Lightning stopped syncing with my Google calendar and it stays disabled.

Yesterday out of nowhere my calendar went blank, and i look at it and the c=
alendar name is grayed out and unchecked. So i click on it and turn it ON a=
nd it just turns off again. I checked the calendar link https://www.google.=
com/calendar/dav/*******@gmail.com/events  and it downloads an ics file. I =
checked Thunderbird error logs and there nothing

 any ideas ?
0
Elvis
1/26/2013 8:35:19 PM
mozilla.support.calendar 2589 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

On 26.01.2013 21:35, Elvis Sakalauskas wrote:
> Yesterday out of nowhere my calendar went blank, and i look at it and
> the calendar name is grayed out and unchecked. So i click on it and
> turn it ON and it just turns off again. I checked the calendar link
> https://www.google.com/calendar/dav/*******@gmail.com/events  and it
> downloads an ics file. I checked Thunderbird error logs and there
> nothing
>
> any ideas ?

It looks like Google changed something about the authentication process.
Try to remove the saved calendar passwords in Thunderbird and enter them
the next time asked using your full email address as login. If using the
two step authentication you might have to create an application specific
password.
0
Stefan
1/27/2013 10:35:49 PM
Try to reset passwords, I had the same problem...

"The only way to change a password saved by the password manager is to dele=
te it, get prompted for the new password the next time it needs it, and the=
n tell it again to save that password. You can delete the password using To=
ols -> Options -> Privacy -> Passwords -> View Saved Passwords by selecting=
 the password and then pressing the Remove button."

Delete all Google related (Google Api, Google Calendar and so on)

Then restart Thunderbird, it will ask passwords again, use the same credent=
ials again (xxx@gmail.com and password), click the "remember" box and click=
 ok. It worked for me.
0
kastaldi
2/1/2013 12:39:27 PM
I had this exact problem, and clearing passwords didn't work for me.  What finally worked was something I found on another forum - go into the Config Editor and set:

calendar.network.multirealm to true

Not sure why this was needed - I only access my default calendar in this domain. But it worked anyway!
0
jaysonfire
2/13/2013 7:44:59 PM
On Wednesday, February 13, 2013 2:44:59 PM UTC-5, jaysonfire wrote:
> I had this exact problem, and clearing passwords didn't work for me.  Wha=
t finally worked was something I found on another forum - go into the Confi=
g Editor and set:
>=20
>=20
>=20
> calendar.network.multirealm to true
>=20
>=20
>=20
> Not sure why this was needed - I only access my default calendar in this =
domain. But it worked anyway!

This worked perfectly for me, thanks for sharing! Calendars stopped syncing=
 within the last week or so, and I've just now had time to look into it. Th=
is thread was the second I found. Just sharing so others that might come lo=
oking can possibly find it as well.
0
silvano
2/17/2013 6:27:01 AM
On Saturday, January 26, 2013 2:35:19 PM UTC-6, Elvis Sakalauskas wrote:
> Yesterday out of nowhere my calendar went blank, and i look at it and the=
 calendar name is grayed out and unchecked. So i click on it and turn it ON=
 and it just turns off again. I checked the calendar link https://www.googl=
e.com/calendar/dav/*******@gmail.com/events  and it downloads an ics file. =
I checked Thunderbird error logs and there nothing
>=20
>=20
>=20
>  any ideas ?

I had a similar issue.  There was a local calendar on Thunderbird (home), t=
he events I was adding on my desktop were inserting into that calendar.  On=
ce you remove home as a calendar everything syncs.  Remember to add the hom=
e calendar events to google cal before deleting.
0
ericbward
4/18/2013 3:36:29 PM
On Saturday, January 26, 2013 3:35:19 PM UTC-5, Elvis Sakalauskas wrote:
> Yesterday out of nowhere my calendar went blank, and i look at it and the=
 calendar name is grayed out and unchecked. So i click on it and turn it ON=
 and it just turns off again. I checked the calendar link https://www.googl=
e.com/calendar/dav/*******@gmail.com/events  and it downloads an ics file. =
I checked Thunderbird error logs and there nothing
>=20
>=20
>=20
>  any ideas ?

I have exactly the same problem -- I turn the calendar on, the check mark i=
n the calendar pane stays on for a second, then it just turns off again. No=
 clue why. I only have one calendar, my google one. This is a mac running O=
S x 10.8.4 My other computers, with the same thunderbird (17.0.8) and light=
ning (1.9.1), access it fine.
There are comments about passwords -- but I don't use password manager. How=
 would I fiddle with this?

0
spgoff
8/23/2013 2:37:46 AM
On Saturday, January 26, 2013 2:35:19 PM UTC-6, Elvis Sakalauskas wrote:
> Yesterday out of nowhere my calendar went blank, and i look at it and the=
 calendar name is grayed out and unchecked. So i click on it and turn it ON=
 and it just turns off again. I checked the calendar link https://www.googl=
e.com/calendar/dav/*******@gmail.com/events  and it downloads an ics file. =
I checked Thunderbird error logs and there nothing
>=20
>=20
>=20
>  any ideas ?

Also have the same problem.  Am using Thunderbird Lightning.  Have tried ne=
w Google Calendar links, and Provider, to no avail.
0
houstonwb
10/1/2013 9:24:52 PM
On 10/1/2013 5:24 PM, houstonwb@gmail.com wrote:
> On Saturday, January 26, 2013 2:35:19 PM UTC-6, Elvis Sakalauskas wrote:
>> Yesterday out of nowhere my calendar went blank, and i look at it and the calendar name is grayed out and unchecked. So i click on it and turn it ON and it just turns off again. I checked the calendar link https://www.google.com/calendar/dav/*******@gmail.com/events  and it downloads an ics file. I checked Thunderbird error logs and there nothing
>>

>>   any ideas ?
>
> Also have the same problem.  Am using Thunderbird Lightning.  Have tried new Google Calendar links, and Provider, to no avail.

As reported in another thread (and far better than I can explain it)
Google has changed how applications connect to Google Calendar. I have
installed the add-on Provider for Google. It works well so long as you
use the XML link for the Location field when setting up a new calendar
(be sure to select network > "Google Calendar" as the type).

As soon as I added the calendar in Lightning using Provider for Google
the events appeared. Only into my second day; so far so good.

Bill

0
Bill
10/1/2013 9:31:17 PM
On Tuesday, October 1, 2013 5:31:17 PM UTC-4, Bill Braun wrote:
> On 10/1/2013 5:24 PM, houstonwb@gmail.com wrote:
>=20
> > On Saturday, January 26, 2013 2:35:19 PM UTC-6, Elvis Sakalauskas wrote=
:
>=20
> >> Yesterday out of nowhere my calendar went blank, and i look at it and =
the calendar name is grayed out and unchecked. So i click on it and turn it=
 ON and it just turns off again. I checked the calendar link https://www.go=
ogle.com/calendar/dav/*******@gmail.com/events  and it downloads an ics fil=
e. I checked Thunderbird error logs and there nothing
>=20
> >>
>=20
> >>
>=20
> >>
>=20
> >>   any ideas ?
>=20
> >
>=20
> > Also have the same problem.  Am using Thunderbird Lightning.  Have trie=
d new Google Calendar links, and Provider, to no avail.
>=20
> >
>=20
>=20
>=20
> As reported in another thread (and far better than I can explain it)=20
>=20
> Google has changed how applications connect to Google Calendar. I have=20
>=20
> installed the add-on Provider for Google. It works well so long as you=20
>=20
> use the XML link for the Location field when setting up a new calendar=20
>=20
> (be sure to select network > "Google Calendar" as the type).
>=20
>=20
>=20
> As soon as I added the calendar in Lightning using Provider for Google=20
>=20
> the events appeared. Only into my second day; so far so good.
>=20
>=20
>=20
> Bill

THANK YOU :-))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
0
mattmiller747
10/4/2013 4:30:52 PM
On Tuesday, October 1, 2013 11:31:17 PM UTC+2, Bill Braun wrote:
>=20
> > On Saturday, January 26, 2013 2:35:19 PM UTC-6, Elvis Sakalauskas wrote=
:
>=20
> >> Yesterday out of nowhere my calendar went blank, and i look at it and =
the calendar name is grayed out and unchecked. So i click on it and turn it=
 ON and it just turns off again. I checked the calendar link https://www.go=
ogle.com/calendar/dav/*******@gmail.com/events  and it downloads an ics fil=
e. I checked Thunderbird error logs and there nothing
>=20
> >>
>=20
> >>
>=20
> >>
>=20
> >>   any ideas ?
>=20
> >
>=20
> > Also have the same problem.  Am using Thunderbird Lightning.  Have trie=
d new Google Calendar links, and Provider, to no avail.
>=20
> >
>=20
>=20
>=20
> As reported in another thread (and far better than I can explain it)=20
>=20
> Google has changed how applications connect to Google Calendar. I have=20
>=20
> installed the add-on Provider for Google. It works well so long as you=20
>=20
> use the XML link for the Location field when setting up a new calendar=20
>=20
> (be sure to select network > "Google Calendar" as the type).
>=20
>=20
>=20
> As soon as I added the calendar in Lightning using Provider for Google=20
>=20
> the events appeared. Only into my second day; so far so good.
>=20
>=20
>=20
> Bill

Thats only a semi fix! Provider is only readOnly while CalDAV would allow r=
eal sync (both directions)
0
vitoandre
10/15/2013 10:53:07 AM
FIX: Update Lightning to 2.6.1 (which is not yet approved by Mozilla)

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/addon/lightning/versions/

That way old CalDAV (https://www.google.com/calendar/dav/##id##/events) entries work again!

Note: You may have to delete any previous Google passwords stored inside the PW Manager of Thunderbird (Tools -> Config -> Security -> Stored PWs) and then restart Thunderbird ( and re-enter them if asked)
0
vitoandre
10/15/2013 2:15:19 PM
On Tuesday, October 15, 2013 7:15:19 AM UTC-7, vitoand...@gmail.com wrote:
> FIX: Update Lightning to 2.6.1 (which is not yet approved by Mozilla)
>

> https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/addon/lightning/versions/
>

> That way old CalDAV (https://www.google.com/calendar/dav/##id##/events) entries work again!
>

> Note: You may have to delete any previous Google passwords stored inside the PW Manager of Thunderbird (Tools -> Config -> Security -> Stored PWs) and then restart Thunderbird ( and re-enter them if asked)

Are you able to send an event FROM Thunderbird TO Google?  I want to be able to accept a meeting invitation within Thunderbird and have that meeting show up on my Google calendar.

I am using calDAV within Lightning 2.6.1 and have been able to view my Google calendar from within Lightning/Thunderbird, but I just can't seem to push a calendar event from the Thunderbird "Home" calendar out to my Google calendar.  Thx.  Gene
0
noahlillynathandad
10/19/2013 2:25:42 AM
On 10/19/2013 04:25 AM, noahlillynathandad@gmail.com wrote:
> On Tuesday, October 15, 2013 7:15:19 AM UTC-7, vitoand...@gmail.com wrote:
>> FIX: Update Lightning to 2.6.1 (which is not yet approved by Mozilla)
>>
>> https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/addon/lightning/versions/
>>
>> That way old CalDAV (https://www.google.com/calendar/dav/##id##/events) entries work again!
>>
>> Note: You may have to delete any previous Google passwords stored inside the PW Manager of Thunderbird (Tools -> Config -> Security -> Stored PWs) and then restart Thunderbird ( and re-enter them if asked)
>
> Are you able to send an event FROM Thunderbird TO Google?  I want to be able to accept a meeting invitation within Thunderbird and have that meeting show up on my Google calendar.
> I am using calDAV within Lightning 2.6.1 and have been able to view my Google calendar from within Lightning/Thunderbird, but I just can't seem to push a calendar event from the Thunderbird "Home" calendar out to my Google calendar.  Thx.  Gene

You need to set-up your Google Calendar as a network calendar in Lightning.

