Bookmarked sites not indicated as bookmarked by the bookmark star

Firefox 28.0 - openSUSE 13.1

When I open some of my bookmarks from the bookmarks toolbar the star
does not turn yellow.

That to me indicates that Firefox doesn't consider them as bookmarked.

Any theories as to why that occurs?

Any Windows or Mac users noticing this bug?

Some sites have changed URLs but some have not.

Same problem in safe mode, ESR, Beta and Nightly.

WaltS

WaltS wrote:
> Firefox 28.0 - openSUSE 13.1
>
> When I open some of my bookmarks from the bookmarks toolbar the star
> does not turn yellow.
>
> That to me indicates that Firefox doesn't consider them as bookmarked.
>
> Any theories as to why that occurs?
>
> Any Windows or Mac users noticing this bug?
>
> Some sites have changed URLs but some have not.
>
> Same problem in safe mode, ESR, Beta and Nightly.

What star, Walt?

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net/
WaltS <thalionusa@EVOMERaim.com> wrote:

> Firefox 28.0 - openSUSE 13.1
>
> When I open some of my bookmarks from the bookmarks toolbar the star
> does not turn yellow.
>
> That to me indicates that Firefox doesn't consider them as bookmarked.
>
> Any theories as to why that occurs?

I see that from time to time, though I haven't in quite a while.  I can
never reproduce it in safe mode, so my guess is that it's some
extension or combination of extensions.  I've never tried to figure out
which.
0
UTF
3/24/2014 3:49:54 PM
On 03/24/2014 11:48 AM, Ed Mullen wrote:
> WaltS wrote:
>> Firefox 28.0 - openSUSE 13.1
>>
>> When I open some of my bookmarks from the bookmarks toolbar the star
>> does not turn yellow.
>>
>> That to me indicates that Firefox doesn't consider them as bookmarked.
>>
>> Any theories as to why that occurs?
>>
>> Any Windows or Mac users noticing this bug?
>>
>> Some sites have changed URLs but some have not.
>>
>> Same problem in safe mode, ESR, Beta and Nightly.
>>

> What star, Walt?

The bookmark star.

WaltS
3/24/2014 3:56:32 PM
On 03/24/2014 11:49 AM, �Q� wrote:
> In <news:qMednecpye_qz63OnZ2dnUVZ_uWdnZ2d@mozilla.org>,
> WaltS <thalionusa@EVOMERaim.com> wrote:
>
>> Firefox 28.0 - openSUSE 13.1
>>
>> When I open some of my bookmarks from the bookmarks toolbar the star
>> does not turn yellow.
>>
>> That to me indicates that Firefox doesn't consider them as bookmarked.
>>
>> Any theories as to why that occurs?
>
> I see that from time to time, though I haven't in quite a while.  I can
> never reproduce it in safe mode, so my guess is that it's some
> extension or combination of extensions.  I've never tried to figure out
> which.

I can reproduce it in safe mode, as stated in my unedited post.

I should make a list of the ones I have deleted and replaced with a new
bookmark that activates the bookmark star.

WaltS
3/24/2014 4:00:54 PM
"WaltS" <thalionusa@EVOMERaim.com> wrote in message
> On 03/24/2014 11:49 AM, �Q� wrote:
>> In <news:qMednecpye_qz63OnZ2dnUVZ_uWdnZ2d@mozilla.org>,
>> WaltS <thalionusa@EVOMERaim.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Firefox 28.0 - openSUSE 13.1
>>>
>>> When I open some of my bookmarks from the bookmarks toolbar the star
>>> does not turn yellow.
>>>
>>> That to me indicates that Firefox doesn't consider them as bookmarked.
>>>
>>> Any theories as to why that occurs?
>>
>> I see that from time to time, though I haven't in quite a while.  I can
>> never reproduce it in safe mode, so my guess is that it's some
>> extension or combination of extensions.  I've never tried to figure out
>> which.
>>

> I can reproduce it in safe mode, as stated in my unedited post.
>
> I should make a list of the ones I have deleted and replaced with a new
> bookmark that activates the bookmark star.

I've seen this occur when a bookmarked url is getting (automagically)
redirected to a new url, such that the new url is not actually bookmarked. I
don't know if that's your issue or not, but perhaps you might want to
carefully compare the urls.

0
custom
3/25/2014 12:56:39 AM
On 03/24/2014 08:56 PM, custom.firefox.lady wrote:

> "WaltS" <thalionusa@EVOMERaim.com> wrote in message
>> On 03/24/2014 11:49 AM, �Q� wrote:

>>> I see that from time to time, though I haven't in quite a while.  I can
>>> never reproduce it in safe mode, so my guess is that it's some
>>> extension or combination of extensions.  I've never tried to figure out
>>> which.
>>>

>> I can reproduce it in safe mode, as stated in my unedited post.
>>
>> I should make a list of the ones I have deleted and replaced with a
>> new bookmark that activates the bookmark star.
>
> I've seen this occur when a bookmarked url is getting (automagically)
> redirected to a new url, such that the new url is not actually
> bookmarked. I don't know if that's your issue or not, but perhaps you
> might want to carefully compare the urls.

