Can't Send Email using Verizon Email with SM. OE6 works okay.

I am trying to setup SM 1.1.11 to work with Verizon email. Reading email
works but sending does not. When I try to send with SM, I get the following:

"Send Message Error. Sending of message failed. The message could not be
because connecting to SMTP server outgoing.verizon.net failed. ...."

I am able to get the send to work in OE6 with the following settings:

OE6

Outgoing port = 25
"Server requires SSL" is not checked

"Outgoing Server requires authentication" IS checked

Settings "Use same settings as my incoming server" IS checked

SM

Server name = outgoing.verizon.net
        port = 25

Security and Authentication

"Use Name and password" IS checked
"Use Secure Connection" NO is checked

Any ideas on how to setup SM to work with Verizon SMTP?
0
Arnie
7/23/2008 5:25:15 PM
mozilla.support.seamonkey 13721 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

4 Replies
1034 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 31
Get it on Google Play
Get it on Apple App Store

On or about 7/23/2008 1:25 PM, Arnie Goetchius typed the following:
> I am trying to setup SM 1.1.11 to work with Verizon email. Reading email
> works but sending does not. When I try to send with SM, I get the
> following:
> 
> "Send Message Error. Sending of message failed. The message could not be
> because connecting to SMTP server outgoing.verizon.net failed. ...."
> 
> I am able to get the send to work in OE6 with the following settings:
> 
> OE6
> 
> Outgoing port = 25
> "Server requires SSL" is not checked
> 
> "Outgoing Server requires authentication" IS checked
> 
> Settings "Use same settings as my incoming server" IS checked
> 
> SM
> 
> Server name = outgoing.verizon.net
>        port = 25
> 
> Security and Authentication
> 
> "Use Name and password" IS checked
> "Use Secure Connection" NO is checked
> 
> Any ideas on how to setup SM to work with Verizon SMTP?

Using SM1.1.11 WinXP Pro 3.
Server name =outgoing.verizon.net   port 25
Use user name and password
Use TLS (If Available)

I assume you have the correct "User Name" in the box?


-- 
Ed
http://tinyurl.com/66kfle

It is a lot easier to form an opinion
when you only have a few of the facts.
0
Ed
7/23/2008 5:39:59 PM
Ed Jones wrote:
> On or about 7/23/2008 1:25 PM, Arnie Goetchius typed the following:
>> I am trying to setup SM 1.1.11 to work with Verizon email. Reading email
>> works but sending does not. When I try to send with SM, I get the
>> following:
>>
>> "Send Message Error. Sending of message failed. The message could not be
>> because connecting to SMTP server outgoing.verizon.net failed. ...."
>>
>> I am able to get the send to work in OE6 with the following settings:
>>
>> OE6
>>
>> Outgoing port = 25
>> "Server requires SSL" is not checked
>>
>> "Outgoing Server requires authentication" IS checked
>>
>> Settings "Use same settings as my incoming server" IS checked
>>
>> SM
>>
>> Server name = outgoing.verizon.net
>>        port = 25
>>
>> Security and Authentication
>>
>> "Use Name and password" IS checked
>> "Use Secure Connection" NO is checked
>>
>> Any ideas on how to setup SM to work with Verizon SMTP?
> 
> Using SM1.1.11 WinXP Pro 3.
> Server name =outgoing.verizon.net   port 25
> Use user name and password
> Use TLS (If Available)
> 
> I assume you have the correct "User Name" in the box?
> 
> 

