Adobe Flash Player on Fx 14.0.1

Successfully upgraded from 3.6.28 to 14.0.1 about a week ago.
Had problems with old flash player, which was installed about this time
in 2011, on Fx14. Downloaded latest version of it from Adobe website a
few days ago.
Uninstalled old flash player and now attempting to install new one which
is x.x.x.268 IIRC. Getting consistent installation error that indicates
it can't find action list. Any idea what this about?
Thanks.
11
Iain
7/30/2012 7:14:32 PM
📁 mozilla.support.firefox
📃 24319 articles.
⭐ 10 followers.

💬 7 Replies
👁️‍🗨️ 24487 Views

On Tue, 31 Jul 2012 05:14:32 +1000, Iain wrote:
> Uninstalled old flash player and now attempting to install new one which
> is x.x.x.268 IIRC. Getting consistent installation error that indicates
> it can't find action list. Any idea what this about?
Have you used Adobe's uninstaller?
Download here:
<http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-windows.html#main_Download_the_Adobe_Flash_Player_uninstaller>
Direct link:
<http://download.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/support/uninstall_flash_player.exe>
Uninstall and then reinstall (plugin for Fx):
<https://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/distribution3.html>
Direct link:
<http://download.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/licensing/win/install_flash_player_11_plugin.exe>
(I would rather trust adobe.com than filehippo.com.)
--
s|b
El 30/07/2012 16:05, s|b escribi�:
> On Tue, 31 Jul 2012 05:14:32 +1000, Iain wrote:
>
>> Uninstalled old flash player and now attempting to install new one which
>> is x.x.x.268 IIRC. Getting consistent installation error that indicates
>> it can't find action list. Any idea what this about?
>
> Have you used Adobe's uninstaller?
>
> Download here:
> <http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-windows.html#main_Download_the_Adobe_Flash_Player_uninstaller>
>
> Direct link:
> <http://download.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/support/uninstall_flash_player.exe>
>
> Uninstall and then reinstall (plugin for Fx):
> <https://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/distribution3.html>
>
> Direct link:
> <http://download.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/licensing/win/install_flash_player_11_plugin.exe>
>
> (I would rather trust adobe.com than filehippo.com.)

Firefox:
http://get.adobe.com/es/flashplayer/completion/?installer=Flash_Player_11_for_Other_Browsers
Internet Explorer:
http://get.adobe.com/es/flashplayer/completion/?installer=Flash_Player_11_for_Internet_Explorer
0
MrGatoChile
7/30/2012 10:10:07 PM
Spent several hours trying to get it to work with various suggestions.
Don't need the grief.
Now using Chrome.
Farewell Firefox.  Been a nice ride.
3
bill
7/30/2012 11:19:51 PM
Am 30.07.2012 21:14, schrieb Iain:
> Successfully upgraded from 3.6.28 to 14.0.1 about a week ago.
>
> Had problems with old flash player, which was installed about this time
> in 2011, on Fx14. Downloaded latest version of it from Adobe website a
> few days ago.
>
> Uninstalled old flash player and now attempting to install new one which
> is x.x.x.268 IIRC. Getting consistent installation error that indicates
> it can't find action list. Any idea what this about?
>
> Thanks.
Just a few questions:
Does this installation error only concern the Firefox plugin
(NPSWF32_11_3_300_268.dll) or is the IE component
(NPSWF32_11_3_300_268.ocx) likewise affected?
How did you uninstall the old version? If you didn't use the *Adobe
Flash Player 11.3.300.268 Uninstaller* you should run it now just to
remove leftovers from older versions.
After uninstalling the old version what files do you still find in
C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash?
-rebro
3
rebro
7/31/2012 9:45:20 AM
On 31/07/2012 08:10, MrGatoChile wrote:
> El 30/07/2012 16:05, s|b escribi�:
>> On Tue, 31 Jul 2012 05:14:32 +1000, Iain wrote:
>>
>>> Uninstalled old flash player and now attempting to install new one which
>>> is x.x.x.268 IIRC. Getting consistent installation error that indicates
>>> it can't find action list. Any idea what this about?
>>
>> Have you used Adobe's uninstaller?
>>
>> Download here:
>> <http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-windows.html#main_Download_the_Adobe_Flash_Player_uninstaller>
>>

>> Direct link:
>> <http://download.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/support/uninstall_flash_player.exe>
>>

>> Uninstall and then reinstall (plugin for Fx):
>> <https://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/distribution3.html>
>>
>> Direct link:
>> <http://download.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/licensing/win/install_flash_player_11_plugin.exe>
>>

>> (I would rather trust adobe.com than filehippo.com.)
>>
> Firefox:
>
> http://get.adobe.com/es/flashplayer/completion/?installer=Flash_Player_11_for_Other_Browsers
>

> Internet Explorer:
>
> http://get.adobe.com/es/flashplayer/completion/?installer=Flash_Player_11_for_Internet_Explorer

Sorted.
Thanks!
-2
Iain
7/31/2012 12:01:12 PM
On 31/07/2012 19:45, rebro wrote:
> Am 30.07.2012 21:14, schrieb Iain:
>> Successfully upgraded from 3.6.28 to 14.0.1 about a week ago.
>>
>> Had problems with old flash player, which was installed about this time
>> in 2011, on Fx14. Downloaded latest version of it from Adobe website a
>> few days ago.
>>
>> Uninstalled old flash player and now attempting to install new one which
>> is x.x.x.268 IIRC. Getting consistent installation error that indicates
>> it can't find action list. Any idea what this about?
>>
>> Thanks.
>
> Just a few questions:
>
> Does this installation error only concern the Firefox plugin
> (NPSWF32_11_3_300_268.dll) or is the IE component
> (NPSWF32_11_3_300_268.ocx) likewise affected?
>
> How did you uninstall the old version? If you didn't use the *Adobe
> Flash Player 11.3.300.268 Uninstaller* you should run it now just to
> remove leftovers from older versions.
>
> After uninstalling the old version what files do you still find in
> C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash?
> -rebro

Error only concerns Firefox plugin as I never use IE 8 that's installed
on my system. Interesting observation is that the download file size
that I had from last week was less than 1Mb, whilst the file size from
MrGatoChile's links is slightly less than 10 Mb.
I originally use windows installer to remove the old version yesterday,
then I used the Adobe uninstaller to remove the FileHippo version later.
Actual Adobe product is installed now and working fine.

2
Iain
7/31/2012 12:12:57 PM
On Mon, 30 Jul 2012 18:10:07 -0400, MrGatoChile wrote:
> Firefox:
>
> http://get.adobe.com/es/flashplayer/completion/?installer=Flash_Player_11_for_Other_Browsers
>
> Internet Explorer:
>
> http://get.adobe.com/es/flashplayer/completion/?installer=Flash_Player_11_for_Internet_Explorer
I don't know what this adds to my follow-up; both files are found at