3.08->3.09->3.08 >> 3.10

Cryptic subject line, I know.

I am currently running FF3.08 (I think... yup that's what the Help/About
  box says) and have been for sometime. (And I'm on Win XP)

However, for the last several days every time I start FF I get a
"checking for updated plugins" dialog and then a "you are now running
3.0x" page.

the FF 3.0x was 3.09 once, and I have only noticed it once, but I'll pay
closer attention to see if it comes up again.

The help menu currently says its downloading 3.10, and its been saying
that for several days. I've got a cable broadband connection and no way
does it take more that a couple of minutes to download Firefox at the
worst of times.

Any idea of what is going on?

0
Keith

Keith Latham wrote:
> Cryptic subject line, I know.
>
> I am currently running FF3.08 (I think... yup that's what the Help/About
>  box says) and have been for sometime. (And I'm on Win XP)
>
> However, for the last several days every time I start FF I get a
> "checking for updated plugins" dialog and then a "you are now running
> 3.0x" page.
>
> the FF 3.0x was 3.09 once, and I have only noticed it once, but I'll pay
> closer attention to see if it comes up again.
>
> The help menu currently says its downloading 3.10, and its been saying
> that for several days. I've got a cable broadband connection and no way
> does it take more that a couple of minutes to download Firefox at the
> worst of times.
>
> Any idea of what is going on?

OK, I just restarted FF and its 'updated' me to 3.09 again. Still claims
to be downloading 3.10.
0
Keith
4/29/2009 9:12:38 AM
Keith Latham said this on 4/29/2009 5:12 AM:
> Keith Latham wrote:
>> Cryptic subject line, I know.
>>
>> I am currently running FF3.08 (I think... yup that's what the
>> Help/About  box says) and have been for sometime. (And I'm on Win XP)
>>
>> However, for the last several days every time I start FF I get a
>> "checking for updated plugins" dialog and then a "you are now running
>> 3.0x" page.
>>
>> the FF 3.0x was 3.09 once, and I have only noticed it once, but I'll
>> pay closer attention to see if it comes up again.
>>
>> The help menu currently says its downloading 3.10, and its been saying
>> that for several days. I've got a cable broadband connection and no
>> way does it take more that a couple of minutes to download Firefox at
>> the worst of times.
>>
>> Any idea of what is going on?
>>

> OK, I just restarted FF and its 'updated' me to 3.09 again. Still claims
> to be downloading 3.10.
Have you just tried downloading 3.10 and installing yourself?
0
Big_Al
4/29/2009 9:22:47 AM
"Keith Latham" wrote...
> Cryptic subject line, I know.
>
> I am currently running FF3.08 (I think... yup that's what the Help/About
>  box says) and have been for sometime. (And I'm on Win XP)
>
> However, for the last several days every time I start FF I get a
> "checking for updated plugins" dialog and then a "you are now running
> 3.0x" page.
>
> the FF 3.0x was 3.09 once, and I have only noticed it once, but I'll pay
> closer attention to see if it comes up again.
>
> The help menu currently says its downloading 3.10, and its been saying
> that for several days. I've got a cable broadband connection and no way
> does it take more that a couple of minutes to download Firefox at the
> worst of times.
>
> Any idea of what is going on?

No idea, but you might check out
   http://kb.mozillazine.org/Software_Update
0
David
4/29/2009 10:16:49 AM
Big_Al wrote:
> Keith Latham said this on 4/29/2009 5:12 AM:
>> Keith Latham wrote:
>>> Cryptic subject line, I know.
>>>
>>> I am currently running FF3.08 (I think... yup that's what the
>>> Help/About  box says) and have been for sometime. (And I'm on Win XP)
>>>
>>> However, for the last several days every time I start FF I get a
>>> "checking for updated plugins" dialog and then a "you are now running
>>> 3.0x" page.
>>>
>>> the FF 3.0x was 3.09 once, and I have only noticed it once, but I'll
>>> pay closer attention to see if it comes up again.
>>>
>>> The help menu currently says its downloading 3.10, and its been
>>> saying that for several days. I've got a cable broadband connection
>>> and no way does it take more that a couple of minutes to download
>>> Firefox at the worst of times.
>>>
>>> Any idea of what is going on?
>>>

>> OK, I just restarted FF and its 'updated' me to 3.09 again. Still
>> claims to be downloading 3.10.
> Have you just tried downloading 3.10 and installing yourself?

Nope. Its just doing the automatic updates, bouncing back and forth
between 3.08 and 3.09 while it claims to be in the process of
downloading 3.10.

