Can't open site and can't open in safe mode anymore?

FF 4,  Win 7 Prof

can't get most of the page from www.bose.com.  I can get it in Chrome.

I also can't find a way (any longer) to open Firefox 4 in safe mode.
How does one do that now?

Thanks

Louise
0
louise
4/3/2011 9:11:06 PM
📁 mozilla.support.firefox
📃 24319 articles.
⭐ 10 followers.

💬 16 Replies
👁️‍🗨️ 1390 Views

On 4/3/2011 5:11 PM, louise wrote:
> FF 4, Win 7 Prof
>
> can't get most of the page from www.bose.com. I can get it in Chrome.
>
> I also can't find a way (any longer) to open Firefox 4 in safe mode. How
> does one do that now?
>
> Thanks
>
> Louise

found safe mode and disabled all my add-ons.  The site, bose.com, still
doesn't open properly - page is mostly empty

Louise
0
louise
4/3/2011 9:28:12 PM
On 04/03/11 2:11 PM... louise did say:
> FF 4, Win 7 Prof
>
> can't get most of the page from www.bose.com. I can get it in Chrome.

FF4, Win7 Pro also - I have the same problem. Opened site in IE Tab & it
displayed fine.

> I also can't find a way (any longer) to open Firefox 4 in safe mode. How
> does one do that now?

"Firefox button->Help->Restart with Add-ons Disabled"

I had same the problem with Bose's site when I restarted in SafeMode w/o
Add-ons.

Bruce
0
Bruce
4/3/2011 9:30:38 PM
louise wrote:
> FF 4, Win 7 Prof
>
> can't get most of the page from www.bose.com. I can get it in Chrome.
>
> I also can't find a way (any longer) to open Firefox 4 in safe mode. How
> does one do that now?
>
> Thanks
>
> Louise
It loos the same here (Win 7 Pro) in both FF4 and Chrome 10.  Check that
you don't have anything blocking flash.  The main images on the page is
a flash animation.
Dave Pyles
0
David
4/3/2011 9:32:48 PM
No problems here in WindowsXP SP3, FF4 and also in IE8

Have you tried clearing the cache to see if it is not bloated?

hth

louise wrote:
> FF 4,  Win 7 Prof
>
> can't get most of the page from www.bose.com.  I can get it in Chrome.
>
> I also can't find a way (any longer) to open Firefox 4 in safe mode.
> How does one do that now?
>
> Thanks
>
> Louise
0
Good
4/3/2011 9:40:57 PM
On 4/3/2011 5:40 PM, Good Guy wrote:

> No problems here in WindowsXP SP3, FF4 and also in IE8
>
> Have you tried clearing the cache to see if it is not bloated?
>
> hth
>
> louise wrote:
>> FF 4, Win 7 Prof
>>
>> can't get most of the page from www.bose.com. I can get it in Chrome.
>>
>> I also can't find a way (any longer) to open Firefox 4 in safe mode.
>> How does one do that now?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Louise

I've cleared the cache.  I've tried safe mode.  I tried regular mode
disabling flashblock......same problem???

If flash were the issue wouldn't it load in safe mode?

Louise
0
louise
4/3/2011 10:12:26 PM
On 4/3/2011 5:12 PM, louise wrote:
> On 4/3/2011 5:40 PM, Good Guy wrote:
>>
>> No problems here in WindowsXP SP3, FF4 and also in IE8
>>
>> Have you tried clearing the cache to see if it is not bloated?
>>
>> hth
>>
>> louise wrote:
>>> FF 4, Win 7 Prof
>>>
>>> can't get most of the page from www.bose.com. I can get it in Chrome.
>>>
>>> I also can't find a way (any longer) to open Firefox 4 in safe mode.
>>> How does one do that now?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> Louise
>
> I've cleared the cache. I've tried safe mode. I tried regular mode
> disabling flashblock......same problem???
>
> If flash were the issue wouldn't it load in safe mode?
>
> Louise

the only difference I see here between IE9 and FF4 is that FF4 lacks
some numbered buttons that slide in from the right with IE9.  Suspect
this page is written for IE.

0
Ron
4/3/2011 10:22:20 PM
Am 2011-04-03 23:11, schrieb louise:
> FF 4, Win 7 Prof
>
> can't get most of the page from www.bose.com. I can get it in
> Chrome.

W3C markup validation service says: 26 errors and 6 warnings ...

Christoph

--
email:
nurfuerspam -> gmx
louise wrote:
> FF 4, Win 7 Prof
>
> can't get most of the page from www.bose.com. I can get it in Chrome.
>
> I also can't find a way (any longer) to open Firefox 4 in safe mode. How
> does one do that now?
>
> Thanks
>
> Louise

openSUSE 11.3 FF 4, FF 3.6.16 and SM 2.1b3pre all show the same result
as Louise, whereas SM 2.0.13 and Chromium load the site correctly for me.

I am curious about these lines in the head tags though.

content="wV30Otjv9HMGVsUOCN0lhoyoFOZKc0d7HVNL1t6aAbw" />
content="id3DJRIvaexBAtJgewLcoc1Xn4J2XCVsv11PuVYJ9QM" />

WLS

--
openSUSE 11.3(x86_64) - Gnome2.30 - SeaMonkey 2.1b3pre
0

http://www.google.com/support/webmasters/bin/answer.py?answer=35659

--
   -bts
Beauregard
Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
> WLS wrote:
>
>> I am curious about these lines in the head tags though.

