FireFox 2.0.0.20/3.0.1 Printing only 1st page on solaris 9 and fedora 10

Hi Guys,

I have Firefox 2.0.0.20/3.0.1 on solaris 9 and FF 3.0.8 on fedora 10  only
print 1st page, I can preview the pages and print to file is saving all
pages but when it comes printing it print only 1st page, have old version
Firefox 1.5.04, it prints all pages.I googled but couldn't find rigth
answere, help will be appreciated.

Regards

John
0
John

John Smith on 4/2/2009 6:45 PM, keyboarded a reply:
> Hi Guys,
>

> I have Firefox 2.0.0.20/3.0.1 on solaris 9 and FF 3.0.8 on fedora 10  only
> print 1st page, I can preview the pages and print to file is saving all
> pages but when it comes printing it print only 1st page, have old version
> Firefox 1.5.04, it prints all pages.I googled but couldn't find rigth
> answere, help will be appreciated.
>

> Regards
>
> John

Please provide an example URL for a page exhibiting this behavior. Also,
what make and model of printer and it's driver version.

--
Ron K.
Ron

url is ( i tried different ww sites also)

http://tabletennis.about.com/od/howtoserve/a/learn_a_serve.htm

out of 12 pages only 1st page printed, for both solaris 9 and Fedora 10,
printers are Xerox Apeosport II C4300/Apeosport III C4400, on Fedora I am
selecting driver (XeroXerox DocuColor 2006) and it was working fine before
and on Solaris I am using standard drivers for unix (for which old version
of FF 1.5.04 is working fine).

about.config is

print.printer_spectrum.print_command;lpr
${MOZ_PRINTER_NAME:+-P"$MOZ_PRINTER_NAME"}

Regards

John
On Fri, Apr 3, 2009 at 9:55 AM, Ron K. <killjay@gisco.net> wrote:

> John Smith on 4/2/2009 6:45 PM, keyboarded a reply:
>
>  Hi Guys,
>>

>> I have Firefox 2.0.0.20/3.0.1 on solaris 9 and FF 3.0.8 on fedora 10
>>  only
>> print 1st page, I can preview the pages and print to file is saving all
>> pages but when it comes printing it print only 1st page, have old version
>> Firefox 1.5.04, it prints all pages.I googled but couldn't find rigth
>> answere, help will be appreciated.
>>

>> Regards
>>
>> John
>>

> Please provide an example URL for a page exhibiting this behavior. Also,
> what make and model of printer and it's driver version.
>
> --
> Ron K.
> Who is General Failure, and why is he searching my HDD?
> Kernel Restore reported Major Error used BSOD to msg the enemy!

John
4/3/2009 12:01:34 AM
John Smith has written on 4/2/2009 8:01 PM:
> Hi,
>
> url is ( i tried different ww sites also)
>
> http://tabletennis.about.com/od/howtoserve/a/learn_a_serve.htm
>
> out of 12 pages

The web page you cite translates to 3 printed pages.

Where do you get 12 pages?

0
Pete

When I select print from page and when 1st page comes out, at the bottom
said 1/12.

Thanks

John
On Fri, Apr 3, 2009 at 11:27 AM, Pete Holsberg <pjh42@pobox.com> wrote:

> John Smith has written on 4/2/2009 8:01 PM:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> url is ( i tried different ww sites also)
>>
>> http://tabletennis.about.com/od/howtoserve/a/learn_a_serve.htm
>>
>> out of 12 pages
>>

> The web page you cite translates to 3 printed pages.
>
> Where do you get 12 pages?

John
4/3/2009 12:38:15 AM
John Smith has written on 4/2/2009 8:38 PM:
> Hi,
>
> When I select print from page and when 1st page comes out, at the bottom
> said 1/12.

In Print Preview, mine says "1 of 3"!!
0
Pete

When the page printed it was on the printed page 1/12, but even in preview
of 3 it prints only 1st page.

Regards

On Fri, Apr 3, 2009 at 11:45 AM, Pete Holsberg <pjh42@pobox.com> wrote:

> John Smith has written on 4/2/2009 8:38 PM:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> When I select print from page and when 1st page comes out, at the bottom
>> said 1/12.
>>

> In Print Preview, mine says "1 of 3"!!

John
4/3/2009 1:01:49 AM
On 03.04.2009 00:45, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused  John Smith to
generate the following:? :
> Hi Guys,
>

> I have Firefox 2.0.0.20/3.0.1 on solaris 9 and FF 3.0.8 on fedora 10  only
> print 1st page, I can preview the pages and print to file is saving all
> pages but when it comes printing it print only 1st page, have old version
> Firefox 1.5.04, it prints all pages.I googled but couldn't find rigth
> answere, help will be appreciated.
>

> Regards
>
> John

I also came across this problem, trying to print some recipies - found
out that, when I changed the paper direction to "Landscape" (as opposed
to portrait) the pages printed correctly - albeit in a terrible
landscape format, making them a literary puzzle!

