Can't open site and can't open in safe mode anymore?

FF 4,  Win 7 Prof

can't get most of the page from www.bose.com.  I can get it in Chrome.

I also can't find a way (any longer) to open Firefox 4 in safe mode.
How does one do that now?

Thanks

Louise
0
louise

On 4/3/2011 5:11 PM, louise wrote:
> FF 4, Win 7 Prof
>
> can't get most of the page from www.bose.com. I can get it in Chrome.
>
> I also can't find a way (any longer) to open Firefox 4 in safe mode. How
> does one do that now?
>
> Thanks
>
> Louise

found safe mode and disabled all my add-ons.  The site, bose.com, still
doesn't open properly - page is mostly empty

Louise
0
louise
4/3/2011 9:28:12 PM
On 04/03/11 2:11 PM... louise did say:
> FF 4, Win 7 Prof
>
> can't get most of the page from www.bose.com. I can get it in Chrome.

FF4, Win7 Pro also - I have the same problem. Opened site in IE Tab & it
displayed fine.

> I also can't find a way (any longer) to open Firefox 4 in safe mode. How
> does one do that now?

"Firefox button->Help->Restart with Add-ons Disabled"

I had same the problem with Bose's site when I restarted in SafeMode w/o
Add-ons.

Bruce
0
Bruce
4/3/2011 9:30:38 PM
louise wrote:
> FF 4, Win 7 Prof
>
> can't get most of the page from www.bose.com. I can get it in Chrome.
>
> I also can't find a way (any longer) to open Firefox 4 in safe mode. How
> does one do that now?
>
> Thanks
>
> Louise
It loos the same here (Win 7 Pro) in both FF4 and Chrome 10.  Check that
you don't have anything blocking flash.  The main images on the page is
a flash animation.
Dave Pyles
0
David
4/3/2011 9:32:48 PM
No problems here in WindowsXP SP3, FF4 and also in IE8

Have you tried clearing the cache to see if it is not bloated?

hth

louise wrote:
> FF 4,  Win 7 Prof
>
> can't get most of the page from www.bose.com.  I can get it in Chrome.
>
> I also can't find a way (any longer) to open Firefox 4 in safe mode.
> How does one do that now?
>
> Thanks
>
> Louise
0
Good
4/3/2011 9:40:57 PM
On 4/3/2011 5:40 PM, Good Guy wrote:

> No problems here in WindowsXP SP3, FF4 and also in IE8
>
> Have you tried clearing the cache to see if it is not bloated?
>
> hth
>
> louise wrote:
>> FF 4, Win 7 Prof
>>
>> can't get most of the page from www.bose.com. I can get it in Chrome.
>>
>> I also can't find a way (any longer) to open Firefox 4 in safe mode.
>> How does one do that now?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Louise

I've cleared the cache.  I've tried safe mode.  I tried regular mode
disabling flashblock......same problem???

If flash were the issue wouldn't it load in safe mode?

Louise
0
louise
4/3/2011 10:12:26 PM
On 4/3/2011 5:12 PM, louise wrote:
> On 4/3/2011 5:40 PM, Good Guy wrote:
>>
>> No problems here in WindowsXP SP3, FF4 and also in IE8
>>
>> Have you tried clearing the cache to see if it is not bloated?
>>
>> hth
>>
>> louise wrote:
>>> FF 4, Win 7 Prof
>>>
>>> can't get most of the page from www.bose.com. I can get it in Chrome.
>>>
>>> I also can't find a way (any longer) to open Firefox 4 in safe mode.
>>> How does one do that now?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> Louise
>
> I've cleared the cache. I've tried safe mode. I tried regular mode
> disabling flashblock......same problem???
>
> If flash were the issue wouldn't it load in safe mode?
>
> Louise

the only difference I see here between IE9 and FF4 is that FF4 lacks
some numbered buttons that slide in from the right with IE9.  Suspect
this page is written for IE.

