ARD Mediathek: Page contents vanishes after few seconds

Hi,

new effect with my
installed unofficial (by wg9s) De SeaMonkey 2.53.6 beta 1 pre
Mozilla/5.0  (NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:60.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/60.0
Build 20201115220004 (Newly created User Profile, Default Classic Theme)
on German WIN7 64bit, worked until few days ago.

STR:
1. visit https://www.ardmediathek.de/ard/#
    » Expected: Heading, heading picture and many thumbnails for contents
      shown
      Actual: contents appears, but vanishes after 1 second or so.

a) works fine with FF
b) Error console shows tons of warnings, but no error
c) I also tried older 2.49 version, same effect.
d) I did not find an obvious DUP with
<https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/buglist.cgi?cmdtype=dorem&remaction=run&namedcmd=ContentsVanishes&sharer_id=41036>

e) Any Ideas for a workaround?
e1) User Agent manipulations did not work

Any ideas concerning the reasons? May be I should file a Bug?

CU

Rainer

0
Rainer
1/10/2021 3:52:41 PM
mozilla.support.seamonkey 13721 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

On 10.01.2021 16:52, Rainer Bielefeld wrote:
> 1. visit https://www.ardmediathek.de/ard/#
>    » Expected: Heading, heading picture and many thumbnails for contents
>      shown
>      Actual: contents appears, but vanishes after 1 second or so.

Looks like something with Javascript. If you disable Javascript or just
block https://www.ardmediathek.de/main.940c64ac.js, the page doesn't
disappear. You can then navigate to the program you want to see, then
re-enable Javascript and watch.
0
mike
1/10/2021 4:22:11 PM
On 1/10/2021 10:22 AM, mike wrote:
> On 10.01.2021 16:52, Rainer Bielefeld wrote:
>> 1. visit https://www.ardmediathek.de/ard/#
>>  =C2=A0=C2=A0 =C2=BB Expected: Heading, heading picture and many thumb=
nails for contents
>>  =C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0 shown
>>  =C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0 Actual: contents appears, but vanishes after=
 1 second or so.
>=20
> Looks like something with Javascript. If you disable Javascript or just=

> block https://www.ardmediathek.de/main.940c64ac.js, the page doesn't
> disappear. You can then navigate to the program you want to see, then
> re-enable Javascript and watch.
>=20

Open Developer Tools (Ctrl+Shift+I) and select the Console tab.  There=20
are numerous Javascript TypeError messages where the code references=20
objects not recognized by SeaMonkey.

Lem Johnson

0
Lemuel
1/10/2021 5:05:52 PM
Lemuel Johnson schrieb:
> objects not recognized by SeaMonkey

So it is:

Laden fehlgeschlagen für das <script> mit der Quelle
"https://script.ioam.de/iam.js?n=iom,iomstream".  ard:610
Laden fehlgeschlagen für das <script> mit der Quelle
"https://de-config.sensic.net/sui-connector.js".  ard:611
Laden fehlgeschlagen für das <script> mit der Quelle
"https://cdn.bunchbox.co/5eaa89b768d5fd26856fc66e.min.js".  ard:612
🔢 Version: 2.5.10-1 📦 Commit: cefbd2b
  🕙 BuildDate: 15.12.2020, 11:33:11  main.940c64ac.js:2126:1
TypeError: e.prevAll(...).eq is not a function
Stack-Trace:
updateSlidesClasses@https://www.ardmediathek.de/main.940c64ac.js:1957:7
slideTo@https://www.ardmediathek.de/main.940c64ac.js:2001:219
C</i.update@https://www.ardmediathek.de/main.940c64ac.js:2114:308
Fe/</<@https://www.ardmediathek.de/main.940c64ac.js:5626:55
Fe/<@https://www.ardmediathek.de/main.940c64ac.js:5626:27
is@https://www.ardmediathek.de/main.940c64ac.js:4391:11
gl@https://www.ardmediathek.de/main.940c64ac.js:4660:78
t.unstable_runWithPriority@https://www.ardmediathek.de/main.940c64ac.js:4869:12
Bi@https://www.ardmediathek.de/main.940c64ac.js:4033:62
ml@https://www.ardmediathek.de/main.940c64ac.js:4655:14
hl/<@https://www.ardmediathek.de/main.940c64ac.js:4654:81
F@https://www.ardmediathek.de/main.940c64ac.js:4853:7
O.port1.onmessage@https://www.ardmediathek.de/main.940c64ac.js:4833:5
   main.940c64ac.js:4383:5
TypeError: e.prevAll(...).eq is not a function[Weitere Informationen]
main.940c64ac.js:1957:7

What ever that might mean.

Disabling Javascript shows some contents, but prevents SM from loading
more elements than the first ones.

