Firefox 3.0.4 and 3.0.5 crashes !

Dear all,
I've always been a big Firefox fan,
but these last versions have really unacceptable crashing rates,
approx like every 5-10 minutes....

Is Mozilla REALLY working on it ?

Thank you
0
nioski

nioski said this on 12/30/2008 6:38 AM:
> Dear all,
> I've always been a big Firefox fan,
> but these last versions have really unacceptable crashing rates,
> approx like every 5-10 minutes....
>
> Is Mozilla REALLY working on it ?
>
> Thank you
I've had both versions from the day they were official released.   Win
XP MCE2005 SP3 and have had zero crashes.      None, Noda, ZIP, 0.
I don't see a buggy program at all.
0
Big_Al
12/30/2008 1:13:06 PM
nioski wrote:
> Dear all,
> I've always been a big Firefox fan,
> but these last versions have really unacceptable crashing rates,
> approx like every 5-10 minutes....
>
> Is Mozilla REALLY working on it ?
>
> Thank you

Running FF 3.0.5 on XP SP3 with no problems at all.

Could one of your add-ons/extensions be causing the problem? Disable
them all and re-introduce one by one until it crashes again?

Cheers

Kol

0
Raskolnikoff
12/30/2008 1:29:20 PM
nioski wrote:
> Dear all,
> I've always been a big Firefox fan,
> but these last versions have really unacceptable crashing rates,
> approx like every 5-10 minutes....
>
> Is Mozilla REALLY working on it ?
>
> Thank you
Perhaps you would do well to look at your setup.  Most of us have no
such problems.  Start with a new profile, and work from there.
Write back about how that works.

--
Ron Hunter  rphunter@charter.net
0
Raskolnikoff wrote:
> nioski wrote:
>> Dear all,
>> I've always been a big Firefox fan,
>> but these last versions have really unacceptable crashing rates,
>> approx like every 5-10 minutes....
>>
>> Is Mozilla REALLY working on it ?
>
> Running FF 3.0.5 on XP SP3 with no problems at all.

Same here.
On 12/30/2008 5:30 AM, Ron Hunter wrote:
> nioski wrote:
>> Dear all,
>> I've always been a big Firefox fan,
>> but these last versions have really unacceptable crashing rates,
>> approx like every 5-10 minutes....
>>
>> Is Mozilla REALLY working on it ?
>>
>> Thank you
> Perhaps you would do well to look at your setup.  Most of us have no
> such problems.  Start with a new profile, and work from there.
> Write back about how that works.

Perhaps the OP should review the Mozilla Knowledge Base articles on this
problem:
http://www.google.com/cse?cx=003258325049489668794%3Aru2dpahviq8&q=firefox+crashes&sa=Search&cof=FORID%3A0

--
Irwin

Irwin
12/30/2008 7:52:42 PM
Thank you, I had more plugins than expected (Real player, ecc.)
I'll keep you informed :-)
0
nioski

How to roll back to Firefox 3.0.3 from Firefox 3.0.4
After I updated to firefox 3.0.4 I could no longer connect to the internet. Says server not found. Tried several web sites, including google and yahoo. It appears that the problem is with zonealarm firewall. If I turn off the firewall, the pages load. However, zonealarm normaly would ask me to allow it to connect to the internet. But is not since asking me about firefox, just blocking it. Never had that problem before. So while I figure that out, just like to go back to 3.0.3 Thanks for any help I can get. On 16.11.2008 09:30, CET - what odd quirk of fate ca...

Firefox 3.0 Beta 3 look better than Firefox 3.0 Beta 4 buttons
Name: Nikita Email: rcplain123atgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Release Candidate Summary: Firefox 3.0 Beta 3 look better than Firefox 3.0 Beta 4 buttons Comments: Firefox 3.0 Beta 3 look better than Firefox 3.0 Beta 4 buttons. The simple colors of Beta 3 "Back" and "Forward" buttons end up looking better. Also the skinny "Refresh" and "Stop" buttons do not look good. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9b4) Gecko/2008030714 Firefox/3.0b4 ...

Home disappears in Firefox 3.0 and Firefox 3.0.3
Name: J. Gonyeau Email: gja352atyahoodotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Home disappears in Firefox 3.0 and Firefox 3.0.3 Comments: The following has been an ongoing problem for the past 2-3 weeks. I am using Windows XP SP3. In both products, Firefox 3.0 and 3.0.3, the home page (I usually have 3 tabbed sites on startup) disappears and a black page appears. When I press the home button, I get the Mozilla Google page. The only way of getting the correct home is to reload Firefox. The problem is occurring on a 1-3 day interval. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; W...

Firefox/3.5.2 crashes whereas Firefox/3.0.13 does not crash with streaming data
Name: john Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox/3.5.2 crashes whereas Firefox/3.0.13 does not crash with streaming data Comments: Firefox/3.5.2 crashes when I attempt to receive "streaming data" from a certain website, whereas I have always been able to receive such "streaming data" without any problem from such website under Firefox/3.0.13. In other words, Firefox/3.5.2 crashes whereas Firefox/3.0.12 does not crash under the same scenario. From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback ...

When updating from 3.0.15, Firefox updated to 3.5.4 instead of 3.5.5
Name: Product: Firefox Summary: When updating from 3.0.15, Firefox updated to 3.5.4 instead of 3.5.5 Comments: Possibly by design, but when autoupdating from 3.0.15, Firefox updated to 3.5.4 instead of 3.5.5. I would assume this is known, but it seems strange and was the case across a wide number of systems that I updated today. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.5) Gecko/20091102 Firefox/3.5.5 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but...

