Can't pin 2 copies of Firefox 7.0 to windows 7 toolbar

I just upgraded.
I have 2 icons of 6.0.2 pinned to the toolbar, different names and each
with a different -p XXXX  profile in the path.    They work great.

With 7.0 I can make two shortcut icons on the desktop but I can't pin
them to the toolbar.   Only the first one.   I've tried unpinning the
one put there on install and adding both but that's no good.
I've pinned another program and then gone into properties and changed
the execute, and as soon as I do, it goes away.

I deleted the install, removed all the icons, and tried again to no
avail.
0
Big_Al

My bloviated meandering follows what Big_Al graced us with on 9/28/2011
2:31 PM:
> I just upgraded.
> I have 2 icons of 6.0.2 pinned to the toolbar, different names and each
> with a different -p XXXX  profile in the path.    They work great.
>
> With 7.0 I can make two shortcut icons on the desktop but I can't pin
> them to the toolbar.   Only the first one.   I've tried unpinning the
> one put there on install and adding both but that's no good.
> I've pinned another program and then gone into properties and changed
> the execute, and as soon as I do, it goes away.
>
> I deleted the install, removed all the icons, and tried again to no avail.

I was able to do it, however, the way I did it was to create two
separate shortcuts on the desktop and then pin them separately.

--
Sailfish - Netscape Champion
Netscape/Mozilla Tips: http://www.ufaq.org/ , http://ilias.ca/
Sailfish said this on 9/28/2011 8:12 PM:
> My bloviated meandering follows what Big_Al graced us with on 9/28/2011
> 2:31 PM:
>> I just upgraded.
>> I have 2 icons of 6.0.2 pinned to the toolbar, different names and
>> each with a different -p XXXX profile in the path. They work great.
>>
>> With 7.0 I can make two shortcut icons on the desktop but I can't pin
>> them to the toolbar. Only the first one. I've tried unpinning the one
>> put there on install and adding both but that's no good.
>> I've pinned another program and then gone into properties and changed
>> the execute, and as soon as I do, it goes away.
>>
>> I deleted the install, removed all the icons, and tried again to no
>> avail.
>
> I was able to do it, however, the way I did it was to create two
> separate shortcuts on the desktop and then pin them separately.

Good, then I'll pursue it on my end.   I'm glad its not a bug.   I ran
into this once on 6.x and was able to somehow correct it, and 6.02
upgraded fine.

0
Big_Al

Firefox 2.0.0.14 After security update Firefox report on every site it can't connect but IE7 can
Name: Ruud Email: ruuddotreinoldatbtinternetdotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 2.0.0.14 After security update Firefox report on every site it can't connect but IE7 can Comments: I installed the by Frefox 2.0.0.14 suggested security update. Since the restart it does not allow me to go to any webpage. No proxy settings, plain network connection. Can connect to intrnal and external sources throug Explorer and IE7. Started firefox in safe mode, but the same problem is there, so it does not seem to be related to any plugins The message Firefox displays is: ...

I love Firefox! But I just got a new computer with Windows 7, and half the time Firefox wouldn't work for about 3 weeks. It's working now, but I don't know for how long. Please make sure you are comp
Name: Product: Firefox Summary: I love Firefox! But I just got a new computer with Windows 7, and half the time Firefox wouldn't work for about 3 weeks. It's working now, but I don't know for how long. Please make sure you are compatible with Windows 7. Thank you. Comments: See above. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2.9) Gecko/20100824 Firefox/3.6.9 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sen...

Importants ralentissements de FireFox 3.5.7 sous Windows 7 *** Major slowdowns in Firefox 3.5.7 on Windows 7
Name: Bernard Le Lann Email: bernarddotlelannatlapostedotnet Product: Firefox Summary: Importants ralentissements de FireFox 3.5.7 sous Windows 7 *** Major slowdowns in Firefox 3.5.7 on Windows 7 Comments: Depuis que j'utilise Windows 7 FireFox 3.5.7 est extrêmement lent, pour afficher une nouvelle page ou pour passer d'un onglet à un autre. ======================================= Since I use Windows 7 FireFox 3.5.7 is extremely slow to display a new page or move from one tab to another Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; fr; rv:1.9.1...

flashblock doesn't work with firefox 2.0.0.7
Name: Zhongwei Zhu Email: zhongweizhuatyahoodotcom Product: Firefox Summary: flashblock doesn't work with firefox 2.0.0.7 Comments: just updated to firefox 2.0.0.7, then found flashblock stops working tried to remove flashblock and reinstall it. It was removed but not able to reinstall. error message says: Error: e.location.getItemLocation(e.id) has no properties Source File: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Mozilla%20Firefox/components/nsExtensionManager.js Line: 4147 also, there are a bunch errors about Location.toString method: Error: uncaught exception: Permission deni...

Firefox 2.0 failed to load web page that Firefox 1.5.0.7 can
Name: Luke Chang Email: hlcy2001_at_singnet.com.sg Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 2.0 failed to load web page that Firefox 1.5.0.7 can Comments: When I tried to connect to the following site using Firefox 2.0 https://appsvr2.paysonnel.com/PaySonnelCE/ It failed with the following message Firefox can't connect securely to appsvr2.paysonnel.com because the site uses a security protocol which isn't enabled. But I was able to connect to the same web page when I was using Firefox 1.5.0.7 Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8...

