Upgrade 2.0 to 2.0.0.1 blows up firefox

Windows 2000 system with firefox 2 working just fine.
After running update, it will not start in either normal or
safe mode.  Task manager says there is a 7.5mb firefox.exe
running but nothing progresses.  Task manager cannot shut down
the instance of firefox.exe.

Upon rebooting, firefox.exe does not show up in the task manager until
firefox is invoked.  It then goes to the same situation as in the
first paragraph.  I have looked at the issue of a trojan and nothing
shows up looking at the registry as suggested in the firefox website.
Firefox will not start up after a reboot.

The only solution is to do a reboot and then uninstall firefox through
the control panel and then reinstall firefox 2.0 which works just fine.

For 2.0.0.1 safe mode does not work.  Jave and javascript are turned
off.  The only extension is flashblock but that should be off in safe
mode.

what is broken in 2.0.0.1?

0
none

none wrote:
> Windows 2000 system with firefox 2 working just fine. After running
> update, it will not start in either normal or safe mode.  Task
> manager says there is a 7.5mb firefox.exe running but nothing
> progresses.  Task manager cannot shut down the instance of
> firefox.exe.
>
> Upon rebooting, firefox.exe does not show up in the task manager
> until firefox is invoked.  It then goes to the same situation as in
> the first paragraph.  I have looked at the issue of a trojan and
> nothing shows up looking at the registry as suggested in the firefox
> website. Firefox will not start up after a reboot.
>

> The only solution is to do a reboot and then uninstall firefox
> through the control panel and then reinstall firefox 2.0 which works
> just fine.
>
> For 2.0.0.1 safe mode does not work.  Jave and javascript are turned
> off.  The only extension is flashblock but that should be off in safe
>  mode.
>
> what is broken in 2.0.0.1?

before installing FF-2.0.0.1 ,
backup your profile
uninstall previous ver. using comtrol panel
remove ff program folder
if you have any Registry cleaner tool , run it to clear unwanted reg
entry of previous ver.
Install new version of FF
Open profile manager ( using "firefox.exe" -P command )
create a new profile
start FF
0
Nir
1/11/2007 2:50:17 AM
none wrote:
> Windows 2000 system with firefox 2 working just fine.
> After running update, it will not start in either normal or
> safe mode.  Task manager says there is a 7.5mb firefox.exe
> running but nothing progresses.  Task manager cannot shut down
> the instance of firefox.exe.
>
> Upon rebooting, firefox.exe does not show up in the task manager until
> firefox is invoked.  It then goes to the same situation as in the
> first paragraph.  I have looked at the issue of a trojan and nothing
> shows up looking at the registry as suggested in the firefox website.
> Firefox will not start up after a reboot.
>

> The only solution is to do a reboot and then uninstall firefox through
> the control panel and then reinstall firefox 2.0 which works just fine.
>
> For 2.0.0.1 safe mode does not work.  Jave and javascript are turned
> off.  The only extension is flashblock but that should be off in safe
> mode.
>
> what is broken in 2.0.0.1?

I've already discussed this here:
http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.support.firefox/tree/browse_frm/thread/f81d6ff781214b3c/84713db302925c1d?rnum=1&_done=%2Fgroup%2Fmozilla.support.firefox%2Fbrowse_frm%2Fthread%2Ff81d6ff781214b3c%2F84713db302925c1d%3Ftvc%3D1%26#doc_84713db302925c1d
and I didn't get much help.

http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm
http://www.bcdb.com/cartoon/46347-Peter_Potamus_Show.html
http://www.toonarific.com/show.php?s_search=Potamus&Button_Update=Search&show_id=2778