I've been doing that.

It seems some bookmarks are http://www.<site> and the URL bar shows
<site>. When I remove the http://www using properties, the star changes
color.

Some have changed completely and been redirected.

Sort of makes the bookmark star unnecessary, but some users activate it
to bookmark a site or page.

Looks like Chrome or so I hear
Definitely more customizable than Chrome
0
WaltS

Firefox: Bookmarks (Bookmark Here)
Name: Okorie Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox: Bookmarks (Bookmark Here) Comments: When browsing the Bookmarks branches from the menu, it would be most efficient to have a 'Bookmark Here' item at the top of each branch. An example of this feature can be seen with the ScrapBook add-on (by Gomita). Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-GB; rv:1.9.1.3) Gecko/20090824 Firefox/3.5.3 GTB5 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) From URL: Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC)...

Bookmarks are only sorted in bookmark manager, not in bookmark menu
Name: Elke Andresen Email: 18a7ademaatlycosdotcodotuk Product: Firefox Summary: Bookmarks are only sorted in bookmark manager, not in bookmark menu Comments: Bookmarks can only be sorted e.g. alphabetically while in bookmark manager but these changes are not reflected on the bookmark menu (i.e. they remain unsorted). The bookmark menu can only be manually sorted. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.5; de; rv:1.9) Gecko/2008061004 Firefox/3.0 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ ...

Deleting a bookmark on the bookmarks toolbar deletes the bookmark completely
Name: PGD Email: firefoxatdrangedotnet Product: Firefox Summary: Deleting a bookmark on the bookmarks toolbar deletes the bookmark completely Comments: (Firefox 3.0.11, Ubuntu) If you bookmark a page to the bookmark toolbar and after a while decides you don't want the bookmark to be in the toolbar, it gets un-bookmarked. This happens even though you click the star several times and add tags. Firefox should detect whether or not you have actively bookmarked it again and use that information when you delete it from the toolbar. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Lin...

Menu BookMarks/BookMark
Name: aurelie Email: aureliedotneveuatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Menu BookMarks/BookMark Comments: Menu BookMarks/BookMark This Page : The buttons 'CANCEL' & 'DONE' are not placed correctly. Invert them. Instinctively you choose DONE or YES or OK on the left side, and CANCEL on the right side. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9b4) Gecko/2008030714 Firefox/3.0b4 ...

Bookmarks and managing bookmarks
Name: Charles Quick Email: ceq999atyahoodotcom Product: Firefox Release Candidate Summary: Bookmarks and managing bookmarks Comments: Perhaps I'm a creature of habit, but I don't like the new bookmark portion of Beta 2. Before it was so easy to just click and store my bookmarks in the folder of my choice and manage and edit with one or two simple clicks. I certainly prefer the ease of use of Firefox 2 bookmarks. Thank you for being the best browser option available Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9b2) Gecko/2007121120 Firefox/3....

Bookmarks? Who Needs Bookmarks?
I do not like the Moz 1.6 BM mgr, so I decided to export my BM to NS 7.0 (see below--4.75 realization) to manipulate the BM in the old mgr. I created a file called bookmarks_moz_out.html, 630K. I imported it into 7.0 and found that about 2-300 BM were missing from the end. I also realized the BM mgr for 7.0 is not what I wanted. I think 4.75 or so was. 7.0 seems to be the same az Moz 1.6. I searched for bookmark* files and found what now appears to be the Moz 1.6 file. It too was truncated in # of entries. However, it's size was something like 1.3M. This suggests maybe it does ...

bookmarks toolbar, bookmarks menu & unsorted bookmarks
Name: Product: Firefox Summary: bookmarks toolbar, bookmarks menu & unsorted bookmarks Comments: Millions of people hate bookmarks toolbar, bookmarks menu & unsorted bookmarks! But you seem to be arrogant enough to continue to force them onto everyone. This is the sort of thing that Microsoft do all the time to their users! The end user must be able to decide what they want to do with them by allowing us to remove, keep or hide them. Why is Mozilla Firefox acting like a Microsoft clone? Shame on you Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-...