You may have assumed wrong ;) I had put in arnie.goetchius in the User 
Name. Changing that to Arnie Goetchius now gets me to the request for 
password screen. However, the password I am using is not working. It's 
the same password I use to access webmail.verizon.net so I'm scratching 
my head as to what to do next.
0
Arnie
7/23/2008 5:57:10 PM
Arnie Goetchius wrote:
> Ed Jones wrote:
>> On or about 7/23/2008 1:25 PM, Arnie Goetchius typed the following:
>>> I am trying to setup SM 1.1.11 to work with Verizon email. Reading email
>>> works but sending does not. When I try to send with SM, I get the
>>> following:
>>>
>>> "Send Message Error. Sending of message failed. The message could not be
>>> because connecting to SMTP server outgoing.verizon.net failed. ...."
>>>
>>> I am able to get the send to work in OE6 with the following settings:
>>>
>>> OE6
>>>
>>> Outgoing port = 25
>>> "Server requires SSL" is not checked
>>>
>>> "Outgoing Server requires authentication" IS checked
>>>
>>> Settings "Use same settings as my incoming server" IS checked
>>>
>>> SM
>>>
>>> Server name = outgoing.verizon.net
>>>        port = 25
>>>
>>> Security and Authentication
>>>
>>> "Use Name and password" IS checked
>>> "Use Secure Connection" NO is checked
>>>
>>> Any ideas on how to setup SM to work with Verizon SMTP?
>>
>> Using SM1.1.11 WinXP Pro 3.
>> Server name =outgoing.verizon.net   port 25
>> Use user name and password
>> Use TLS (If Available)
>>
>> I assume you have the correct "User Name" in the box?
>>
>>
> 
> You may have assumed wrong ;) I had put in arnie.goetchius in the User 
> Name. Changing that to Arnie Goetchius now gets me to the request for 
> password screen. However, the password I am using is not working. It's 
> the same password I use to access webmail.verizon.net so I'm scratching 
> my head as to what to do next.

Okay, it is now working. I changed it back to arnie.goetchius and 
everything works okay. Don't know what the original problem was but just 
re-typing the correct "User Name" seems to have worked.
0
Arnie
7/23/2008 6:02:51 PM
On or about 7/23/2008 2:02 PM, Arnie Goetchius typed the following:
> Arnie Goetchius wrote:
>> Ed Jones wrote:
>>> On or about 7/23/2008 1:25 PM, Arnie Goetchius typed the following:
>>>> I am trying to setup SM 1.1.11 to work with Verizon email. Reading
>>>> email
>>>> works but sending does not. When I try to send with SM, I get the
>>>> following:
>>>>
>>>> "Send Message Error. Sending of message failed. The message could
>>>> not be
>>>> because connecting to SMTP server outgoing.verizon.net failed. ...."
>>>>
>>>> I am able to get the send to work in OE6 with the following settings:
>>>>
>>>> OE6
>>>>
>>>> Outgoing port = 25
>>>> "Server requires SSL" is not checked
>>>>
>>>> "Outgoing Server requires authentication" IS checked
>>>>
>>>> Settings "Use same settings as my incoming server" IS checked
>>>>
>>>> SM
>>>>
>>>> Server name = outgoing.verizon.net
>>>>        port = 25
>>>>
>>>> Security and Authentication
>>>>
>>>> "Use Name and password" IS checked
>>>> "Use Secure Connection" NO is checked
>>>>
>>>> Any ideas on how to setup SM to work with Verizon SMTP?
>>>
>>> Using SM1.1.11 WinXP Pro 3.
>>> Server name =outgoing.verizon.net   port 25
>>> Use user name and password
>>> Use TLS (If Available)
>>>
>>> I assume you have the correct "User Name" in the box?
>>>
>>>
>>
>> You may have assumed wrong ;) I had put in arnie.goetchius in the User
>> Name. Changing that to Arnie Goetchius now gets me to the request for
>> password screen. However, the password I am using is not working. It's
>> the same password I use to access webmail.verizon.net so I'm
>> scratching my head as to what to do next.
> 
> Okay, it is now working. I changed it back to arnie.goetchius and
> everything works okay. Don't know what the original problem was but just
> re-typing the correct "User Name" seems to have worked.

Ah, perhaps an invisible character the first time.