Please do not email me for help.  Reply to the newsgroup only.  Thanks
0
Peter
1/11/2007 5:30:47 AM
none wrote:
> Windows 2000 system with firefox 2 working just fine.
> After running update, it will not start in either normal or
> safe mode.  Task manager says there is a 7.5mb firefox.exe
> running but nothing progresses.  Task manager cannot shut down
> the instance of firefox.exe.
>
> Upon rebooting, firefox.exe does not show up in the task manager until
> firefox is invoked.  It then goes to the same situation as in the
> first paragraph.  I have looked at the issue of a trojan and nothing
> shows up looking at the registry as suggested in the firefox website.
> Firefox will not start up after a reboot.
>

> The only solution is to do a reboot and then uninstall firefox through
> the control panel and then reinstall firefox 2.0 which works just fine.
>
> For 2.0.0.1 safe mode does not work.  Jave and javascript are turned
> off.  The only extension is flashblock but that should be off in safe
> mode.
>
> what is broken in 2.0.0.1?

Firewall.
Delete any reference to the application 'firefox.exe', and reapprove
access when the firewall asks.

--
Ron Hunter  rphunter@charter.net
0
Ron Hunter wrote:
> none wrote:
>
>> Windows 2000 system with firefox 2 working just fine.
>> After running update, it will not start in either normal or
>> safe mode.  Task manager says there is a 7.5mb firefox.exe
>> running but nothing progresses.  Task manager cannot shut down
>> the instance of firefox.exe.
>>
>> Upon rebooting, firefox.exe does not show up in the task manager until
>> firefox is invoked.  It then goes to the same situation as in the
>> first paragraph.  I have looked at the issue of a trojan and nothing
>> shows up looking at the registry as suggested in the firefox website.
>> Firefox will not start up after a reboot.
>>

>> The only solution is to do a reboot and then uninstall firefox through
>> the control panel and then reinstall firefox 2.0 which works just fine.
>>
>> For 2.0.0.1 safe mode does not work.  Jave and javascript are turned
>> off.  The only extension is flashblock but that should be off in safe
>> mode.
>>
>> what is broken in 2.0.0.1?
>>
> Firewall.
> Delete any reference to the application 'firefox.exe', and reapprove
> access when the firewall asks.

It never gets that far.  It does not show up at all.
A firewall issue would give a connection not found error.

0
none
1/11/2007 6:12:58 PM
Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
> none wrote:
>
>> Windows 2000 system with firefox 2 working just fine.
>> After running update, it will not start in either normal or
>> safe mode.  Task manager says there is a 7.5mb firefox.exe
>> running but nothing progresses.  Task manager cannot shut down
>> the instance of firefox.exe.
>>
>> Upon rebooting, firefox.exe does not show up in the task manager until
>> firefox is invoked.  It then goes to the same situation as in the
>> first paragraph.  I have looked at the issue of a trojan and nothing
>> shows up looking at the registry as suggested in the firefox website.
>> Firefox will not start up after a reboot.
>>

>> The only solution is to do a reboot and then uninstall firefox through
>> the control panel and then reinstall firefox 2.0 which works just fine.
>>
>> For 2.0.0.1 safe mode does not work.  Jave and javascript are turned
>> off.  The only extension is flashblock but that should be off in safe
>> mode.
>>
>> what is broken in 2.0.0.1?
>>
> I've already discussed this here:
> http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.support.firefox/tree/browse_frm/thread/f81d6ff781214b3c/84713db302925c1d?rnum=1&_done=%2Fgroup%2Fmozilla.support.firefox%2Fbrowse_frm%2Fthread%2Ff81d6ff781214b3c%2F84713db302925c1d%3Ftvc%3D1%26#doc_84713db302925c1d
> and I didn't get much help.

I had read that thread before posting.  Something is broken in 2.0.0.1
and it would be nice if it got fixed. It is this sort of problem that
drives people back to Microsoft.  It is also the kind of problem that
makes it impossible to do security updates.