--
Christian

0
Christian
10/19/2013 5:16:09 AM
On Saturday, October 19, 2013 4:25:42 AM UTC+2, noahlilly...@gmail.com wrote:

> I am using calDAV within Lightning 2.6.1 and have been able to view my Google calendar from within Lightning/Thunderbird, but I just can't seem to push a calendar event from the Thunderbird "Home" calendar out to my Google calendar.  Thx.  Gene

Not sure if thats the fix ur asking for?

But i think you need to put the Google Cal at first pos (before the local one - drag n drop) That way it will work with invitations??

0
vitoandre
10/19/2013 9:03:07 PM
On Saturday, October 19, 2013 1:16:09 AM UTC-4, Christian Riechers wrote:
> On 10/19/2013 04:25 AM, noahlillynathandad@gmail.com wrote:
>
> > On Tuesday, October 15, 2013 7:15:19 AM UTC-7, vitoand...@gmail.com wrote:
>
> >> FIX: Update Lightning to 2.6.1 (which is not yet approved by Mozilla)
>

> >> https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/addon/lightning/versions/
>

> >> That way old CalDAV (https://www.google.com/calendar/dav/##id##/events) entries work again!
>

> >> Note: You may have to delete any previous Google passwords stored inside the PW Manager of Thunderbird (Tools -> Config -> Security -> Stored PWs) and then restart Thunderbird ( and re-enter them if asked)
>

> > Are you able to send an event FROM Thunderbird TO Google?  I want to be able to accept a meeting invitation within Thunderbird and have that meeting show up on my Google calendar.
>
> > I am using calDAV within Lightning 2.6.1 and have been able to view my Google calendar from within Lightning/Thunderbird, but I just can't seem to push a calendar event from the Thunderbird "Home" calendar out to my Google calendar.  Thx.  Gene
>

> You need to set-up your Google Calendar as a network calendar in Lightning.
>

> --
>
> Christ

Hi, After I set-up a new Calendar in Lightning as a network, I selected the calDAV but I don't know what to place on the "Location". I copy the web address of my Google calendar and didn't work. Can you or someone help.

Bobby
0
bluedelray
12/1/2013 5:04:37 AM
On 12/01/2013 06:04 AM, bluedelray@gmail.com wrote:
> On Saturday, October 19, 2013 1:16:09 AM UTC-4, Christian Riechers wrote:
>> You need to set-up your Google Calendar as a network calendar in Lightning.
>
> Hi, After I set-up a new Calendar in Lightning as a network, I selected the calDAV but I don't know what to place on the "Location". I copy the web address of my Google calendar and didn't work. Can you or someone help.

Check this article.
http://blog.mozilla.org/calendar/2013/09/google-is-changing-the-location-url-of-their-caldav-calendars/

There are still a few issues with CalDAV and Google Calendar in the
current Lightning release, so you may be better off using the Provider
for Google calendar extension for the time being.
https://support.mozillamessaging.com/en-US/kb/using-lightning-google-calendar

--
Christian

0
Christian
12/1/2013 8:48:50 AM
I see this as an old thread but as of 10/7/14 my calendar has stopped allow=
ing read/write access. I've tried every way I can think of to re-establish =
but I either get a read-only version in Thunderbird or nothing. Is there an=
 API issue? I've already tried every method above; no success.
0
jongrimson
10/8/2014 3:19:05 PM
On 10/8/14 5:19 PM, jongrimson@gmail.com wrote:
> I see this as an old thread but as of 10/7/14 my calendar has stopped allowing read/write access. I've tried every way I can think of to re-establish but I either get a read-only version in Thunderbird or nothing. Is there an API issue? I've already tried every method above; no success.

Are you using the Provider for Google Calendar? If it auto-udpated to
1.0 I'd suggest downgrading to 0.32 and re-subscribing to your calendars
again.

Philipp
0
Philipp
10/8/2014 10:51:48 PM
jongrimson@gmail.com wrote on 10/8/2014 11:19 AM:
> I see this as an old thread but as of 10/7/14 my calendar has stopped allowing read/write access. I've tried every way I can think of to re-establish but I either get a read-only version in Thunderbird or nothing. Is there an API issue? I've already tried every method above; no success.

I got an update to TB today and had to log in 5 times.   It took me a
while before I realized who was asking me to log in.   But it seems to
work now, but now that you ask, I looked and there is no data.  It won't
log in.  I'm getting an error.   Something about can't read quota!

0
Big_Al
10/9/2014 2:44:15 AM
Philipp Kewisch wrote on 10/8/2014 6:51 PM:
> On 10/8/14 5:19 PM, jongrimson@gmail.com wrote:
>> I see this as an old thread but as of 10/7/14 my calendar has stopped allowing read/write access. I've tried every way I can think of to re-establish but I either get a read-only version in Thunderbird or nothing. Is there an API issue? I've already tried every method above; no success.
>>

> Are you using the Provider for Google Calendar? If it auto-udpated to
> 1.0 I'd suggest downgrading to 0.32 and re-subscribing to your calendars
> again.
>
> Philipp

Yep, that fixed it for me.  Luckily I had very good docs on how to redo
those links and only had 4.   Whew.

PS.  In the add-ons you can pick that Provider for Google Calendar
add-on and turn off updates.   At least till this is fixed.

0
Big_Al
10/9/2014 3:06:08 AM
On 10/9/14 5:06 AM, Big_Al wrote:
> Philipp Kewisch wrote on 10/8/2014 6:51 PM:
>> On 10/8/14 5:19 PM, jongrimson@gmail.com wrote:
>>> I see this as an old thread but as of 10/7/14 my calendar has stopped
>>> allowing read/write access. I've tried every way I can think of to
>>> re-establish but I either get a read-only version in Thunderbird or
>>> nothing. Is there an API issue? I've already tried every method
>>> above; no success.
>>>

>> Are you using the Provider for Google Calendar? If it auto-udpated to
>> 1.0 I'd suggest downgrading to 0.32 and re-subscribing to your calendars
>> again.
>>
>> Philipp
>>
> Yep, that fixed it for me.  Luckily I had very good docs on how to redo
> those links and only had 4.   Whew.
>
> PS.  In the add-ons you can pick that Provider for Google Calendar
> add-on and turn off updates.   At least till this is fixed.

Note I took down version 1.0, so even with auto-updates enabled you
won't get an upgrade to 1.0 again. I'm confident that all technical
issues will be out of the way for 1.0.1.

The quota for 1.0 is indeed exceeeded, I hope to have that resolved
within the day.

Philipp
0
Philipp
10/9/2014 8:24:17 AM
Philipp Kewisch wrote on 10/9/2014 4:24 AM:
> On 10/9/14 5:06 AM, Big_Al wrote:
>> Philipp Kewisch wrote on 10/8/2014 6:51 PM:
>>>>

>>> Are you using the Provider for Google Calendar? If it auto-udpated to
>>> 1.0 I'd suggest downgrading to 0.32 and re-subscribing to your calendars
>>> again.
>>>
>>> Philipp
>>>
>> Yep, that fixed it for me.  Luckily I had very good docs on how to redo
>> those links and only had 4.   Whew.
>>
>> PS.  In the add-ons you can pick that Provider for Google Calendar
>> add-on and turn off updates.   At least till this is fixed.
>>
> Note I took down version 1.0, so even with auto-updates enabled you
> won't get an upgrade to 1.0 again. I'm confident that all technical
> issues will be out of the way for 1.0.1.
>
> The quota for 1.0 is indeed exceeeded, I hope to have that resolved
> within the day.
>
> Philipp

Thanks.  Much!

0
Big_Al
10/9/2014 10:16:26 AM
On Saturday, January 26, 2013 3:35:19 PM UTC-5, Elvis Sakalauskas wrote:
> Yesterday out of nowhere my calendar went blank, and i look at it and the=
 calendar name is grayed out and unchecked. So i click on it and turn it ON=
 and it just turns off again. I checked the calendar link https://www.googl=
e.com/calendar/dav/*******@gmail.com/events  and it downloads an ics file. =
I checked Thunderbird error logs and there nothing
>=20
>=20
>=20
>  any ideas ?

I had the same problem.  I tried everything I could think of to fix it.   W=
hen I tried to set up a new link to a google calendar (I have several) afte=
r checking the Internet button, there is a choice of calendar types, with a=
 location box underneath the list.  If I selected Google Calendar, the loca=
tion box disappeared, and next I got wierd stuff.  Philipp Kewisch in a pos=
t above suggested downgrading from Provider 1.0 to .32. So, I uninstalled P=
rovider 1.0 and then I looked up provider in the get add ons directory(tool=
s>add ons>get add ons) and Provider  .32 came up, so I installed it and res=
tarted Thunderbird.  I then deleted all the calendars from Lightning and re=
set the links.  Now when I selected google calendar, the location box did n=
ot disappear and I pasted the xml location in the box and viola. the calend=
ars were recreated and immediately popped up in Lightning.

I looked up the version history for Provider and .32 is the latest version =
listed.  I think v1.0 was buggy.

Hope this helps.
0
mpshaberman
10/9/2014 6:37:01 PM
mpshaberman@gmail.com wrote on 10/9/2014 2:37 PM:
> On Saturday, January 26, 2013 3:35:19 PM UTC-5, Elvis Sakalauskas wrote:
>> Yesterday out of nowhere my calendar went blank, and i look at it and the calendar name is grayed out and unchecked. So i click on it and turn it ON and it just turns off again. I checked the calendar link https://www.google.com/calendar/dav/*******@gmail.com/events  and it downloads an ics file. I checked Thunderbird error logs and there nothing
>>

>>   any ideas ?
>
> I had the same problem.  I tried everything I could think of to fix it.   When I tried to set up a new link to a google calendar (I have several) after checking the Internet button, there is a choice of calendar types, with a location box underneath the list.  If I selected Google Calendar, the location box disappeared, and next I got wierd stuff.  Philipp Kewisch in a post above suggested downgrading from Provider 1.0 to .32. So, I uninstalled Provider 1.0 and then I looked up provider in the get add ons directory(tools>add ons>get add ons) and Provider  .32 came up, so I installed it and restarted Thunderbird.  I then deleted all the calendars from Lightning and reset the links.  Now when I selected google calendar, the location box did not disappear and I pasted the xml location in the box and viola. the calendars were recreated and immediately popped up in Lightning.
>
> I looked up the version history for Provider and .32 is the latest version listed.  I think v1.0 was buggy.
>
> Hope this helps.

You may have missed it, but Philipp Kewisch posted a message later that
he was taking down version 1.0 and would post 1.01 or 1.1 (forgot now)
and that should fix the issue.
Keep any eye on that add-ons page and the new one will pop up one day.
0
Big_Al
10/9/2014 7:07:46 PM
Great add-on, but I still can't get calendars to work.

I've been using this happily for over a year when all of a sudden everythin=
g stopped working a couple of days ago & I was forced to rearrange my prior=
ities while I investigated a solution.  I'm sure I'm not the only one who d=
idn't know where to start, but now after 2 days of digging, reading & fiddl=
ing at least now I think I know what the culprit is.

But I still can't see any of my calendars in Lightning.  I've turned on Goo=
gle cookies, installed versions 0.32, 1.01 (v2, 3 & 4 from here: https://bu=
gzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=3D1079659#c33) and still nothing.

I do like the way that it now asks me for my email address & then shows me =
all of the calendars in that account, but no matter what I do at that point=
 (check mark beside the calendars & press the 'Next' button) it won't go to=
 the next step.  Any ideas?

Win7pro
Thunderbird 31.1.2
Lightning 3.3.1
0
dmotorider
10/9/2014 10:12:19 PM
On 10.10.2014 00:12, dmotorider@gmail.com wrote:
> I do like the way that it now asks me for my email address & then
> shows me all of the calendars in that account, but no matter what I
> do at that point (check mark beside the calendars & press the 'Next'
> button) it won't go to the next step.  Any ideas?

