I am trying to access links off of the web page at the bottom of this email. They work in Internet Explorer just fine. I have tried this on 2 different computers and the links do not work. Why? Tha

I am trying to access links off of the web page at the bottom of this =
email.  They work in Internet Explorer just fine.  I have tried this on 2 =
different computers and the links do not work.  Why? Thanks.
=20
=20
=20

Brenda Sharpmack
Watson Chapel School District
Technology Coordinator
870 - 879 - 7206 (office)

870 - 556 - 0640 (cell)
870 - 879 - 1710 (fax)
 ( http://wc-web.k12.ar.us/school%20sites/WC%20SCHOOL%20SITES%20INDEX.htm =
)
0
Brenda

Brenda Sharpmack said this on 4/3/2009 11:30 AM:
> I am trying to access links off of the web page at the bottom of this email.  They work in Internet Explorer just fine.  I have tried this on 2 different computers and the links do not work.  Why? Thanks.
>

> Brenda Sharpmack
> Watson Chapel School District
> Technology Coordinator
> 870 - 879 - 7206 (office)
>
> 870 - 556 - 0640 (cell)
> 870 - 879 - 1710 (fax)
>  ( http://wc-web.k12.ar.us/school%20sites/WC%20SCHOOL%20SITES%20INDEX.htm )

I went here with your source code for the page and input it.
(copy/paste).   Got 159 errors.
http://validator.w3.org/#validate_by_input

0
Big_Al
4/3/2009 3:57:53 PM
In <news:mailman.433.1238772678.2888.support-firefox@lists.mozilla.org>,
"Brenda Sharpmack" <Bks@wcmail.k12.ar.us> wrote:

> I am trying to access links off of the web page at the bottom of this
> email.  They work in Internet Explorer just fine.  I have tried this
> on 2 different computers and the links do not work.  Why? Thanks.

>  ( http://wc-web.k12.ar.us/school%20sites/WC%20SCHOOL%20SITES%20INDEX.htm )

The short answer is that it was created with Microsoft FrontPage 5.0.

The long answer is too much to go through, but it won't work with any
browser except IE because it has so many errors.  Specifically which
errors prevent the non-links from working as you wish would be too much
to try to determine for a page that doesn't even have a DOCTYPE.

<http://validator.w3.org/check?ss=1&verbose=1&uri=http%3A//wc-web.k12.ar.us/school%2520sites/WC%2520SCHOOL%2520SITES%2520INDEX.htm>

To fix the page, you'd need to start with the top error, re-check after
fixing it, then move on through the errors one by one until they're all
gone.  IMO, starting from scratch would be easier, using something
other than FrontPage to create the page.

--
»Q«                                                              /"\
                                      ASCII Ribbon Campaign      \ /
Brenda Sharpmack wrote:
> I am trying to access links off of the web page at the bottom of this email.  They work in Internet Explorer just fine.  I have tried this on 2 different computers and the links do not work.  Why? Thanks.
>

> Brenda Sharpmack
> Watson Chapel School District
> Technology Coordinator
> 870 - 879 - 7206 (office)
>
> 870 - 556 - 0640 (cell)
> 870 - 879 - 1710 (fax)
>  ( http://wc-web.k12.ar.us/school%20sites/WC%20SCHOOL%20SITES%20INDEX.htm )

Because the website uses proprietary, non-standard, code.

--
Ron Hunter  rphunter@charter.net
0
Brenda Sharpmack wrote:
> I am trying to access links off of the web page at the bottom of this email.  They work in Internet Explorer just fine.  I have tried this on 2 different computers and the links do not work.  Why? Thanks.
>

> Brenda Sharpmack
> Watson Chapel School District
> Technology Coordinator
> 870 - 879 - 7206 (office)
>
> 870 - 556 - 0640 (cell)
> 870 - 879 - 1710 (fax)
>  ( http://wc-web.k12.ar.us/school%20sites/WC%20SCHOOL%20SITES%20INDEX.htm )

If you want to use the FF user interface, and easily access this
website, download the IE Tab extension, and install it.  Then you can
easily set it to alway use the IE rendering engine, and still retain
your Firefox user interface, and use them for other sites.