0
none
1/11/2007 6:15:49 PM
none wrote:
> Ron Hunter wrote:
>> none wrote:
>>
>>> Windows 2000 system with firefox 2 working just fine.
>>> After running update, it will not start in either normal or
>>> safe mode.  Task manager says there is a 7.5mb firefox.exe
>>> running but nothing progresses.  Task manager cannot shut down
>>> the instance of firefox.exe.
>>>
>>> Upon rebooting, firefox.exe does not show up in the task manager until
>>> firefox is invoked.  It then goes to the same situation as in the
>>> first paragraph.  I have looked at the issue of a trojan and nothing
>>> shows up looking at the registry as suggested in the firefox website.
>>> Firefox will not start up after a reboot.
>>>

>>> The only solution is to do a reboot and then uninstall firefox through
>>> the control panel and then reinstall firefox 2.0 which works just fine.
>>>
>>> For 2.0.0.1 safe mode does not work.  Jave and javascript are turned
>>> off.  The only extension is flashblock but that should be off in safe
>>> mode.
>>>
>>> what is broken in 2.0.0.1?
>>>
>> Firewall.
>> Delete any reference to the application 'firefox.exe', and reapprove
>> access when the firewall asks.
>>

> It never gets that far.  It does not show up at all.
> A firewall issue would give a connection not found error.

Have you tried it to make sure?  Firefox talks to itself on the loopback
address.  A desktop firewall program might block that causing Firefox to
freeze.  This is mere speculation on my part.

It's worth bearing in mind that millions of us aren't having these problems.

Phil
0
Phil
1/11/2007 8:14:30 PM
On 2007-01-11 11:15 (-0700 UTC), none wrote:

<snip />

> Something is broken in 2.0.0.1
> and it would be nice if it got fixed. It is this sort of problem that
> drives people back to Microsoft.  It is also the kind of problem that
> makes it impossible to do security updates.

I've been using m.o products pretty much exclusively for five years now,
and, time permitting, use trunk nightlies at home.

Under Win 95/98 SE/2K/XP-P, FC 3/5, Mandrake 10, and SUSE 9.3/10.0/10.1/10.2
on, um, around 20 machines over those five years, I've experienced problems
like this (/i.e./, the UI not launching) during two different (but
time-limited) windows.

The first was in the months after Moz 1.0 was released, when there were
issues with compreg.dat; the second was just recently, when I found that I
had to delete a persistent parent.lock on a couple occasions.

While I might play around on the bleeding edge on my home machine, I've
never done so on 'mission critical' office machines.  With one
compreg.dat-related exception, all of the issues I've encountered have been
at home.

Granted, this has been my experience and is not necessarily generalisable.
But I'm not sure there's enough evidence to make the general claim that
'Something is broken in 2.0.0.1'.  If something were significantly broken,
would not the majority of users (under a given OS) be reporting the same issue?

Anyway, you might want to have a look through
<https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/buglist.cgi?query_format=specific&order=relevance+desc&bug_status=__open__&product=Firefox&content=update+2.0.0.1>;
I had a quick glance, and couldn't find anything that seemed /� propos/. . . .

/b.

--
'There is caution, and there is irrational paranoia.' -- Ron Hunter

'And, yes, I AM a bit paranoid.  After 25 years online, one gets that way,
if one survives.' -- Ron Hunter
0
Brian
1/11/2007 9:16:14 PM
none wrote:
> Phil Randal wrote:
>> none wrote:

>>> It never gets that far.  It does not show up at all.
>>> A firewall issue would give a connection not found error.
>>