Hi, do you see any error messages in Tools > Error Console during this
steps? Are you using other extension that interact with Lightning? Could
you try to disable them?
0
Stefan
10/10/2014 4:45:45 AM
On 10/10/14 12:12 AM, dmotorider@gmail.com wrote:
> Great add-on, but I still can't get calendars to work.
>
> I've been using this happily for over a year when all of a sudden everything stopped working a couple of days ago & I was forced to rearrange my priorities while I investigated a solution.  I'm sure I'm not the only one who didn't know where to start, but now after 2 days of digging, reading & fiddling at least now I think I know what the culprit is.
>
> But I still can't see any of my calendars in Lightning.  I've turned on Google cookies, installed versions 0.32, 1.01 (v2, 3 & 4 from here: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1079659#c33) and still nothing.
>
> I do like the way that it now asks me for my email address & then shows me all of the calendars in that account, but no matter what I do at that point (check mark beside the calendars & press the 'Next' button) it won't go to the next step.  Any ideas?
>
> Win7pro
> Thunderbird 31.1.2
> Lightning 3.3.1

Heya. Thanks for the report. Are you using any other provider extensions
like the provider for MS Exchange or Thunderbirthday?

Do you get any error console messages after clicking the next button
without success and then closing the dialog?

You might have to turn on javascript.options.showInConsole in the
advanced config editor.

Philipp
0
Philipp
10/10/2014 11:38:38 AM
dmotorider@gmail.com wrote on 10/9/2014 6:12 PM:
> Great add-on, but I still can't get calendars to work.
>
> I've been using this happily for over a year when all of a sudden everything stopped working a couple of days ago & I was forced to rearrange my priorities while I investigated a solution.  I'm sure I'm not the only one who didn't know where to start, but now after 2 days of digging, reading & fiddling at least now I think I know what the culprit is.
>
> But I still can't see any of my calendars in Lightning.  I've turned on Google cookies, installed versions 0.32, 1.01 (v2, 3 & 4 from here: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1079659#c33) and still nothing.
>
> I do like the way that it now asks me for my email address & then shows me all of the calendars in that account, but no matter what I do at that point (check mark beside the calendars & press the 'Next' button) it won't go to the next step.  Any ideas?
>
> Win7pro
> Thunderbird 31.1.2
> Lightning 3.3.1

If you installed the buggy Google Provider add-on v1.0 then reloaded the
earlier version, I found I had to delete all the calendars and relink
them to google.   Then everything worked fine.   And has for days now.

0
Big_Al
10/10/2014 6:26:12 PM
On 10/10/14 8:26 PM, Big_Al wrote:
> If you installed the buggy Google Provider add-on v1.0 then reloaded the
> earlier version, I found I had to delete all the calendars and relink
> them to google.   Then everything worked fine.   And has for days now.

Note I was able to migrate everything correctly when you upgrade to
1.0.1. You shouldn't need to re-subscribe the calendars with that.

Philipp
0
Philipp
10/11/2014 4:43:45 AM
Philipp Kewisch wrote on 10/11/2014 12:43 AM:
> On 10/10/14 8:26 PM, Big_Al wrote:
>> If you installed the buggy Google Provider add-on v1.0 then reloaded the
>> earlier version, I found I had to delete all the calendars and relink
>> them to google.   Then everything worked fine.   And has for days now.
>>

> Note I was able to migrate everything correctly when you upgrade to
> 1.0.1. You shouldn't need to re-subscribe the calendars with that.
>
> Philipp

Cool!

0
Big_Al
10/11/2014 2:48:52 PM
On 11/10/2014 5:43 AM, Philipp Kewisch wrote:
> On 10/10/14 8:26 PM, Big_Al wrote:
>> If you installed the buggy Google Provider add-on v1.0 then reloaded the
>> earlier version, I found I had to delete all the calendars and relink
>> them to google.   Then everything worked fine.   And has for days now.
>>

> Note I was able to migrate everything correctly when you upgrade to
> 1.0.1. You shouldn't need to re-subscribe the calendars with that.

I've just developed the same problem here. I'm not sure which automatic
updates were added in what order, but the problem began here with your
new Provider version 1.0.1 and with Lightning 3.3.1. I hadn't read this
thread then, so I suspected a problem with Lightning and reverted
Lightning from 3.3.1 to 3.3, at which point everything worked fine
again. So your new Provider, works OK with the older Lightning, but not
with the current one. As everything works now, I've stopped Lightning
from updating and will await developments. I assume the problem still
lies with your extension and isn't a problem in the latest Lightning? If
it is a factor, I also use two calendar related add-ons - Lightning
Calendar Tabs 1.3 and Google Tasks Sync 0.5.1.

--
Bob    Tetbury, Gloucestershire, UK

No, I haven't got a personality disorder - all three of us are just fine!
0
Bob
10/11/2014 3:22:48 PM
On 11/10/2014 4:22 PM, Bob Henson wrote:
> On 11/10/2014 5:43 AM, Philipp Kewisch wrote:
>> On 10/10/14 8:26 PM, Big_Al wrote:
>>> If you installed the buggy Google Provider add-on v1.0 then reloaded the
>>> earlier version, I found I had to delete all the calendars and relink
>>> them to google.   Then everything worked fine.   And has for days now.
>>>

>> Note I was able to migrate everything correctly when you upgrade to
>> 1.0.1. You shouldn't need to re-subscribe the calendars with that.
>>

> I've just developed the same problem here. I'm not sure which automatic
> updates were added in what order, but the problem began here with your
> new Provider version 1.0.1 and with Lightning 3.3.1. I hadn't read this
> thread then, so I suspected a problem with Lightning and reverted
> Lightning from 3.3.1 to 3.3, at which point everything worked fine
> again. So your new Provider, works OK with the older Lightning, but not
> with the current one. As everything works now, I've stopped Lightning
> from updating and will await developments. I assume the problem still
> lies with your extension and isn't a problem in the latest Lightning? If
> it is a factor, I also use two calendar related add-ons - Lightning
> Calendar Tabs 1.3 and Google Tasks Sync 0.5.1.

P.S. to the last message. I may have answered my own question here. I
didn't realise (the penalty of automatic updates - no notification of
changes to extensions) that Task sync was added to versions 1.0.1. As I
was  running a Google Tasks Sync extension this may have been causing
part or all of the problem? Anyway, I removed it, then removed and
reinstalled both Lightning 3.3.1. and your versions 1.0.1, and all seems
OK now.

--
Bob    Tetbury, Gloucestershire, UK

Bob
10/11/2014 6:13:40 PM
On 10/11/2014 12:43 AM, Philipp Kewisch wrote:
> On 10/10/14 8:26 PM, Big_Al wrote:
>> If you installed the buggy Google Provider add-on v1.0 then reloaded the
>> earlier version, I found I had to delete all the calendars and relink
>> them to google.   Then everything worked fine.   And has for days now.
>>

> Note I was able to migrate everything correctly when you upgrade to
> 1.0.1. You shouldn't need to re-subscribe the calendars with that.
>
> Philipp

I just went back to .32 then Updated to 1.01 and it asks for a user
name/password but all the popup window does is come up as BLANK.. no
place to put them or enter them
0
Ray
10/12/2014 7:13:56 PM
On 10/12/14 3:13 PM, Ray wrote:
> On 10/11/2014 12:43 AM, Philipp Kewisch wrote:
>> On 10/10/14 8:26 PM, Big_Al wrote:
>>> If you installed the buggy Google Provider add-on v1.0 then reloaded the
>>> earlier version, I found I had to delete all the calendars and relink
>>> them to google.   Then everything worked fine.   And has for days now.
>>>

>> Note I was able to migrate everything correctly when you upgrade to
>> 1.0.1. You shouldn't need to re-subscribe the calendars with that.
>>
>> Philipp
>>

> I just went back to .32 then Updated to 1.01 and it asks for a user
> name/password but all the popup window does is come up as BLANK.. no
> place to put them or enter them

I've had a few reports about this but I haven't been able to reproduce
it. Do you have any messages in the error console (Tools menu) ?

Philipp
0
Philipp
10/12/2014 11:31:51 PM
On 10/12/2014 7:31 PM, Philipp Kewisch wrote:
> On 10/12/14 3:13 PM, Ray wrote:
>>>>

>>> Note I was able to migrate everything correctly when you upgrade to
>>> 1.0.1. You shouldn't need to re-subscribe the calendars with that.
>>>
>>> Philipp
>>>

>> I just went back to .32 then Updated to 1.01 and it asks for a user
>> name/password but all the popup window does is come up as BLANK.. no
>> place to put them or enter them
>
> I've had a few reports about this but I haven't been able to reproduce
> it. Do you have any messages in the error console (Tools menu) ?
>
> Philipp

tried to post a couple of screen captures.. wouldn't post..  keep on
getting the blank 'enter email and password' window opening..as for the
error console.. had a few about the calendar but they are gone now..
something to do with mozilla and border rendering--upper right and upper
left
0
Ray
10/13/2014 8:49:16 AM
On 11/10/2014 05:43, Philipp Kewisch wrote:
> On 10/10/14 8:26 PM, Big_Al wrote:
>> If you installed the buggy Google Provider add-on v1.0 then reloaded the
>> earlier version, I found I had to delete all the calendars and relink
>> them to google.   Then everything worked fine.   And has for days now.
>>

> Note I was able to migrate everything correctly when you upgrade to
> 1.0.1. You shouldn't need to re-subscribe the calendars with that.
>
> Philipp

It's working for me correctly with 1.0.1, but only after I deleted the
original calendar and re-subscribed.

Roy
0
Roy
10/13/2014 2:37:54 PM
On 13/10/2014 15:37, Roy Reed wrote:
> On 11/10/2014 05:43, Philipp Kewisch wrote:
>> On 10/10/14 8:26 PM, Big_Al wrote:
>>> If you installed the buggy Google Provider add-on v1.0 then reloaded the
>>> earlier version, I found I had to delete all the calendars and relink
>>> them to google.   Then everything worked fine.   And has for days now.
>>>

>> Note I was able to migrate everything correctly when you upgrade to
>> 1.0.1. You shouldn't need to re-subscribe the calendars with that.
>>
>> Philipp
>>

> It's working for me correctly with 1.0.1, but only after I deleted the
> original calendar and re-subscribed.
>
> Roy

PS - It installed correctly on my laptop. No need to delete the original
calendar. Strange as the setup was identical on both.

Roy
0
Roy
10/13/2014 5:08:24 PM
On 13.10.2014 10:49, Ray wrote:
> On 10/12/2014 7:31 PM, Philipp Kewisch wrote:
>> I've had a few reports about this but I haven't been able to reproduce
>> it. Do you have any messages in the error console (Tools menu) ?
>>
> tried to post a couple of screen captures.. wouldn't post..  keep on
> getting the blank 'enter email and password' window opening..as for the
> error console.. had a few about the calendar but they are gone now..
> something to do with mozilla and border rendering--upper right and upper
> left

In the Error Console just right click on a message, select Copy from
context menu and than paste it e.g. into an email message.
0
Stefan
10/13/2014 5:48:47 PM
On 10/13/2014 1:08 PM, Roy Reed wrote:
> On 13/10/2014 15:37, Roy Reed wrote:
>>>>

>>> Note I was able to migrate everything correctly when you upgrade to
>>> 1.0.1. You shouldn't need to re-subscribe the calendars with that.
>>>
>>> Philipp
>>>

>> It's working for me correctly with 1.0.1, but only after I deleted the
>> original calendar and re-subscribed.
>>
>> Roy
>
> PS - It installed correctly on my laptop. No need to delete the original
> calendar. Strange as the setup was identical on both.
>
> Roy

I'm running 1.01 now.. still the same.. everything is back to being updated

looks like that's the end of my using TBird and Lightning  for syncing
with the Google Calendars..  can't see the sense in deleting my Google
Calendars since they are all working correctly as 'Google Calendars' on
their own on my Desktop..Laptops..Tablets and Smartphones just for the
sake of syncing them in Tbird/Lightning.. not worth any more aggravation
with this.. something obviously got screwed up big time..

thanx everyone for all the info and help..  appreciate it  :)
0
Ray
10/13/2014 6:15:37 PM
On 10/13/14 2:15 PM, Ray wrote:
> On 10/13/2014 1:08 PM, Roy Reed wrote:

>>> It's working for me correctly with 1.0.1, but only after I deleted the
>>> original calendar and re-subscribed.
>>>
>>> Roy
>>
>> PS - It installed correctly on my laptop. No need to delete the original
>> calendar. Strange as the setup was identical on both.
>>
>> Roy
>
> I'm running 1.01 now.. still the same.. everything is back to being updated
>
> looks like that's the end of my using TBird and Lightning  for syncing
> with the Google Calendars..  can't see the sense in deleting my Google
> Calendars since they are all working correctly as 'Google Calendars' on
> their own on my Desktop..Laptops..Tablets and Smartphones just for the
> sake of syncing them in Tbird/Lightning.. not worth any more aggravation
> with this.. something obviously got screwed up big time..
>
> thanx everyone for all the info and help..  appreciate it  :)

I suspect with "delete" we actually mean re-subscribe. You don't have to
delete anything, just reset the calendar in Lightning by subscribing to
it again.