0
Ron
4/3/2011 10:22:20 PM
Am 2011-04-03 23:11, schrieb louise:
> FF 4, Win 7 Prof
>
> can't get most of the page from www.bose.com. I can get it in
> Chrome.

W3C markup validation service says: 26 errors and 6 warnings ...

Christoph

--
email:
nurfuerspam -> gmx
louise wrote:
> FF 4, Win 7 Prof
>
> can't get most of the page from www.bose.com. I can get it in Chrome.
>
> I also can't find a way (any longer) to open Firefox 4 in safe mode. How
> does one do that now?
>
> Thanks
>
> Louise

openSUSE 11.3 FF 4, FF 3.6.16 and SM 2.1b3pre all show the same result
as Louise, whereas SM 2.0.13 and Chromium load the site correctly for me.

I am curious about these lines in the head tags though.

content="wV30Otjv9HMGVsUOCN0lhoyoFOZKc0d7HVNL1t6aAbw" />
content="id3DJRIvaexBAtJgewLcoc1Xn4J2XCVsv11PuVYJ9QM" />

WLS

--
openSUSE 11.3(x86_64) - Gnome2.30 - SeaMonkey 2.1b3pre
0

http://www.google.com/support/webmasters/bin/answer.py?answer=35659

--
   -bts
Beauregard
Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
> WLS wrote:
>
>> I am curious about these lines in the head tags though.

>> content="wV30Otjv9HMGVsUOCN0lhoyoFOZKc0d7HVNL1t6aAbw" />
>> content="id3DJRIvaexBAtJgewLcoc1Xn4J2XCVsv11PuVYJ9QM" />
>
> http://www.google.com/support/webmasters/bin/answer.py?answer=35659

Ah! The google-site-verification verifies to Google that you own the
site and a Google search shows me that the msvalidate.01 meta tag
validates the site to Bing Webmaster Tools.

Thank you Shagster!

WLS

--
openSUSE 11.3(x86_64) - Gnome2.30 - SeaMonkey 2.1b3pre
0
WLS
4/4/2011 12:32:31 AM
WLS wrote:

> Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
>> WLS wrote:
>>> I am curious about these lines in the head tags though.

>>> content="wV30Otjv9HMGVsUOCN0lhoyoFOZKc0d7HVNL1t6aAbw" />
>>> content="id3DJRIvaexBAtJgewLcoc1Xn4J2XCVsv11PuVYJ9QM" />
>>
>> http://www.google.com/support/webmasters/bin/answer.py?answer=35659
>
> Ah! The google-site-verification verifies to Google that you own the
> site and a Google search shows me that the msvalidate.01 meta tag
> validates the site to Bing Webmaster Tools.

Quite. I suppose you could consider it the Goog's "web of trust."  <g>

> Thank you Shagster!

You're velcome.

--
   -bts
Beauregard
On 11-04-03 5:11 PM, louise wrote:
> FF 4, Win 7 Prof
>
> can't get most of the page from www.bose.com. I can get it in Chrome.
>
> I also can't find a way (any longer) to open Firefox 4 in safe mode. How
> does one do that now?

Here's what I see: <http://ilias.ca/screenshots/fx4-bose.png>.
Is that the same page as the one you're having problems with?
FWIW, that page does use Flash, which is not disabled in Safe Mode.

--
Chris Ilias <http://ilias.ca>
Chris
On 4/3/2011 6:22 PM, Ron Hunter wrote:
> On 4/3/2011 5:12 PM, louise wrote:
>> On 4/3/2011 5:40 PM, Good Guy wrote:
>>>
>>> No problems here in WindowsXP SP3, FF4 and also in IE8
>>>
>>> Have you tried clearing the cache to see if it is not bloated?
>>>
>>> hth

>> I've cleared the cache. I've tried safe mode. I tried regular mode
>> disabling flashblock......same problem???
>>
>> If flash were the issue wouldn't it load in safe mode?
>>
>> Louise
>
> the only difference I see here between IE9 and FF4 is that FF4 lacks
> some numbered buttons that slide in from the right with IE9. Suspect
> this page is written for IE.

