Everytime I download or even just save Firefox virus warning comes and then won't close unless I quit Firefox

Okay, I have searched this group and I have looked everywhere for the
answer to this constant problem:  Every single time I try to download
or save anything box comes down to tell me that virus program didn't
scan it and I need to check my configuration.  Then when I hit okay
box just bounces up and comes down over and over.  It freezes all my
activities on that page or any other Firefox page.  I have adjusted
and readjusted content and main preferences, but nothing helps.  I
have to close out of everything, force quit it, and start all over
fresh.  I can't take it anymore.  Oh, btw, I do sometimes run the
virus download on the damn thing, but still the window will not
close.  I would prefer not to get this warning period.
0
MsRefusenik

"MsRefusenik" ...
> Okay, I have searched this group and I have looked everywhere for the
> answer to this constant problem:  Every single time I try to download
> or save anything box comes down to tell me that virus program didn't
> scan it and I need to check my configuration.  Then when I hit okay
> box just bounces up and comes down over and over.  It freezes all my
> activities on that page or any other Firefox page.  I have adjusted
> and readjusted content and main preferences, but nothing helps.  I
> have to close out of everything, force quit it, and start all over
> fresh.  I can't take it anymore.  Oh, btw, I do sometimes run the
> virus download on the damn thing, but still the window will not
> close.  I would prefer not to get this warning period.

Your question is too ambiguous to answer without further information.
It could be a legitimate message, more likely it is an ad trying to sell
you some product, in which case the product may very well be
malware and not a legitimate product.

If it is a popup ad from a site you visit, you might get some relief
by installing  "Adblock" or "Adblock Plus" extension and some
filters recommended where you get it.

You might want to  use  Firefox's  builtin pop-up blocker:
  Tools, Options, Content
   [x] block pop-up windows.

You might try putting the message into a Google search or a Google
Groups search by enclosing the  message within double quotes.
If  you post the message here include the punctuation marks,
and the url if it comes from specific sites.

--
HTH,
David McRitchie,

0
David
12/9/2007 2:05:00 AM
MsRefusenik wrote:
> Okay, I have searched this group and I have looked everywhere for the
> answer to this constant problem:  Every single time I try to download
> or save anything box comes down to tell me that virus program didn't
> scan it and I need to check my configuration.

That message doesn't come from the Firefox. Do you perhaps have some
anti-virus application or similar that gives you this warning?

--
Solutions for issues with Firefox:
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Category:Issues_%28Firefox%29
On Dec 9, 4:52 am, Aggro <spammerdr...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> MsRefusenik wrote:
> > Okay, I have searched this group and I have looked everywhere for the
> > answer to this constant problem:  Every single time I try to download
> > or save anything box comes down to tell me that virus program didn't
> > scan it and I need to check my configuration.
>
> That message doesn't come from the Firefox. Do you perhaps have some
> anti-virus application or similar that gives you this warning?
>
> --
> Solutions for issues with Firefox:http://kb.mozillazine.org/Category:Issues_%28Firefox%29

I should have said that I use a Mac OS X 10.4.11, 1.83 GHz Intel Core2
Duo, Model iMac5.2.  The reply I received doesn't apply because the
warning that comes down and won't go away is not an advertisement
popup nor is it from an external website.  It is Firefox's message and
it comes when I am not even online just working in my files and saving
things.  I did adjust preferences and it doesn't help.  Does anyone
know what I am talking about?  Thank you for your help.
0
MsRefusenik
12/9/2007 9:26:21 PM
MsRefusenik wrote:
> On Dec 9, 4:52 am, Aggro <spammerdr...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> MsRefusenik wrote:
>>> Okay, I have searched this group and I have looked everywhere for the
>>> answer to this constant problem:  Every single time I try to download
>>> or save anything box comes down to tell me that virus program didn't
>>> scan it and I need to check my configuration.
>> That message doesn't come from the Firefox. Do you perhaps have some
>> anti-virus application or similar that gives you this warning?
>>
>> --
>> Solutions for issues with Firefox:http://kb.mozillazine.org/Category:Issues_%28Firefox%29
>
> I should have said that I use a Mac OS X 10.4.11, 1.83 GHz Intel Core2
> Duo, Model iMac5.2.  The reply I received doesn't apply because the
> warning that comes down and won't go away is not an advertisement
> popup nor is it from an external website.  It is Firefox's message and
> it comes when I am not even online just working in my files and saving
> things.  I did adjust preferences and it doesn't help.  Does anyone
> know what I am talking about?  Thank you for your help.