--
Ron Hunter  rphunter@charter.net
0
Ron
4/3/2009 9:22:05 PM
Ron Hunter wrote:
> Brenda Sharpmack wrote:
>> I am trying to access links off of the web page at the bottom of this
>> email. They work in Internet Explorer just fine. I have tried this on
>> 2 different computers and the links do not work. Why? Thanks.
>>

>> Brenda Sharpmack
>> Watson Chapel School District
>> Technology Coordinator
>> 870 - 879 - 7206 (office)
>>
>> 870 - 556 - 0640 (cell)
>> 870 - 879 - 1710 (fax)
>> (
>> http://wc-web.k12.ar.us/school%20sites/WC%20SCHOOL%20SITES%20INDEX.htm )
>
> If you want to use the FF user interface, and easily access this
> website, download the IE Tab extension, and install it. Then you can
> easily set it to alway use the IE rendering engine, and still retain
> your Firefox user interface, and use them for other sites.

Keep in mind though, that any use of Mac OSX will not have this option.

Note, nothing works in Safari either.  This site will not work on Macs.

Lee
0
Leonidas

Mzilla/Firefox of any version keeps crashing. This began about four days ago. Internet Explorer works just fine and everything else on my computer.
Name: jntat2jr@q.com Email: jntat2jratqdotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Mzilla/Firefox of any version keeps crashing. This began about four days ago. Internet Explorer works just fine and everything else on my computer. Comments: Please send me a fix. Browser Details: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; GTB6.3; .NET CLR 1.0.3705; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.30; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.648; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; Media Center PC 4.0; MS-RTC EA 2; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; OfficeLiveConnector.1.4; OfficeLivePatch.1.3; msn Optimize...

I live firefox, I have it on all my computers and use it for USAA bill pay, it works fine and opens all my bills through their website, but Lowes, I have to use internet explorer to access my Lowes bi
Name: Patricia M Porter Email: porterpatescapeesdotcom Product: Firefox Summary: I live firefox, I have it on all my computers and use it for USAA bill pay, it works fine and opens all my bills through their website, but Lowes, I have to use internet explorer to access my Lowes bill, can you fix that? Comments: see above Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.2.6) Gecko/20100625 Firefox/3.6.6 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wi...

Link works in Internet Explorer but not in Firefox
Name: Angie Email: enigmatic57atgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Link works in Internet Explorer but not in Firefox Comments: See www.chapteronerestaurant.com In Internet Explorer, the Menus link takes me to the menus, but not in Firefox. The text on the tab just flashes rapidly between "Chapter One Restaurant" and "Loading..." - but it never loads. This (and similar things with other websites) was happening with Version 2 so I installed Version 3 in the hope it would fix it. I'm at a loss to know what to do next. Any ideas? Regards Angie...

I can't seem to get a skin to work in 3.0.13 that worked fine in 2.1.2. I know I'm doing *something* wrong, but after two weeks of trying, I'm stumped...
Yiikes.  Back again.  I am having the strangest things happen with my skins now.  Images specified in a css file no longer show up.  When I enter a specific path into my ascx file (assuming the skin folder as the root directory), and upload the skin, to me, it appears to not be parsing at all.  When I 'Apply' the skin, any of my skins, I get nothing.  If I add the above image file to the ascx file, upload, parse and apply, I get an 'x' bad image, and when I click properties, the location of the image file is stating it is in the dotnetnuke/ rooot folder....

emailed newsletter links don't work; direct access to website from bookmarks does work
Name: Don Christensen Email: DondotLdotChristensenatRogersdotcom Product: Firefox Release Candidate Summary: emailed newsletter links don't work; direct access to website from bookmarks does work Comments: I subscribe to The Hockey News daily newsletter, The links from the newsletter to news items on the website do not work with Firefox 3 Beta 4 but they do with IE and when I go to their website directly. I've pasted in the code used. <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd"> &...