>> Have you tried it to make sure?  Firefox talks to itself on the
>> loopback address.  A desktop firewall program might block that causing
>> Firefox to freeze.  This is mere speculation on my part.
>>
>> It's worth bearing in mind that millions of us aren't having these
>> problems.
>>
>> Phil
> The firewall (Zonealarm) sees any new program and asks if access or
> server rights are being requested.  It also turns out that it does
> not care if it can talk to itself since I also deny the request for
> server permission on all versions of Firefox and Mozilla. But, with
> newly installed 2.0.0.1 it does not ask.  With newly installed 2.0
> it does ask each time.  This means it does not get far enough in the
> in firefox it is hard to tell how large the program should be but
> whatever state 2.0.0.1 gets to, it is using up only 7.5 mb of memory.
>
> It is all the more frustrating that the upgrade works for some people.
> 2.0 worked.  2.0.0.1 does not.  Something changed which broke the system
> for some of us.  I have been a Mozilla and now Firefox evangelist and
> that makes it particularly annoying that it no longer works.  It is also
> annoying that I have been able to find a list of what changed from
> 2.0 to 2.0.0.1.  That might help find what was changed that should not
> have been.
>
> For those of you who might have 2.0.0.1 working.
>
> 1. Did you do an upgrade or an install?
>
> 2. Are some of the memory leak issues fixed?  Version 1.5 would swell
> up until it hit about 300mb and then crash.  Version 2.0 seems to get
> in the vicinity of 300mb but does not crash as often.

As a long-time ZoneAlarm user all I can offer here is this.

Launch the ZA console. Find anything that relates to FF. "Remove" that
listing in ZA. Reboot. Try again.

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net
Phil Randal wrote:
> none wrote:
>
>> Ron Hunter wrote:

>>> Firewall.
>>> Delete any reference to the application 'firefox.exe', and reapprove
>>> access when the firewall asks.
>>>

>> It never gets that far.  It does not show up at all.
>> A firewall issue would give a connection not found error.
>

> Have you tried it to make sure?  Firefox talks to itself on the loopback
> address.  A desktop firewall program might block that causing Firefox to
> freeze.  This is mere speculation on my part.
>
> It's worth bearing in mind that millions of us aren't having these
> problems.
>
> Phil
The firewall (Zonealarm) sees any new program and asks if access or
server rights are being requested.  It also turns out that it does
not care if it can talk to itself since I also deny the request for
server permission on all versions of Firefox and Mozilla. But, with
newly installed 2.0.0.1 it does not ask.  With newly installed 2.0
it does ask each time.  This means it does not get far enough in the
in firefox it is hard to tell how large the program should be but
whatever state 2.0.0.1 gets to, it is using up only 7.5 mb of memory.

It is all the more frustrating that the upgrade works for some people.
2.0 worked.  2.0.0.1 does not.  Something changed which broke the system
for some of us.  I have been a Mozilla and now Firefox evangelist and
that makes it particularly annoying that it no longer works.  It is also
annoying that I have been able to find a list of what changed from
2.0 to 2.0.0.1.  That might help find what was changed that should not
have been.

For those of you who might have 2.0.0.1 working.

1. Did you do an upgrade or an install?

2. Are some of the memory leak issues fixed?  Version 1.5 would swell
up until it hit about 300mb and then crash.  Version 2.0 seems to get
in the vicinity of 300mb but does not crash as often.

0
none
1/11/2007 11:04:52 PM
_none_ spoke thusly on 10/01/2007 11:40 PM:
> Windows 2000 system with firefox 2 working just fine.
> After running update, it will not start in either normal or
> safe mode.  Task manager says there is a 7.5mb firefox.exe
> running but nothing progresses.  Task manager cannot shut down
> the instance of firefox.exe.
>
> Upon rebooting, firefox.exe does not show up in the task manager until
> firefox is invoked.  It then goes to the same situation as in the
> first paragraph.  I have looked at the issue of a trojan and nothing
> shows up looking at the registry as suggested in the firefox website.
> Firefox will not start up after a reboot.
>

> The only solution is to do a reboot and then uninstall firefox through
> the control panel and then reinstall firefox 2.0 which works just fine.
>
> For 2.0.0.1 safe mode does not work.  Jave and javascript are turned
> off.  The only extension is flashblock but that should be off in safe
> mode.
>
> what is broken in 2.0.0.1?