Wait a minute... wait a minute... OK, it now appears to have finished
downloading 3.10 finally and installed it. I am now on 3.10. I'll see if
that sticks.
0
Keith
4/29/2009 11:25:51 AM
David McRitchie wrote:
> "Keith Latham" wrote...
>> Cryptic subject line, I know.
>>
>> I am currently running FF3.08 (I think... yup that's what the
>> Help/About  box says) and have been for sometime. (And I'm on Win XP)
>>
>> However, for the last several days every time I start FF I get a
>> "checking for updated plugins" dialog and then a "you are now running
>> 3.0x" page.
>>
>> the FF 3.0x was 3.09 once, and I have only noticed it once, but I'll
>> pay closer attention to see if it comes up again.
>>
>> The help menu currently says its downloading 3.10, and its been saying
>> that for several days. I've got a cable broadband connection and no
>> way does it take more that a couple of minutes to download Firefox at
>> the worst of times.
>>
>> Any idea of what is going on?
>
> No idea, but you might check out
>   http://kb.mozillazine.org/Software_Update

Thanks. I don't see anything off hand that relates to my situation but
I'll keep it in mind for closer analysis if the problem recurs. It seems
to have completed its update to 3.10 now so I'll see if that sticks
around for awhile.
0
Keith
4/29/2009 11:29:57 AM
Keith Latham wrote:
> Keith Latham wrote:
>> Cryptic subject line, I know.
>>
>> I am currently running FF3.08 (I think... yup that's what the Help/About
>>  box says) and have been for sometime. (And I'm on Win XP)
>>
>> However, for the last several days every time I start FF I get a
>> "checking for updated plugins" dialog and then a "you are now running
>> 3.0x" page.
>>
>> the FF 3.0x was 3.09 once, and I have only noticed it once, but I'll pay
>> closer attention to see if it comes up again.
>>
>> The help menu currently says its downloading 3.10, and its been saying
>> that for several days. I've got a cable broadband connection and no way
>> does it take more that a couple of minutes to download Firefox at the
>> worst of times.
>>
>> Any idea of what is going on?
>>

> OK, I just restarted FF and its 'updated' me to 3.09 again. Still claims
> to be downloading 3.10.

Go to the Mozilla site and download the current (3.0.10) version,
complete, and install it.
0
Ron
4/29/2009 1:17:04 PM
"Ron Hunter"
> Go to the Mozilla site and download the current (3.0.10) version,
> complete, and install it.

Hi Ron,
Keith reported that the automatic update to 3.0.10 finally went to completion.
0
David
4/29/2009 1:33:06 PM
David McRitchie wrote:
> "Ron Hunter"
>> Go to the Mozilla site and download the current (3.0.10) version,
>> complete, and install it.
>
> Hi Ron,
> Keith reported that the automatic update to 3.0.10 finally went to completion.

Yes, very weird.  Maybe he had the same server I got trying to download
the full version of 3.5b4, which was going at 3kB/second!  Sometimes
that happens, and it is much better to just start another download, then
when it finishes, cancel the other.
0
Ron
4/29/2009 8:10:31 PM
OK, this is just weird. After a week of running 3.10 just fine, my d@mn
system has gone back to 3.08 AGAIN. 3.10 is downloading AGAIN.

WTFIGOWTST?
0
Keith
5/6/2009 3:45:53 AM
Should be 3.010, not 3.10. :)

--
   @~@   Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY.
  / v \  Simplicity is Beauty! May the Force and Farce be with you!
> Should be 3.010, not 3.10. :)

actually   3.0.8,  3.0.9,  and  3.0.10,   but looks
like the poster has problems again.
0
David
5/6/2009 4:35:28 AM
David McRitchie wrote:
> "Man-wai Chang ToDie (+MS=V32B)" wrote...
>> Should be 3.010, not 3.10. :)
>
> actually   3.0.8,  3.0.9,  and  3.0.10,   but looks
> like the poster has problems again.
Has the original poster tried to remove Firefox completely and reinstall?
0
Keith
--------------enig90C3187104EE13E8B8B4A49E

Man-wai Chang ToDie (+MS=3DV32B) wrote:
> Should be 3.010, not 3.10. :)

or should it be 3.0.10?

--=20

peace out.

tc,hago.

=2E

****
**
help microsoft stamp out piracy - give linux to a friend today
**
to mess up a linux box, you need to work at it;
to mess up an ms windows box, you just need to *look at* it.
**
learn linux:
'HowtoForge' http://howtoforge.com/
****

g wrote:
> Man-wai Chang ToDie (+MS=V32B) wrote:
>> Should be 3.010, not 3.10. :)
>
> or should it be 3.0.10?

