Lightning/Sunbird and MS-Exchange?

Hi all,

Has anybody successfully connected (or tried to) Lightning and/or Sunbird to an MS-Exchange server?

If anybody succeeded, would it be possible to share the settings?

Thanks!

Regards,
Patrick.
0
Patrick
11/3/2006 3:21:40 PM
mozilla.support.calendar 2589 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Patrick Houbaux wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Has anybody successfully connected (or tried to) Lightning and/or
> Sunbird to an MS-Exchange server?
>
> If anybody succeeded, would it be possible to share the settings?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Regards,
> Patrick.

Neither Lightning nor Sunbird talk to Exchange yet.

Having said that, I do have a workaround.  Our Exchange server is set up
to do IMAP for email as well as MAPI.  It turns out that all of the
meeting invites show up via email too.  With Lightning 0.3, the invites
can be added to the local calendar -- the code is there and 'mostly'
works.  Some of the meetings change time after TB/Lightning is shut down
  and restarted -- something to do with timezones.

0
Sean
11/6/2006 9:26:45 PM
On 11/3/2006 9:21 AM, Patrick Houbaux wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Has anybody successfully connected (or tried to) Lightning and/or
> Sunbird to an MS-Exchange server?

Not exchange, but yesterday I started playing with interoperability with
Outlook clients.

Outlook (starting in 2002) offers what's called "Internet Free/Busy"
where information can be posted and searched on a DAV server.

Outlook publishes free/busy data in "*.vcf" files.
Lightning publishes calendars in ical format.

I've written a simple perl script to generate *.vcf files from ical
files.  It's actually pretty exciting... I even have free/busy files
generated from our Meeting Room Booking System (through ical).

I just started using it today, so it's not ready for prime time, but if
you're interested, I can send it to you.

Robert
0
Robert

Web resources about - Lightning/Sunbird and MS-Exchange? - mozilla.support.calendar

Apple: Fix for iOS 6.1 issues with MS Exchange coming soon
A bug in iOS 6.1 that played havoc with battery life and resources on the iOS device and caused excess logging and usage on Microsoft Exchange-based ...

MS Exchange 2010 beta arrives and it's not all about the cloud
The beta of Exchange 14, now known as Exchange 2010, hit the streets on Wednesday and Network World has a full review of it . According to Microsoft ...

Vaultive Launches Encryption Solution for Hosted MS Exchange
Vaultive , a provider of cloud data encryption solutions, today launched Vaultive for Hosted Exchange , an enterprise-class cloud data encryption ...

MS Exchange updates delayed until December
The two missing updates from this week's Patch Tuesday were for Exchange Server. They're not quite baked.