Philipp

0
Philipp
10/13/2014 6:38:26 PM
On 10/13/2014 2:38 PM, Philipp Kewisch wrote:
> On 10/13/14 2:15 PM, Ray wrote:

>>> PS - It installed correctly on my laptop. No need to delete the original
>>> calendar. Strange as the setup was identical on both.
>>>
>>> Roy
>>
>> I'm running 1.01 now.. still the same.. everything is back to being updated
>>
>> looks like that's the end of my using TBird and Lightning  for syncing
>> with the Google Calendars..  can't see the sense in deleting my Google
>> Calendars since they are all working correctly as 'Google Calendars' on
>> their own on my Desktop..Laptops..Tablets and Smartphones just for the
>> sake of syncing them in Tbird/Lightning.. not worth any more aggravation
>> with this.. something obviously got screwed up big time..
>>
>> thanx everyone for all the info and help..  appreciate it  :)
>

> I suspect with "delete" we actually mean re-subscribe. You don't have to
> delete anything, just reset the calendar in Lightning by subscribing to
> it again.
>
> Philipp

same thing happens when I try to re-subscribe in Lightning.. a BLANK
window shows up stating to ' enter User Name and Password'
0
Ray
10/13/2014 7:05:09 PM
Ray wrote on 10/13/2014 2:15 PM:
<snip>
> I'm running 1.01 now.. still the same.. everything is back to being updated

<snip>

So straighten me out,   "I'm running 1.01 now.... everything is back to
being updated" means you are working again???

0
Big_Al
10/13/2014 7:49:31 PM
On 10/13/2014 3:49 PM, Big_Al wrote:
> Ray wrote on 10/13/2014 2:15 PM:
> <snip>
>> I'm running 1.01 now.. still the same.. everything is back to being
>> updated
>>
> <snip>
>
> So straighten me out,   "I'm running 1.01 now.... everything is back to
> being updated" means you are working again???

sorry I wasn't more clear... after 'down-dating' to older versions to
see if they would work as suggested I now went back to the updated
ones.. Calendar NOT WORKING in TBird so it'll stay this way.. will just
use the real Google Calendar and be done with it and not Lightning.. if
nobody can straighten it out that's the only alternative I can see
0
Ray
10/14/2014 12:05:03 AM
On 11/10/2014 7:13 PM, Bob Henson wrote:
> On 11/10/2014 4:22 PM, Bob Henson wrote:
>>>>

>>> Note I was able to migrate everything correctly when you upgrade to
>>> 1.0.1. You shouldn't need to re-subscribe the calendars with that.
>>>

>> I've just developed the same problem here. I'm not sure which automatic
>> updates were added in what order, but the problem began here with your
>> new Provider version 1.0.1 and with Lightning 3.3.1. I hadn't read this
>> thread then, so I suspected a problem with Lightning and reverted
>> Lightning from 3.3.1 to 3.3, at which point everything worked fine
>> again. So your new Provider, works OK with the older Lightning, but not
>> with the current one. As everything works now, I've stopped Lightning
>> from updating and will await developments. I assume the problem still
>> lies with your extension and isn't a problem in the latest Lightning? If
>> it is a factor, I also use two calendar related add-ons - Lightning
>> Calendar Tabs 1.3 and Google Tasks Sync 0.5.1.
>>

> P.S. to the last message. I may have answered my own question here. I
> didn't realise (the penalty of automatic updates - no notification of
> changes to extensions) that Task sync was added to versions 1.0.1. As I
> was  running a Google Tasks Sync extension this may have been causing
> part or all of the problem? Anyway, I removed it, then removed and
> reinstalled both Lightning 3.3.1. and your versions 1.0.1, and all seems
> OK now.

I spoke too soon. The calendar is there, but only in read only mode, it
won't even let me dismiss the pop-up reminders. Any attempt to un-tick
the calendars and re-tick them fails - the boxes won't tick. I've tried
nearly all he combinations of provider and calendar, and I've gone back
to calendar 3.3 and provider 0.32 as the only combination that
consistently works, and blocked any further updates until something gets
fixed.

--
Bob    Tetbury, Gloucestershire, UK

Diplomacy - the art of letting someone else have your own way.
0
Bob
10/14/2014 10:19:19 AM
Everything updated to latest builds (Thunderbird, Lighting + Provider), but when I enter my Google account, it doesn't show any calendars.
So these add-ons don't seem to work properly.
0
Tim
10/14/2014 10:41:19 AM
I tried everything described above and only downgrading to 0.32 helped.
0
michael
10/14/2014 11:59:34 AM
On 10/13/2014 09:05 PM, Ray wrote:
> On 10/13/2014 2:38 PM, Philipp Kewisch wrote:
>> I suspect with "delete" we actually mean re-subscribe. You don't have to
>> delete anything, just reset the calendar in Lightning by subscribing to
>> it again.
>
> same thing happens when I try to re-subscribe in Lightning.. a BLANK
> window shows up stating to ' enter User Name and Password'

It isn't clear to me what you mean with
"a BLANK window shows up stating to 'enter User Name and Password'".

Perhaps you can post a screenshot somewhere.

0
Christian
10/14/2014 8:24:59 PM
Op dinsdag 14 oktober 2014 22:24:59 UTC+2 schreef Christian Riechers:
> On 10/13/2014 09:05 PM, Ray wrote:
>
> > On 10/13/2014 2:38 PM, Philipp Kewisch wrote:
>
> >> I suspect with "delete" we actually mean re-subscribe. You don't have to
>
> >> delete anything, just reset the calendar in Lightning by subscribing to
>
> >> it again.
>

> > same thing happens when I try to re-subscribe in Lightning.. a BLANK
>
> > window shows up stating to ' enter User Name and Password'
>

> It isn't clear to me what you mean with
>
> "a BLANK window shows up stating to 'enter User Name and Password'".
>

> Perhaps you can post a screenshot somewhere.

Philipp, calendars are not loading with latest add-ons. following log from the error console may be relevant:

1)

[JavaScript Error: "[calCachedCalendar] replay action failed: null, uri=googleapi://ec.trading.ltd@gmail.com/?calendar=ec.trading.ltd%40gmail.com&tasks=%40default, result={
 "error": {
  "errors": [
   {
    "domain": "usageLimits",
    "reason": "variableTermLimitExceeded",
    "message": "Variable Term Limit Exceeded"
   }
  ],
  "code": 403,
  "message": "Variable Term Limit Exceeded"
 }
}
, op=[xpconnect wrapped calIOperation]"]

2)

Could not read chrome manifest 'file:///usr/lib/thunderbird/extensions/%7B972ce4c6-7e08-4474-a285-3208198ce6fd%7D/chrome.manifest'.
0
ec
10/14/2014 9:14:51 PM
On 10/14/2014 4:24 PM, Christian Riechers wrote:
> On 10/13/2014 09:05 PM, Ray wrote:
>> On 10/13/2014 2:38 PM, Philipp Kewisch wrote:
>>> I suspect with "delete" we actually mean re-subscribe. You don't have to
>>> delete anything, just reset the calendar in Lightning by subscribing to
>>> it again.
>>
>> same thing happens when I try to re-subscribe in Lightning.. a BLANK
>> window shows up stating to ' enter User Name and Password'
>
> It isn't clear to me what you mean with
> "a BLANK window shows up stating to 'enter User Name and Password'".
>
> Perhaps you can post a screenshot somewhere.

I tried posting a screenshot .. the newsgroup would NOT accept it... as
for the Blank popup window.. at the very top in headings on the blue
band  it states ' enter user name and password.. then a large blank
window appears with NOTHING in it.. as in BLANK
0
Ray
10/14/2014 9:54:47 PM
On 10/14/2014 05:54 PM, Ray wrote:
> On 10/14/2014 4:24 PM, Christian Riechers wrote:
>>>
>>> same thing happens when I try to re-subscribe in Lightning.. a BLANK
>>> window shows up stating to ' enter User Name and Password'
>>
>> It isn't clear to me what you mean with
>> "a BLANK window shows up stating to 'enter User Name and Password'".
>>
>> Perhaps you can post a screenshot somewhere.
>>
> I tried posting a screenshot .. the newsgroup would NOT accept it... as
> for the Blank popup window.. at the very top in headings on the blue
> band  it states ' enter user name and password.. then a large blank
> window appears with NOTHING in it.. as in BLANK

Would not accept a link to your screen shot hosted at an image hosting
site? I'm shocked!

GO Steelers, Pitt, Pens, Bills and Sabres!
0
WaltS48
10/15/2014 3:00:48 AM
On 10/14/2014 11:00 PM, WaltS48 wrote:
> On 10/14/2014 05:54 PM, Ray wrote:

>>> It isn't clear to me what you mean with
>>> "a BLANK window shows up stating to 'enter User Name and Password'".
>>>
>>> Perhaps you can post a screenshot somewhere.
>>>
>> I tried posting a screenshot .. the newsgroup would NOT accept it... as
>> for the Blank popup window.. at the very top in headings on the blue
>> band  it states ' enter user name and password.. then a large blank
>> window appears with NOTHING in it.. as in BLANK
>

> Would not accept a link to your screen shot hosted at an image hosting
> site? I'm shocked!

you're missing the point..the problem is the Calendars are not working
in TB.. not that my screenshot won't post..
0
Ray
10/15/2014 10:01:31 AM

> >> I tried posting a screenshot .. the newsgroup would NOT accept it... as
> >> for the Blank popup window.. at the very top in headings on the blue
> >> band  it states ' enter user name and password.. then a large blank
> >> window appears with NOTHING in it.. as in BLANK

Hello,

the same problem here with TB31.2.0 / Lightning3.3.1 / Provider for Google Calendar1.0.1. The window for choosing the calender to be activated from the google account remains blank. Worked well for a long time.