Try it at your end - change the printer to landscape, and see it the
print preview is correct and if the print works as well!

reg
0
squaredancer
4/3/2009 10:54:36 AM
"squaredancer"  wrote...
>   John Smith  wrote...
>> I have Firefox 2.0.0.20/3.0.1 on solaris 9 and FF 3.0.8 on fedora 10  only
>> print 1st page, I can preview the pages and print to file is saving all
>> pages but when it comes printing it print only 1st page, have old version
>> Firefox 1.5.0.4, it prints all pages.I googled but couldn't find right
>> answer, help will be appreciated.    // John
>
> I also came across this problem, trying to print some recipies - found
> out that, when I changed the paper direction to "Landscape" (as opposed
> to portrait) the pages printed correctly - albeit in a terrible
> landscape format, making them a literary puzzle!
>
> Try it at your end - change the printer to landscape, and see it the
> print preview is correct and if the print works as well!     // squaredancer (reg)

Try selecting the entire page   Ctrl+A  or the part you actually want to print
then  when you bring up Print use     Print Selection,    I found that necessary
when trying to print a Geocities web page.    If the page does not require
a login,  we could have tried Print Preview ourselves if you supplied the url.
I see that method no longer works for the Geocities page.  Don't know if both
would be fixed with a same solution or not, but selection used to work on this
    http://www.geocities.com/somersetnaturalists/program-2008-2009.htm
Print preview did not work work in Fx 3.0.8 (not even with JavaScript turned off),
nor in Fx 2.0.0.20   nor in   IE8.   Nothing happens at all in Opera for Print Preview.
0
David
4/3/2009 3:31:48 PM
John Smith wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>

> I have Firefox 2.0.0.20/3.0.1 on solaris 9 and FF 3.0.8 on fedora 10  only
> print 1st page, I can preview the pages and print to file is saving all
> pages but when it comes printing it print only 1st page, have old version
> Firefox 1.5.04, it prints all pages.I googled but couldn't find rigth
> answere, help will be appreciated.
>

> Regards
>
> John
  Similar problem on Windows with FF 2 up.
  An example site to use is http://www.nuance.com/
  Task a 'Page print preview' or print directly and you get
half the content (no graphics)
--
Visit Family Radio Today
http://www.familyradio.com/
> John Smith wrote:
>> I have Firefox 2.0.0.20/3.0.1 on solaris 9 and FF 3.0.8 on fedora 10  only
>> print 1st page, I can preview the pages and print to file is saving all
>> pages but when it comes printing it print only 1st page, have old version
>> Firefox 1.5.04, it prints all pages.I googled but couldn't find rigth
>> answere, help will be appreciated.    // John Smith
>
>  Similar problem on Windows with FF 2 up.
>  An example site to use is http://www.nuance.com/
>  Task a 'Page print preview' or print directly and you get
>  half the content (no graphics)

Don't see yours as a similar problem,  you print two  pages,  but as you say
you are not printing the flash ad and some of the other graphics.   If you
want to print in Portrait,,  you need to choose shrink to fit column; otherwise,
choose Landscape.   Strictly based on what I see with Print Preview.
IE  prints the flash ad stuck in time, and the  "New!"  graphic, both IE and
Firefox show the  Nuance logo in print preview.
Just makes me all the more curious about what url John is looking at.

0
David
4/4/2009 1:51:34 AM
On 04.04.2009 03:00, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused  Lester Stiefel
to generate the following:? :
> John Smith wrote:
>
>> Hi Guys,
>>

>> I have Firefox 2.0.0.20/3.0.1 on solaris 9 and FF 3.0.8 on fedora 10  only
>> print 1st page, I can preview the pages and print to file is saving all
>> pages but when it comes printing it print only 1st page, have old version
>> Firefox 1.5.04, it prints all pages.I googled but couldn't find rigth
>> answere, help will be appreciated.
>>

>> Regards
>>
>> John
>>
>   Similar problem on Windows with FF 2 up.
>   An example site to use is http://www.nuance.com/
>   Task a 'Page print preview' or print directly and you get
> half the content (no graphics)

you won't capture the graphics there, 'cos they ain't "graphics" - they
are flash or similar - more or less movies or videos, but NOT static
pictures, that you can print!

reg
0
squaredancer
4/4/2009 1:13:36 PM
"squaredancer" <squaredancer@t-online.de> wrote in message news:tfOdnYDtPIpywUrUnZ2dnUVZ_rwLAAAA@mozilla.org...
> On 04.04.2009 03:00, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused  Lester Stiefel
> to generate the following:? :
>> John Smith wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Guys,
>>>

