Software Security Device.

I thought I'd be cute (security conscious) and installed a password into the
SSD.  I haven't used any tools that it protects for some time.  Now I've
forgotten the password, of course!  Is there a way to uncover the original
password so that I can change it to another?  I now have to restart the
whole system just to unlock the screen.  Thanks, Chuck.

0
Chuck

> I thought I'd be cute (security conscious) and installed a password into the

You're only cute once.  see answers in original thread
 http://google.com/groups?threadm=R-OdnReNC76bAhzYnZ2dnUVZ_veinZ2d%40mozilla.org

0
David

Software Security Device?
Logging in on web I get a popup with Mozilla icon. Message headed "Password Required" with underneath "Please enter the master password for the Software Security Device". I have hunted everywhere and am unable to find anything relating to this. The message an be cancelled and one can log in but password cannot be saved. -- johnmidl ------------------------------------------------------------------------ johnmidl;2375527 Wrote: > Logging in on web I get a popup with Mozilla icon. Message headed > "Password Required" with underneath &q...

Software Security Device
I thought I'd be cute "security conscious", so I "installed" a Master password into the device. Now I've forgotten the password. Is there a way to find my password so that I can elimanate it without having to delete and reload Firefox? Thanks, Chuck. Chuck Golightly Jr. wrote: > I thought I'd be cute "security conscious", so I "installed" a Master > password into the device. Now I've forgotten the password. Is there a way > to find my password so that I can elimanate it without having to delete and > r...

Security
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------080100010401000103080002 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I'm a Mac user 10.4.8 of Thunderbird 1.5.0.7 & am wondering how "Enabling FIPS" will improve my security? I can't seem to find any explanation of FIPS under Thunderbird help. -- Have a good day R Schwager --------------080100010401000103080002 Content-Type: text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Tr...

New software security device
Hello. Is there any way to create a new Software security device besides the one that is bundled with Mozilla/Firefox? I know it is possible to add new hardware security devices, and then choose among all of them. And I need to do it in the same profile. I am doing some tests and need to select between security devices (this is the important part for my tests). Thank you in advance. Emilio Perez. Emilio Perez wrote: > Hello. > > Is there any way to create a new Software security device besides the > one that is bundled with Mozilla/Firefox? The Softw...

Standard Security Software for Support
zzxc suggested us to create some sort of a list with the security software we should use to give Mozilla Support. So, i have compiled a list of suggestions given by the live chat community: - Desktop software - - Free Antivirus. Description: In case you need to recommend a free antivirus, please suggest the standard that we will decide. Candidates: - Avast Antivirus; - AVG Free. - - Free Antispyware. Description: In case you need to recommend a free antispyware, please suggest the standard that we will decide. Candidates: - Spybot Search and Dest...

Login to software security device
Another one: With TB 3 pre2 for every account I've got I must enter the master password for the security device. This behavior is new, previously once confirming the password was enough. Quite disturbing....has anybody else experienced it? Does a bug report exist already? -- Regards Signer: Eddy Nigg, StartCom Ltd. <http://www.startcom.org> Jabber: startcom@startcom.org <xmpp:startcom@startcom.org> Blog: Join the Revolution! <http://blog.startcom.org> Phone: +1.213.341.0390 > Another one: With TB 3 pre2 for every account I've got I must...

Master Software Security Device window
Name: Peter Upfold Email: strategyoracleatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Master Software Security Device window Comments: The master password functionality in Firefox is awesome, but I have only one concern about it. The input box asking for your password appears almost exactly the same as a JavaScript prompt dialogue would with the text 'Please enter the master password for the Software Security Device'. This would make it trivial for a phishing site to use JavaScript code such as: var password = prompt('Please enter the master password for the Softwa...

Disabling default Software Security Device

Password Prompt for Software Security Device
Name: Michael H Product: Firefox Summary: Password Prompt for Software Security Device Comments: It would be good if the prompts for Firefox and Thunderbird were identifiable, i.e. instead of "Password Required" make it "Password Required - Thunderbird"; or instead of "Please enter the master password for the Software Security Device", make it "Please enter ... for Thunderbird Software Security Device", or "Please enter ... for Firefox Software Security Device." This will facilitate use of different passwords for each, making ...

Firefox 3 does not support Roboform software
Name: Hasib Azahari Email: hasibazahariatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 3 does not support Roboform software Comments: I just upgraded my browser to Firefox 3.0. Once opened, there were error messages popping up about the incompatible of roboform. I tried to close the firefox, but failed to do so. Made things worst, my laptop was crashed down..I'm using Windows Vista. I would like to know why this happened. Thank you. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.8.1.19) Gecko/20081201 Firefox/2.0.0.19 From URL: http://hendrix.m...

software security device is driving me INSANE!
Name: Product: Firefox Summary: software security device is driving me INSANE! Comments: For the past few releases, Firefox has automatically asked for my "software security device" password, even when I did not want to use a password or fill out forms. Prior to that, it only asked when I went to a webpage that needed a stored password. It now asks for the password two times, and Foxmarks asks once, every 30 seconds. In the time it took me to write this I had to press ESC 27 times! I open & reopen Firefox 50 times a day. If we can't return to the on-d...

Annoying password for software security device
Name: Jonathan Lu Email: jtluatcomcastdotnet Product: Firefox Summary: Annoying password for software security device Comments: From Google, I understand subject requirement was generated from your new version of Firfox. You should allow the user the option to use it or not. It is a waste of time to put in the password when I am the only one using the computer and the only one in the house. I am only the verge of switching back to Microsoft's. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.8.1.7) Gecko/20070914 Firefox/2.0.0.7 ...

new firefox conflicts with my security software
Name: joanne Email: tlic_libraryatyahoodotcom Product: Firefox Summary: new firefox conflicts with my security software Comments: i would love to use updated version of firefox. but it keeps saying that it would conflict with trend micro which is my antivirus software I paid a 3 years subscription for. says it would make trend micro ineffective. i need my security software more than your updated version of firefox when are you going to fix that conflict Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.16) Gecko/20080702 Firefox/2.0.0.16 From URL:...

Web resources about - Software Security Device. - mozilla.support.firefox

Software - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Computer software or simply software is any set of machine-readable instructions that directs a computer 's processor to perform specific operations. ...

Questioning Software
I first attempted to use HealthCare.gov to learn about options for covering my granddaughter, who is not covered by my employer-subsidized insurance. ...

Lessons Learned by a Solo Entrepreneur - Software by Rob
... is written by Rob Walling, a serial web entrepreneur. He writes about startups, internet marketing, SEO, and other topics that interest software ...

Renaissance Software
We help individuals and companies to apply state of the art design and process technologies to both embedded and non-embedded software development. ...

Business of Software
Checking form... [x] Receive Updates Search Boston 2012 October 1st-3rd Earlybird tickets from $1,695 Register Earlybird rate available for: ...

Scaling Software Agility - Best Practices for Large Enterprises, by Dean Leffingwell
Best Practices for Large Enterprises, by Dean Leffingwell

Software on the Side
While I was at Ancestry.com, we used the StrengthsFinder assessment to give us insights into ourselves. If you haven’t taken it, I highly recommend ...

The Famous Software Company - Development Blog
A year ago I was looking for an app that enabled me to stream audio from iTunes to my iPhone. I was sharing an apartment at the time, and in ...

A Software Insider's Point of View
Innovative CIO’s Betting On Disruptive Technologies That Impact Enterprise Business Value In the Four Personas of the Next Gen CIO published ...