Thanks for help and BG,
Didi

0
Didi
10/15/2014 1:00:24 PM
Thanks for the tip.  I did the same and everything is working again.

--Cparticle
On Tuesday, October 14, 2014 6:19:19 AM UTC-4, Bob Henson wrote:
> On 11/10/2014 7:13 PM, Bob Henson wrote:

> >> I've just developed the same problem here. I'm not sure which automatic
>
> >> updates were added in what order, but the problem began here with your
>
> >> new Provider version 1.0.1 and with Lightning 3.3.1. I hadn't read this
>
> >> thread then, so I suspected a problem with Lightning and reverted
>
> >> Lightning from 3.3.1 to 3.3, at which point everything worked fine
>
> >> again. So your new Provider, works OK with the older Lightning, but not
>
> >> with the current one. As everything works now, I've stopped Lightning
>
> >> from updating and will await developments. I assume the problem still
>
> >> lies with your extension and isn't a problem in the latest Lightning? If
>
> >> it is a factor, I also use two calendar related add-ons - Lightning
>
> >> Calendar Tabs 1.3 and Google Tasks Sync 0.5.1.
>

> > P.S. to the last message. I may have answered my own question here. I
>
> > didn't realise (the penalty of automatic updates - no notification of
>
> > changes to extensions) that Task sync was added to versions 1.0.1. As I
>
> > was  running a Google Tasks Sync extension this may have been causing
>
> > part or all of the problem? Anyway, I removed it, then removed and
>
> > reinstalled both Lightning 3.3.1. and your versions 1.0.1, and all seems
>
> > OK now.
>

> I spoke too soon. The calendar is there, but only in read only mode, it
>
> won't even let me dismiss the pop-up reminders. Any attempt to un-tick
>
> the calendars and re-tick them fails - the boxes won't tick. I've tried
>
> nearly all he combinations of provider and calendar, and I've gone back
>
> to calendar 3.3 and provider 0.32 as the only combination that
>
> consistently works, and blocked any further updates until something gets
>
> fixed.
>

> --
>
> Bob    Tetbury, Gloucestershire, UK
>

> Diplomacy - the art of letting someone else have your own way.

0
cparticle
10/15/2014 3:04:12 PM
I had the same problem. It had been working well till  a few days ago. The =
calendar is blank now. I have tried to install the older versions of Lightn=
ing and google provider and even thunderbird.=20
Didn't help!
Tried everithing else people suggest in this forum.
Didn't help!
I guess there is something wrong with googles servers or such.

2013. janu=C3=A1r 26., szombat 20:35:19 UTC id=C5=91pontban Elvis Sakalausk=
as a k=C3=B6vetkez=C5=91t =C3=ADrta:
> Yesterday out of nowhere my calendar went blank, and i look at it and the=
 calendar name is grayed out and unchecked. So i click on it and turn it ON=
 and it just turns off again. I checked the calendar link https://www.googl=
e.com/calendar/dav/*******@gmail.com/events  and it downloads an ics file. =
I checked Thunderbird error logs and there nothing
>=20
>=20
>=20
>  any ideas ?

0
logen
10/15/2014 3:29:20 PM
On Saturday, January 26, 2013 8:35:19 PM UTC, Elvis Sakalauskas wrote:
> Yesterday out of nowhere my calendar went blank, and i look at it and the=
 calendar name is grayed out and unchecked. So i click on it and turn it ON=
 and it just turns off again. I checked the calendar link https://www.googl=
e.com/calendar/dav/*******@gmail.com/events  and it downloads an ics file. =
I checked Thunderbird error logs and there nothing
>=20
>=20
>=20
>  any ideas ?

V1.01 Google provider not working on all platforms.
0
blackbox98
10/15/2014 4:46:54 PM
Elvis Sakalauskas=E6=96=BC 2013=E5=B9=B41=E6=9C=8827=E6=97=A5=E6=98=9F=E6=
=9C=9F=E6=97=A5UTC+8=E4=B8=8A=E5=8D=884=E6=99=8235=E5=88=8619=E7=A7=92=E5=
=AF=AB=E9=81=93=EF=BC=9A
> Yesterday out of nowhere my calendar went blank, and i look at it and the=
 calendar name is grayed out and unchecked. So i click on it and turn it ON=
 and it just turns off again. I checked the calendar link https://www.googl=
e.com/calendar/dav/*******@gmail.com/events  and it downloads an ics file. =
I checked Thunderbird error logs and there nothing
>=20
>=20
>=20
>  any ideas ?

I had the exact same problem.
VERSIONS: TB 31.2.0, Lightning 3.3.1, Provider 1.0.1

1. Remove the Provider Plug-in 1.0.1
2. Restart TB
3. Open a browser window, go to the Mozilla TB Plug-In site.
4. Manually download the Provider Plug-In version 0.32 (just select the "vi=
ew other verions" from the download page)
5. Install the Provider 0.32 plug-in manually from TB (from file)
6. Restart TB
7. Redo the calenders with XML as you did previously (select Google Calende=
r)

You should get your calenders back.
Hope this helps.

Peter
0
pcheng
10/15/2014 5:52:01 PM
Didi=E6=96=BC 2014=E5=B9=B410=E6=9C=8815=E6=97=A5=E6=98=9F=E6=9C=9F=E4=B8=
=89UTC+8=E4=B8=8B=E5=8D=889=E6=99=8200=E5=88=8624=E7=A7=92=E5=AF=AB=E9=81=
=93=EF=BC=9A
> >=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
> >=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
> Hello,
>=20
>=20
>=20
> the same problem here with TB31.2.0 / Lightning3.3.1 / Provider for Googl=
e Calendar1.0.1. The window for choosing the calender to be activated from =
the google account remains blank. Worked well for a long time.
>=20
>=20
>=20
> Thanks for help and BG,
>=20
> Didi

I had the same problem today. Calenders just went blank.
Tried to delete/re-add the calenders but still blank.

Here are my versions:
ThunderBird: 31.2.0=20
Lightning: 3.3.1
Provider: 1.0.1

Here is what I did to get it back working:
1) Remove the Provider Plug-In 1.0.1
2) Restart Thunderbird
3) Manually Open a Browser Window
4) Go to the Mozilla ThunderBird Plug-In web site
5) Search for "Provider"
6) Download the 0.32 version (select "View Older Versions") onto your PC=20
7) From Thunderbird, manually install the 0.32 version of Provider from dow=
nloaded file
8) Restart ThunderBird
9) Re-Add your calenders
  9.1) Select Google Calender
  9.2) Paste the XML provided by Google-Calender
  *** These steps are exactly the same as before and well documented ***
10) Everything resynced and my calenders are working again :)

Hope this helps someone out there, because I spent about an hour of lost sl=
eep working on this.

Peter
0
Peter
10/15/2014 6:00:01 PM
Peter wrote on 10/15/2014 2:00 PM:
> Didi於 2014年10月15日星期三UTC+8下午9時00分24秒寫道:

>> Hello,
>>

>> the same problem here with TB31.2.0 / Lightning3.3.1 / Provider for Google Calendar1.0.1. The window for choosing the calender to be activated from the google account remains blank. Worked well for a long time.
>>

>> Thanks for help and BG,
>>
>> Didi
>
> I had the same problem today. Calenders just went blank.
> Tried to delete/re-add the calenders but still blank.
>
> Here are my versions:
> ThunderBird: 31.2.0
> Lightning: 3.3.1
> Provider: 1.0.1
>
> Here is what I did to get it back working:
> 1) Remove the Provider Plug-In 1.0.1
> 2) Restart Thunderbird
> 3) Manually Open a Browser Window
> 4) Go to the Mozilla ThunderBird Plug-In web site
> 5) Search for "Provider"
> 6) Download the 0.32 version (select "View Older Versions") onto your PC
> 7) From Thunderbird, manually install the 0.32 version of Provider from downloaded file
> 8) Restart ThunderBird
> 9) Re-Add your calenders
>    9.1) Select Google Calender
>    9.2) Paste the XML provided by Google-Calender
>    *** These steps are exactly the same as before and well documented ***
> 10) Everything resynced and my calenders are working again :)
>
> Hope this helps someone out there, because I spent about an hour of lost sleep working on this.
>
> Peter

And if you want to stay with 0.32 there is a checkbox to "do not update".

0
Big_Al
10/15/2014 6:43:22 PM
I have issues as well.  Everytime Thunderbird updates, I lose my google
calendars.  This time I had to create my lightening calendar again too,
but still no google calendars.

This is so annoying.  They will release a fix in a day or so, but it
totally goofs my day up when this happens.  And it has happened every
time Thunderbird updates to the latest version.

If someone has a work around, I would appreciate hearing about it.

On 10/15/2014 1:52 PM, pcheng.elta@gmail.com wrote:
> Elvis Sakalauskas於 2013年1月27日星期日UTC+8上午4時35分19秒寫道:
>> Yesterday out of nowhere my calendar went blank, and i look at it and the calendar name is grayed out and unchecked. So i click on it and turn it ON and it just turns off again. I checked the calendar link https://www.google.com/calendar/dav/*******@gmail.com/events  and it downloads an ics file. I checked Thunderbird error logs and there nothing
>>

>>   any ideas ?
> I had the exact same problem.
> VERSIONS: TB 31.2.0, Lightning 3.3.1, Provider 1.0.1
>
> 1. Remove the Provider Plug-in 1.0.1
> 2. Restart TB
> 3. Open a browser window, go to the Mozilla TB Plug-In site.
> 4. Manually download the Provider Plug-In version 0.32 (just select the "view other verions" from the download page)
> 5. Install the Provider 0.32 plug-in manually from TB (from file)
> 6. Restart TB
> 7. Redo the calenders with XML as you did previously (select Google Calender)
>
> You should get your calenders back.
> Hope this helps.
>
> Peter

Regards,

*//*

*/Regards,/*

*/Theresa M. Joyce, Ph.D./*

*/Director of Compliance/*

*//*

*/To be successful in life, you need three things:A wishbone, a
backbone, and a funny bone./*

*//*

*/Daemen College/*

*/4380 Main Street/*

*/Amherst, NY14226/*

*//*

*/Ph.:(716) 839-8508/*

*/Fax:(716) 839-8434/*

*//*

*//*

0
Theresa
10/15/2014 6:53:31 PM
On Sunday, January 27, 2013 10:35:49 PM UTC, Stefan Sitter wrote:
> On 26.01.2013 21:35, Elvis Sakalauskas wrote:
>
> > Yesterday out of nowhere my calendar went blank, and i look at it and
>
> > the calendar name is grayed out and unchecked. So i click on it and
>
> > turn it ON and it just turns off again. I checked the calendar link
>
> > https://www.google.com/calendar/dav/*******@gmail.com/events  and it
>
> > downloads an ics file. I checked Thunderbird error logs and there
>
> > nothing
>

> > any ideas ?
>

> It looks like Google changed something about the authentication process.
>
> Try to remove the saved calendar passwords in Thunderbird and enter them
>
> the next time asked using your full email address as login. If using the
>
> two step authentication you might have to create an application specific
>
> password.

That doesn't work. Is def an error with Calendar provider 1.0.1. Only happened this morning. Activity log shows Provider was updated then.
0
blackbox98
10/15/2014 7:17:25 PM
On 2014-10-13 04:49, Ray <NoSpamola@aol.com> wrote:
> On 10/12/2014 7:31 PM, Philipp Kewisch wrote:

>>> I just went back to .32 then Updated to 1.01 and it asks for a user
>>> name/password but all the popup window does is come up as BLANK.. no
>>> place to put them or enter them
>>
>> I've had a few reports about this but I haven't been able to reproduce
>> it. Do you have any messages in the error console (Tools menu) ?
>>
>> Philipp
>>
> tried to post a couple of screen captures.. wouldn't post..  keep on
> getting the blank 'enter email and password' window opening..as for
> the error console.. had a few about the calendar but they are gone
> now.. something to do with mozilla and border rendering--upper right
> and upper left

Longshot, but I've had a "Blank Window" problem with CalDAV & the
Classic TB2 theme.
So ... are you using a theme? If you are, try disabling it?
Regards,

--
! _\|/_  Sylvain / B00ze64@hotmail.com
! (o o)   Member-+-David-Suzuki-Foundation/EFF/Planetary-Society-+-

0
B00ze
10/17/2014 1:47:21 AM
On Saturday, January 26, 2013 2:35:19 PM UTC-6, Elvis Sakalauskas wrote:
> Yesterday out of nowhere my calendar went blank, and i look at it and the=
 calendar name is grayed out and unchecked. So i click on it and turn it ON=
 and it just turns off again. I checked the calendar link https://www.googl=
e.com/calendar/dav/*******@gmail.com/events  and it downloads an ics file. =
I checked Thunderbird error logs and there nothing
>=20
>=20
>=20
>  any ideas ?

