Flash player not working in FF 1.5.0.1

I tried to use the demo at PayPal in FF -
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_email-payments-overview-outside
and it keeps telling me that I need Flash Player 5 or greater.  I've
installed MacroMedia 8 several times, read all the posts here, closed
FF, etc. several times and still cannot get that demo to work.  Even
uninstalled the FlashBlock extension in case that was blocking it,
   Can anyone help?  That link works just fine in IE 6.

Barbara
Windows XP SP2
0
Barbara

Barbara wrote:
> I tried to use the demo at PayPal in FF -
> https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_email-payments-overview-outside
> and it keeps telling me that I need Flash Player 5 or greater.  I've
> installed MacroMedia 8 several times, read all the posts here, closed
> FF, etc. several times and still cannot get that demo to work.  Even
> uninstalled the FlashBlock extension in case that was blocking it,
>   Can anyone help?  That link works just fine in IE 6.
>
> Barbara
> Windows XP SP2

I have the same problem and I too installed it just to be
sure but it made no difference - I just keep being told to
install.

Louise
0
louise
2/20/2006 4:53:21 AM
On Sun, 19 Feb 2006 17:10:21 -0800, Barbara <junkgreen125@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>I tried to use the demo at PayPal in FF -
>https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_email-payments-overview-outside
>and it keeps telling me that I need Flash Player 5 or greater.  I've
>installed MacroMedia 8 several times, read all the posts here, closed
>FF, etc. several times and still cannot get that demo to work.  Even
>uninstalled the FlashBlock extension in case that was blocking it,
>   Can anyone help?  That link works just fine in IE 6.
>
>Barbara
>Windows XP SP2

There must be something wrong with that site. I've used flash on quite
a few web pages using FF 1.50.1. However, the demo shows nothing when
I try it. Using MSIE 6, the flash movie works just fine. So I'd say
it's bad coding, not a problem with your setup.

Sam
0
Sam
2/20/2006 5:24:45 AM
Sam wrote:
> On Sun, 19 Feb 2006 17:10:21 -0800, Barbara <junkgreen125@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>

>>I tried to use the demo at PayPal in FF -
>>https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_email-payments-overview-outside
>>and it keeps telling me that I need Flash Player 5 or greater.  I've
>>installed MacroMedia 8 several times, read all the posts here, closed
>>FF, etc. several times and still cannot get that demo to work.  Even
>>uninstalled the FlashBlock extension in case that was blocking it,
>>  Can anyone help?  That link works just fine in IE 6.
>>
>>Barbara
>>Windows XP SP2
>

> There must be something wrong with that site. I've used flash on quite
> a few web pages using FF 1.50.1. However, the demo shows nothing when
> I try it. Using MSIE 6, the flash movie works just fine. So I'd say
> it's bad coding, not a problem with your setup.
>
> Sam

I had a problem with a program that reported that it needed Flash 5 or
above AFTER I updated Flash 7 to F8.

I installed the program on my laptop that has Flash 7 and it the program
worked fine. I upgraded F7 to F8 (on the LT) and the program reports it
needs Flash 5 or greater.

I used the Flash 8 uninstaller and then re-installed Flash 7 and the
program worked fine again.

I saw on another NG that there have been issues with both Flash 7 and
Flash 8 - Version 7 supposedly had security holes and 8 was the "fix"
but 8 is causing other problems.

I don't know what is going on but I know that one can uninstall either
version and replace with the other at any time although it is a pain.

For example, Flash 8 on my PC is required to view Yahoo News video clips
as well as many other newer flash sites.

Let's hope Macromedia gets their act together soon.

If I get a chance, I'll uninstall F8 and reinstall F7 and will try that
site again to see if it works with F7 and will post back.

Fred S
0
Fred
2/20/2006 5:44:25 AM
Fred S ***** wrote:

> I had a problem with a program that reported that it needed Flash 5 or
> above AFTER I updated Flash 7 to F8.
>
> I installed the program on my laptop that has Flash 7 and it the program
> worked fine. I upgraded F7 to F8 (on the LT) and the program reports it
> needs Flash 5 or greater.
>
> I used the Flash 8 uninstaller and then re-installed Flash 7 and the
> program worked fine again.
>
> I saw on another NG that there have been issues with both Flash 7 and
> Flash 8 - Version 7 supposedly had security holes and 8 was the "fix"
> but 8 is causing other problems.
>
> I don't know what is going on but I know that one can uninstall either
> version and replace with the other at any time although it is a pain.
>
> For example, Flash 8 on my PC is required to view Yahoo News video clips
> as well as many other newer flash sites.
>
> Let's hope Macromedia gets their act together soon.
>
> If I get a chance, I'll uninstall F8 and reinstall F7 and will try that
> site again to see if it works with F7 and will post back.