I wonder if it finished updating. Try this:
Go to the directory:
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\updates\0
Delete its contents.
--
Chris Ilias <http://ilias.ca>
mozilla.test.multimedia moderator
none wrote:
> Phil Randal wrote:
>> none wrote:

>>> It never gets that far.  It does not show up at all.
>>> A firewall issue would give a connection not found error.
>>
>> Have you tried it to make sure?  Firefox talks to itself on the loopback
>> address.  A desktop firewall program might block that causing Firefox to
>> freeze.  This is mere speculation on my part.
>>
>> It's worth bearing in mind that millions of us aren't having these
>> problems.
>>
>> Phil
> The firewall (Zonealarm) sees any new program and asks if access or
> server rights are being requested.  It also turns out that it does
> not care if it can talk to itself since I also deny the request for
> server permission on all versions of Firefox and Mozilla. But, with
> newly installed 2.0.0.1 it does not ask.  With newly installed 2.0
> it does ask each time.  This means it does not get far enough in the
> in firefox it is hard to tell how large the program should be but
> whatever state 2.0.0.1 gets to, it is using up only 7.5 mb of memory.
>
> It is all the more frustrating that the upgrade works for some people.
> 2.0 worked.  2.0.0.1 does not.  Something changed which broke the system
> for some of us.  I have been a Mozilla and now Firefox evangelist and
> that makes it particularly annoying that it no longer works.  It is also
> annoying that I have been able to find a list of what changed from
> 2.0 to 2.0.0.1.  That might help find what was changed that should not
> have been.
>
> For those of you who might have 2.0.0.1 working.
>
> 1. Did you do an upgrade or an install?
>
> 2. Are some of the memory leak issues fixed?  Version 1.5 would swell
> up until it hit about 300mb and then crash.  Version 2.0 seems to get
> in the vicinity of 300mb but does not crash as often.

Preface:
First System:  WinXP Home SP2, FF 2.0.0.1, 512MB RAM, 2.4GHz Celeron
Second System: WinXP Home SP2, FF 2.0.0.1, 512MB RAM, 3.0GHz P4, Hyper
threading enabled

For both systems:

1.  Upgrade from 2.0 to 2.0.0.1

2.  Don't know, I don't seem to have a problem, so I don't generally
bother checking memory usage.  I have not had any problems with it
crashing, at all.  But then, I haven't had problems with it crashing on
prior versions, either.

--
Alex K.
0
On 1/11/2007 12:14 PM Pacific Time, Phil Randal wrote thusly:
> none wrote:
>> Ron Hunter wrote:

>>> Firewall.
>>> Delete any reference to the application 'firefox.exe', and reapprove
>>> access when the firewall asks.
>>>

>> It never gets that far.  It does not show up at all.
>> A firewall issue would give a connection not found error.
>
> Have you tried it to make sure?  Firefox talks to itself on the loopback
> address.  A desktop firewall program might block that causing Firefox to
> freeze.  This is mere speculation on my part.
>
> It's worth bearing in mind that millions of us aren't having these
> problems.
>
> Phil

I had a similar problem last weekend with Firefox 1.5.0.9.  All of a
sudden, I lost internet connection (cable and dial-up on 2 different
services).  Firefox would not open normally, yet I found multiple copies
of firefox.exe in Task Manager; same thing happened with IE.  Also,
could not access the internet via any browser or e-mail client, but
could ping and FTP just fine.
   After a couple days of sporadic issues, I called my ISP and they had
me disable my firewall temporarily.  Immediately, I had internet service
back and browsers would open again.  No problem since then either.  They
said they see customers whose firewall blocks access, mostly with Norton
or McAfee, not ZoneAlarm.