Firefox 3.0.5 far less stable than 3.0.4
I strongly discourage anyone permitting an updated to Firefox 3.0.5 on a well-behaved MacBook Pro. I recently downloaded Firefox 3.0.5, and find it a miserable step *backwards* in many unusual ways. I run Mc OSX 10.4.11 on a 2.2Ghx Core 2 Duo, with 2G RAM. I have used all Firefox releases as my primary browser, on well over 100 different sites per day (30 to 40 new sites), for over a year. Since downloading 3.0.5 (and Zotero) several very distinct errors are common, including within a few minutes after cold reboot and new browser instance. Launch of Firefox now consumes between...

SeaMonkey 2.0 and Firefox 3.5.4/3.0.15 released
SeaMonkey 2.0 and Firefox 3.5.4 as well as Firefox 3.0.15 are now available for OS/2. There are numerous changes between SeaMonkey 1.1.x and 2.0. The most important ones are listed on http://www.seamonkey-project.org/releases/seamonkey2.0/ As this release is based on Gecko 1.9.1, this means that on OS/2 we get both the advantages (e.g. solution to the transparent PNG problem) and the disadvantages (e.g. no direct printing) of the cairo-based graphics backend. The disadvantages are worked on, though. SeaMonkey 2.0 uses a new profile directory layout. If you already have MOZILL...

Firefox 3.0.5 far less stable than 3.0.4 #2
I strongly discourage updates to Firefox 3.0.5 on a well-behaved MacBook Pro. I recently downloaded Firefox 3.0.5, and find it a miserable step *backwards* in many unusual ways. I run Mc OSX 10.4.11 on a 2.2Ghx Core 2 Duo, with 2G RAM. I have used all Firefox releases as my primary browser, on well over 100 different sites per day (30 to 40 new sites), for over a year. Since downloading 3.0.5 (and Zotero) several very distinct errors are common, including within a few minutes after cold reboot and new browser instance. Launch of Firefox now consumes between 15 and 30 seconds, u...

Backed off firefox 3.0.5 to firefox 2.0.0.20
Name: Jack Werner Email: jndotwernerathotmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Backed off firefox 3.0.5 to firefox 2.0.0.20 Comments: I upgraded to firefox 3.0.5 and lost functionality. My home page no longer "sticks" between repeated invocations of firefox. My Usernames don't "stick" either. With 2.0.0.20 I have this functionality. That is why I backleveled to it. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.20) Gecko/20081217 Firefox/2.0.0.20 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expe...

Firefox 2.0.0.17 / 3.0.2, 3.0.3 Post Mortem
Hey all, We'll be doing a post-mortem on the recent branch releases - long overdue, sorry for the delay in scheduling. Details: * Thursday - 2:00pm Pacific, 5:00pm Eastern, 21:00 UTC * Mozilla Building S - <script> conference room * 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x91 Conf# 8605 (US/INTL) * 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 8605 (US) * irc.mozilla.org #postmortem for backchannel Agenda * identifying problems that caused the respins * identifying issues missed which caused 3.0.3 * analysis of large vs. small releases * communic...

Fehler beim update von Firefox 3.0.4 auf 3.0.5
Name: Lambert Isola Email: lambertdotisolaatonlinedotde Product: Firefox Summary: Fehler beim update von Firefox 3.0.4 auf 3.0.5 Comments: das update 3.0.5 kann nicht installiert werden bekomme folgende meldung: XML-Verarbeitungsfehler: Kein Element gefunden Adresse: chrome://mozapps/content/update/updates Zeile Nr.1, Spalte 1: Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; de; rv:1.9.0.4) Gecko/2008102920 Firefox/3.0.4 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to prov...

Firefox 3.0 beta 5 is much less stable than 3.0 beta 4
Name: Tom Tobin Email: korpiosatkorpiosdotcom Product: Firefox Release Candidate Summary: Firefox 3.0 beta 5 is much less stable than 3.0 beta 4 Comments: I found Firefox 3.0 beta 4 to be quite stable; beta 5, in comparison, crashes all the time. This seems like an enormous step backwards; how did beta 5 get out the door like this? :( I've switched back to beta 4; I'll give the next beta/RC a go once it's released. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.5; en-US; rv:1.9b4) Gecko/2008030317 Firefox/3.0b4 From URL: http://hendrix.mozill...

Firefox crashes without warning = using Vista Premium and Firefox 3.0.11, started in 3.0.10
Name: Ian Gribble Email: iangribbleatbigponddotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox crashes without warning = using Vista Premium and Firefox 3.0.11, started in 3.0.10 Comments: as in summary - when reporting from Error Summary page there is no indication of successful report. Fire fox is a great product, this crashing started in v 3.0.10, I have not installed any new software. Firefox restarts OK with prior session - more annoying than fatal. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-GB; rv:1.9.0.11) Gecko/2009060215 Firefox/3.0.11 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) ...

A sound play works fine with Firefox V 3.0.14 and V 3.0.15 but not with V 3.5.5
Name: Derren LIU Email: derrenliuatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: A sound play works fine with Firefox V 3.0.14 and V 3.0.15 but not with V 3.5.5 Comments: The sound play on this web site: www.writewww.com works fine with Firefox V 3.0.14 and V 3.0.15 but not with V 3.5.5. Could you please help? Your kind assistance in this matter is sincerely appreciated. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; zh-CN; rv:1.9.1.5) Gecko/20091102 Firefox/3.5.5 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix give...

Web resources about - Firefox 3.0.4 and 3.0.5 crashes ! - mozilla.support.firefox

Firefox Affiliates

Firefox OS
The latest news about Firefox OS

Techarger Firefox

Firefox Flicks : Winners

Firefox Beta Launches Social API With Facebook Messenger As Initial Partner
As originally announced earlier this month by Firefox parent Mozilla , the beta test of the Web browser’s Social API launched Monday with Facebook ...