Bookmarks in Bookmarks Toolbar
Name: Paul Email: wettervogelatgmxdotnet Product: Firefox Release Candidate Summary: Bookmarks in Bookmarks Toolbar Comments: It appears that double bookmarks (i.e., the same bookmark in the ordinary bookmark list and at the same time in the very useful Bookmarks Toolbar are no longer possible. I see no reason for this, and I miss my bookmarks that have been in my bookmark list for years now being removed from it just because I duplicated them to the Bookmarks Toolbar. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.5; en-US; rv:1.9) Gecko/2008061004 Firefox/3...

Bookmarks: how to export SOME bookmarks
Is there a simple way to export/import selected folders from FireBird? I'd like to give a bunch of selected bookmarks to a friend, but not my entire bookmark file. And/or, I'd like to be able to export my bookmark file to a diskette to take along when travelling and using other computers, but the whole thing won't fit on a diskette. I tried Bookmarks>Manage Bookmarks, highlighted a folder, then File>Export, but... The export function seems to export the entire file, when what I want is just a subset of the bookmarks. The only way I can think of is to: 1...

Bookmarks on the Bookmarks Toolbar
In FF 12.0 I suddenly noticed that the Bookmarks Toolbar has the Bookmarks link at the very far right. I must have done something to get that there, but I can't figure out what. As I have already Bookmarks on the Menu Bar I like to remove Bookmarks from the Bookmarks Toolbar. How can I do that? Dempsey wrote: > In FF 12.0 I suddenly noticed that the Bookmarks Toolbar has the > Bookmarks link at the very far right. I must have done something to get > that there, but I can't figure out what. > > As I have already Bookmarks on the Menu Bar I like to remove B...

Bookmarks and Bookmarks Toolbar
Name: Jacqui Email: jhgeorgiatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Bookmarks and Bookmarks Toolbar Comments: I have had multiple problems with bookmarks on the latest version and this beta version of Firefox. I am using the beta version because it is the only version of Firefox that will run on my computer (running Windows XP). I can not get the bookmarks to work even after following instructions on the support/help page. Some of my bookmarks are accessible through the "Organize Bookmarks" option, but the rest seem to be in the wind. Will not load backup bookma...

bookmarks on the bookmarks bar
Name: Josh Greenman Email: joshdotgreenmanatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: bookmarks on the bookmarks bar Comments: on my work pc, I can view individual icons on the bookmark bar (which led me to delete the text description of many of my bookmarks to conserve space). on my home mac, all the little icons have disappeared, leaving me with lots of blank bookmarks. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; en-US; rv:1.9.2.4) Gecko/20100413 Firefox/3.6.4 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a resp...

bookmarks bar has no bookmarks
Name: Dan Email: danielgrenellatgmaildotcom Product: Gran Paradiso Summary: bookmarks bar has no bookmarks Comments: i have bookmarks in the "Bookmarks Toolbar" folder in bookmarks, and i've tried dragging them into the bar, but they refuse to appear. i assume this is a bug. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.5; en-US; rv:1.9b3) Gecko/2008020511 Firefox/3.0b3 ...

Bookmarks and Bookmarks toolbar
Name: Pete Alonzo Email: aralonzoatsbcglobaldotnet Product: Firefox Summary: Bookmarks and Bookmarks toolbar Comments: I set my most visited websites and online email sites into the bookmarks and bookmarks toolbar several times. With no apparent reasons there all are gone or reset to nothing. I did not reinstall or update my firefox. Is there bugs or virus on my PC? Thanks, Pete Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.2) Gecko/20070219 Firefox/2.0.0.2 ...

Web resources about - Bookmarked sites not indicated as bookmarked by the bookmark star - mozilla.support.firefox

Bookmarked - Macleans.ca
Stories about Bookmarkedfrom Macleans.ca

Rego Now Lets You Back Up Your Bookmarked Places And Photos With Dropbox
... App Rego Gains Satellite View, Navigon Support And More . Rego - Bookmark your favorite places Rego Now Lets You Back Up Your Bookmarked Places ...

Refind digs out past treasures by adding bookmarked articles to your search results
I’ve previously talked about how I save too many articles to read later and questioned whether bookmarking pages is still a thing. Basically, ...

Skype call recording with bookmarked, mind-mapped notes
I've been perfecting a very specific efficiency aspect of my workflow: taking notes during Skype calls. I use a Skype-in number as my primary ...

Read It Later lands $2.5M to access bookmarked content anywhere
Read It Later, the company that lets you bookmark web content and access it on other devices, has secured a first round of funding for $2.5 million, ...

YouTube account that belongs to a person named Tamerlan Tsarnaev had bookmarked videos on terrorism
The videos under the account of a person named Tamerlan Tsarnaev gave hints of piety and a more extreme faith.

Chicago news station left Pornhub bookmarked during smartphone report
... to hit incognito mode before it filmed a smartphone user for a news segment, with a Google search for 'expungement' instead showing up bookmarked ...