>>> I have Firefox 2.0.0.20/3.0.1 on solaris 9 and FF 3.0.8 on fedora 10  only
>>> print 1st page, I can preview the pages and print to file is saving all
>>> pages but when it comes printing it print only 1st page, have old version
>>> Firefox 1.5.04, it prints all pages.I googled but couldn't find rigth
>>> answere, help will be appreciated.
>>>

>>> Regards
>>>
>>> John
>>>
>>   Similar problem on Windows with FF 2 up.
>>   An example site to use is http://www.nuance.com/
>>   Task a 'Page print preview' or print directly and you get
>> half the content (no graphics)
>>

> you won't capture the graphics there, 'cos they ain't "graphics" - they
> are flash or similar - more or less movies or videos, but NOT static
> pictures, that you can print!

As far as the example  http://www.nuance.com/  from Lester (not the O.P.)
The flash stops and you see  a stable image, which is picked up in IE8
as far as the  "New!"  with a green arrow appears to me to be GIF file and
background styling.
In Opera the Flash is picked up in print preview and keeps changing, and
the backgrounds are picked up like in IE8.
0
David

printing issues with firefox 2.0.0.1 and 2.0.0.3
Name: ledatica Email: ledaticaathotmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: printing issues with firefox 2.0.0.1 and 2.0.0.3 Comments: OS - windows XP home edition with SP2 After installing Firefox version 2.0.0.3 I noticed that web page printing is out of order, when the xp user account is a limited account. I checked to see the print preview and that showed me only partial page displayed and only prints partial page. I logged back on as XP admin account and checked the same web page again. This time both the print preview and the actual printing came out exactly as the web...

Firefox 1.5.0.9, Firefox 2.0.0.1 and Thunderbird 1.5.0.9 Security & Stability Updates
As part of Mozilla Corporation�s ongoing stability and security update process, Firefox 1.5.0.9, Firefox 2.0.0.1 and Thunderbird 1.5.0.9 are now available for Windows, Mac, and Linux for free download from getfirefox.com (http://www.getfirefox.com) & getthunderbird.com (http://www.getthunderbird.com). We strongly recommend that all Firefox users upgrade to this latest release. This update is available immediately in 41 languages including Spanish, Japanese, Arabic, Hungarian and more. Note: Firefox 1.5.0.x will be maintained with security and stability updates until Apr...

Firefox 1.5.0.9, Firefox 2.0.0.1 and Thunderbird 1.5.0.9 Security & Stability Updates
As part of Mozilla Corporation�s ongoing stability and security update process, Firefox 1.5.0.9, Firefox 2.0.0.1 and Thunderbird 1.5.0.9 are now available for Windows, Mac, and Linux for free download from getfirefox.com (http://www.getfirefox.com) & getthunderbird.com (http://www.getthunderbird.com). We strongly recommend that all Firefox users upgrade to this latest release. This update is available immediately in 41 languages including Spanish, Japanese, Arabic, Hungarian and more. Note: Firefox 1.5.0.x will be maintained with security and stability updates until Apr...

Firefox 2.0.0.2 and Firefox 1.5.0.10 Security and Stability Update
As part of Mozilla Corporation=92s ongoing stability and security =20 update process, Firefox 1.5.0.10 and Firefox 2.0.0.2 are now available for Windows, =20 Mac, and Linux for free download from getfirefox.com (http://www.getfirefox.com). Due to the security fixes, we strongly recommend that all Firefox =20 users upgrade to these latest releases. Note: Firefox 1.5.0.x will be maintained with security and stability =20 updates until April 24, 2007. All users are encouraged to upgrade to Firefox 2 (http://www.getfirefox.com). Firefox 1.5.0.10 is available for =20 download from ...

Firefox 2.0.0.2 and Firefox 1.5.0.10 Security and Stability Update
As part of Mozilla Corporation=92s ongoing stability and security =20 update process, Firefox 1.5.0.10 and Firefox 2.0.0.2 are now available for Windows, =20 Mac, and Linux for free download from getfirefox.com (http://www.getfirefox.com). Due to the security fixes, we strongly recommend that all Firefox =20 users upgrade to these latest releases. Note: Firefox 1.5.0.x will be maintained with security and stability =20 updates until April 24, 2007. All users are encouraged to upgrade to Firefox 2 (http://www.getfirefox.com). Firefox 1.5.0.10 is available for =20 download from ...

2/9: Community Test Day
Please join the Mozilla QA community for testday on friday, February 9, 2007! This week, we will be looking at the next minor release of 1.5.0.10 and 2.0.0.2 Release Candidate 1. More information on 2/9 Test Day can be found at http://wiki.mozilla.org/Mozilla_QA_Community:Firefox_1510_2002_Community_Tes t_Day ...

