FIrefox support - where is it?

I have had a message posted now for about two weeks in here and no
replies - I'm used to the old Netscape support group that seemed to be
very involved in anyone's issues - a lot of discussion and support.
Does anyone have suggestions for links for technical support for
Firefox browser? I like the browser and would like to switch over from
Netscape but I need some help. Appreciate any ideas and links.
0
technical80
9/22/2007 11:29:40 PM
๐Ÿ“ mozilla.support.firefox
๐Ÿ“ƒ 24319 articles.
โญ 10 followers.

๐Ÿ’ฌ 4 Replies
๐Ÿ‘๏ธโ€๐Ÿ—จ๏ธ 2215 Views

On 23.09.2007 01:29, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused
technical80@yahoo.com to generate the following:? :
> I have had a message posted now for about two weeks in here and no
> replies - I'm used to the old Netscape support group that seemed to be
> very involved in anyone's issues - a lot of discussion and support.
> Does anyone have suggestions for links for technical support for
> Firefox browser? I like the browser and would like to switch over from
> Netscape but I need some help. Appreciate any ideas and links.

your previous message is still there 19th September
re-post (QUOTE)
I'm a new user to Firefox. Although it works ok - I'm not getting my
displays to work properly. For example on the Yahoo home page in the
left menu I get the verbiage ( ex sports), but not the icon. Same for
all the pages. Downloaded current Flash - but no help (suggestion from
tech at office).   Also I get some windows that are clear where the
text is overlaying the screen display.Appreciate any help.
ENDQUOTE
reg
0
squaredancer
9/22/2007 11:54:37 PM
technical80@yahoo.com wrote:
> I have had a message posted now for about two weeks in here and no
> replies - I'm used to the old Netscape support group that seemed to be
> very involved in anyone's issues - a lot of discussion and support.
> Does anyone have suggestions for links for technical support for
> Firefox browser? I like the browser and would like to switch over from
> Netscape but I need some help. Appreciate any ideas and links.

http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewforum.php?f=38
0
Dan
9/23/2007 12:37:37 AM
<technical80@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1190503780.835523.30560@y42g2000hsy.googlegroups.com...
>I have had a message posted now for about two weeks in here and no
> replies - I'm used to the old Netscape support group that seemed to be
> very involved in anyone's issues - a lot of discussion and support.
> Does anyone have suggestions for links for technical support for
> Firefox browser? I like the browser and would like to switch over from
> Netscape but I need some help. Appreciate any ideas and links.
Don't know where you posted two weeks ago, but I don't see any thread
originated by you two weeks ago.  I  answered one that you posted
4 days ago about images and you'd have to supply urls for help with a specific site.
Usually when you ask a question and don't get an answer it is because people
don't know the answer,  I think you are in the correct place for when you do
need to ask a question.    I find that if I ask a question and it doesn't get answered
I'll find it myself  later on possibly from an answer to someone else's question.
It probably helps  people  respond better to you if you use your name.
Other than passwords,  and bookmarks,  I would expect that you would
start new in Firefox like most others starting from scratch. You should be
able to find most all of the things that you liked in Netscape in Firefox and
many with what appear to be the same extension names.

Most questions can be answered simply by using Google to search these depending
on what you are looking for,  web searches for
     site:mozillazine.org
     site:addons.mozilla.org/firefox
and   Google Groups to search this newsgroup
     group:mozilla.support.firefox
To just browse for interesting articles or topics
     http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/tips
     http://www.mozilla.com/        (see items in bar at top like Support)
       http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/support/
          http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/tips
          http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/edit
     http://kb.mozillazine.org/Knowledge_Base
       http://kb.mozillazine.org/Category:Configuration
         http://kb.mozillazine.org/About:config_entries    (give this a keyword shortcut of "aboutconfig:")
     http://www.mozilla.org/unix/customizing.html      (doesn't matter if you use unix or not)
 My pages  "Firefox customizations (Notes)"  at
     http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/firefox/firefox.htm
--
HTH,
David McRitchie,

0
David
9/23/2007 1:39:06 AM
On 9/22/2007 7:29 PM, technical80@yahoo.com wrote:
> I have had a message posted now for about two weeks in here and no
> replies - I'm used to the old Netscape support group that seemed to be
> very involved in anyone's issues - a lot of discussion and support.
> Does anyone have suggestions for links for technical support for
> Firefox browser? I like the browser and would like to switch over from
> Netscape but I need some help. Appreciate any ideas and links.

I see only one post from you 5 days ago. (icons not showing up)
The post does not include a URL, so it would not be possible for someone to
check out the site and try to duplicate what you are seeing.
I will offer some suggestions in the original post so that the response will be
with the appropriate subject.
--
G. R. Woodring