Facebook Changing To Mobile?

I'm getting this message on Facebook on one of my laptops:
"Unsupported Browser
You're using a browser that isn't supported by Facebook, so we've
redirected you to a simpler version to give you the best experience."

It directs me to m.facebook for mobile browsers. How do I get normal
facebook on this laptop? This never happened on my other PC's.
0
Tom
11/28/2020 9:49:11 PM
mozilla.support.seamonkey 13721 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Tom Pamin wrote:
> I'm getting this message on Facebook on one of my laptops:
> "Unsupported Browser
> You're using a browser that isn't supported by Facebook, so we've
> redirected you to a simpler version to give you the best experience."
>
> It directs me to m.facebook for mobile browsers. How do I get normal
> facebook on this laptop? This never happened on my other PC's.

Are the other PC's running the same version of SM?

0
Paul
11/29/2020 12:23:08 AM
Paul in Houston, TX wrote:
> Tom Pamin wrote:
>> I'm getting this message on Facebook on one of my laptops:
>> "Unsupported Browser
>> You're using a browser that isn't supported by Facebook, so we've
>> redirected you to a simpler version to give you the best experience."
>>
>> It directs me to m.facebook for mobile browsers. How do I get normal
>> facebook on this laptop? This never happened on my other PC's.
>
> Are the other PC's running the same version of SM?

I had a facebook override in about:config. Deleted it and facebook is
now normal.
0
Thomas
11/29/2020 2:58:38 PM
Thomas Pamin wrote:
> Paul in Houston, TX wrote:
>> Tom Pamin wrote:
>>> I'm getting this message on Facebook on one of my laptops:
>>> "Unsupported Browser
>>> You're using a browser that isn't supported by Facebook, so we've
>>> redirected you to a simpler version to give you the best experience."
>>>
>>> It directs me to m.facebook for mobile browsers. How do I get normal
>>> facebook on this laptop? This never happened on my other PC's.
>>
>> Are the other PC's running the same version of SM?
>>
> I had a facebook override in about:config. Deleted it and facebook is
> now normal.

What was the key name? I don't see it in my about:config

I use Facebook Purity (FBP) and the display of the pages in FB is due to
an algorithm FB changed. The FBP site also offers a temp workaround on
their revertsite.com. BUT - it does not always work for everyone and it
will stop working for you after a certain amount of time.

I have tried in Firefox and Chrome and the new Edge. FB made the changes
unilaterally and I don't see the functionality coming back. As it is
(for me), I do not like th epush to make things look like the mobile
app. I like the customization FBP gave me in controlling what I WANTED
to see and not what Zuck wanted us to see.
0
Zeb
1/5/2021 4:10:44 AM
Zeb Carter wrote:
> Thomas Pamin wrote:
>> Paul in Houston, TX wrote:

>>> Are the other PC's running the same version of SM?
>>>
>> I had a facebook override in about:config. Deleted it and facebook is
>> now normal.
>
> What was the key name? I don't see it in my about:config
>
> I use Facebook Purity (FBP) and the display of the pages in FB is due to
> an algorithm FB changed. The FBP site also offers a temp workaround on
> their revertsite.com. BUT - it does not always work for everyone and it
> will stop working for you after a certain amount of time.
>
> I have tried in Firefox and Chrome and the new Edge. FB made the changes
> unilaterally and I don't see the functionality coming back. As it is
> (for me), I do not like th epush to make things look like the mobile
> app. I like the customization FBP gave me in controlling what I WANTED
> to see and not what Zuck wanted us to see.

Not sure the exact line in about:config, but it definitley had facebook
listed in the line.

0
Thomas