-- 

http://tinyurl.com/66kfle

"No matter how much cats fight, there always seems to be
 plenty of kittens."                    -Abraham Lincoln (1809-1865)
0
Ed
7/24/2008 12:45:07 AM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

A problem to send email using Smtp
I have a proble to send an email from asp.net I do the following code to send an email: MailMessage mail=new MailMessage(); mail.From="test@server.com"; mail.To="myemailaddress@server.com"; mail.BodyFormat=MailFormat.Html; mail.Subject="testing..."; mail.Body="cool"; SmtpMail.SmtpServer="localhost"; SmtpMail.Send(mail); But I dont' receive an email when I use this method. Why is that? How can I send an email? Thanks in advance! check and see if.. -your client-side code has no errors -you imported the S...

SM 2.0 Can't Get Email, But Can Send Email
I've just installed SeaMonkey 2.0, imported all my old data, and started the new version. I have a couple of problems/questions: 1. I can send email, but when I click on the Get Msgs/Get All New Messages menu item, nothing happens. No status messages in the footer to show any activity, and the messages I can see in my webmail account inbox are not downloaded. If I start the old version it downloads the messages just fine. 2. When I start the email app, no folder is selected, so my Inbox emails don't appear in the right pane until I select the Inbox folder. I used to...

Two things,Why do I keep getting emails that I don't want. can't get rid of them? Why can't I get my email when I am out of town? Or can I?
Name: Ed Leech Email: ELCraftatzoominternetdotnet Product: Thunderbird Summary: Two things,Why do I keep getting emails that I don't want. can't get rid of them? Why can't I get my email when I am out of town? Or can I? Comments: I am getting frusted with all the emails coming in that I do not want, I am using the tools to get thme out but they keep coming. They just use different names or whatever. I have been thinking of just switching to something else but my business intrusts know this email and it is tooo confusing to change. Every time I go out of town on bu...

WindowsApplication can send email,but WebApplication can't send,and don't show error.
WindowsApplication can send email,but WebApplication can't send,and don't show error. this is code Dim strBody As String = "This is the body..." Dim OLApp As New outlook.Application() Dim msg As outlook.MailItem msg = OLApp.CreateItem(outlook.OlItemType.olMailItem) msg.To = "sbzhong@cclmotors.com" msg.Subject = "Automated e-mail" msg.Body = strBody CType(msg, outlook._MailItem).Send() ...

There was an error sending mail from 'bugzilla maintainer email' to 'bugzilla user email': Couldn't connect to email.company.com
hi, when users submit new tickets, they receive the this error: There was an error sending mail from 'bugzilla maintainer email' to 'bugzilla user email': Couldn't connect to email.company.com Traceback: at Bugzilla/Mailer.pm line 190 Bugzilla::Mailer::MessageToMTA(...) called at Bugzilla/BugMail.pm line 370 Bugzilla::BugMail::sendMail(...) called at Bugzilla/BugMail.pm line 272 Bugzilla::BugMail::Send(...) called at /srv/www/htdocs/bugzilla/post_bug.cgi line 226 We are running bugzilla version 4.2.1 on Linux using smtp settings with authenticated user ...

Can't install Email-Send & Can't access Bugzilla in Browser
Hi All I am facing this problem for many days now and actually am stuck at this point can somebody please help me in resolving this (platform is Windows Server 2003, perl 5.8.8, Apache 2.2.4) 1) When I runchecksetup.pl command it give me error that Email Send and Emil MIME Modifier are not installed ..... I followed the instructions and run the commands but am unable to install these two C:\Bugzilla\bugzilla-3.0>ppm install Email-Send Downloading ActiveState Package Repository packlist...not modified Downloading theory58S packlist...redirect Downloading theory58S packlist...

can't send email or write, reply or forward...incoming is all blurred & can't read it
Name: Ellen Wood Email: sienna8841at1gotodotcom Product: Thunderbird Summary: can't send email or write, reply or forward...incoming is all blurred & can't read it Comments: Please send me back some info. to help me get back on my thunderbird...I can only receive mail, but can't even see it to read it. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Win98; en-US; rv:1.8.0.8) Gecko/20061025 Firefox/1.5.0.8 ...