A number of websites demand Flash 8.  There is no Flash 8 for linux, Flash 7
is the latest version.  You'd think that web designers would aim their wares
at the widest possible audience, but NOOOOOOOO!  Bleeding-edge Flash really
doesn't present much that we need to see anyway, or so I've found.

$ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $
"One's chances of winning the lottery are not appreciably
improved by actually buying a ticket."
0
The
2/20/2006 6:49:38 AM
On 2/19/2006 10:49 PM Pacific Time, The Real Bev wrote thusly:
> Fred S ***** wrote:
>
>> I had a problem with a program that reported that it needed Flash 5 or
>> above AFTER I updated Flash 7 to F8.
>>
>> I installed the program on my laptop that has Flash 7 and it the
>> program worked fine. I upgraded F7 to F8 (on the LT) and the program
>> reports it needs Flash 5 or greater.
>>
>> I used the Flash 8 uninstaller and then re-installed Flash 7 and the
>> program worked fine again.
>>
>> I saw on another NG that there have been issues with both Flash 7 and
>> Flash 8 - Version 7 supposedly had security holes and 8 was the "fix"
>> but 8 is causing other problems.
>>
>> I don't know what is going on but I know that one can uninstall either
>> version and replace with the other at any time although it is a pain.
>>
>> For example, Flash 8 on my PC is required to view Yahoo News video
>> clips as well as many other newer flash sites.
>>
>> Let's hope Macromedia gets their act together soon.
>>
>> If I get a chance, I'll uninstall F8 and reinstall F7 and will try
>> that site again to see if it works with F7 and will post back.
>
> A number of websites demand Flash 8.  There is no Flash 8 for linux,
> Flash 7 is the latest version.  You'd think that web designers would aim
> their wares at the widest possible audience, but NOOOOOOOO!
> Bleeding-edge Flash really doesn't present much that we need to see
> anyway, or so I've found.

I reinstalled Flash version 7 and that demo plays.   Thanks everyone for
the help :)

Barbara
0
Barbara
2/20/2006 6:16:14 PM
On 2/20/2006 10:16 AM Pacific Time, Barbara wrote thusly:
> On 2/19/2006 10:49 PM Pacific Time, The Real Bev wrote thusly:
>> Fred S ***** wrote:
>>
>>> I had a problem with a program that reported that it needed Flash 5
>>> or above AFTER I updated Flash 7 to F8.
>>>
>>> I installed the program on my laptop that has Flash 7 and it the
>>> program worked fine. I upgraded F7 to F8 (on the LT) and the program
>>> reports it needs Flash 5 or greater.
>>>
>>> I used the Flash 8 uninstaller and then re-installed Flash 7 and the
>>> program worked fine again.
>>>
>>> I saw on another NG that there have been issues with both Flash 7 and
>>> Flash 8 - Version 7 supposedly had security holes and 8 was the "fix"
>>> but 8 is causing other problems.
>>>
>>> I don't know what is going on but I know that one can uninstall
>>> either version and replace with the other at any time although it is
>>> a pain.
>>>
>>> For example, Flash 8 on my PC is required to view Yahoo News video
>>> clips as well as many other newer flash sites.
>>>
>>> Let's hope Macromedia gets their act together soon.
>>>
>>> If I get a chance, I'll uninstall F8 and reinstall F7 and will try
>>> that site again to see if it works with F7 and will post back.
>>
>> A number of websites demand Flash 8.  There is no Flash 8 for linux,
>> Flash 7 is the latest version.  You'd think that web designers would
>> aim their wares at the widest possible audience, but NOOOOOOOO!
>> Bleeding-edge Flash really doesn't present much that we need to see
>> anyway, or so I've found.
>>

> I reinstalled Flash version 7 and that demo plays.   Thanks everyone for
> the help :)
>
> Barbara

I couldn't figure out how to uninstall Flash 8.  It's not listed in
Control Panel, nor in my Programs list.  I just re-installed Flash 7,
hoping it would over-write version 8.

