniel

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:60.0) Gecko/20100101
SeaMonkey/2.53.5.1 Build identifier: 20201115194905

Linux User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:52.0)
Gecko/20100101 SeaMonkey/2.49.1 Build identifier: 20171015235623
0
Daniel
1/2/2021 8:37:09 AM
I've been having similar problems with Acronis.  Tried differing useragents=
 as well. It works mostly with some but, still ends up with the 503 in the =
lower left section anyway. I'm using this one for a number of sites;
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:70.0) Gecko/20201001 Firefox/8=
4.1 SeaMonkey/2.53.5.1

It seems to work well.  The previous useragent I have still saved on most e=
ntries is;
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:46.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/70.0

I have used whatever the newest ms Edge is a few times and even have Firefo=
x installed since I would guess it's a little more secure. I feel that Seam=
onkey is more secure than either though. I really hope that Mozilla hangs i=
n there. I've seen disturbing articles recently about Mozilla.  If it's in =
your realm of possibility .. even if only to help keep 'em going.. you migh=
t consider buying a year of their VPN, or making a donation.  Same towards =
Seamonkey too.  I have in both instances.. not a lot but, something.

Seamonkey is what I consider to be the current heir to the browser ancestry=
... Mosaic/Netscape/Mozilla/Seamonkey .. I think AOL still has the rights to=
 the Netscape name.. it'd be nice if they would just let Seamonkey have tho=
se rights.  The Netscape site.. *meh, it's like swept under the rug in a fa=
r corner of the internet.
Sorry for rambling.
~Myr
..end.trans.