Hm, I never saw anything like this on a Mac.  Are you sure this message
is coming from Firefox?

You say this happens when you try to download or save anything. Exactly
what are you doing when this message appears? Give as complete
description as possible.

Are you running an antivirus program, and, if so, which one?

Lee
0
Leonidas
12/9/2007 9:47:24 PM
and besides the information that  Lee requested  please reread the last paragraph
in my previous reply so that we know what message you see.

0
David

I love Firefox! But I just got a new computer with Windows 7, and half the time Firefox wouldn't work for about 3 weeks. It's working now, but I don't know for how long. Please make sure you are comp
Name: Product: Firefox Summary: I love Firefox! But I just got a new computer with Windows 7, and half the time Firefox wouldn't work for about 3 weeks. It's working now, but I don't know for how long. Please make sure you are compatible with Windows 7. Thank you. Comments: See above. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2.9) Gecko/20100824 Firefox/3.6.9 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sen...

why does the 'yu have updated to the latest firefox' page come on everytime i start firefox??!?
Name: Ashfaqur Rahman Email: rahmandotashfaqueatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: why does the 'yu have updated to the latest firefox' page come on everytime i start firefox??!? Comments: it is quite annoying, i mean i've done my plug-ins, themes, extensions and am happily browsing along; but now have come to dread siring up firefox mainly because of that annoying startup first tab. i haven't used ie in a long while and have managed to convert very many people to firefox/even d/ling firefox on any machine i use but man, this is getting tiresome and i'm...

Firefox won't save/download files
It started yesterday. I've re-installed Firefox and downloaded the update but it still isn't downloading and saving the files. Can someone please help? On 6/12/2007 9:22, Kevin wrote: > It started yesterday. I've re-installed Firefox and downloaded the update > but it still isn't downloading and saving the files. Can someone please > help? > > Solution is simple: Only use Firefox before yesterday.... http://kb.mozillazine.org/Unable_to_save_or_download_files FYI: Don't waste your time reinstalling the program, which rarely fixes an...

Firefox won't quit when closed... except when...
Firefox 1.5.0.1, OS/2 4.50 Pentium 200 MMX, 128 MB RAM (yeah, I know) I've mentioned this before. When I try to close Firefox, it remains in memory. The icon is hatched, nothing shows in the task list, WatchCat shows the program active but won't let me kill it. If I leave it overnight, it'll have closed by the time I wake up. Or I can reboot. I found something interesting by accident, though, while preparing to reboot. I closed my distributed.net client and *immediately* Firefox released itself from memory. I tested this several times and it worked each time. I then st...

the new version of firefox won't quit downloading
Name: Alice Email: aesuszynskiatnpgcabledotcom Product: Firefox Summary: the new version of firefox won't quit downloading Comments: I clicked to download 3.6.10 a few weeks ago and my firefox program hasn't been running properly since. Also the download is still loading!!!!The system crashes constantly and I can't figure out how to fix this problem.HELP!! Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2.8) Gecko/20100722 Firefox/3.6.8 GTB7.1 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a resp...

IE 7 and Firefox: Firefox won't start
I updated IE this week to IE 7. It is absolute piracy. Looks almost identical to Firefox. I now have problems with Firefox 2.0 starting up. I reinstalled it, and it worked, and again it won't startup. Perhaps there is an insidious bug built into IE7 to discourage Firefox users? I wouldn't put it past Microsoft. Comments on this? Thanks. Bruce "brucegooglegroups" <brucegooglegroups@hotmail.com> wrote in news:1163373758.200243.312620@i42g2000cwa.googlegroups.com: > Perhaps there is an insidious bug built into IE7 to discourage Firefox > user...

Firefox or not Firefox

Today I tried to open firefox however this message came up 'ssl3.dss' needs to be reinstalled to make firefox fire up - I haven't downloaded any programme nor uninstalled that thing
Name: RAE Email: raedatorcondotnetdotnz Product: Firefox Summary: Today I tried to open firefox however this message came up 'ssl3.dss' needs to be reinstalled to make firefox fire up - I haven't downloaded any programme nor uninstalled that thing - could you tell me how to solve the problem? Thanks, Rae Comments: as above Browser Details: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; Media Center PC 5.0; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; OfficeLiveConnector.1.4; OfficeLivePatch.1.3) From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ N...

