What happened to "move up"/"move down"

In the extensions manager in FF 1.x, there was the option to move an
extension up or down in the list.  It appears to be one of the many many
things inexplicably removed as of FF 2.0.

Why, oh why?  Controlling the order is important.  How do I do that now?
0
Anthony

Anthony Lieuallen wrote:
> In the extensions manager in FF 1.x, there was the option to move an
> extension up or down in the list.  It appears to be one of the many many
> things inexplicably removed as of FF 2.0.
>
> Why, oh why?  Controlling the order is important.  How do I do that now?

It looks like they're automatically alphabetized now (which, personally,
I like, since in 1.x I was always moving things up and down manually in
order to alphabetize them).  I'm curious why the order is important to
you.  p

0
RAV
11/6/2006 11:21:19 PM
Anthony Lieuallen wrote:
> In the extensions manager in FF 1.x, there was the option to move an
> extension up or down in the list.  It appears to be one of the many many
> things inexplicably removed as of FF 2.0.
>
> Why, oh why?  Controlling the order is important.  How do I do that now?

You can't even restart from the add-on's window let alone control the
order of the add-ons themselves.
0
Garth
11/7/2006 11:44:24 PM
Garth wrote:
> Anthony Lieuallen wrote:
>> In the extensions manager in FF 1.x, there was the option to move an
>> extension up or down in the list.  It appears to be one of the many many
>> things inexplicably removed as of FF 2.0.
>>
>> Why, oh why?  Controlling the order is important.  How do I do that now?
>
> You can't even restart from the add-on's window let alone control the
> order of the add-ons themselves.

In FF 2.0, you can restart from the addons window, once you have
installed a new extension. Clicking Restart Firefox will close and
reopen, with the same session as when you installed the extension, quite
a nice feature.

Lee

Learn about the Champs!  http://mozillachampions.ufaq.org
The UFAQ'S http://www.ufaq.org/
http://mozilla.com   http://mozilla.org
0
Leonidas
11/8/2006 12:33:37 AM
Leonidas Jones wrote:
> Garth wrote:
>> Anthony Lieuallen wrote:
>>> In the extensions manager in FF 1.x, there was the option to move an
>>> extension up or down in the list.  It appears to be one of the many many
>>> things inexplicably removed as of FF 2.0.
>>>
>>> Why, oh why?  Controlling the order is important.  How do I do that now?
>>
>> You can't even restart from the add-on's window let alone control the
>> order of the add-ons themselves.
>
> In FF 2.0, you can restart from the addons window, once you have
> installed a new extension. Clicking Restart Firefox will close and
> reopen, with the same session as when you installed the extension, quite
> a nice feature.
>
> Lee

Not ever add-on gives you that option. I was looking for a button which
is always there.
0
Garth
11/8/2006 1:58:00 AM
Garth wrote:
> Leonidas Jones wrote:
>> Garth wrote:

>>> You can't even restart from the add-on's window let alone control the
>>> order of the add-ons themselves.
>>
>> In FF 2.0, you can restart from the addons window, once you have
>> installed a new extension. Clicking Restart Firefox will close and
>> reopen, with the same session as when you installed the extension,
>> quite a nice feature.
>>
>> Lee
>>
> Not ever add-on gives you that option. I was looking for a button which
> is always there.

When I was testing 2.0 from alpha to RC, I intentionally did not install
any extensions, since I wanted to test how the base program was working.
  Therefore my experience with the behavior of the new Extensions
Manager is limited.

However, every time I have installed an extensions, to date, Tab Mix
Plus, Preferences Toolbar, Flash Block, and Web Developer Toolbar, I
have always seen a restart Firefox button, in order to compete the
install.  What extensions have you installed that do not show this?

Of course, if you have not installed an extension, there is no reason
for the button to be displayed.