Barbara
--
Using WindowsXP SP2 Home Edition (all patches updated), Zone Alarm Pro
6.5.737.000, PCcillin 2006, Firefox 1.5.0.9, TB 1.5.0.9
Barbara wrote:
> On 1/11/2007 12:14 PM Pacific Time, Phil Randal wrote thusly:
>> none wrote:

>>> It never gets that far.  It does not show up at all.
>>> A firewall issue would give a connection not found error.
>>
>> Have you tried it to make sure?  Firefox talks to itself on the
>> loopback address.  A desktop firewall program might block that causing
>> Firefox to freeze.  This is mere speculation on my part.
>>
>> It's worth bearing in mind that millions of us aren't having these
>> problems.
>>
>> Phil
>
> I had a similar problem last weekend with Firefox 1.5.0.9.  All of a
> sudden, I lost internet connection (cable and dial-up on 2 different
> services).  Firefox would not open normally, yet I found multiple copies
> of firefox.exe in Task Manager; same thing happened with IE.  Also,
> could not access the internet via any browser or e-mail client, but
> could ping and FTP just fine.
>   After a couple days of sporadic issues, I called my ISP and they had
> me disable my firewall temporarily.  Immediately, I had internet service
> back and browsers would open again.  No problem since then either.  They
> said they see customers whose firewall blocks access, mostly with Norton
> or McAfee, not ZoneAlarm.
>
> Barbara
It appears that FF uses some ports to communicate between FF functions,
and some firewalls block these ports, preventing FF from even getting to
the point of displaying the GUI.  I solved this problem by making FF a
'trusted application' in my firewall program, and have had no problem since.
It also appears from numerous message here that NIS is one of these
firewalls, and that it also is confused by the update process FF uses.

--
Ron Hunter  rphunter@charter.net
0
Ron
1/13/2007 8:26:05 AM
Chris Ilias wrote:
> I wonder if it finished updating. Try this:
> Go to the directory:
> C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\updates\0
> Delete its contents.

I tried that with my problem and it didn't work:
http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.support.firefox/tree/browse_frm/thread/f81d6ff781214b3c/84713db302925c1d?rnum=1&_done=%2Fgroup%2Fmozilla.support.firefox%2Fbrowse_frm%2Fthread%2Ff81d6ff781214b3c%2F84713db302925c1d%3Ftvc%3D1%26#doc_84713db302925c1d

http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm
http://www.bcdb.com/cartoon/46347-Peter_Potamus_Show.html
http://www.toonarific.com/show.php?s_search=Potamus&Button_Update=Search&show_id=2778

Please do not email me for help.  Reply to the newsgroup only.  Thanks
0
Peter

I like firefox 2.0.0.0 better than 2.0.0.1
Name: tsit chan Email: chantsitathkbndotnet Product: Firefox Summary: I like firefox 2.0.0.0 better than 2.0.0.1 Comments: 2.0.0.1 version allows minimized pages pop up when open multi- tabs in one page ,until this fixed i prefer 2.0.0.0 before any new release. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-GB; rv:1.8.1) Gecko/20061010 Firefox/2.0 ...

firefox 2.0.0.1 and 2.0.0.2 download window problem
I am having a problem with the download options in the browser. Hope I can explain this correctly so it makes sense. I went to "options" "download" and tried changing it there for various settings with no change. Problem just started with 2.0.01 and unfortunately the browser updated to 2.0.0.2 before I could stop it but problems still there. My other computer works fine with both versions so I think something got corrupted but don't know what or how to fix it. I don't want to uninstall FF and reinstall it and lose all my bookmarks. Is there a r...

Buggy firefox 2.0.0.2 and 2.0.0.3
Name: badidea Email: very_bad_ideaathotmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Buggy firefox 2.0.0.2 and 2.0.0.3 Comments: I don't know what changed since 2.0.0.1 but the new releases (2.0.0.2, 2.0.0.3) seem very buggy. Random crashes, slow responses and additionally problems with administrator rights. I had similar problems on 2 out of 2 systems. Best solution for me (and probably a lot of other users) is to go back to 2.0.0.1 and disable automatic update. Success! Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.1) Gecko/20061204 Firefox/2....