I disabled my Classic TB theme and rebooted thunderbird. The calendar pop-u=
ps asking for username/password displayed properly, I was able to log in an=
d allow access, then re-enable my theme. Rebooted it again, and now all is =
working nicely.
0
Tlov
10/19/2014 5:19:00 PM
Elvis Sakalauskas wrote on 1/26/2013 3:35 PM:
> Yesterday out of nowhere my calendar went blank, and i look at it and the calendar name is grayed out and unchecked. So i click on it and turn it ON and it just turns off again. I checked the calendar link https://www.google.com/calendar/dav/*******@gmail.com/events  and it downloads an ics file. I checked Thunderbird error logs and there nothing
>
>   any ideas ?

This thread is long.  I've read most but not sure I saw this one.
I tried 1.01 and it seemed to work but now it seems line after a reboot
the calendars seems to be turned off.    What I mean is when I open
calendar the synced calendars on the left pane have the ! in a yellow
triangle and are greyed out.   If I click on one I just have to "enable"
the calendar by clicking the checkbox at the top.    Then it starts
showing on the screen.   I have to repeat that for all 5 calendars.
But days later after a sleep or reboot (not sure which) it's back off again.

I've dropped back to 0.32 for now.

0
Big_Al
10/19/2014 6:59:31 PM
On Wednesday, October 15, 2014 8:00:01 PM UTC+2, Cheng Peter wrote:
> [...]
>=20
> 7) From Thunderbird, manually install the 0.32 version of Provider from d=
ownloaded file
>=20
> 8) Restart ThunderBird
>=20
> 9) Re-Add your calenders
>=20
>   9.1) Select Google Calender
>=20
>   9.2) Paste the XML provided by Google-Calender
>=20
>   *** These steps are exactly the same as before and well documented ***
>=20
> 10) Everything resynced and my calenders are working again :)
>=20
>=20
>=20
> Hope this helps someone out there, because I spent about an hour of lost =

This worked for me!!! Big up!

/Gustav
0
ghedelin
10/20/2014 1:27:23 PM
On Wednesday, October 15, 2014 11:52:01 AM UTC-6, Cheng Peter wrote:
> Elvis Sakalauskas=E6=96=BC 2013=E5=B9=B41=E6=9C=8827=E6=97=A5=E6=98=9F=E6=
=9C=9F=E6=97=A5UTC+8=E4=B8=8A=E5=8D=884=E6=99=8235=E5=88=8619=E7=A7=92=E5=
=AF=AB=E9=81=93=EF=BC=9A
>=20
> > Yesterday out of nowhere my calendar went blank, and i look at it and t=
he calendar name is grayed out and unchecked. So i click on it and turn it =
ON and it just turns off again. I checked the calendar link https://www.goo=
gle.com/calendar/dav/*******@gmail.com/events  and it downloads an ics file=
.. I checked Thunderbird error logs and there nothing
>=20
> >=20
>=20
> >=20
>=20
> >=20
>=20
> >  any ideas ?
>=20
>=20
>=20
> I had the exact same problem.
>=20
> VERSIONS: TB 31.2.0, Lightning 3.3.1, Provider 1.0.1
>=20
>=20
>=20
> 1. Remove the Provider Plug-in 1.0.1
>=20
> 2. Restart TB
>=20
> 3. Open a browser window, go to the Mozilla TB Plug-In site.
>=20
> 4. Manually download the Provider Plug-In version 0.32 (just select the "=
view other verions" from the download page)
>=20
> 5. Install the Provider 0.32 plug-in manually from TB (from file)
>=20
> 6. Restart TB
>=20
> 7. Redo the calenders with XML as you did previously (select Google Calen=
der)
>=20
>=20
>=20
> You should get your calenders back.
>=20
> Hope this helps.
>=20
>=20
>=20
> Peter

Thanks for the tip.  It worked for me.
0
gibmarchand
10/20/2014 5:05:43 PM
On Saturday, January 26, 2013 9:35:19 PM UTC+1, Elvis Sakalauskas wrote:
> Yesterday out of nowhere my calendar went blank, and i look at it and the=
 calendar name is grayed out and unchecked. So i click on it and turn it ON=
 and it just turns off again. I checked the calendar link https://www.googl=
e.com/calendar/dav/*******@gmail.com/events  and it downloads an ics file. =
I checked Thunderbird error logs and there nothing
>=20
>=20
>=20
>  any ideas ?

Today (21 Oct 2014, 13:00) it also suddenly stopped syncing with Google cal=
endar, I could not anymore save and close an event window in Lightning, it =
simply did not close, but on my google account some of the events where sto=
red, deleting all passwords as described above, also all other passwords fo=
r google accounts (I have two calendar accounts) and I could again save eve=
nts and they are also on my Google calendar now.
So this works but I see that there are till events on Google, which do not =
synchronize with myLightning, I check this further.
0
erich
10/21/2014 1:09:42 PM
I just had my calendar disappear this morning - I've tried everything on th=
is thread, but no love. Any other ideas?

On Tuesday, October 21, 2014 10:04:46 AM UTC-4, erich.kam...@gorilla-electr=
onics.com wrote:
> On Saturday, January 26, 2013 9:35:19 PM UTC+1, Elvis Sakalauskas wrote:
>=20
> > Yesterday out of nowhere my calendar went blank, and i look at it and t=
he calendar name is grayed out and unchecked. So i click on it and turn it =
ON and it just turns off again. I checked the calendar link https://www.goo=
gle.com/calendar/dav/*******@gmail.com/events  and it downloads an ics file=
.. I checked Thunderbird error logs and there nothing
>=20
> >=20
>=20
> >=20
>=20
> >=20
>=20
> >  any ideas ?
>=20
>=20
>=20
> Today (21 Oct 2014, 13:00) it also suddenly stopped syncing with Google c=
alendar, I could not anymore save and close an event window in Lightning, i=
t simply did not close, but on my google account some of the events where s=
tored, deleting all passwords as described above, also all other passwords =
for google accounts (I have two calendar accounts) and I could again save e=
vents and they are also on my Google calendar now.
>=20
> So this works but I see that there are till events on Google, which do no=
t synchronize with myLightning, I check this further.

0
rabbi
10/21/2014 4:02:26 PM
onics.com wrote:
> On Saturday, January 26, 2013 9:35:19 PM UTC+1, Elvis Sakalauskas wrote:
> > Yesterday out of nowhere my calendar went blank, and i look at it and t=
he calendar name is grayed out and unchecked. So i click on it and turn it =
ON and it just turns off again. I checked the calendar link https://www.goo=
gle.com/calendar/dav/*******@gmail.com/events  and it downloads an ics file=
.. I checked Thunderbird error logs and there nothing
> >=20
> >=20
> >=20
> >  any ideas ?
>=20
> Today (21 Oct 2014, 13:00) it also suddenly stopped syncing with Google c=
alendar, I could not anymore save and close an event window in Lightning, i=
t simply did not close, but on my google account some of the events where s=
tored, deleting all passwords as described above, also all other passwords =
for google accounts (I have two calendar accounts) and I could again save e=
vents and they are also on my Google calendar now.
> So this works but I see that there are till events on Google, which do no=
t synchronize with myLightning, I check this further.

change to new lightning, go to google cal details on the website, click on =
the ical button it will give you a string like this https://www.google.com/=
calendar/ical/xxx%40domain.com/public/basic.ics
then create new cal on network select ics paste string in and your good to =
go. Mavericks and Yosemite tested tbird 32
0
Rob
10/26/2014 12:52:39 AM
On 10/25/14 5:52 PM, Rob@kirkpatrick-family.com wrote:
> On Tuesday, October 21, 2014 10:04:46 AM UTC-4, erich.kam...@gorilla-electronics.com wrote:
>> On Saturday, January 26, 2013 9:35:19 PM UTC+1, Elvis Sakalauskas wrote:
>>> Yesterday out of nowhere my calendar went blank, and i look at it and the calendar name is grayed out and unchecked. So i click on it and turn it ON and it just turns off again. I checked the calendar link https://www.google.com/calendar/dav/*******@gmail.com/events  and it downloads an ics file. I checked Thunderbird error logs and there nothing
>>>

>>>  any ideas ?
>>
>> Today (21 Oct 2014, 13:00) it also suddenly stopped syncing with Google calendar, I could not anymore save and close an event window in Lightning, it simply did not close, but on my google account some of the events where stored, deleting all passwords as described above, also all other passwords for google accounts (I have two calendar accounts) and I could again save events and they are also on my Google calendar now.
>> So this works but I see that there are till events on Google, which do not synchronize with myLightning, I check this further.
>
> change to new lightning, go to google cal details on the website, click on the ical button it will give you a string like this https://www.google.com/calendar/ical/xxx%40domain.com/public/basic.ics
> then create new cal on network select ics paste string in and your good to go. Mavericks and Yosemite tested tbird 32

FYI, iCalendar calendars will not allow write access.

Philipp
0
Philipp
10/27/2014 6:37:08 PM
My google calendars wouldn't show up in Lightning and it started a week or =
so back. I ignored it assuming it would all come back. After reading this t=
hread I tried deleting passwords and adding a config statement both were a =
no go. The one that worked for me was to delete the google calendars, then =
reattach them as suggested above. Back to normal now. Thanks.
0
robert
10/27/2014 6:59:38 PM
On Monday, October 27, 2014 2:17:46 PM UTC-7, rob...@karcher.us wrote:
> The one that worked for me was to delete the google calendars, then reatt=
ach them as suggested above. Back to normal now. Thanks.

I concur. This morning I finally did the following:

Deleted the Provider Add-On from Thunderbird.=20
Deleted my Gmail Calendar from Lightning.
Reinstalled the 1.0.2 Add-On
Resubscribed to my Gmail Calendar

And voila, everything is working again.

I had tried simply reinstalling the add-on, but with no success. I believe =
that whatever changed on Google's end requires that you delete your gmail c=
alendar from Thunderbird (Lightning) and then reattach it. If you can't rem=
ember how you originally did that - like me (because it was over a year ago=
 that I first set it up) - then follow the instructions found here: http://=
support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/using-lightning-google-calendar

0
eedroidberry
10/28/2014 4:23:40 PM
eedroidberry@gmail.com wrote on 10/28/2014 12:23 PM:
> On Monday, October 27, 2014 2:17:46 PM UTC-7, rob...@karcher.us wrote:
>> The one that worked for me was to delete the google calendars, then reattach them as suggested above. Back to normal now. Thanks.
>
> I concur. This morning I finally did the following:
>
> Deleted the Provider Add-On from Thunderbird.
> Deleted my Gmail Calendar from Lightning.
> Reinstalled the 1.0.2 Add-On
> Resubscribed to my Gmail Calendar
>
> And voila, everything is working again.
>
> I had tried simply reinstalling the add-on, but with no success. I believe that whatever changed on Google's end requires that you delete your gmail calendar from Thunderbird (Lightning) and then reattach it. If you can't remember how you originally did that - like me (because it was over a year ago that I first set it up) - then follow the instructions found here: http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/using-lightning-google-calendar

hehehehe.   I too have had issues remembering the logic of the linking
to Google.  I cut and past a web page into a word doc so I'd have it
even if the site went down.
0
Big_Al
10/28/2014 9:40:43 PM
eedroidberry@gmail.com gebruikte zhijn klavier om te schrijven:
> On Monday, October 27, 2014 2:17:46 PM UTC-7, rob...@karcher.us wrote:
>> The one that worked for me was to delete the google calendars, then reattach
>> them as suggested above. Back to normal now. Thanks.
>
> I concur. This morning I finally did the following:
>
> Deleted the Provider Add-On from Thunderbird.
> Deleted my Gmail Calendar from Lightning.
> Reinstalled the 1.0.2 Add-On
> Resubscribed to my Gmail Calendar
>
> And voila, everything is working again.