The entire page, including the flash animation and the numbers on the
right side load perfectly for me with FF4 (WIN XP SP-3).  I'm using
Flash version 10.2.153.1.

0
Peter
4/4/2011 11:42:56 AM
On 4/4/2011 6:42 AM, Peter wrote:
> On 4/3/2011 6:22 PM, Ron Hunter wrote:

>>> I've cleared the cache. I've tried safe mode. I tried regular mode
>>> disabling flashblock......same problem???
>>>
>>> If flash were the issue wouldn't it load in safe mode?
>>>
>>> Louise
>>
>> the only difference I see here between IE9 and FF4 is that FF4 lacks
>> some numbered buttons that slide in from the right with IE9. Suspect
>> this page is written for IE.
>>
> The entire page, including the flash animation and the numbers on the
> right side load perfectly for me with FF4 (WIN XP SP-3). I'm using Flash
> version 10.2.153.1.

I normally use Flashblock.  With Flashblock set to allow that site,
everything looks exactly like IE9.

0
Ron
4/4/2011 12:00:35 PM
Chris Ilias wrote:
> On 11-04-03 5:11 PM, louise wrote:
>> FF 4, Win 7 Prof
>>
>> can't get most of the page from www.bose.com. I can get it in Chrome.
>>
>> I also can't find a way (any longer) to open Firefox 4 in safe mode. How
>> does one do that now?
>
> Here's what I see: <http://ilias.ca/screenshots/fx4-bose.png>.
> Is that the same page as the one you're having problems with?
> FWIW, that page does use Flash, which is not disabled in Safe Mode.

That http://global.bose.com/index.html page works for me in FF 4.0,
clicking on the United States of America link this is what I get.

http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/5264/bose1.png

Whereas clicking on the United Kingdom link provides this result.

http://img807.imageshack.us/img807/4876/bose2.png

Works the same in SeaMonkey 2.1b3pre and Firefox 3.6.16, however all
links open properly in Chromium. Not tested in SeaMonkey 2.0.13.

--
openSUSE 11.3(x86_64) - Gnome2.30 - SeaMonkey 2.1b3pre
0
WLS
4/4/2011 12:41:20 PM
On 4/4/2011 8:00 AM, Ron Hunter wrote:
> On 4/4/2011 6:42 AM, Peter wrote:

>>> the only difference I see here between IE9 and FF4 is that FF4 lacks
>>> some numbered buttons that slide in from the right with IE9. Suspect
>>> this page is written for IE.
>>>
>> The entire page, including the flash animation and the numbers on the
>> right side load perfectly for me with FF4 (WIN XP SP-3). I'm using Flash
>> version 10.2.153.1.
>>
> I normally use Flashblock. With Flashblock set to allow that site,
> everything looks exactly like IE9.

Just tried it and it didn't work.

I guess fortunately there's Chrome and IE :)

Louise
0
louise

can't get any support and can't open firefox
Name: Jacquelyn Flora Email: jacquelynfloraatmacdotcom Product: Firefox Summary: can't get any support and can't open firefox Comments: I am so completely frustrated since I have been trying to resolve this issue for weeks. I cannot open firefox at all ever since I upgraded (big mistake) to 3.0.5 and then 3.0.6. Your support site isn't worth anything because it doesn't answer any of the questions. I am so frustrated that I am ready to give up. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X 10_4_11; en) AppleWebKit/525.27.1 (KHTML, like...

Firefox can't open from URL on other App, can't shut down.
Until now, I had been using Firefox v1.0.2. Beginning yesterday, it became impossible to open a browser by clicking on a URL in either Polarbar Mailer or Pronews/2. There was one exception to this, at a time when there was no open Firefox window at all, when clicking on a URL did open a browser; that never happened if a Firefox window was already open. Shutting down Firefox in the usual way is now also impossible, unless it is done before much activity has taken place in the browser (only after a period of activity in the browser do these symptoms occur). It is possible to ...