CU

Rainer
0
Rainer
1/10/2021 6:45:54 PM
On 10/01/2021 18:45, Rainer Bielefeld wrote:
> Lemuel Johnson schrieb:
>> objects not recognized by SeaMonkey
>
> So it is:
>
> Laden fehlgeschlagen für das <script> mit der Quelle
> "https://script.ioam.de/iam.js?n=iom,iomstream".  ard:610
> Laden fehlgeschlagen für das <script> mit der Quelle
> "https://de-config.sensic.net/sui-connector.js".  ard:611
> Laden fehlgeschlagen für das <script> mit der Quelle
> "https://cdn.bunchbox.co/5eaa89b768d5fd26856fc66e.min.js".  ard:612
> 🔢 Version: 2.5.10-1 📦 Commit: cefbd2b
>   🕙 BuildDate: 15.12.2020, 11:33:11  main.940c64ac.js:2126:1
> TypeError: e.prevAll(...).eq is not a function
> Stack-Trace:
> updateSlidesClasses@https://www.ardmediathek.de/main.940c64ac.js:1957:7
> slideTo@https://www.ardmediathek.de/main.940c64ac.js:2001:219
> C</i.update@https://www.ardmediathek.de/main.940c64ac.js:2114:308
> Fe/</<@https://www.ardmediathek.de/main.940c64ac.js:5626:55
> Fe/<@https://www.ardmediathek.de/main.940c64ac.js:5626:27
> is@https://www.ardmediathek.de/main.940c64ac.js:4391:11
> gl@https://www.ardmediathek.de/main.940c64ac.js:4660:78
> t.unstable_runWithPriority@https://www.ardmediathek.de/main.940c64ac.js:4869:12
>
> Bi@https://www.ardmediathek.de/main.940c64ac.js:4033:62
> ml@https://www.ardmediathek.de/main.940c64ac.js:4655:14
> hl/<@https://www.ardmediathek.de/main.940c64ac.js:4654:81
> F@https://www.ardmediathek.de/main.940c64ac.js:4853:7
> O.port1.onmessage@https://www.ardmediathek.de/main.940c64ac.js:4833:5
>    main.940c64ac.js:4383:5
> TypeError: e.prevAll(...).eq is not a function[Weitere Informationen]
> main.940c64ac.js:1957:7
>
> What ever that might mean.
>
> Disabling Javascript shows some contents, but prevents SM from loading
> more elements than the first ones.

prevAll(), nextAll() and eq() are jQuery methods (get the list of
previous/subsequent siblings of a DOM element, get the nth item of a
list), but jQuery does not seem to be in use. The message is saying that
e is defined, as is e.prevAll(), but e.prevAll().eq is not a function;
maybe the prevAll() and nextAll() methods are defined in the loaded JS.
In the debugger the error may not be reproducible depending on timing. I
guess the variable e is meant to be a slide object representing one of
the shows in the promotional slideshow. Maybe the problem is in the
support code from bunchbox.co? ioam.de and de-config.sensic.net seem to
be trackers whose JS would not be useful to the browser user. At any
rate the site is just a JS version of what used to be done with Flash,
and none the better for it.

/df

--
London
UK
On 11.01.2021 12:56, Dirk Fieldhouse wrote:
> prevAll(), nextAll() and eq() are jQuery methods (get the list of
> previous/subsequent siblings of a DOM element, get the nth item of a
> list), but jQuery does not seem to be in use.

No, actually it seems to be object-assign
(https://github.com/sindresorhus/object-assign) accoding to
https://www.ardmediathek.de/main.940c64ac.js.LICENSE.txt.

Those methods seem to be defined like this:

var m = {
        eq: function(e) {
            if (void 0 === e) return this
            var t = this.length
            if (e > t - 1) return f([])
            if (e < 0) {
                var n = t + e
                return f(n < 0 ? [] : [this[n]])
            }
            return f([this[e]])
        },
}

And then probably made available through

    Object.keys(m).forEach((function(e) {
        f.fn[e] = m[e]
    }))

But all this is way beyond my JS knowledge.
0
mike
1/11/2021 3:46:25 PM
On 11/01/2021 15:46, mike wrote:
> On 11.01.2021 12:56, Dirk Fieldhouse wrote:
>> prevAll(), nextAll() and eq() are jQuery methods (get the list of
>> previous/subsequent siblings of a DOM element, get the nth item of a
>> list), but jQuery does not seem to be in use.
>
> No, actually it seems to be object-assign
> (https://github.com/sindresorhus/object-assign) according to
> https://www.ardmediathek.de/main.940c64ac.js.LICENSE.txt.
Well, not that exactly: Object.assign() is natively implemented by SM.

It's some other stuff that's included in the main.940c64ac.js. It
doesn't seem to be any of the React JS components whose licences are
listed; it looks like this is also included
<https://github.com/styled-components/styled-components/tree/v5.2.0>, as
well as stuff that's clearly specific to the ARD application (lists of
German channels, etc).

> But all this is way beyond my JS knowledge.
+1

/df

--
London