I followed this recipe, and it worked fine.
TB 31.2.0
Lightning 3.3.1
Provider for Google Cal. 1.02
Windows 7 64 bit
[...]

--

Regards,

Leo

0
Leo
11/7/2014 10:46:53 AM
On Friday, November 7, 2014 9:47:58 PM UTC+11, Leo te Brake wrote:
> eedroidberry@gmail.com gebruikte zhijn klavier om te schrijven:
> > On Monday, October 27, 2014 2:17:46 PM UTC-7, rob...@karcher.us wrote:
> >> The one that worked for me was to delete the google calendars, then reattach
> >> them as suggested above. Back to normal now. Thanks.
> >
> > I concur. This morning I finally did the following:
> >
> > Deleted the Provider Add-On from Thunderbird.
> > Deleted my Gmail Calendar from Lightning.
> > Reinstalled the 1.0.2 Add-On
> > Resubscribed to my Gmail Calendar
> >
> > And voila, everything is working again.
>
> I followed this recipe, and it worked fine.
> TB 31.2.0
> Lightning 3.3.1
> Provider for Google Cal. 1.02
> Windows 7 64 bit
> [...]
>
> --
>
> Regards,
>
> Leo

Hi

I tried all that on a mac & it didn't work, which is a pity as I really like using TB

regards, Roger
0
rogeralsop
11/13/2014 11:05:03 AM
Install Saved Password Editor.
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/thunderbird/addon/saved-password-editor/
0
miller
11/17/2014 5:39:34 PM
Philipp: you helped when in mid-October the problem of syncing first arose =
and Provider v1.0.1 wasn't coping. Following your advice (on another thread=
 "How to rollback to prior version"), I went back to v0.32 with Lightning v=
3.3.1 and all started working again. But two days ago the problem came back=
.. TB continually asks for my Google Calendar password but never accepts it.=
 I have followed the advice in the thread above and tried every combination=
 of add-on while keeping T'bird v31.2.0 - Lightning v3.3 with Provider v0.3=
1 and 1.0.2. Nothing works. Do you have any suggestions for a work-around? =
I'd happily go back to an earlier Thunderbird if you know of a set of versi=
ons that definitively works.
I'm on Windows 7.

0
rogerhughes48
11/18/2014 7:35:52 PM
On Friday, November 7, 2014 10:47:58 AM UTC, Leo te Brake wrote:
> eedroidberry@gmail.com gebruikte zhijn klavier om te schrijven:
> > On Monday, October 27, 2014 2:17:46 PM UTC-7, rob...@karcher.us wrote:
> >> The one that worked for me was to delete the google calendars, then re=
attach=20
> >> them as suggested above. Back to normal now. Thanks.
> >
> > I concur. This morning I finally did the following:
> >
> > Deleted the Provider Add-On from Thunderbird.=20
> > Deleted my Gmail Calendar from Lightning.
> > Reinstalled the 1.0.2 Add-On
> > Resubscribed to my Gmail Calendar
> >
> > And voila, everything is working again.
>=20
> I followed this recipe, and it worked fine.
> TB 31.2.0
> Lightning 3.3.1
> Provider for Google Cal. 1.02
> Windows 7 64 bit
> [...]

I did the above on Mac OSX 10.9.5 and it works. I was using provider 0.32 p=
reviously which suddenly stopped working a few days ago.=20

I do have two concerns:
1. I'm a little surprised by the google provider suddenly stopping again. T=
his happened to 1.0.1 a few months back at which points I had to downgrade =
to 0.32. Now it has happened to 0.32 which forces me to upgrade to 1.0.2. I=
 would really be much happier if I could decide when to upgrade or not rath=
er than the plugin that I'm using suddenly stopping to function.
2. Provider 1.0.2 requires me to log in using my ordinary google password. =
I would prefer to use the app-specific passwords which you can generate fro=
m your google account.

Thanks,

David
0
David
11/18/2014 7:58:45 PM
On 11/18/14 8:58 PM, David Bosschaert wrote:

> I did the above on Mac OSX 10.9.5 and it works. I was using provider 0.32 previously which suddenly stopped working a few days ago.
>
> I do have two concerns:
> 1. I'm a little surprised by the google provider suddenly stopping again. This happened to 1.0.1 a few months back at which points I had to downgrade to 0.32. Now it has happened to 0.32 which forces me to upgrade to 1.0.2. I would really be much happier if I could decide when to upgrade or not rather than the plugin that I'm using suddenly stopping to function.
> 2. Provider 1.0.2 requires me to log in using my ordinary google password. I would prefer to use the app-specific passwords which you can generate from your google account.
>
> Thanks,
>
> David

I hope I mentioned this back then, but the downgrade to 0.32 was only
temporary. The reason is that Google has shut down the API v1 on
November 17th.

http://googleappsupdates.blogspot.de/2014/10/deprecated-google-calendar-apis-v1-v2.html

Note that with 1.0.2, your password is not saved locally. The login
dialog is actually a website from Google being displayed. After you log
in and grant permissions, the OAuth token is retrieved and saved
locally. You can revoke this token in you account settings, afterwards
Lightning will no longer have access.

Philipp
0
Philipp
11/18/2014 10:28:14 PM
On 11/18/14 8:35 PM, rogerhughes48@gmail.com wrote:
> Philipp: you helped when in mid-October the problem of syncing first arose and Provider v1.0.1 wasn't coping. Following your advice (on another thread "How to rollback to prior version"), I went back to v0.32 with Lightning v3.3.1 and all started working again. But two days ago the problem came back. TB continually asks for my Google Calendar password but never accepts it. I have followed the advice in the thread above and tried every combination of add-on while keeping T'bird v31.2.0 - Lightning v3.3 with Provider v0.31 and 1.0.2. Nothing works. Do you have any suggestions for a work-around? I'd happily go back to an earlier Thunderbird if you know of a set of versions that definitively works.
> I'm on Windows 7.

Thunderbird 24 and up
Lightning correspoding to Thunderbird, see
https://developer.mozilla.org/en/Calendar/Calendar_Versions
Provider for Google Calendar 1.0.2

This combination should be working. Please see the forum for known issues.

Version 0.32 doesn't work because the API was shut down.

Philipp
0
Philipp
11/18/2014 10:29:51 PM
On Tuesday, November 18, 2014 10:30:54 PM UTC, Philipp Kewisch wrote:

>=20
be working. Please see the forum for known issues.
>=20
> Version 0.32 doesn't work because the API was shut down.
>=20
> Philipp

Philipp: Thanks for your reply. I have reverted to TB v31.2.0, Lightning v3=
..3.1 and Provider v1.0.2 and I've got my calendar back. But I can't add new=
 ones. When I try to add my wife's calendar, I click on "to the network", t=
hen "Google calendar" and at that point the box where I'm supposed to inser=
t the URL disappears. I'm guessing the only reason I can see my own calenda=
r is that I didn't delete it before reinstalling Provider. Any thoughts?

0
rogerhughes48
11/19/2014 12:13:17 PM
On 11/19/14 1:13 PM, rogerhughes48@gmail.com wrote:
> On Tuesday, November 18, 2014 10:30:54 PM UTC, Philipp Kewisch wrote:
>

> be working. Please see the forum for known issues.
>>
>> Version 0.32 doesn't work because the API was shut down.
>>
>> Philipp
>
> Philipp: Thanks for your reply. I have reverted to TB v31.2.0, Lightning v3.3.1 and Provider v1.0.2 and I've got my calendar back. But I can't add new ones. When I try to add my wife's calendar, I click on "to the network", then "Google calendar" and at that point the box where I'm supposed to insert the URL disappears. I'm guessing the only reason I can see my own calendar is that I didn't delete it before reinstalling Provider. Any thoughts?

You are no longer supposed to enter the URL. Doesn't it say you will
configure the calendar in the next step? Be sure to enter the email
address in the next step instead.

Philipp
0
Philipp
11/19/2014 1:59:29 PM
=20
> You are no longer supposed to enter the URL. Doesn't it say you will
> configure the calendar in the next step? Be sure to enter the email
> address in the next step instead.
>=20
> Philipp

Thank you, Philipp. I hadn't realised. I can confirm that TB v31.2.0, Light=
ning v3.3.1 and Provider v1.0.2 are now working in harmony. You are right: =
after selecting "Google calendar" as the calendar type, you click to the ne=
xt screen which invites you simply in input the email addresses of the cale=
ndar owners. Simples!=20
Roger
0
rogerhughes48
11/19/2014 5:04:46 PM
In the new flow the "Continue" button does not work. I'm stuck at the selec=
tion of the Calendards/Lists...
Using all the updated TB, Lightning and Provider...  any idea?

Stefano

On Wednesday, November 19, 2014 9:07:50 AM UTC-8, rogerh...@gmail.com wrote=
:
> > You are no longer supposed to enter the URL. Doesn't it say you will
> > configure the calendar in the next step? Be sure to enter the email
> > address in the next step instead.
> >=20
> > Philipp
>=20
> Thank you, Philipp. I hadn't realised. I can confirm that TB v31.2.0, Lig=
htning v3.3.1 and Provider v1.0.2 are now working in harmony. You are right=
: after selecting "Google calendar" as the calendar type, you click to the =
next screen which invites you simply in input the email addresses of the ca=
lendar owners. Simples!=20
> Roger

0
stefano
11/19/2014 9:10:42 PM
The real bummer in all this  is that I live with Postbox open with my busin=
ess calendar running all day (self-Employed).  I prefer the interface of Po=
stbox over Thunderbird but the Postbox devs have been very slow in finding =
a solution and I've had to revert to Thunderbird for the time being and I d=
read the idea of installing outlook!
0
cliff
11/19/2014 10:28:16 PM
On 11/19/14 11:28 PM, cliff@cliffetzel.com wrote:
> The real bummer in all this  is that I live with Postbox open with my business calendar running all day (self-Employed).  I prefer the interface of Postbox over Thunderbird but the Postbox devs have been very slow in finding a solution and I've had to revert to Thunderbird for the time being and I dread the idea of installing outlook!

Don't be so hard on the Postbox devs. Porting the new provider to
Postbox is not something that can be done in a day. Please stay tuned,
I'm fairly certain that a solution for this is coming up!

Please see
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/provider-for-google-calendar/9TO7eOgN2Us

Philipp
0
Philipp
11/19/2014 10:50:33 PM
On 11/19/14 16:10, stefano@mixamo.com wrote:
> In the new flow the "Continue" button does not work. I'm stuck at the selection of the Calendards/Lists...
> Using all the updated TB, Lightning and Provider...  any idea?

The Continue button is working but very very very slow to respond. You may even get a popup saying a script is not responding. Let it continue. You may have to hit Continue one more time. It will eventually (2-3 minutes is not uncommon for me) succeed.

Out of 6 Google calendars that I use, I only had to reinstall one of them twice, the others work first time around, even if slow. The busier the calendar, the longer it's going to take (it seems).

Pierre
0
Pierre
11/20/2014 4:02:24 AM
On 11/20/14 5:02 AM, Pierre D wrote:
> On 11/19/14 16:10, stefano@mixamo.com wrote:
>> In the new flow the "Continue" button does not work. I'm stuck at the selection of the Calendards/Lists...
>> Using all the updated TB, Lightning and Provider...  any idea?
>
> The Continue button is working but very very very slow to respond. You may even get a popup saying a script is not responding. Let it continue. You may have to hit Continue one more time. It will eventually (2-3 minutes is not uncommon for me) succeed.
>
> Out of 6 Google calendars that I use, I only had to reinstall one of them twice, the others work first time around, even if slow. The busier the calendar, the longer it's going to take (it seems).
>
> Pierre

Yeah, the initial sync is pretty slow. Once thats done, it will be
blazing fast though because it only syncs the differences.