>> content="wV30Otjv9HMGVsUOCN0lhoyoFOZKc0d7HVNL1t6aAbw" />
>> content="id3DJRIvaexBAtJgewLcoc1Xn4J2XCVsv11PuVYJ9QM" />
>
> http://www.google.com/support/webmasters/bin/answer.py?answer=35659

Ah! The google-site-verification verifies to Google that you own the
site and a Google search shows me that the msvalidate.01 meta tag
validates the site to Bing Webmaster Tools.

Thank you Shagster!

WLS

--
openSUSE 11.3(x86_64) - Gnome2.30 - SeaMonkey 2.1b3pre
0
WLS
4/4/2011 12:32:31 AM
WLS wrote:

> Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
>> WLS wrote:
>>> I am curious about these lines in the head tags though.

>>> content="wV30Otjv9HMGVsUOCN0lhoyoFOZKc0d7HVNL1t6aAbw" />
>>> content="id3DJRIvaexBAtJgewLcoc1Xn4J2XCVsv11PuVYJ9QM" />
>>
>> http://www.google.com/support/webmasters/bin/answer.py?answer=35659
>
> Ah! The google-site-verification verifies to Google that you own the
> site and a Google search shows me that the msvalidate.01 meta tag
> validates the site to Bing Webmaster Tools.

Quite. I suppose you could consider it the Goog's "web of trust."  <g>

> Thank you Shagster!

You're velcome.

--
   -bts
Beauregard
On 11-04-03 5:11 PM, louise wrote:
> FF 4, Win 7 Prof
>
> can't get most of the page from www.bose.com. I can get it in Chrome.
>
> I also can't find a way (any longer) to open Firefox 4 in safe mode. How
> does one do that now?

Here's what I see: <http://ilias.ca/screenshots/fx4-bose.png>.
Is that the same page as the one you're having problems with?
FWIW, that page does use Flash, which is not disabled in Safe Mode.

--
Chris Ilias <http://ilias.ca>
Chris
On 4/3/2011 6:22 PM, Ron Hunter wrote:
> On 4/3/2011 5:12 PM, louise wrote:
>> On 4/3/2011 5:40 PM, Good Guy wrote:
>>>
>>> No problems here in WindowsXP SP3, FF4 and also in IE8
>>>
>>> Have you tried clearing the cache to see if it is not bloated?
>>>
>>> hth

>> I've cleared the cache. I've tried safe mode. I tried regular mode
>> disabling flashblock......same problem???
>>
>> If flash were the issue wouldn't it load in safe mode?
>>
>> Louise
>
> the only difference I see here between IE9 and FF4 is that FF4 lacks
> some numbered buttons that slide in from the right with IE9. Suspect
> this page is written for IE.

The entire page, including the flash animation and the numbers on the
right side load perfectly for me with FF4 (WIN XP SP-3).  I'm using
Flash version 10.2.153.1.

0
Peter
4/4/2011 11:42:56 AM
On 4/4/2011 6:42 AM, Peter wrote:
> On 4/3/2011 6:22 PM, Ron Hunter wrote:

>>> I've cleared the cache. I've tried safe mode. I tried regular mode
>>> disabling flashblock......same problem???
>>>
>>> If flash were the issue wouldn't it load in safe mode?
>>>
>>> Louise
>>
>> the only difference I see here between IE9 and FF4 is that FF4 lacks
>> some numbered buttons that slide in from the right with IE9. Suspect
>> this page is written for IE.
>>
> The entire page, including the flash animation and the numbers on the
> right side load perfectly for me with FF4 (WIN XP SP-3). I'm using Flash
> version 10.2.153.1.

I normally use Flashblock.  With Flashblock set to allow that site,
everything looks exactly like IE9.

0
Ron
4/4/2011 12:00:35 PM
Chris Ilias wrote:
> On 11-04-03 5:11 PM, louise wrote:
>> FF 4, Win 7 Prof
>>
>> can't get most of the page from www.bose.com. I can get it in Chrome.
>>
>> I also can't find a way (any longer) to open Firefox 4 in safe mode. How
>> does one do that now?
>
> Here's what I see: <http://ilias.ca/screenshots/fx4-bose.png>.
> Is that the same page as the one you're having problems with?
> FWIW, that page does use Flash, which is not disabled in Safe Mode.

That http://global.bose.com/index.html page works for me in FF 4.0,
clicking on the United States of America link this is what I get.

http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/5264/bose1.png

Whereas clicking on the United Kingdom link provides this result.

http://img807.imageshack.us/img807/4876/bose2.png

Works the same in SeaMonkey 2.1b3pre and Firefox 3.6.16, however all
links open properly in Chromium. Not tested in SeaMonkey 2.0.13.

--
openSUSE 11.3(x86_64) - Gnome2.30 - SeaMonkey 2.1b3pre
0
WLS
4/4/2011 12:41:20 PM
On 4/4/2011 8:00 AM, Ron Hunter wrote:
> On 4/4/2011 6:42 AM, Peter wrote:

>>> the only difference I see here between IE9 and FF4 is that FF4 lacks
>>> some numbered buttons that slide in from the right with IE9. Suspect
>>> this page is written for IE.
>>>
>> The entire page, including the flash animation and the numbers on the
>> right side load perfectly for me with FF4 (WIN XP SP-3). I'm using Flash
>> version 10.2.153.1.
>>
> I normally use Flashblock. With Flashblock set to allow that site,
> everything looks exactly like IE9.

Just tried it and it didn't work.

I guess fortunately there's Chrome and IE :)

Louise
0
louise