Barbara
0
Barbara
2/20/2006 6:33:16 PM
Barbara wrote:
> On 2/19/2006 10:49 PM Pacific Time, The Real Bev wrote thusly:
>
>> Fred S ***** wrote:
>>
>>> I had a problem with a program that reported that it needed Flash 5
>>> or above AFTER I updated Flash 7 to F8.
>>>
>>> I installed the program on my laptop that has Flash 7 and it the
>>> program worked fine. I upgraded F7 to F8 (on the LT) and the program
>>> reports it needs Flash 5 or greater.
>>>
>>> I used the Flash 8 uninstaller and then re-installed Flash 7 and the
>>> program worked fine again.
>>>
>>> I saw on another NG that there have been issues with both Flash 7 and
>>> Flash 8 - Version 7 supposedly had security holes and 8 was the "fix"
>>> but 8 is causing other problems.
>>>
>>> I don't know what is going on but I know that one can uninstall
>>> either version and replace with the other at any time although it is
>>> a pain.
>>>
>>> For example, Flash 8 on my PC is required to view Yahoo News video
>>> clips as well as many other newer flash sites.
>>>
>>> Let's hope Macromedia gets their act together soon.
>>>
>>> If I get a chance, I'll uninstall F8 and reinstall F7 and will try
>>> that site again to see if it works with F7 and will post back.
>>

>> A number of websites demand Flash 8.  There is no Flash 8 for linux,
>> Flash 7 is the latest version.  You'd think that web designers would
>> aim their wares at the widest possible audience, but NOOOOOOOO!
>> Bleeding-edge Flash really doesn't present much that we need to see
>> anyway, or so I've found.
>>

> I reinstalled Flash version 7 and that demo plays.   Thanks everyone for
> the help :)
>
> Barbara

Hi Barbara,

Thanks for the report and that saves me the time to do the uninstall of
Flash 8 and reinstall of Flash 7 as I had promised in my earlier post.

This points out that there certainly is some kind of problem with Flash
8 and FF which appears to be related as to how the "installed" plugin
info is passed on to the website.

Flash 7 works fine with many sites that are looking for Flash 4 and
higher while Flash 8 does not on SOME sites.

Flash 8 works fine in some cases but quite often other sites do not
recognize it as being greater than Flash 5 when used with FF.

Hopefully, this will be addressed by the Champions.

Fred S
0
Fred
2/20/2006 6:37:19 PM
Barbara wrote:
> On 2/20/2006 10:16 AM Pacific Time, Barbara wrote thusly:

>>> A number of websites demand Flash 8.  There is no Flash 8 for linux,
>>> Flash 7 is the latest version.  You'd think that web designers would
>>> aim their wares at the widest possible audience, but NOOOOOOOO!
>>> Bleeding-edge Flash really doesn't present much that we need to see
>>> anyway, or so I've found.
>>>

>> I reinstalled Flash version 7 and that demo plays.   Thanks everyone
>> for the help :)
>>
>> Barbara
>

> I couldn't figure out how to uninstall Flash 8.  It's not listed in
> Control Panel, nor in my Programs list.  I just re-installed Flash 7,
> hoping it would over-write version 8.
>
> Barbara

Barbara,

The Flash 8 Uninstaller is located on the Macromedia website page along
with the uninstaller for Flash 7.

http://www.macromedia.com/cfusion/knowledgebase/index.cfm?event=view&id=KC.tn_14157&extid=tn_14157&dialogID=101488923&iterationID=2&sessionID=96307f2a285fd5a5b294&stateID=0+0+25416459&mode=simple

That is a long URL and will likely break instead of wrap - so you might
need to paste it together.