Link button don't work in FireFox and Internet Explorer
Can anyone help? I have a gridview and two link buttons;back and previous to navigate back and forward the page is working fine on Opera but the link button is not active when using FireFox and Internet explorer.The code is as follows private int BindGrid(Int64 id, int currentPage) { int tp; //UserDataSe...

please add the function of being able to email an entire web site page instead of just a link to a web page.
Name: James Westwater Product: Firefox Summary: please add the function of being able to email an entire web site page instead of just a link to a web page. Comments: Please add to Firefox the function of being able to email an ENTIRE actual web site page instead of just a link to a web page. Safari allows this, as do some other browsers. This added function would be very useful to me and many others. Thank you Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X Mach-O; en-US; rv:1.8.1.5) Gecko/20070713 Firefox/2.0.0.5 ...

in this link firefox 2 stop working firefox locked
Name: Sait Product: Firefox Summary: in this link firefox 2 stop working firefox locked Comments: http://www.sahibinden.com/140_000_km_de_1998_model_kirmizi_audi_a3_1_6WQQaXQQ6084121WQQpXQQdisplayitem?keyword=audi bur firefox 3 beta is not a problem Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-GB; rv:1.8.1.11) Gecko/20071127 Firefox/2.0.0.11 ...

Web page works in Firefox 2, not in Firefox 3
Name: Matt Email: bruce_fyveatyahoodotcom Product: Gran Paradiso Summary: Web page works in Firefox 2, not in Firefox 3 Comments: If you go to "www.phmsa.org", click on "Soccerfest" on the left, and then click on "Preliminary Soccerfest 2008 Schedule", you get a blank white page. However, you get the schedule if you do exactly the same thing using Firefox 2. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.9b4) Gecko/2008030318 Firefox/3.0b4 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Matt wrote: > Name: Matt > Email: bru...

URL not working, but does work in Internet Explorer #2
Name: GS Email: thisismegsatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: URL not working, but does work in Internet Explorer Comments: Hello, I just sent this e-mail to you via your web page. The feed back page I received told me that I had to BCC you if I expected to get a response. Where on your web page is there a place to BCC anyone? I do not have time to play games like this. A response would be greatly appreciated!!!!! I thought that you might like to know that there is something wrong with FireFox. Just in case it was something wrong with your older version, I upgrad...

Mouse-over does not work in Firefox, but works in Internet Explorer
Name: Michel Lambert Email: michel_lambertatgmxdotnet Product: Firefox Summary: Mouse-over does not work in Firefox, but works in Internet Explorer Comments: Hello Hendrix, I was visiting the http://www.aeg.de/index_e.html Website with my browser Firefox 1.5, and noticed that I was not able to go further then the Start Page. None of the link seemed to work. I updated to Firefox 2.0, but the result is the same. With my Internet Explorer 6.0, and noticed that the mouse-over links on the startpage make a submenu to appear. That submenu does not show up in Firefox. C...

[Hendrix] Web page works in Firefox 2, not in Firefox 3
Name: Matt Email: bruce_fyveatyahoodotcom Product: Gran Paradiso Summary: Web page works in Firefox 2, not in Firefox 3 Comments: If you go to "www.phmsa.org", click on "Soccerfest" on the left, and then click on "Preliminary Soccerfest 2008 Schedule", you get a blank white page. However, you get the schedule if you do exactly the same thing using Firefox 2. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.9b4) Gecko/2008030318 Firefox/3.0b4 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Matt wrote: > Name: Matt > Email: bru...

In the past 2 weeks I have not been able to open gif or jpg attachments in Firefox, so I have had to go back to using Internet Explorer, which works fine.
Name: Julie Email: jhungarathotmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: In the past 2 weeks I have not been able to open gif or jpg attachments in Firefox, so I have had to go back to using Internet Explorer, which works fine. Comments: I have been unable to open gif or jpg attachments in Firefox since about the last 2 weeks--perhaps since the latest update? I have had to go back to using Internet Explorer, which works fine, but I prefer Firefox. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.6) Gecko/20091201 Firefox/3.5.6 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) From UR...

page jump (link to other parts of page) not working in Firefox, but all other browsers tested.
hi this is my first posting to this list, so if i'm in the wrong place, please let me know. i'm relatively new to designing/developing, so my question may seem pretty basic, but i'm working on a site that's built with a CMS I'm not familiar with. I have limited access to the HTML: only the parts of the website that are "content-manageable," if that makes sense. i don't have access to the structure. so to my question. i have created page jumps, i think they're called, to help users navigate long pages. you can see what i'm talking about he...

Web resources about - I am trying to access links off of the web page at the bottom of this email. They work in Internet Explorer just fine. I have tried this on 2 different computers and the links do not work. Why? Tha - mozilla.support.firefox