Yes. I left the minor version out of each. Sorry. 3.0.8, 3.0.9, 3.0.10

I'm back to 3.0.10 again and everything 'seems' normal.

No, I have not uninstalled/installed. And I'm not particularly keen to
do so, but I think if it happens again I may do it.

This has got to be up there with the weirdest things I have ever seen.

0
Keith
--------------enigEA9896F085404FDD9F54A316

Keith Latham wrote:
> g wrote:
>> Man-wai Chang ToDie (+MS=3DV32B) wrote:
>>> Should be 3.010, not 3.10. :)
>> or should it be 3.0.10?
>>
> Yes. I left the minor version out of each. Sorry. 3.0.8, 3.0.9, 3.0.10

looks like a lazy little finger not zero dotting.

> I'm back to 3.0.10 again and everything 'seems' normal.

looks can be deceiving. :)

> No, I have not uninstalled/installed. And I'm not particularly keen to =

> do so, but I think if it happens again I may do it.
>=20
> This has got to be up there with the weirdest things I have ever seen.

i do not see where you would need to u/i, as it does seem like you
may be having some issues with registry knowing what is what.

i would guess that that is one of reasons ms has worked at getting
'roll back' working. 'roll back' is a nice concept, but backups are
much better and take up less disk space.

--=20

peace out.

tc,hago.

=2E

****
**
help microsoft stamp out piracy - give linux to a friend today
**
to mess up a linux box, you need to work at it;
**
learn linux:
'HowtoForge' http://howtoforge.com/
****

--------------enigEA9896F085404FDD9F54A316

--------------enigEA9896F085404FDD9F54A316--

10.3.0a top 10.3.3 help>>about satys 10.3.2
Greetings, I have just upgraded to 10.3.3 from 10.3.0a When i open nalwin and go to about >> help it says 10.3.2 The file versions all say 10.3.3 Is this merely cosmetic? -- Don ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Donasutton, > I have just upgraded to 10.3.3 from 10.3.0a > > When i open nalwin and go to about >> help it says 10.3.2 > > The file versions all say 10.3.3 > > Is this merely cosmetic? You are correct. Never noticed it when I upgraded. NALWIN is merely a "wra...

Fox 3 Beta 5 >>>>>>>
Name: Hank Hill Product: Firefox Summary: Fox 3 Beta 5 >>>>>>> Comments: Wooosh! Love what it does. Faster than anything. I look forward to more. Thank you. From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ ...

I am using Mac OS X Version 10.4.11 (Tiger), Firefox Version 3.0.3; Firefox crashes half the time: File > Print > Save as PDF
Name: mike Email: m_salantatyahoodotcom Product: Firefox Summary: I am using Mac OS X Version 10.4.11 (Tiger), Firefox Version 3.0.3; Firefox crashes half the time: File > Print > Save as PDF Comments: And the resulting PDF is a mess, it cannot be opened, and it gives no indication of damage until you try to open it. In other words, after crashing and restarting firefox several times, one can be left with a number of PDFs that are absolutely CRAP (one for each crash). There is a crash reporter which analyses this, but I am not a techie; parsing complaints seem to be ...

Implementing custom paging with gridview like 1.2.3.>>>>>>>>>Next with stored proc output
ALTER PROCEDURE [dbo].[sp_GetGriddata] @MeetingID INT , @Orderby VARCHAR(50) = 'FileName ASC',   -- Parmeters for Paging [Start] @TotalPages INT OUT, @CurrentPageNumber INT OUT, @NumberOfRecords INT = 5 , /*PageSize*/ @CurrentPage INT = NULL /*PageNumber*/ -- Parmeters for Paging [End] AS My stored proc as above parameters it returns the output as specied in above out parameters Pls explain how i can apply paging  1.2.3>>>>>>>>>Next  like in gridview with above output Hi Swati Jain:       &nbs...

COMN-3.3.592 [nmID=F000A] and <<< BAD MESSAGE >>>
I upgraded my NW6 to sp3e and now I get this message on my console. I wrote "Set client File Caching Enabled = off" but it's still there with "COMN-3.3-0 [nmID=F000A]" any ideas??? Server and NDS was perfectly healty before, I have 5 servers Master replica is on an IBM 323 with Rate controller. I recently added another volume (3x145Gb RATE 5 = 272Gb) Please Help Regards Erlingur Hardarson Hi, Erlingur Hardarson wrote: > > I upgraded my NW6 to sp3e and now I get this message on my console. > I wrote "Set client File Cac...