Fred S
0
Fred
2/20/2006 6:45:21 PM
Fred S ***** wrote:
> Barbara wrote:

>>> I reinstalled Flash version 7 and that demo plays.   Thanks everyone
>>> for the help :)
>>>
>>> Barbara
>>

>> I couldn't figure out how to uninstall Flash 8.  It's not listed in
>> Control Panel, nor in my Programs list.  I just re-installed Flash 7,
>> hoping it would over-write version 8.
>>
>> Barbara
>

> Barbara,
>
> The Flash 8 Uninstaller is located on the Macromedia website page along
> with the uninstaller for Flash 7.
>
> http://www.macromedia.com/cfusion/knowledgebase/index.cfm?event=view&id=KC.tn_14157&extid=tn_14157&dialogID=101488923&iterationID=2&sessionID=96307f2a285fd5a5b294&stateID=0+0+25416459&mode=simple
>

> That is a long URL and will likely break instead of wrap - so you might
> need to paste it together.
>
> Fred S

Sorry about this but I noticed that there was a smaller URL for this page:

http://www.macromedia.com/go/tn_14157

Fred S
0
Fred
2/20/2006 6:50:09 PM
On 2/20/2006 10:50 AM Pacific Time, Fred S ***** wrote thusly:
> Fred S ***** wrote:
>> Barbara wrote:

>>> I couldn't figure out how to uninstall Flash 8.  It's not listed in
>>> Control Panel, nor in my Programs list.  I just re-installed Flash 7,
>>> hoping it would over-write version 8.
>>>
>>> Barbara
>>

>> Barbara,
>>
>> The Flash 8 Uninstaller is located on the Macromedia website page
>> along with the uninstaller for Flash 7.
>>
>> http://www.macromedia.com/cfusion/knowledgebase/index.cfm?event=view&id=KC.tn_14157&extid=tn_14157&dialogID=101488923&iterationID=2&sessionID=96307f2a285fd5a5b294&stateID=0+0+25416459&mode=simple
>>

>> That is a long URL and will likely break instead of wrap - so you
>> might need to paste it together.
>>
>> Fred S
>
> Sorry about this but I noticed that there was a smaller URL for this page:
>
> http://www.macromedia.com/go/tn_14157
>
> Fred S

Fred,
   Thanks :)  I've saved those uninstallers for future use if needed.

Barbara
0
Barbara
2/20/2006 6:59:07 PM
Barbara wrote:
> On 2/20/2006 10:16 AM Pacific Time, Barbara wrote thusly:

>>> A number of websites demand Flash 8.  There is no Flash 8 for linux,
>>> Flash 7 is the latest version.  You'd think that web designers would
>>> aim their wares at the widest possible audience, but NOOOOOOOO!
>>> Bleeding-edge Flash really doesn't present much that we need to see
>>> anyway, or so I've found.
>>>

>> I reinstalled Flash version 7 and that demo plays.   Thanks everyone
>> for the help :)
>>
>> Barbara
>
> I couldn't figure out how to uninstall Flash 8.  It's not listed in
> Control Panel, nor in my Programs list.  I just re-installed Flash 7,
> hoping it would over-write version 8.
>
> Barbara

If you were able to run PrefBar in FF 1.5 you could simply click on Flash
to stop it for that operation.  ;-)
0
Don
2/20/2006 7:14:23 PM
On 2/20/2006 10:37 AM Pacific Time, Fred S ***** wrote thusly:
> Barbara wrote:

>>> A number of websites demand Flash 8.  There is no Flash 8 for linux,
>>> Flash 7 is the latest version.  You'd think that web designers would
>>> aim their wares at the widest possible audience, but NOOOOOOOO!
>>> Bleeding-edge Flash really doesn't present much that we need to see
>>> anyway, or so I've found.
>>>

>> I reinstalled Flash version 7 and that demo plays.   Thanks everyone
>> for the help :)
>>
>> Barbara
>
> Hi Barbara,
>
> Thanks for the report and that saves me the time to do the uninstall of
> Flash 8 and reinstall of Flash 7 as I had promised in my earlier post.
>
> This points out that there certainly is some kind of problem with Flash
> 8 and FF which appears to be related as to how the "installed" plugin
> info is passed on to the website.
>
> Flash 7 works fine with many sites that are looking for Flash 4 and
> higher while Flash 8 does not on SOME sites.
>
> Flash 8 works fine in some cases but quite often other sites do not
> recognize it as being greater than Flash 5 when used with FF.
>
> Hopefully, this will be addressed by the Champions.
>
> Fred S
Fred,
   Even more interesting - when I check the version on MacroMedia, it
says I'm using version 8,0,22...
   I rebooted just to make sure before re-checking it.  PayPal demo
still works, so it seems like there is some key element in 7 that is
missing in 8 that makes that demo work.  Or, maybe I really have both of
them and FF is choosing which one to access?
   Anyway, thanks for the help.  Maybe the dialog will help someone else
who thinks they're going nuts :)