Can't send emails to non-local email accounts
I'm really pissed at this now, I have been trying my best to research for the reason why this following method of mine doesn't send emails to non-local email accounts?? The method is as very well-known one as follows:  1 Sub SEM(ByVal from As String, ByVal recepient As String, ByVal subject As String, ByVal body As String, Optional ByVal bcc As String = "", Optional ByVal cc As String = "") 2 3 Try 4 ' Instantiate a new instance of MailMessage 5 Dim mMailMessage As New System.Net.Mail.MailMess...

Can't find some packages, Email-MIME-Modifier or Email-Send
I am trying to install 3.0rc1 version of bugzilla and I am missing two required packages that when I run ppm install on them it gives the following error ppm install Email-MIME-Modifier ppm install failed: Can't find any package that provide Email-MIME-Modifier ppm install Email-Send no missing packages to install So i can not get bugzilla up and running at this time On Thu, 26 Apr 2007 11:52:17 -0500 "James" <blackman.james@gmail.com> wrote: > I am trying to install 3.0rc1 version of bugzilla and I am missing two > required packages that when ...

I can't get the Support Email to work
I am going through the Getting Started section. I am on the "Sending Email with ASP.net" I have follwed the instructions to the point where is says to run the app. I cannot. I click F5 and nothing happens. I click the Run button in the top toolbar and still it does not run the built-in testing server. What am I doing wrong? What should I check to ensure that things are setup correctly? I would be of great help if you told us in what environment you are working; VS.Net, Webmatrix, Whidbey.RegardsAndre Colbiornsen ---------------------------------Seventh DayRåbygatan 1A...

sendAsync email with 'sending email' screen and 'email sent' screen
hi i have written my first sendAsync contact form that sends me an email and it works fine. and when the sendCompletedCallback event is fired the contact form is set to display:none and screen is shown that says message sent. i am planning on adding an intermediate 'sending email' screen. is this a good idea is it necacery? can this only be done by calling a javascript function from the form's button's onclick event handler? or can it be done in the code behind by sending a response to the submitted form straight away before it is processed and then sending another when the e...

Why can't I send email using client.SendAsync()
I try to send email using client.SendAsync(), but  I get the error below, why? thanks! Asynchronous operations are not allowed in this context. Page starting an asynchronous operation has to have the Async attribute set to true and an asynchronous operation can only be started on a page prior to PreRenderComplete event. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.InvalidOperationException: Asynchronous oper...

Can't send email in Seamonkey 2.0
I just upgraded to Seamonkey 2.0. I like it for its mail feature. But now, when I try to send an email I get this message: Sending of message failed. An error occurred sending mail: Unable to authenticate to SMTP server smtp.earthlink.net. It does not support authentication (SMTP-AUTH) but you have chosen to use authentication. Uncheck 'Use name and password' for that server or contact your service provider. I'm using Earthlink.net and have tried to figure out how to correct this but to no avail. They're not interested in helping problems with Seamonkey. marstokyo ...

Can't send email from hotmail using the full version
Name: carolyn3684 Email: carolynb109athotmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Can't send email from hotmail using the full version Comments: I get an error message from hotmail when I try to send email using the full version. I can only use the classic version when using firefox. I have no problem sending email from Internet Explorer. This started about the time I updated to Firefox 3 Probably about three or four days before. The error message said there was an error at sign in. I deleted the cookies and browsing history like it said but it didn't help.As I love...

Web resources about - Can't Send Email using Verizon Email with SM. OE6 works okay. - mozilla.support.seamonkey

Resources last updated: 12/15/2015 5:12:22 PM