Firefox doesn't open; can't get support in Explorer
Name: ken reid Email: kreidatfdainfodotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox doesn't open; can't get support in Explorer Comments: Hi I have been using Thunderbird and Firefox for at least seven years. I do not like Outlook or Internet Explorer. However, I had to sync my PDA phone today with Outlook and now I can't open Firefox at all. I get an error that says: <window ID="main window" V I have uninstalled and reinstalled the program three times, but it wont open. Thunderbird is fine and the box for Outlook and Internet explorer bei...

Can't regenerate, can't open
In 6.5, I have a global function in which a line is causing an error when the app is compiled. When I try to open the function, I'm told "Open of Function f_disable_mainfmenu failed. It has been migrated to current version format, but must also be successfully regenerated". But when I try to regenerate it, the error pops up again and it won't let me regenerate. Any ideas? Thanks. hi, try to export and reimport the function ( check the code also) hope it will help you fran´┐Żois This is one of the pains that will hopefully be eliminated in PB8 (where ...

Can't open Can't delete
Name: Mike Gordon Email: mikeatmgendodotcodotnz Product: Thunderbird Summary: Can't open Can't delete Comments: HELP I cannot open thunderbird after latest update. It has an error message thunderbird.exe is not a Win 32 command. I also cannot delet it to reload it I need some help Please Browser Details: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322) ...

can't perform dumps
I'm trying to learn how to do database dumps and backups with Sybase 11.9.2-1 on Linux. Everytime I run: 'dump database master to "/dev/st0"', I get error 7205, 'Can't open a connection to site SYB_BACKUP. See the error log file in the SQL Server boot directory.' Is there an easy explanation as to why this isn't working? I've just started working with Sybase and thought I was following the dump instructions per the book, but they don't seem to work. Any suggestions? Thanks, winnerd@home.com Hi, Error 7205 could be give...

Can't open my PDM
My colleague added a few things in the PDM file that I usually maintain, and now I can't open it. I get "Can't allocate enough memory !!!". I press OK, only to get the box again, and again, and again, and... My colleague can still open it on his machine. We're using 5.1.1, as we didn't really find 6.0 adding much at all. (And it seems that 6.0 mutiliates Swedish characters in an existing model.) However, I have the PowerDesigner 6.0 Demo installed, and with this I can open the PDM. The machine itself is running NT4 SP3, is a Pentium Pro with 96 MB, so I ...

Can't open a connection to site '%S_SRVID' because 'set up channel' message was not acknowledged
I'm using Adaptive Server Enterprise/12.5.2/EBF 11798/P/NT (IX86)/OS 4.0/ase1252/1831/32-bit/OPT/Fri Apr 09 04:15:03 2004 This morning the prod db server semi-hung. Although not pinned at 100%, all 4 cpus were constantly above 95% utilization. All application connecting to it became unusable. Killing spids did not help. When I issued a "shutdown <server_name> with nowait" I got the following message back: "Msg 7211, Level 18, State 1 Can't open a connection to site '<server_name>' because 'set up channel' message was not ack...

Why do I get the messages that FireFox can't open this or that it dosen't know how?
Name: joseph kuhns Email: josephdotkuhnsatusdotarmydotmil Product: Firefox Summary: Why do I get the messages that FireFox can't open this or that it dosen't know how? Comments: What's the problem with firefox now?? I open an email with links and firefox can't open them. I have to close it down and reload with Internet Explorer, What gives?? Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.0.10) Gecko/2009042316 Firefox/3.0.10 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this fe...

I'm very upset to say i can't use firefox, it doesn't work anymore...
Name: Stephen Email: retrodotrevivalathotmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: I'm very upset to say i can't use firefox, it doesn't work anymore... Comments: I'm very upset to say i can't use firefox, it doesn't work anymore... the addons menu is blank with all weird buttons on the button, and all my addons i cant get to but some still are there like my google toolbar but it won't show in addons, and some buttons are in the navagation toolbar. i will have to uninstall if you can't help Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5....

Web resources about - Can't open site and can't open in safe mode anymore? - mozilla.support.firefox