2.0.0.7 Firefox will not work with my Window's vista
Name: Michael Shafer Email: riversmonkeyathotmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: 2.0.0.7 Firefox will not work with my Window's vista Comments: the latest version 2.0.0.7 does not connect to my server, so I have to go to the college edition which is 2.0.0.6 which works just fine, I believe there are some incompatibility issues Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.6) Gecko/20070725 Firefox/2.0.0.6 ...

Firefox 2.0.0.7 Crashes constantly, or won't run at all
Name: John Martinko Email: jmartinkoatqwestdotnet Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 2.0.0.7 Crashes constantly, or won't run at all Comments: Dear Sir I have been running Firefox 2.0.0.7 on a Dual Processor G5 2.7 GHz Model for time now. I am running Mac OSX 10.4.10. Firefox began crashing a week or so ago and now crashes almost constantly. When it crashes the screen disappears, and the message that it has crashed appears. Even if you then click on Close, you still have to use Force Quit feature in the OS to get it to actually close down. I literally cannont run ...

I can't start Firefox 2.0.0.11 on Japanese Windows Me.
Name: SATOSHI WATANABE Email: nabe1002003atyahoodotcodotjp Product: Firefox Summary: I can't start Firefox 2.0.0.11 on Japanese Windows Me. Comments: I have upgraded my Firefox from 2.0.0.4 to 2.0.0.11. I can't start Firefox 2.0.0.11. My computer runs Windows Me Japanese. A message box that says " An error is occurred on KERNEL32.DLL by Firefox." was displayed. Where can I find how to resolve? Please help me. Browser Details: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 98; Win 9x 4.90; .NET CLR 1.1.4322) ...

7.0.3 Updater Bug--can't find 7.0.2 app under Win2000 Server
The PD 7.0.3 updater reports that it cannot find a copy of PowerDesigner 7 when it looks for a copy to update. I'm currently running 7.0.2 on a Windows 2000 Server, and it's installed in the original default directory selected by the SQL Anywhere Studio CD. If PD is running, the installer detects the running copy, but it cannot locate a binary to update on the hard drive. Anyone have this problem? I seems like a bug in the installer. Thanks. -df I think tech support might be able to help you out. AFAIK, the version of PowerDesigner shipping with SQL Anywhere Stud...

Why doesn't Firefox 2.0.0.7. print urls on webpage printout?
Name: nina birnbaum Email: ninab105atyahoodotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Why doesn't Firefox 2.0.0.7. print urls on webpage printout? Comments: Firefox 2.0.0.7. has stopped printing url's on webpage printouts. This is a MAJOR feature, absolutely necessary for anyone who uses the web for research. I don't understand why you have abandoned it in your latest browser. Please restore it! Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X; en-US; rv:1.8.1.7) Gecko/20070914 Firefox/2.0.0.7 ...

Can't get your FireFox Mac ver 2.0.0.4 or 2.0.0.6 to work on Zillow
Name: Allen manzo Email: coralreeatbellsouthdotnet Product: Firefox Summary: Can't get your FireFox Mac ver 2.0.0.4 or 2.0.0.6 to work on Zillow Comments: Zillow.com Mac OS 10.4.9, FireFox Mac ver 2.0.0.4 or 2.0.0.6 When I enter "12550 SW 15 Street" "Pembroke Pines, FL 33027" Which is a condo. I can't view any data. When I go back to your FireFox 1.5.0.2 I can view the contents of the Zillow.com pages. The site says it is designed to only work with FireFox. What gives??? Have multiple computers and all have the same problem, with your 2.X...

Firefox 2.0.0.7 update won't install on Vista Home Premium
Name: Mike Westwood Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 2.0.0.7 update won't install on Vista Home Premium Comments: Firefox automatic update has tried several times to install on my Vista Home Premium system and failed each time. It reports that some files could not be installed and when I check Help...About the version number of Firefox is still 2.0.0.6. Automatic update worked fine on my Windows XP machine. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-GB; rv:1.8.1.6) Gecko/20070725 Firefox/2.0.0.6 ...

Any surprises upgrading 7.0.2 to 7.0.3? Can I revert back to 7.0.2?
Has anybody out there run into any issues going from 7.0.2 to 7.0.3? I've gone through the readme, but I was just curious if there were any surprises I should know about first. Is 7.0.3 any more stable? I'm really getting tired of the constant crashing under Win98SE. If I have problems with 7.0.3, can I revert to 7.0.2 by restoring a backup of the Sybase\Powerbuilder 7.0 and the Sybase\Shared\Powerbuilder folders? TIA - Dave I don't suppose you want to hear that you've been putting yourself through a year of torture since Sybase put out 7.0.2/C3 that really ...

Firefox 2.0.0.7 causes Windows XP error #2
Name: D C DowDell Email: mailatapassion4jazzdotnet Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 2.0.0.7 causes Windows XP error Comments: Windows XP Home now displays "not found" type error when Firefox 2.0.0.7 is used as default windows browser accessing local files on machine. The files do exist and are found, but the alert is shown anyway. This never happened in previous builds of Firefox, and it started immediately after automatic upgrade. If Firefox is already open, then this error does not happen. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1...

Web resources about - Can't pin 2 copies of Firefox 7.0 to windows 7 toolbar - mozilla.support.firefox