Barbara

0
Barbara
2/20/2006 7:16:40 PM
Barbara wrote:
> On 2/20/2006 10:16 AM Pacific Time, Barbara wrote thusly:

>>>A number of websites demand Flash 8.  There is no Flash 8 for linux,
>>>Flash 7 is the latest version.  You'd think that web designers would
>>>aim their wares at the widest possible audience, but NOOOOOOOO!
>>>Bleeding-edge Flash really doesn't present much that we need to see
>>>anyway, or so I've found.
>>>

>>I reinstalled Flash version 7 and that demo plays.   Thanks everyone for
>>the help :)
>>
>>Barbara
>

> I couldn't figure out how to uninstall Flash 8.  It's not listed in
> Control Panel, nor in my Programs list.  I just re-installed Flash 7,
> hoping it would over-write version 8.
>
> Barbara
its listed under Macromedia Flash Player 8
0
gwtc
2/20/2006 8:04:20 PM
Fred S ***** wrote:
> Barbara wrote:

>>>A number of websites demand Flash 8.  There is no Flash 8 for linux,
>>>Flash 7 is the latest version.  You'd think that web designers would
>>>aim their wares at the widest possible audience, but NOOOOOOOO!
>>>Bleeding-edge Flash really doesn't present much that we need to see
>>>anyway, or so I've found.
>>>

>>I reinstalled Flash version 7 and that demo plays.   Thanks everyone for
>>the help :)
>>
>>Barbara
>

> Hi Barbara,
>
> Thanks for the report and that saves me the time to do the uninstall of
> Flash 8 and reinstall of Flash 7 as I had promised in my earlier post.
>
> This points out that there certainly is some kind of problem with Flash
> 8 and FF which appears to be related as to how the "installed" plugin
> info is passed on to the website.
>
> Flash 7 works fine with many sites that are looking for Flash 4 and
> higher while Flash 8 does not on SOME sites.
>
> Flash 8 works fine in some cases but quite often other sites do not
> recognize it as being greater than Flash 5 when used with FF.
>
> Hopefully, this will be addressed by the Champions.
>
> Fred S
why should it be addressed by the Champions? Its not their problem, I
would say there is something wrong with Flash 8.  Therefore its a
Macromedia problem.  Contact them and tell them whats wrong with the
problem site and ask them if its the Flash problem or what.
0
gwtc
2/20/2006 8:04:37 PM
gwtc wrote:

> Fred S ***** wrote:
>
>>Barbara wrote:

>>>I reinstalled Flash version 7 and that demo plays.   Thanks everyone for
>>>the help :)
>>>
>>>Barbara
>>

>>Hi Barbara,
>>
>>Thanks for the report and that saves me the time to do the uninstall of
>>Flash 8 and reinstall of Flash 7 as I had promised in my earlier post.
>>
>>This points out that there certainly is some kind of problem with Flash
>>8 and FF which appears to be related as to how the "installed" plugin
>>info is passed on to the website.
>>
>>Flash 7 works fine with many sites that are looking for Flash 4 and
>>higher while Flash 8 does not on SOME sites.
>>
>>Flash 8 works fine in some cases but quite often other sites do not
>>recognize it as being greater than Flash 5 when used with FF.
>>
>>Hopefully, this will be addressed by the Champions.
>>
>>Fred S
>
> why should it be addressed by the Champions? Its not their problem, I
> would say there is something wrong with Flash 8.  Therefore its a
> Macromedia problem.  Contact them and tell them whats wrong with the
> problem site and ask them if its the Flash problem or what.
update: I just filed a bug report with Macromedia.
0
gwtc
2/20/2006 8:20:12 PM
gwtc wrote:
> gwtc wrote:
>
>> Fred S ***** wrote:

>>> Hi Barbara,
>>>
>>> Thanks for the report and that saves me the time to do the uninstall
>>> of Flash 8 and reinstall of Flash 7 as I had promised in my earlier
>>> post.
>>>
>>> This points out that there certainly is some kind of problem with
>>> Flash 8 and FF which appears to be related as to how the "installed"
>>> plugin info is passed on to the website.
>>>
>>> Flash 7 works fine with many sites that are looking for Flash 4 and
>>> higher while Flash 8 does not on SOME sites.
>>>
>>> Flash 8 works fine in some cases but quite often other sites do not
>>> recognize it as being greater than Flash 5 when used with FF.
>>>
>>> Hopefully, this will be addressed by the Champions.
>>>
>>> Fred S
>>

>> why should it be addressed by the Champions? Its not their problem, I
>> would say there is something wrong with Flash 8.  Therefore its a
>> Macromedia problem.  Contact them and tell them whats wrong with the
>> problem site and ask them if its the Flash problem or what.
>
> update: I just filed a bug report with Macromedia.

gwtc,

You might have missed some of the thread but from what I have heard,
Flash 8 was a fairly new release to "fix" some security holes found in
Flash 7.

Accessing some sites on the web, and in some stand alone programs, Flash
8 causes an error message saying that one needs version 5 or higher of
Flash.

It appears to be a Flash issue but Barbara reported that the web site
demo works with IE but not FF.

Given that there are some "issues" here, it seems that FF might be a
part of the problem although I feel Flash 8 is really the culprit.

Anyway, thanks for filing the bug report.

Fred S
0
Fred
2/20/2006 8:29:10 PM
> I tried to use the demo at PayPal in FF -
> https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_email-payments-overview-outside
> and it keeps telling me that I need Flash Player 5 or greater.  I've
> installed MacroMedia 8 several times, read all the posts here, closed
> FF, etc. several times and still cannot get that demo to work.  Even
> uninstalled the FlashBlock extension in case that was blocking it,
>   Can anyone help?  That link works just fine in IE 6.
>
> Barbara
> Windows XP SP2
I use FF 1.5.0.1 with flash 8, not using flashblock and getting the same
result. I checked the html code and seen that if that demo page cannot
retrieve required information about the flash version you have, it
allows you to ignore:

if (dontKnow) {
             // undetermined flash version
             document.write('We were unable to determine whether or not
you have the required player installed.');
             document.write('<br><br>');
             document.write('If you believe you have Macromedia Flash '
+ requiredVersion + ' installed,');
             document.write('<br>');
             document.write('click <a
href="javascript:writeFlash();">here</a> to bypass this detection.');
             document.write('<br><br>');
             document.write('If you are unsure, click the button below
to install the latest version.');
         } else {
             // determined but not version >= required
             document.write('Click the button below to upgrade flash to
the most current version.');
         }

And found out something strange!

The link to the flash page you wanna see is:

https://www.paypal.com/en_US/m/paypal_emailDemo_load.swf

and it works fine!

I think it's a flash version detection fault. Origin is ff based
(reporting) or the page itself (detecting)...
0
Selcuk

Is it just me or has the Fandango site stopped working with FF (1.5.0.7, 1.5.0.9, 2.0) on eComStation 1.2 ?
Hi all, I've possibly messed up my Firefox installations, but other pages still seem to work OK. Has anyone else had problems recently with http://www.fandango.com ? The home page comes up, and then completely hangs my system, and even if I ctrl-alt-delete and kill Firefox with TOP, I just get a black screen and have to re-boot. It used to work fine. If it's just me, does anyone have any advice for what might be happening or how to go about figuring it out ? Thanks in advance, Karen Roberts On Sat, 3 Mar 2007 19:13:13 UTC, Karen Roberts <kvroberts@comcast.net>...

Firefox 1.5.0.9, Firefox 2.0.0.1 and Thunderbird 1.5.0.9 Security & Stability Updates
As part of Mozilla Corporation�s ongoing stability and security update process, Firefox 1.5.0.9, Firefox 2.0.0.1 and Thunderbird 1.5.0.9 are now available for Windows, Mac, and Linux for free download from getfirefox.com (http://www.getfirefox.com) & getthunderbird.com (http://www.getthunderbird.com). We strongly recommend that all Firefox users upgrade to this latest release. This update is available immediately in 41 languages including Spanish, Japanese, Arabic, Hungarian and more. Note: Firefox 1.5.0.x will be maintained with security and stability updates until Apr...