Lee

Learn about the Champs!  http://mozillachampions.ufaq.org
The UFAQ'S http://www.ufaq.org/
http://mozilla.com   http://mozilla.org
0
Leonidas
11/8/2006 2:14:03 AM
Leonidas Jones wrote:
> Garth wrote:

>>> In FF 2.0, you can restart from the addons window, once you have
>>> installed a new extension. Clicking Restart Firefox will close and
>>> reopen, with the same session as when you installed the extension,
>>> quite a nice feature.
>>>
>>> Lee
>>>
>> Not ever add-on gives you that option. I was looking for a button
>> which is always there.
>
> When I was testing 2.0 from alpha to RC, I intentionally did not install
> any extensions, since I wanted to test how the base program was working.
>  Therefore my experience with the behavior of the new Extensions Manager
> is limited.
>
> However, every time I have installed an extensions, to date, Tab Mix
> Plus, Preferences Toolbar, Flash Block, and Web Developer Toolbar, I
> have always seen a restart Firefox button, in order to compete the
> install.  What extensions have you installed that do not show this?
>
> Of course, if you have not installed an extension, there is no reason
> for the button to be displayed.
>
> Lee

It's rather annoying when an add-on says it will only be available post
restart and I have to go back to the file menu.
0
Garth
11/8/2006 2:21:37 AM
Garth wrote:
> Leonidas Jones wrote:
>> Garth wrote:
/snip/

>>> Not ever add-on gives you that option. I was looking for a button
>>> which is always there.
>>
>> When I was testing 2.0 from alpha to RC, I intentionally did not
>> install any extensions, since I wanted to test how the base program
>> was working.  Therefore my experience with the behavior of the new
>> Extensions Manager is limited.
>>
>> However, every time I have installed an extensions, to date, Tab Mix
>> Plus, Preferences Toolbar, Flash Block, and Web Developer Toolbar, I
>> have always seen a restart Firefox button, in order to compete the
>> install.  What extensions have you installed that do not show this?
>>
>> Of course, if you have not installed an extension, there is no reason
>> for the button to be displayed.
>>
>> Lee
>>
> It's rather annoying when an add-on says it will only be available post
> restart and I have to go back to the file menu.

As stated, I have not experienced an extension that behaves that way.
Can you cite an example of such an extension, so that I can test?

Lee

Learn about the Champs!  http://mozillachampions.ufaq.org
The UFAQ'S http://www.ufaq.org/
http://mozilla.com   http://mozilla.org
0
Leonidas

.ALLCOL("%COLUMN%", " ", ", ", ", ")

quotes, quotes, quotes...

the "Windows Live" "Help Center" "does not support" Firefox
Name: ets3rodamar@hotmail.com Email: ets3rodamarathotmaildotcom Product: Minefield Summary: the "Windows Live" "Help Center" "does not support" Firefox Comments: I received the following info when I tried to access the "Help Central" service of "Windows Live" "http://g.live.com/9uxp9en-us/ftr2?productkey=wlhomepage"...: https://account.live.com/error.aspx?errcode=1047&mkt=de-de [quote] Browser wird nicht unterstützt Versuchen Sie, Ihren Browser auf eine neuere Version zu aktualisieren, um sich be...

"Object moved to here." in firefox, "The page cannot be displayed" in IE
after login i get the following error "Object moved to here." in firefox, "The page cannot be displayed" in IE please help...

"Firefox" or "Gecko"
Hi, In a lot of places in MDN, like in https://developer.mozilla.org/En/DOM/Attr#Deprecated_properties_and_methods one can see a mention of "Starting in Gecko 7.0 (Firefox 7.0 / Thunderbird 7.0 / SeaMonkey 2.4)...". What is in parens is generated by a template. This was relevant when Gecko/Firefox numbers where different, but I'm wondering if this is necessary anymore for webdev-oriented documentation. I think that since Firefox 4, it would be relevant to just write "Starting in Firefox 7..." (even the ".0" can be dropped I think). This i...

"To" and "From" missing

double quote

"Me" is better than "You"

"Using" or "With"

Replacing "\\" with "\"

replace the "." with a ","

Using "+" or "||"

Web resources about - What happened to "move up"/"move down" - mozilla.support.firefox