Firefox 1.5.0.9 and 2.0.0.1 McAfee Firewall Problem

I just upgraded to Firefox 1.5.0.9 on one winXP system and 2.0.0.1 on a
2nd system.
Both result in McAfee Firewall to display the following message several
times, every time firefox accesses a web page.
"This application has changed from when you were originally prompted
for it.
This could be the result of an upgrade in the application, or it could
be a malicious
application trying to gain network access."
Clicking "OK" allows firefox to continue, but McAfee does not "learn",
and subsequent web-page accesses produces the above error again.
Is there a fix for this? I really don't want to use IE.
Thanks,
John
0
jjk
12/20/2006 10:07:50 PM
📁 mozilla.support.firefox
📃 24319 articles.
⭐ 10 followers.

💬 2 Replies
👁️‍🗨️ 1551 Views

jjk wrote:
> I just upgraded to Firefox 1.5.0.9 on one winXP system and 2.0.0.1 on a
> 2nd system.
> Both result in McAfee Firewall to display the following message several
> times, every time firefox accesses a web page.
>
> "This application has changed from when you were originally prompted
> for it.
> This could be the result of an upgrade in the application, or it could
> be a malicious
> application trying to gain network access."
>
> Clicking "OK" allows firefox to continue, but McAfee does not "learn",
> and subsequent web-page accesses produces the above error again.
>
> Is there a fix for this? I really don't want to use IE.
>
> Thanks,
>
> John

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Firewalls#McAfee_Personal_Firewall
or
http://ts.mcafeehelp.com/faq3.asp?docid=372526
0
Nir
12/20/2006 10:13:19 PM
Nir wrote:
> jjk wrote:
> > I just upgraded to Firefox 1.5.0.9 on one winXP system and 2.0.0.1 on a
[...]
> > John
> >
> http://kb.mozillazine.org/Firewalls#McAfee_Personal_Firewall
> or