Feedback for Support Firefox day 3

Hey guys,

Left this one til last.  What would be the best way to get feedback from
people who went to SFD 3? should we add a feedback box at the bottom, or a
link to an email?  Nothing too formal this time, but we want to get people's
thoughts on the day of.  Link to a forum thread maybe?
0
Majken
6/20/2008 7:25:51 AM
mozilla.support.planning 663 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Majken Connor wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> Left this one til last.  What would be the best way to get feedback from
> people who went to SFD 3? should we add a feedback box at the bottom, or a
> link to an email?  Nothing too formal this time, but we want to get people's
> thoughts on the day of.  Link to a forum thread maybe?

How about a blog post where we encourage people to leave comments or add
a trackback to their own blogs? I think encouraging people to blog about
it would definitely lead to a lot of good publicity, if we can convince
people to do that.

A discussion thread in the contributor forum would also be a good
solution if we're just looking for the feedback aspect alone. That way
people get a SUMO account.

David
0
David
6/20/2008 11:51:12 AM
On Jun 20, 7:51=A0am, David Tenser <djst.mozi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Majken Connor wrote:
> > Hey guys,
>
> > Left this one til last. =A0What would be the best way to get feedback f=
rom
> > people who went to SFD 3? should we add a feedback box at the bottom, o=
r a
> > link to an email? =A0Nothing too formal this time, but we want to get p=
eople's
> > thoughts on the day of. =A0Link to a forum thread maybe?
>
> How about a blog post where we encourage people to leave comments or add
> a trackback to their own blogs? I think encouraging people to blog about
> it would definitely lead to a lot of good publicity, if we can convince
> people to do that.
>
> A discussion thread in the contributor forum would also be a good
> solution if we're just looking for the feedback aspect alone. That way
> people get a SUMO account.
>
> David

We could add a feedback form to the SFD3 page, similar to the tracker
we used for pledges.  We got 69 pledges prior to the event this time,
much more than the 19 people that signed up last time, so we might
want to consider a followup.  For example, we could ask questions such
as "Rate the day overall from 1-10", which area(s) each user helped
with, whether the user plans on returning, provide a space for
comments, and ask whether the user wants e-mail reminders of future
SFD events.
0
google
6/20/2008 1:12:38 PM
On Fri, Jun 20, 2008 at 9:12 AM, <google@zzxc.net> wrote:

> On Jun 20, 7:51 am, David Tenser <djst.mozi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Majken Connor wrote:
> > > Hey guys,
> >
> > > Left this one til last.  What would be the best way to get feedback
> from
> > > people who went to SFD 3? should we add a feedback box at the bottom,
> or a
> > > link to an email?  Nothing too formal this time, but we want to get
> people's
> > > thoughts on the day of.  Link to a forum thread maybe?
> >
> > How about a blog post where we encourage people to leave comments or add
> > a trackback to their own blogs? I think encouraging people to blog about
> > it would definitely lead to a lot of good publicity, if we can convince
> > people to do that.
> >
> > A discussion thread in the contributor forum would also be a good
> > solution if we're just looking for the feedback aspect alone. That way
> > people get a SUMO account.
> >
> > David
>
> We could add a feedback form to the SFD3 page, similar to the tracker
> we used for pledges.  We got 69 pledges prior to the event this time,
> much more than the 19 people that signed up last time, so we might
> want to consider a followup.  For example, we could ask questions such
> as "Rate the day overall from 1-10", which area(s) each user helped
> with, whether the user plans on returning, provide a space for
> comments, and ask whether the user wants e-mail reminders of future
> SFD events.

zzxc,

Yes this is more what I was thinking about.  Though can we get around the
error we were having with the pledge form?

David,

We really want to have this in site to catch as many people as possible.
Even if they blog about it we might never find it, and if we blog about it
people who were here today might not ever find it either.
0
Majken
6/20/2008 3:52:24 PM
Majken Connor wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 20, 2008 at 9:12 AM, <google@zzxc.net> wrote:

>> from
>> or a
>> people's
>>> How about a blog post where we encourage people to leave comments or add
>>> a trackback to their own blogs? I think encouraging people to blog about
>>> it would definitely lead to a lot of good publicity, if we can convince
>>> people to do that.
>>>
>>> A discussion thread in the contributor forum would also be a good
>>> solution if we're just looking for the feedback aspect alone. That way
>>> people get a SUMO account.
>>>
>>> David
>> We could add a feedback form to the SFD3 page, similar to the tracker
>> we used for pledges.  We got 69 pledges prior to the event this time,
>> much more than the 19 people that signed up last time, so we might
>> want to consider a followup.  For example, we could ask questions such
>> as "Rate the day overall from 1-10", which area(s) each user helped
>> with, whether the user plans on returning, provide a space for
>> comments, and ask whether the user wants e-mail reminders of future
>> SFD events.
>>

> zzxc,
>
> Yes this is more what I was thinking about.  Though can we get around the
> error we were having with the pledge form?
>
> David,
>
> We really want to have this in site to catch as many people as possible.
> Even if they blog about it we might never find it, and if we blog about it
> people who were here today might not ever find it either.

If the add a pingback, I don't see how we would _not_ find it, but as I
said, a contributor forum thread would ensure we "own" the feedback. :)

I like zzxc's idea!
0
David