After downloading updates, Firefox won't work...just hangs.
Name: Tom Muffitt Email: tommy_at_myhouseloan.biz Product: Firefox Summary: After downloading updates, Firefox won't work...just hangs. Comments: Last night Firefox notified me of some updates. I installed them. After theat my browser just hangs in cyberspace. I tried uninstalling, clearing the temp files, deleting everything from my computer. Nothing works. After I install a new Firefox it just hangs. Please help! Browser Details: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322) ...

Just Updated Firefox and Now I Can't Even Download PDFs
Name: Allen Brizee Email: hbrizeeatpurduedotedu Product: Firefox Summary: Just Updated Firefox and Now I Can't Even Download PDFs Comments: Hi, I just updated my Firefox, and now I can't even download PDFs. I found the article on the help site on opening PDFs within Firefox (not something I want to do), but I didn't find anything on why my Firefox won't now download PDFs. Firefox is also now running slowly. Any ideas? I really need to be able to download PDFs as I'm a technical writer... Thanks, A Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; P...

I have the option "Warn me when closing multiple tabs" checked, but when I close Firefox, it doesn't warn me.
Name: Cheryl Email: compvlaatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: I have the option "Warn me when closing multiple tabs" checked, but when I close Firefox, it doesn't warn me. Comments: I have numerous tabs open on Firefox, and when I accidentally press the "X", Firefox closes with asking me if I really want to close the program. I have the "Warn me when closing multiple tabs" checked. Also, when Firefox closes, the process does not end until about a minute or two after closing the program. I am unable to open Firefox until this process ends...

new version of firefox won't pull bookmarks from old firefox
Name: rob martz Email: nolesurferataoldotcom Product: Firefox Summary: new version of firefox won't pull bookmarks from old firefox Comments: I have successfully loaded firefox 3.5. but favorites, (bookmarks) don't transfer well..wan to import them from firefox to firefox bookmarks. If I load an old version (3.1) first, then open 3.5, the bookmarks appear...If I turn on 3.5 first, bookmarks are missing or hidden. Still happening after several days of use and restart of computer multiple times. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:...

Why can't FireFox cache just save image data directly without encoding it so it can't be viewed directly?
For secure web pages, not a problem can understand why it does that. But, when it comes to pages that are not securely encrypted, why does FireFox have to encode the cache files in a format Windows doesn't understand? Retrieving graphical objects from a cache would be a lot easier if I could just browse them visually. Regarding graphics on a page, if FireFox gets an updated version of an image file, does it automatically discard the old image file, or does it hold onto it? Cheers ... Geoffrey Hyde On 13.12.2009 05:35, Geoffrey Hyde wrote: --- Original Me...

Web resources about - Everytime I download or even just save Firefox virus warning comes and then won't close unless I quit Firefox - mozilla.support.firefox

Everytime You Go Away - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The original appeared on Hall & Oates 's 1980 album, Voices , although it was not released as a single. Hall & Oates also recorded it for their ...

The Walking Dead: Everytime Rick Has Said Carl - YouTube
►►► Check out my other edits on my channel. Don't forget to like, comment and subscribe! Read below! ***CONTAINS SPOILERS FROM SEASONS 1-4*** ...

"Everytime I think the Democratic race card players could not get more vile..."
"... more deranged, more patronizingly demeaning to blacks, someone manages to defy even my vivid imagination." This time, it is the Editorial ...

Donate To Charity Everytime You Surf, At No Cost To You
... some of our income to a charitable endeavor. But a new website aims to make it simple to donate to charity, and it Donate To Charity Everytime ...

Sadness: A Chair That Gives You A Birthday Hug Everytime Somebody Writes On Your Facebook Wall
It went for the tit! Outback Steakhouse teamed up with Brazilian ad agency Lew'Lara\TBWA to develop the B-Day Chair , a chair with mechanical ...

The Photo Manicure Set: For Instagramable nails, everytime
Is your sister, brother, mom, favorite aunt, coach, neighbor, etc. an absolute Instagram lover? Or maybe its just you? Do you find yourself taking ...

Added a shortcut to parents phone everytime they type"No" - Imgur
Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet.

AgustaWestland deal: Finmeccanica CEO Orsi told US rivals they couldn't win everytime.
"You cannot always win". This is the message Finmeccanica chief Giuseppe Orsi sent along with a bottle of champagne to his rivals American Sikorsky ...

Squinching For A Photo Can Make You Look Hot Everytime
Ever wondered how to look great in a photo every single time? The answer: squinching. What is squinching , you may ask? According to photographer ...

Evil Birthday Chair Hugs You Everytime Someone Writes on your Facebook
Imagine if the deluge of Facebook Birthday well wishers were transformed into actual physical contact. Gross. Read more...