Session-to-session

I must be missing something.  I can not get the tabs to come back as
they were when a session is ended.

On the Main tab, I have "Show my windows and tabs from last time"

On the Privacy tab, I have "Always clear my private data" with ONLY
Download History, Cache, and Authenticated Sessions selected.

When I close a session and then restart Firefox, I only get a single
blank tab.
--
The Frosted Flake
+------------------------ SPAM is for eating ------------------------+

Frosted_Flake wrote:
> I must be missing something.  I can not get the tabs to come back as
> they were when a session is ended.
>
> On the Main tab, I have "Show my windows and tabs from last time"
>
> On the Privacy tab, I have "Always clear my private data" with ONLY
> Download History, Cache, and Authenticated Sessions selected.
>
> When I close a session and then restart Firefox, I only get a single
> blank tab.
Damn - this time it worked???

--
The Frosted Flake
+------------------------ SPAM is for eating ------------------------+
Frosted_Flake wrote:
> Frosted_Flake wrote:
>> I must be missing something.  I can not get the tabs to come back as
>> they were when a session is ended.
>>
>> On the Main tab, I have "Show my windows and tabs from last time"
>>
>> On the Privacy tab, I have "Always clear my private data" with ONLY
>> Download History, Cache, and Authenticated Sessions selected.
>>
>> When I close a session and then restart Firefox, I only get a single
>> blank tab.
> Damn - this time it worked???

You are complaining about success?  I guess you picked an appropriate
online name.  Grin.
Some people would gripe if they were hung with a new rope!

--
Ron Hunter  rphunter@charter.net
0
Ron Hunter wrote:
> Frosted_Flake wrote:
>> Frosted_Flake wrote:
>>> I must be missing something.  I can not get the tabs to come back as
>>> they were when a session is ended.
>>>
>>> On the Main tab, I have "Show my windows and tabs from last time"
>>>
>>> On the Privacy tab, I have "Always clear my private data" with ONLY
>>> Download History, Cache, and Authenticated Sessions selected.
>>>
>>> When I close a session and then restart Firefox, I only get a single
>>> blank tab.
>> Damn - this time it worked???
>>

> You are complaining about success?  I guess you picked an appropriate
> online name.  Grin.
> Some people would gripe if they were hung with a new rope!

Well, I had been unable to get the session to session save working when
I wrote the original post.  So, after sending it, I went back to try one
more time and it worked.

It also worked properly again today.

The 'Damn' was because the problem went away (probably due to my
'flakiness').
--
The Frosted Flake
+------------------------ SPAM is for eating ------------------------+
Frosted_Flake wrote:
> Ron Hunter wrote:
>> Frosted_Flake wrote:

>>> Damn - this time it worked???
>>>

>> You are complaining about success?  I guess you picked an appropriate
>> online name.  Grin.
>> Some people would gripe if they were hung with a new rope!
>>

> Well, I had been unable to get the session to session save working when
> I wrote the original post.  So, after sending it, I went back to try one
> more time and it worked.
>
> It also worked properly again today.
>
> The 'Damn' was because the problem went away (probably due to my
> 'flakiness').

Yup!  Grin.
It can be annoying when something starts working right after you made a
point of complaining about it.

--
Ron Hunter  rphunter@charter.net
0
Ron

Remember session for next time firefox opened works on only single session
Name: Andrew Kaminski Email: akatredshiftdotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Remember session for next time firefox opened works on only single session Comments: I tend to work on multiple firefox sessions at a time. When I need to shut down for a crash, or a install, it is handy to have all sessions reopen next time I open the firefox application. Currently, the behavior I see is that only the first session offers to remember, all other sessions just close down forever. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.4) Gecko/2008102920 Firefox/3.0.4...

Save open sessions for next time firefox opens? oly works on a single session
Name: Andrew Kaminski Email: akatredshiftdotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Save open sessions for next time firefox opens? oly works on a single session Comments: This is a great feature, saving my pages when a crash happens or a reboot is needed, so that my placemarks are restored when my system is restored. BUT: this only works if one only has a single firefox session open. I routinely have multiple sessions open, but am only offered the option to remember for the first session. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.5) Gecko/2008120122 ...

Updates disable running session of Firefox, requiring termination of session, starting again and indicating that the update is not to be continued.
Name: Ros Kushinsky Email: rosdotkushatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Updates disable running session of Firefox, requiring termination of session, starting again and indicating that the update is not to be continued. Comments: I am getting really annoyed with finding that Firefox sessions are frequently frozen (effectively crashing) often soon after starting, because an update is getting started. I want Firefox to ask whether I want to do the download and to be rem inded again when I am closing off the session, when I would be happy to receive the download. I find th...