Request Suggestion: ASP=>ASP.NET 3.5 or ASP=>ASP.NET 2.0 ->ASP.NET 3.5 (in 5 years)
Hi there, I have a few questions:My company has about 40 mid-sized application written in class asp. We plan to upgrade to ASP.NET since Microsoft will no longer support ASPin three years. As of today, most of our servers are running ASP.NET 2.0. Here are a few of the questions:1.) Is ASP.NET 3.5 or ASP.NET 3.0 stable enough to be put to production?  2.) Can IIS run different versions of ASP.NET? 3.) For new applications, would you guys develop it in ASP.NET 2.0 or the latest version?4.) Any known problems?  I love the the MVC and ORM/LINQ about ASP.NET 3.5; however, I...

3.2.3->3.4 error
Hello, Have followed upgrade instructions and check_setup reporting no problems, nor sanity check. Bugzilla sort of works until you try to do a query when you get: undef error - The 'name' parameter (undef) to DateTime::TimeZone::new was an 'undef', which is not one of the allowed types: scalar at /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.8/DateTime/TimeZone.pm line 32 DateTime::TimeZone::new('undef', 'name', 'undef') called at Bugzilla/User.pm line 369 Bugzilla::User::timezone('Bugzilla::User=HASH(0x940b728)') called at Bugzilla/Util.pm line ...

ERROR >>>>>>>>>>>master page
can any budy give me an answer of given question this question is ask in interview we have an usercontrol in .net 1.0,1.1 why microsoft implimented the masterpage concept in 2.0 as work done by master page is same as usercontrol do   can any budy gives mw an ans -----------why we use master pages........???????? Friend, this article explains you why do we use the master pages http://dotnetperls.com/Content/Master-Page-Code-Behind.aspx and this one http://www.careerride.com/ASP.NET-Master-Pages-Questions.aspx Good luck!Please Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer&quo...

Fotovision error after upgrade from 3.1.1 >> 3.2.0
I have the following errormessege after upgrade:Method not found: Void DotNetNuke.UI.WebControls.TreeNode.set_NavigateUrl(System.String).Any suggestionBuitel no one use fotovision? " src="/emoticons/emotion-9.gif"> Havent put the module on 3.2 yet but might have some info after the weekend on that if its an issueDylan Barberread my stupid blog http://codemypantsoff.com ...

Another 3.2.3->3.4 error
Hello, I am running multiple bugzilla databases from a single installation. My first database upgraded ok but has some errors (see earlier post). However my second database is not working at all. check_setup ran fine but when you hit the web page you get: URL: https://someurl/index.cgi Template->process() failed twice. First error: file error - recursion into 'global/header.html.tmpl' Second error: file error - recursion into 'global/header.html.tmpl' Any ideas what could be going wrong here? Thanks, Will Will Wagner wrote: > First error: file e...

Firefox 3.0.10 RSS feeds displayed with >> overlap Firefox window at screen bottom
Name: Tom Email: auenratioatverizondotnet Product: Other (please state) Summary: Firefox 3.0.10 RSS feeds displayed with >> overlap Firefox window at screen bottom Comments: RSS feeds displayed with >> overlap the size of the Firefox browser and coverup the Kubuntu menu at the bottom of the screen. The extent of the expansion of the RSS feed display should not use the screensize for how much it displays, but rather should strive to display within the size of the Firefox browser window and thus not overlap and coverup the items of the OS menu at the bottom of the ...

<asp:panel> renders as <table> in Firefox 3 and <DIV> in IE7
 Hi alldoes anyone know why the ASP:PANEL control renders to a different HTML control across the two browsers (IE7 and FF3)?Is this a browser issue, or is this something I can set in my code?Thanks in advance. I don't get that behaviour. There must be something else going on. A very simple test case produces a div in both. Hi, Its rendering as div control in both the browsers as. <div id="Panel1" style="height:50px;width:125px;">Regards,Manishwww.ComponentOne.com Manish Singhalwww.ComponentOne.com Perhaps you have specified <browserCaps>...

ASE12.0.0.3 -> RS11.5 -> ASE12.0.0.3 on NT
hello, I would like to know if anyone successfully using this config or had any problem. thanks for any infor. Some time we using that config without any problem ...

upgrade from 10.3 -> 11.3
hi, i am upgrading 10.3->11.0 (upgrade is recommended only stepwise). now the question is whether i still do 11.0->11.1->11.2->11.3, which is some (maybe not necessary) work. for that i'd like to know how the convention of minor upgrades looks like (11.x)? i guess the online update + fixes is always available for all major versions? i guess when 12.0 is coming out i will anyway have to take the full update path (11.1->11.2->11.3->12.0)? after finishing 10.3->11.0 do i have to reboot before doing 11.0->11.1? if going the full upgrade path i wou...

Web resources about - 3.08->3.09->3.08 >> 3.10 - mozilla.support.firefox