FIrefox support - where is it?

I have had a message posted now for about two weeks in here and no
replies - I'm used to the old Netscape support group that seemed to be
very involved in anyone's issues - a lot of discussion and support.
Does anyone have suggestions for links for technical support for
Firefox browser? I like the browser and would like to switch over from
Netscape but I need some help. Appreciate any ideas and links.

0
technical80

On 23.09.2007 01:29, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused
technical80@yahoo.com to generate the following:? :
> I have had a message posted now for about two weeks in here and no
> replies - I'm used to the old Netscape support group that seemed to be
> very involved in anyone's issues - a lot of discussion and support.
> Does anyone have suggestions for links for technical support for
> Firefox browser? I like the browser and would like to switch over from
> Netscape but I need some help. Appreciate any ideas and links.

your previous message is still there 19th September

re-post (QUOTE)
I'm a new user to Firefox. Although it works ok - I'm not getting my
displays to work properly. For example on the Yahoo home page in the
left menu I get the verbiage ( ex sports), but not the icon. Same for
all the pages. Downloaded current Flash - but no help (suggestion from
tech at office).   Also I get some windows that are clear where the
text is overlaying the screen display.Appreciate any help.
ENDQUOTE

reg

0
squaredancer
9/22/2007 11:54:37 PM
technical80@yahoo.com wrote:
> I have had a message posted now for about two weeks in here and no
> replies - I'm used to the old Netscape support group that seemed to be
> very involved in anyone's issues - a lot of discussion and support.
> Does anyone have suggestions for links for technical support for
> Firefox browser? I like the browser and would like to switch over from
> Netscape but I need some help. Appreciate any ideas and links.

http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewforum.php?f=38
0
Dan
9/23/2007 12:37:37 AM
<technical80@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1190503780.835523.30560@y42g2000hsy.googlegroups.com...
>I have had a message posted now for about two weeks in here and no
> replies - I'm used to the old Netscape support group that seemed to be
> very involved in anyone's issues - a lot of discussion and support.
> Does anyone have suggestions for links for technical support for
> Firefox browser? I like the browser and would like to switch over from
> Netscape but I need some help. Appreciate any ideas and links.

Don't know where you posted two weeks ago, but I don't see any thread
originated by you two weeks ago.  I  answered one that you posted
4 days ago about images and you'd have to supply urls for help with a specific site.

Usually when you ask a question and don't get an answer it is because people
don't know the answer,  I think you are in the correct place for when you do
need to ask a question.    I find that if I ask a question and it doesn't get answered
I'll find it myself  later on possibly from an answer to someone else's question.
It probably helps  people  respond better to you if you use your name.

Other than passwords,  and bookmarks,  I would expect that you would
start new in Firefox like most others starting from scratch. You should be
able to find most all of the things that you liked in Netscape in Firefox and
many with what appear to be the same extension names.

Most questions can be answered simply by using Google to search these depending
on what you are looking for,  web searches for
     site:mozillazine.org
     site:addons.mozilla.org/firefox
and   Google Groups to search this newsgroup
     group:mozilla.support.firefox

To just browse for interesting articles or topics
     http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/tips
     http://www.mozilla.com/        (see items in bar at top like Support)
       http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/support/
          http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/tips
          http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/edit
     http://kb.mozillazine.org/Knowledge_Base
       http://kb.mozillazine.org/Category:Configuration
         http://kb.mozillazine.org/About:config_entries    (give this a keyword shortcut of "aboutconfig:")
     http://www.mozilla.org/unix/customizing.html      (doesn't matter if you use unix or not)
 My pages  "Firefox customizations (Notes)"  at
     http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/firefox/firefox.htm

--
HTH,
David McRitchie,

0
David
9/23/2007 1:39:06 AM
On 9/22/2007 7:29 PM, technical80@yahoo.com wrote:
> I have had a message posted now for about two weeks in here and no
> replies - I'm used to the old Netscape support group that seemed to be
> very involved in anyone's issues - a lot of discussion and support.
> Does anyone have suggestions for links for technical support for
> Firefox browser? I like the browser and would like to switch over from
> Netscape but I need some help. Appreciate any ideas and links.

I see only one post from you 5 days ago. (icons not showing up)

The post does not include a URL, so it would not be possible for someone to
check out the site and try to duplicate what you are seeing.

I will offer some suggestions in the original post so that the response will be
with the appropriate subject.

--
G. R. Woodring

Firefox Support?
Hopefully someone will answer this. I have seen several posts asking about Firefox support in NW65SP3 with no responses. I see that support should be there in SP3, but it isn't working on any of the servers in our school district. I am running FF 1.0.4, and the 4.0.5 iPrint client. We are still receiving the message that iPrint is not installed. Is there something that I need to do on the server to enable iPrint support for other browsers? -- ----------------------------------------------------------------- Timothy M. Musa Community Consolidated School District 93 ...