Firefox 1.5.0.9, Firefox 2.0.0.1 and Thunderbird 1.5.0.9 Security & Stability Updates
As part of Mozilla Corporation�s ongoing stability and security update process, Firefox 1.5.0.9, Firefox 2.0.0.1 and Thunderbird 1.5.0.9 are now available for Windows, Mac, and Linux for free download from getfirefox.com (http://www.getfirefox.com) & getthunderbird.com (http://www.getthunderbird.com). We strongly recommend that all Firefox users upgrade to this latest release. This update is available immediately in 41 languages including Spanish, Japanese, Arabic, Hungarian and more. Note: Firefox 1.5.0.x will be maintained with security and stability updates until Apr...

PDF Download 0.5.1.1 works with Firefox 1.5 Beta1
PDF Download 0.5.1.1 is available on the author website (http://www.rabotat.org/firefox) and it is compatible with Firefox 1.5 Beta1. Denis ...

Did FF 1.5.0.1 brake my flash player?
My Macromedia flash player worked automagically fine before I installed 1.5.0.1. Now it does not. I reinstalled the flash player but no luck. Some advice would be much appreciated. Thanks. Penthor-Mul Penthor-Mul wrote: > My Macromedia flash player worked automagically fine before I installed > 1.5.0.1. Now it does not. I reinstalled the flash player but no luck. > Some advice would be much appreciated. Thanks. > > Penthor-Mul in the address bar type in about:plugins and look for Shockwave Flash. Is it there? If not, then close your brower, and ...

FF 1.5 or 1.5.0.1?
The "about Firefox" screen in my Firefox shows it to be version 1.5. Yet there are several messages about FF 1.5.0.1 . When I go to the Firefox website there seems to only be version 1.5 available for download. Where do I find version 1.5.0.1 and is available for general release and use? Thanks. Jeff _Jeff_ spoke thusly on 25/01/2006 4:28 AM: > The "about Firefox" screen in my Firefox shows it to be version 1.5. Yet > there are several messages about FF 1.5.0.1 . When I go to the Firefox > website there seems to only be version 1.5 a...

latest browser release 1.5.0.5. does not work. 1.5.0.4. works fine
Name: bill foster Product: Firefox Summary: latest browser release 1.5.0.5. does not work. 1.5.0.4. works fine Comments: your latest update has in my opinion a problem. but first your updater does not ask if you wish to update it automatically downloads and installs. i do not like this approach. i should be given the option to choose and there should be a 'return to previous version' option. the latest version installs and after reopening it cannot find the mozilla site (or any others) stating the site cannot be found with an option to try again. Browser Details: ...

Innotek Flash 5 w/Firefox 1.5.0.1
I can't seem to get the Flash plugin to work. I installed Java and that works fine, but I just can't get the Flash to work at all. Could it be that the flash pages that you visit these days are advanced to the point that version 5 of flash just doesn't get the job done? Upon installation, I specified the plugins directory of my install of FF...but still no avail. Am I missing anything? Thanks much. JBL Jeff Lloyd napsal(a): > I can't seem to get the Flash plugin to work. I installed Java and that > works fine, but I just can't get the Flash...

Firefox 2 Beta 1 disabled my 1.5 compatible extensions IN FIREFOX 1.5.0.4!!!!
Name: Philip Schlesinger Email: theschles_at_NO-SPAM-PLEASE-yahoo.com Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 2 Beta 1 disabled my 1.5 compatible extensions IN FIREFOX 1.5.0.4!!!! Comments: Folks - I can understand you disabling any incompatible extensions when installing Firefox 2 Beta 1 in an environment where a previous Firefox installation exists (in my case, Firefox 1.5.0.4). However, what the heck were you thinking when you configured the Firefox 2 Beta 1 install to disable those same extensions in my existing Firefox 1.5.0.4?!!! I now have to reload about 95% of my ex...

upgrading from firefox 1.0 to firefox 1.0.1
followup to grc.techtalk upgrading from firefox 1.0 to firefox 1.0.1 http://weblogs.mozillazine.org/asa/archives/007689.html ----------------------------------------------------------- Quote ----------------------------------------------------------- Steps for upgrading from Firefox 1.0 to Firefox 1.0.1 Automatic Update (Windows only) Windows users 1. Before beginning the update, be sure to complete any work you're doing in Firefox 1.0 and close any extra tabs or windows you may have open. 2. If you see a small red icon update icon on the right end of your menub...