Online Firefox Update ver. 2.0.0.0 to ver. 2.0.0.1 fails
Name: user - europe Product: Firefox Summary: Online Firefox Update ver. 2.0.0.0 to ver. 2.0.0.1 fails Comments: The online update ver. 2.0.0.0 to ver. 2.0.0.1 indicates that a number of files could not be updated resp. installed, although I folowed your instruction and closed as many running applications as possible. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Win98; en-GB; rv:1.8.1) Gecko/20061010 Firefox/2.0 ...

printing issues with firefox 2.0.0.1 and 2.0.0.3
Name: ledatica Email: ledaticaathotmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: printing issues with firefox 2.0.0.1 and 2.0.0.3 Comments: OS - windows XP home edition with SP2 After installing Firefox version 2.0.0.3 I noticed that web page printing is out of order, when the xp user account is a limited account. I checked to see the print preview and that showed me only partial page displayed and only prints partial page. I logged back on as XP admin account and checked the same web page again. This time both the print preview and the actual printing came out exactly as the web...

Firefox 2.0.0.2 and Firefox 1.5.0.10 Security and Stability Update
As part of Mozilla Corporation=92s ongoing stability and security =20 update process, Firefox 1.5.0.10 and Firefox 2.0.0.2 are now available for Windows, =20 Mac, and Linux for free download from getfirefox.com (http://www.getfirefox.com). Due to the security fixes, we strongly recommend that all Firefox =20 users upgrade to these latest releases. Note: Firefox 1.5.0.x will be maintained with security and stability =20 updates until April 24, 2007. All users are encouraged to upgrade to Firefox 2 (http://www.getfirefox.com). Firefox 1.5.0.10 is available for =20 download from ...

Firefox 2.0.0.2 and Firefox 1.5.0.10 Security and Stability Update
As part of Mozilla Corporation=92s ongoing stability and security =20 update process, Firefox 1.5.0.10 and Firefox 2.0.0.2 are now available for Windows, =20 Mac, and Linux for free download from getfirefox.com (http://www.getfirefox.com). Due to the security fixes, we strongly recommend that all Firefox =20 users upgrade to these latest releases. Note: Firefox 1.5.0.x will be maintained with security and stability =20 updates until April 24, 2007. All users are encouraged to upgrade to Firefox 2 (http://www.getfirefox.com). Firefox 1.5.0.10 is available for =20 download from ...

critical leak in security on firefox 2.0.0.1 and 2.0 #2
Name: Jimi Product: Firefox Summary: critical leak in security on firefox 2.0.0.1 and 2.0 Comments: Dear Sirs, I saw that you created new version of firefox 2 so I have just tested latest firefox 2.0.0.1. on the same problem that I had with firefox 2. So, after browsing again this time with 2 opened tabs I was testing switch proxy extension and than suddenly huge amount of data came on my computer seemingly out of nowhere. I stopped activities by pusshing stop loading this page icon on browser on both opened tabs although only on one the page was loading ...

Firefox version 2.0.0.3 is being updated to 2.0.0.2?
Name: Russell Nelson Email: rnelsonatgenedotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox version 2.0.0.3 is being updated to 2.0.0.2? Comments: I am currently using a version of Firefox with the version number of 2.0.0.3. This is the second time that I have been told that it has now been updated to a newer version of Firefox with a version number of 2.0.0.2. I assume that 2.0.0.3 is newer (and better) than version 2.0.0.2. How can I stop this "update"? Russ Nelson 650-225-7212 Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.8.1.3) Gecko/20070...

in Firefox 2.0.0.6 Firefox 2.0.0.3 is still downloading under Help
Name: Marika Email: controlatrocketpropdotcom Product: Firefox Summary: in Firefox 2.0.0.6 Firefox 2.0.0.3 is still downloading under Help Comments: Circle spinning next to Downloading Firefox 2.0.0.3 but Firefox 2.0.0.6 has been downloaded and installed. MacBook (Intel)Boot Camp installation WinXP Pro SP2 Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.6) Gecko/20070725 Firefox/2.0.0.6 ...