Firefox or not Firefox

firefox support
Name: hen Product: Firefox Summary: firefox support Comments: firefox should support Firefox 2.x.x.x and 3.x.x - 5 years to 7 years should be good support Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.3) Gecko/2008092417 Firefox/3.0.3 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

why not support firefox
Name: Email: michelwongatyahoodotcom Product: Firefox Summary: why not support firefox Comments: Dear Sirs I notice that many China website e.g. http://v.163.com/tvlist/borpage_81.html not support firefox but only IE. The box said : "您现在使用浏览器(如FireFox)无法正常观看,请使用 IE(Internet Explorer)浏览器打开此页面!". This is only 1 example, but there are many more cases like this from China sites. Another 1 is CCTV(http://vod.cctv.com/podcast/index), but after I ungrade to 3.5.3 recently, CCTV China pop-up a small box asking me to plugin, after that I can view it. Please improv...

Firefox Not supported
Name: Chris Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox Not supported Comments: Firefox not supported on NatWest online banking. Running Firefox version 3.1b3 Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.4; en-GB; rv:1.9.1b3) Gecko/20090305 Firefox/3.1b3 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

support/what support
Name: William Johnson Email: william0992atsbcglobaldotnet Product: Firefox Summary: support/what support Comments: your support? department for Firefox issues is nothing but a circular maze of unbelievably confusing information that is of no use for the layman and I would dump this piece of trash if I didn't need it for certain websites. I don't know how to reprogram the many bugs or fix the many websites broken by this thing and its "error console" with no directions as to what to do with it. What is it's purpose if there is no help function for it? ...

Support Firefox
Name: Product: Firefox Summary: Support Firefox Comments: In US, online banks can be accessed by using firefox, which is not the case in China since in China banks usually issue a plug-in which is a pre-requsite and is only compatible with IE. I believe this problem hinders the more poluparization of FIREFOX in China. But in US, this is hardly a problem, I prefer Firefox. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; zh-CN; rv:1.9.1.6) Gecko/20091201 Firefox/3.5.6 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response...

Firefox support
I have been experimenting around with Mozilla's Firefox browser, here are my questions: 1. has anyone else been looking into this, if so what have you found for compatibility 2. I have found that only 1 of the page layouts render correctly in Firefox, does anyone know why, or if this is being worked on? Thanks again for your time and knowledge 1. has anyone else been looking into this, if so what have you found for compatibility Some of the html editors don't work that well or at all in FF. 2. I have found that only 1 of the page layouts render correctly in Firefox, does an...

Firefox support should be ...
-- i think -- Firefox support should last 5 years to 7 years for Firefox 2.x.x.x and 3.x.x ...

Firefox support
There is a new IPrint client (4.05) on Novell's site. Does this version support Firefox? Thanks. MC No issues for iPrint 4.0.5 under Firefox 1.0.1 and 1.0.2. I also had no issues under earlier iPrint clients either. >>> Mike<curt@fordhamprep.org> 4/14/2005 10:55 AM >>> There is a new IPrint client (4.05) on Novell's site. Does this version support Firefox? Thanks. MC Michael Fraser wrote: > No issues for iPrint 4.0.5 under Firefox 1.0.1 and 1.0.2. > > I also had no issues under earlier iPrint clients either. > >...

Firefox 3.0 has broken the little AppleScript support remaining in Firefox
Name: James Yost Email: mrpersonatearthlinkdotnet Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 3.0 has broken the little AppleScript support remaining in Firefox Comments: In previous versions of Firefox there was slight AppleScript support. Version 3 has broken what remained (i.e. properties of window n). The Macintosh community would welcome more AppleScript support - At least a "do javascript" command from AppleScript would help a great deal. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X Mach-O; en-US; rv:1.8.1.14) Gecko/20080404 Firefox/2.0.0.14 From URL: http...

Firefox add-on "slogger" no longer supported with Firefox 3.x
Hello everyone, I did some research on my own to find a replacement or a way to make it work with Firefox 3.x since I found it so convenient. Since this was not really successful I turn to the group if anyone has advice :-) slogger is an add-on that (as I configured it) keeps a monthly log of URLs that I loaded (with timestamps) and a text-only-version of the pages (named with the timestamp) so that I can do full-text-search. Whenever I didn't remember where I had been seeing some information I searched through these logs and I did find what I was looking for quite ...

Partially self-built Firefox OS (was: Re: Supported locales in Firefox OS and OEMs)
On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 2:18 PM, Gervase Markham <gerv@mozilla.org> wrote: > I _hope_ (as in, it fits with our principles, I think it was the case, > but I am not closely involved) that one thing we do require is for the > phones to be unlockable. So people can, at least theoretically, install > other builds of Firefox OS, including versions with different locales, > after they have purchased the phone. Of course, this would require > CyanogenMod-like engineering because the phones will have proprietary > drivers in them. Having to install a new native code...

All version of Firefox (including Firefox 3.6.6) can not support some function (such as 巴士小巴 button) of the following website
Name: All version of Firefox (including Firefox 3.6.6) can not support some function (such as 巴士小巴 button) of the following website Email: All version of Firefox (including Firefox 3dot6dot6) can not support some function (such as 巴士小巴 button) of the following website Product: Firefox Summary: All version of Firefox (including Firefox 3.6.6) can not support some function (such as 巴士小巴 button) of the following website Comments: All version of Firefox (including Firefox 3.6.6) can not support some function (such as 巴士小巴 button) of the following website http://www.centamap.com/gc...

Web resources about - FIrefox support - where is it? - mozilla.support.firefox

Firefox Affiliates

Firefox OS
The latest news about Firefox OS

Techarger Firefox