Serious problem with Session variable, (session is mixing with other user's session)
Hi All I am facing a serious problem with session values. I have a webbased Hospital Management software in ASP. Around 200 users are using this at the same time. In this application when a user logins, I am saving the UserName in a session Variable, and all user access is based on the username in the session variable. (eg. session("userid")="myusername"). This was woking perfectly since last 4 years. Now the problem is, when a user logins, he is getting other users access who logined in the software. If I print the sesion username I am getting another username only...

Session expire before session timeout
Hi All ASP.Net Users, I am making an application, and using session variable. I had define session timeout default 20min, and it is define in iis as 20min also. Now issue is, session is getting expire before 20min. I had tried all means to find out, but not getting any clues, can anyone tell me what may be the problem, Secondly, is it possible, to re initialise the session time out if there is any events fired on the page, so that user don't have to login every time,or get the error page.   AnujAnuj are you using session multiple times in your page life cycle.. pls avoid it a...

How to use session and session veriables
how can i decleare a session ,assigned a value and use that value in other pages as well in the same pages.   U can declare session in global.asax or in aspx page directly u can use webform1.aspxSession("date")=system.datetime.todayu can access this variable in no of forms. once u r requirement is over make session as nothingSession("date")=NothingThank uBabaPlease remember to click "Mark as Answer" on this post if it helped you.  Thank uBabaPlease remember to click "Mark as Answer" on this post if it helped you. I actually wa...

Spawning a session from within a session
Hi all. Does anyone know how to spawn a new Transact-SQL session from within an existing session? To state it another way, is it possible, once I've begun a session by logging into a Sybase database, to begin a new session without actually disconnecting from the database and loggin in again? I have an application, a series of SQL stored procedures, that updates a Sybase database. This application uses temporary tables. I would like to execute this application more than once at the same time, i.e., run it in parallel mode. As I understand it, if I run this application multipl...

Sessions dropped before session tmeout
I am usingWindows 2003, IIS6, .net 1.1I am using "InProc" mode to manage sessionsAnd the session time out is set to 60 minsThe entry in web.config is <sessionState mode="InProc" cookieless="false" timeout="60"/>Randomly, session values are gettings cleared before 60 minssay at 40- 45 minsWhat could be the reason for this?How can I avoid this?I am storing some objects in session. So storing the sessions out-of-process will be a big code change for me, which is not possible at this stage of my project.Can you suggest some workarounds?...

Session Start / Session End
What kind of hoops do I have to jump through to get ASP.NET (1.1 and 2.0) to fire an event to call routines of my choice when a user's session begins and ends? TIA,Owen why don't you use the global.asax session start event? Global.asax in 2.0: http://www.asp.net/QuickStart/aspnet/doc/applications/globalasax.aspx...

Session handling... Session Timeout?
Dear All,May I know how can i change the Session Expired value?and, in what circumstances a session value will be changed, if it's not initiated by code?thank you. Hi There,Please check following linkAsp.net SessionSunny NAGIProper Preparation Prevents Poor PerformanceDont forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you....

session persistence and session retrieval
Hi Would request C# code . Got a Search Engine portal working well just now. It is retrieving Search results and meeting other requirements. Now it is required to meet below requirement. Requirement: 1)       The search for a user should be persistent across sessions. When a user closes his session, the system must ‘remember' the search. When the user starts a new session, the web application should start with a display of the ‘remembered' search. In order to achieve this, the results of every search will need to be captured. To provide persistence ...

Session support
Hi,the WebMethodAttribute as an argument to enable or disable the use of the session cache object. This does not have any effect if set to true or false.CIAOMichaelCIAOMichaelhttp://weblogs.asp.net/mschwarz/http://michael-schwarz.blogspot.com/ See http://forums.asp.net/1123636/ShowPost.aspx for more information.- Wilco Bauwer (MSFT) / http://www.wilcob.com...

CGI::Session persist session
I am using CGI::Session for session management of a wap page. Even if I don't delete the cookie I have seen that from nokia browsers the cookie does not persist , but persistance works fine with a web browser like firefox Is there anything special needed for nokia browsers -- Sent from my mobile device Thanks Ram <http://www.netcore.co.in/> n <http://pragatee.com> ...

The page requires session state that is no longer available. Either the session has expired, the client did not send a valid session cookie, or the session state history size is too small. Try increas
Hi.. I am making a mobile application using .net framework 2.0. My Application has  web farm scenario so for state management  I am using Sateserver in my application. My application runs fine if I dont use web farm scenario But in case of web farm scenario it is giving me error "The page requires session state that is no longer available. Either the session has expired, the client did not send a valid session cookie, or the session state history size is too small. Try increasing the history size or session expiry limit."   &...

Web resources about - Session-to-session - mozilla.support.firefox