Howto Upgrade FF 1.5. -> 1.5.0.1
Hello! I keep up about 300 computers enviroment and we use Firefox 1.5.0. Can I download somewhere only that patch (751 k) and then delivery (with SMS server) that to all our computers or should I download full version (1.5.0.1) and delivery that? Thanks, =mikko= _=mikko=_ spoke thusly on 02/02/2006 3:31 AM: > Hello! > > I keep up about 300 computers enviroment and we use Firefox 1.5.0. > > Can I download somewhere only that patch (751 k) and then delivery (with SMS > server) that to all our computers or should I download full version > (1....

How do i stop Firefox 1.5.0.1 from replacing my 1.5 and losing my extensions?
I was typing in another window, when the annoying popup to upgrade from 1.5 to 1.5.0.1 came up again. As it happened, it took focus and got carriage return I had just typed. So it starts downloading, I closed the window, hoping it would stop. It did not. Now if I reboot or close all firefox windows, it is going to put in 1.5.0.1 which I have decided I do not want at this time. Will someone please preach to me? I am losing faith. This is the kind of crap Microsoft or AOL would pull. Any idea how to prevent this forced upgrade from happening? (Forced because it grabbed focus...

Flash Player not working with Firefox 3.0 or Firefox 3.1 Beta
Name: Karyl Severson Email: karyldotseversonatbredbanddotnet Product: Firefox Release Candidate Summary: Flash Player not working with Firefox 3.0 or Firefox 3.1 Beta Comments: Hi, there - I have installed and re-installed Adobe Flash Player for Mac, and have installed both Firefox 3.0 and now 3.1 Beta, but websites requiring Flash no longer work. It is not an extreme problem as I can use Safari on my Mac, but I prefer the normal robustness of Firefox. Thanks very much. Karyl Severson Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X 10.4; en-US; rv:1.9....

SeaMonkey 1.0.1 and Firefox 1.5, 2.0, 3.0 version can be said to be a same at code level
Dear, I am pursuing my research in the field of sotware maintainence at preventive level. i had published some of my research paper in ACM SIGSOFT SEN. As per my research i designed the metrics model for smelly classes with the help of firefox three versions and then i had validated or tested the metrics model with the one version of SeaMonkey. I got the review upon my research that SeaMonkey and Firefox are same at the code level. These cannot be treated as two different data set. But what i had read is they both only usage the same Gecko engine from your website. Some more from yo...

Web resources about - Flash player not working in FF 1.5.0.1 - mozilla.support.firefox

Working class - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Working class (or lower class , labouring class, sometimes proletariat ) is a term used in the social sciences and in ordinary conversation to ...

This Is How Facebook Is Working to Improve Experience On Slower Connections
... outlined how it is trying to build out the world’s largest social network, while still keeping emerging markets in mind. Facebook is working ...

Apple rumored to be working on its own GPU
It's no secret that Apple prefers to own and control as much of the underlying technologies in its products as possible. The number of examples ...

My Career Left No Room For Motherhood. Now I Advocate For Working Moms
... slap of discrimination by excelling in the traditionally male occupation of law. Boy oh boy, was I wrong. I had made the transition to working ...

comedian Brian Posehn working on "full metal" LP for Megaforce w/ Scott Ian, Gary Holt, Kim Thayil & ...
Comedian and serious metalhead Brian Posehn is apparently hard at work on a new metal/comedy album, following up his albums Fart and Wiener Jokes ...

Here's how to turn your iPhone into a working scale
It's now possible to turn your new iPhone's screen into a working scale that will measure up to 385 grams (over 13 ounces and slightly less than ...

The answer to working from the beach?
For anyone who's ever toyed with the idea of being a freelancer, CNBC speaks with two successful freelancers who've been there and done that. ...

Crave Ep. 228: Working mini Death Star destroys things quite well
A laser artist shows off his latest creation, threatening mini worlds across the universe.

AT&T and Verizon both working on sponsored data offers
The nation's two biggest wireless carriers, AT&T and Verizon Wireless, have entered another competitive arena, this time over so-called "sponsored ...

Kentucky Gov. Matt Bevin says Obamacare not working—70 percent of Kentuckians disagree
A new poll from the Kaiser Family Foundation finds that 72 percent of all Kentuckians want to keep Medicaid the same, opposing Gov. Matt Bevin’s ...