Backed off firefox 3.0.5 to firefox 2.0.0.20
Name: Jack Werner Email: jndotwernerathotmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Backed off firefox 3.0.5 to firefox 2.0.0.20 Comments: I upgraded to firefox 3.0.5 and lost functionality. My home page no longer "sticks" between repeated invocations of firefox. My Usernames don't "stick" either. With 2.0.0.20 I have this functionality. That is why I backleveled to it. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.20) Gecko/20081217 Firefox/2.0.0.20 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expe...

in Firefox 2.0.0.6 Firefox 2.0.0.3 is still downloading under Help
Name: Marika Email: controlatrocketpropdotcom Product: Firefox Summary: in Firefox 2.0.0.6 Firefox 2.0.0.3 is still downloading under Help Comments: Circle spinning next to Downloading Firefox 2.0.0.3 but Firefox 2.0.0.6 has been downloaded and installed. MacBook (Intel)Boot Camp installation WinXP Pro SP2 Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.6) Gecko/20070725 Firefox/2.0.0.6 ...

I like firefox 2.0.0.0 better than 2.0.0.1
Name: tsit chan Email: chantsitathkbndotnet Product: Firefox Summary: I like firefox 2.0.0.0 better than 2.0.0.1 Comments: 2.0.0.1 version allows minimized pages pop up when open multi- tabs in one page ,until this fixed i prefer 2.0.0.0 before any new release. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-GB; rv:1.8.1) Gecko/20061010 Firefox/2.0 ...

Swedish Firefox 0.9, 0.9.1, 0.9.2
Hi, PLEASE NOTE: The Swedish l10n page has moved to http://www.mozilla.se/ This has been previously posted on this list and to mlp-staff, with no reply or update of the mlp status pages. Thus, i repeat: Please update your links! The Swedish (sv-SE) l10n group has releasted language packs and localized builds for Windows and Linux of the Firefox 0.9 versions. Due to the security issues, Windows version prior to 0.9.2 have been removed. These language packs are considered stable and tested. Firefox 0.9.2 pack: http://www.mozilla.se/paket/firefox-0.9.2-svSE.xpi Firefox 0....

Buggy firefox 2.0.0.2 and 2.0.0.3
Name: badidea Email: very_bad_ideaathotmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Buggy firefox 2.0.0.2 and 2.0.0.3 Comments: I don't know what changed since 2.0.0.1 but the new releases (2.0.0.2, 2.0.0.3) seem very buggy. Random crashes, slow responses and additionally problems with administrator rights. I had similar problems on 2 out of 2 systems. Best solution for me (and probably a lot of other users) is to go back to 2.0.0.1 and disable automatic update. Success! Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.1) Gecko/20061204 Firefox/2....

Firefox/Thunderbird 1.5.0.9 and Firefox 2.0.0.1 release tomorrow (Tuesday 12/19)
We are on track for releasing Firefox/Thunderbird 1.5.0.9 and Firefox 2.0.0.1 tomorrow. The plan is: 1. Push the bits out to the mirrors Monday night 2. Make mozilla.com website changes and downloads live at 10am Tuesday morning 3. Updates will go live between 4 - 5pm Tuesday evening QA will be doing their live spot checks and update testing during that time... and hopefully everyone will start getting their updates as early Christmas presents by tomorrow night. - Jay Jay Patel wrote: > We are on track for releasing Firefox/Thunderbird 1.5.0.9 and Firefox ...

Firefox 2.0.0.17 / 3.0.2, 3.0.3 Post Mortem
Hey all, We'll be doing a post-mortem on the recent branch releases - long overdue, sorry for the delay in scheduling. Details: * Thursday - 2:00pm Pacific, 5:00pm Eastern, 21:00 UTC * Mozilla Building S - <script> conference room * 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x91 Conf# 8605 (US/INTL) * 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 8605 (US) * irc.mozilla.org #postmortem for backchannel Agenda * identifying problems that caused the respins * identifying issues missed which caused 3.0.3 * analysis of large vs. small releases * communic...

Firefox 2.0.0.20 updates not to 3.0.18 but to 3.0.15 first
Name: Email: eipatmaildotru Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 2.0.0.20 updates not to 3.0.18 but to 3.0.15 first Comments: Why Firefox 2.0.0.20, when it proposes update, updates not to 3.0.18, which is the current version of that branch, but first to 3.0.15 ? Just curious. Only after that, it downloads 3.0.18. Is there any sense in it? Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; ru; rv:1.9.0.15) Gecko/2009101601 Firefox/3.0.15 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you w...

Web resources about - FireFox 2.0.0.20/3.0.1 Printing only 1st page on solaris 9 and fedora 10 - mozilla.support.firefox