Firefox 1.5.0.9, Firefox 2.0.0.1 and Thunderbird 1.5.0.9 Security & Stability Updates
As part of Mozilla Corporation�s ongoing stability and security update process, Firefox 1.5.0.9, Firefox 2.0.0.1 and Thunderbird 1.5.0.9 are now available for Windows, Mac, and Linux for free download from getfirefox.com (http://www.getfirefox.com) & getthunderbird.com (http://www.getthunderbird.com). We strongly recommend that all Firefox users upgrade to this latest release. This update is available immediately in 41 languages including Spanish, Japanese, Arabic, Hungarian and more. Note: Firefox 1.5.0.x will be maintained with security and stability updates until Apr...

Firefox 1.5.0.9, Firefox 2.0.0.1 and Thunderbird 1.5.0.9 Security & Stability Updates
As part of Mozilla Corporation�s ongoing stability and security update process, Firefox 1.5.0.9, Firefox 2.0.0.1 and Thunderbird 1.5.0.9 are now available for Windows, Mac, and Linux for free download from getfirefox.com (http://www.getfirefox.com) & getthunderbird.com (http://www.getthunderbird.com). We strongly recommend that all Firefox users upgrade to this latest release. This update is available immediately in 41 languages including Spanish, Japanese, Arabic, Hungarian and more. Note: Firefox 1.5.0.x will be maintained with security and stability updates until Apr...

Automatic upgrade to Firefox/2.0.0.13 cripples 2.0.0.11
Name: Lars Barlow-Hansen Email: hansenatunforgettabledotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Automatic upgrade to Firefox/2.0.0.13 cripples 2.0.0.11 Comments: Hi, Firefox automatically downloaded/installed 2.0.0.13 and asked permission to restart upon which it continuously crashes (reboot etc. didn't fix). I reinstalled 2.0.0.11 and have no issues with this version. How do I prevent a repeat of above events? Lars Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.11) Gecko/20071127 Firefox/2.0.0.11 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ ...

Firefox "upgraded" itself from 2.0.0.12 to 2.0.0.7
Name: Pat Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox "upgraded" itself from 2.0.0.12 to 2.0.0.7 Comments: Update history is only displaying updates from 2.0.0.7 and below. Check for upgrades is not finding any. Updates were set to automatically download and install. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-AU; rv:1.8.1.7) Gecko/20070914 Firefox/2.0.0.7 ...

Web resources about - Upgrade 2.0 to 2.0.0.1 blows up firefox - mozilla.support.firefox

H-1 upgrade program - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The H-1 upgrade program refers to the United States Marine Corps 's program to develop the AH-1Z Viper and UH-1Y Venom to replace its aging fleets ...

Tumblr Referrals From Facebook Up 2.5X Following Upgrade For Timeline
Since upgrading for timeline and launching with open graph in April, Tumblr has seen its referral traffic from Facebook rise by more than 2.5 ...

Facebook Platform Upgrade Guide
Upgrade instructions for Facebook's platform across versions.

Facebook Allows Users to Upgrade to the New Messages Product, Why You Should
Some users are seeing a prompt when they visit their Facebook Messages inbox allowing them to upgrade to the New Messages product launched in ...

Search Twitter - upgrade
... here Search Refresh julia @ d0gbones 3m I laughed at the call handler when he told me it'd be £400 to stay on my current price plan and upgrade ...

Todo 6 (for devices that cannot upgrade to version 7) on the App Store on iTunes
Get Todo 6 (for devices that cannot upgrade to version 7) on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Desktop Audio Upgrade - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
I needed some new speakers for my desktop computer system at home. I've been tolerating JBL creature 2.1 system for a couple of years now and ...

EU Project INDECT, Orwell gets an upgrade - YouTube
EU Project INDECT, Orwell gets an upgrade - YouTube