Philipp
0
Philipp
11/20/2014 9:32:41 AM
On Friday, February 1, 2013 4:39:27 AM UTC-8, kast...@gmail.com wrote:
> Try to reset passwords, I had the same problem...
>=20
> "The only way to change a password saved by the password manager is to de=
lete it, get prompted for the new password the next time it needs it, and t=
hen tell it again to save that password. You can delete the password using =
Tools -> Options -> Privacy -> Passwords -> View Saved Passwords by selecti=
ng the password and then pressing the Remove button."
>=20
> Delete all Google related (Google Api, Google Calendar and so on)
>=20
> Then restart Thunderbird, it will ask passwords again, use the same crede=
ntials again (xxx@gmail.com and password), click the "remember" box and cli=
ck ok. It worked for me.

Please tell me which "password manager" on what platform you refer to. Than=
ks. JG
0
jgoddards1
11/28/2014 5:32:44 PM
On Wednesday, February 13, 2013 11:44:59 AM UTC-8, jaysonfire wrote:
> I had this exact problem, and clearing passwords didn't work for me.  What finally worked was something I found on another forum - go into the Config Editor and set:
>
> calendar.network.multirealm to true
>
> Not sure why this was needed - I only access my default calendar in this domain. But it worked anyway!

Please tell us which "Config Editor" in what app on what platform you refer to. Thanks. JG
0
jgoddards1
11/28/2014 5:33:34 PM
On 11/28/2014 12:33 PM, jgoddards1@gmail.com wrote:
> On Wednesday, February 13, 2013 11:44:59 AM UTC-8, jaysonfire wrote:
>> I had this exact problem, and clearing passwords didn't work for me.  What finally worked was something I found on another forum - go into the Config Editor and set:
>>
>> calendar.network.multirealm to true
>>
>> Not sure why this was needed - I only access my default calendar in this domain. But it worked anyway!
>
> Please tell us which "Config Editor" in what app on what platform you refer to. Thanks. JG

In Thunderbird for both.
0
WaltS48
11/28/2014 7:49:50 PM
On Thursday, November 20, 2014 4:33:45 AM UTC-5, Philipp Kewisch wrote:
> On 11/20/14 5:02 AM, Pierre D wrote:
> > On 11/19/14 16:10, stefano@mixamo.com wrote:
> >> In the new flow the "Continue" button does not work. I'm stuck at the =
selection of the Calendards/Lists...
> >> Using all the updated TB, Lightning and Provider...  any idea?
> >=20
> > The Continue button is working but very very very slow to respond. You =
may even get a popup saying a script is not responding. Let it continue. Yo=
u may have to hit Continue one more time. It will eventually (2-3 minutes i=
s not uncommon for me) succeed.
> >=20
> > Out of 6 Google calendars that I use, I only had to reinstall one of th=
em twice, the others work first time around, even if slow. The busier the c=
alendar, the longer it's going to take (it seems).
> >=20
> > Pierre
> >=20
>=20
> Yeah, the initial sync is pretty slow. Once thats done, it will be
> blazing fast though because it only syncs the differences.
>=20
> Philipp

Upgraded to Fedora 21, so have Thunderbird 32.1 and the latest Lightning an=
d Provider.  Initially I had no calendar entries, but when removing Provide=
r and Google calendar, my non-google calendar entries came back.  I re-inst=
alled Provider, restarted and now I'm trying to re-add google calendar.  I'=
m at the point where I "Select My Calendar" and it Next and I've been sitti=
ng at that panel for 30 minutes.  What's the scoop?
0
mswallow
11/29/2014 3:19:08 AM
On Wednesday, November 19, 2014 8:03:28 PM UTC-8, Pierre D wrote:
> On 11/19/14 16:10, stefano@mixamo.com wrote:
> > In the new flow the "Continue" button does not work. I'm stuck at the selection of the Calendards/Lists...
> > Using all the updated TB, Lightning and Provider...  any idea?
>
> The Continue button is working but very very very slow to respond. You may even get a popup saying a script is not responding. Let it continue. You may have to hit Continue one more time. It will eventually (2-3 minutes is not uncommon for me) succeed.
>
> Out of 6 Google calendars that I use, I only had to reinstall one of them twice, the others work first time around, even if slow. The busier the calendar, the longer it's going to take (it seems).
>
> Pierre

Pierre, thank you for the answer, but I waited over 20 minutes even for calendars that are almost empty. Any suggestion... still can't get past Continue. Thanks for any help!
0
stefano
12/2/2014 10:44:49 PM
On 12/02/14 17:44, stefano@mixamo.com wrote:
> Pierre, thank you for the answer, but I waited over 20 minutes even for calendars that are almost empty. Any suggestion... still can't get past Continue. Thanks for any help!

I am afraid I am not knowledgeable enough.

Pierre
0
Pierre
12/3/2014 10:18:15 PM
Can someone tell me what version of Thunderbird is having all of these
google calendar/lightening issues?

On 12/3/2014 5:18 PM, Pierre D wrote:
> On 12/02/14 17:44, stefano@mixamo.com wrote:
>> Pierre, thank you for the answer, but I waited over 20 minutes even for calendars that are almost empty. Any suggestion... still can't get past Continue. Thanks for any help!
> I am afraid I am not knowledgeable enough.
>
> Pierre

Regards,

*//*

*/Regards,/*

*/Theresa M. Joyce, Ph.D./*

*/Director of Compliance/*

*//*

*/To be successful in life, you need three things:A wishbone, a
backbone, and a funny bone./*

*//*

*/Daemen College/*

*/4380 Main Street/*

*/Amherst, NY14226/*

*//*

*/Ph.:(716) 839-8508/*

*/Fax:(716) 839-8434/*

*//*

*//*

0
Theresa
12/4/2014 3:13:33 PM
thunderbird version -> 31.3.0
lighting -> 3.3.1
provider for google cal ->  1.0.2

sometimes it sync (but only meetings in future), mostly it shows only empty calendar..

using win8.1

On Thursday, 4 December 2014 16:15:11 UTC+1, Theresa M. Joyce  wrote:
> Can someone tell me what version of Thunderbird is having all of these
> google calendar/lightening issues?
>
> On 12/3/2014 5:18 PM, Pierre D wrote:
> > On 12/02/14 17:44, stefano@mixamo.com wrote:
> >> Pierre, thank you for the answer, but I waited over 20 minutes even for calendars that are almost empty. Any suggestion... still can't get past Continue. Thanks for any help!
> > I am afraid I am not knowledgeable enough.
> >
> > Pierre
> >

> --
> Regards,
>
> *//*
>
> */Regards,/*
>
> */Theresa M. Joyce, Ph.D./*
>
> */Director of Compliance/*
>
> *//*
>
> */To be successful in life, you need three things:A wishbone, a
> backbone, and a funny bone./*
>
> *//*
>
> */Daemen College/*
>
> */4380 Main Street/*
>
> */Amherst, NY14226/*
>
> *//*
>
> */Ph.:(716) 839-8508/*
>
> */Fax:(716) 839-8434/*
>
> *//*
>
> *//*
0
lukas
12/4/2014 9:01:33 PM
On Tuesday, October 1, 2013 5:31:17 PM UTC-4, Bill Braun wrote:
> On 10/1/2013 5:24 PM, houstonwb@gmail.com wrote:
> > On Saturday, January 26, 2013 2:35:19 PM UTC-6, Elvis Sakalauskas wrote=
:
> >> Yesterday out of nowhere my calendar went blank, and i look at it and =
the calendar name is grayed out and unchecked. So i click on it and turn it=
 ON and it just turns off again. I checked the calendar link https://www.go=
ogle.com/calendar/dav/*******@gmail.com/events  and it downloads an ics fil=
e. I checked Thunderbird error logs and there nothing

> >>   any ideas ?
> >
> > Also have the same problem.  Am using Thunderbird Lightning.  Have trie=
d new Google Calendar links, and Provider, to no avail.

>=20
> As reported in another thread (and far better than I can explain it)=20
> Google has changed how applications connect to Google Calendar. I have=20
> installed the add-on Provider for Google. It works well so long as you=20
> use the XML link for the Location field when setting up a new calendar=20
> (be sure to select network > "Google Calendar" as the type).
>=20
> As soon as I added the calendar in Lightning using Provider for Google=20
> the events appeared. Only into my second day; so far so good.
>=20
> Bill

Thanks Bill.  This worked for me.  For anyone else doing this, just google =
Provider for Google Calendar, download it to your computer and then go to T=
ools in Postbox, select Add-Ons, and then add the Provider for Google Calen=
dar.

Uncle Devin
0
theuncledevinshow

Events sync'ed from Lightning HOME calendar to G-calendar using Provider for Google calendar don't transfer up to Google server calendar
Hi, I'm running T'bird 17.0.2, Lightning 1.9, Provider for Google Calendar = 0.18 on multiple PCs running Window 7 Home Premium (64bit) and want to keep= calendars in sync... I have 2 calendars showing on Lightning - the original Lightning Home calen= dar and the downloaded Google calendar (G-cal). I am finding that entries = I make directly into the G-cal in Lightning transfer up to Google and back = to another PC without problem. Also, if I make an entry in the Lightning H= ome calendar and hit the sync button it apears in the G-cal in Lightning bu= t it does not transfe...

Provider for Google Calendar & Google (calendar) sync
What is "Provider for Google Calendar" based on? I "GDATA Provider" page, it's simply stated as "utilizing Google Data Protocol". I suddenly asked this question is because I came across the news that a blog from Google (http://googleblog.blogspot.ca/2012/12/winter-cleaning.html) was talking about removing Google (calendar) sync. If "Provider for Google Calendar" is based on Google (Calendar) sync, then it is necessary to write a statement on its home page to tell people that the addon will not work. On 17.12...

google calendar & Lightning & provider for google calendar
I try to synchronise Google Calendar with my Lightning extension via the Provider for Google Calendar extension; Everything works well for my main Google agenda. However, I have 2 agendas and only one gets synchronised. Does anyone here uses Google Calendar with 2 agendas and gets both synchronised with Lightning ? TIA ftr On 19/07/09 12:09, ftr wrote: > I try to synchronise Google Calendar with my Lightning extension via the > Provider for Google Calendar extension; Everything works well for my > main Google agenda. However, I have 2 agendas and only one gets >...

syncing to google calendars, or online calendars
Name: Ian O'Neill Email: ioneillatemaildotuncdotedu Product: Sunbird Summary: syncing to google calendars, or online calendars Comments: I am generally thrilled with the functionality and ease of sunbird as a stand alone product. It has been extremely easy to start, customize, etc. Where the usefulness wears off, however, is when syncing to google calendars. My basic problem is that when using the "subscribe to remote calendar" feature is used, the user must add a new calendar on sunbird. This does not make any sense to me. The remote calendar should be treated...

Publishing calendar *from* Lightning *to* Google Calendar
Dear all, I have several local calendars with thousands of events. I want to keep them local. However, I would like to publish, from times to times, some of these calendars into Google Calendar. I have tried the "Publish..." feature of Lightning (right mouse click a calendar -> "Publish...") but could not figure out what address to put there. After checking several Web sites, I have tried: https://www.google.com/calendar/dav/[calid]/events http://www.google.com/calendar/dav/[calid]/events https://www.google.com/calendar/dav/[calid]/user with ...

Events in Lightning and Google Calendar disappeared after upgrade to Provider for Google Calendar 1.0.2
24.6.0: Thunderbird 2.6.6: Lightning 1.02: Provider for Google Calendar (updated) I updated my Provider for Google Calendar early yesterday when my synced ca= lendars stopped syncing. I had no apparent issues with the update. I had = the initial login screen I've seen described which I've never seen before, = but after a long wait, Thuderbird and Lightning came to life. All was well= yesterday (so far as I know). Then today I went to delete a one-time even= t for next month which I had just viewed a few days ago, and it wasn't ther= e. I attempted to resync them...

Syncing Lightning with Google Calendar
I've read in several threads in the group that you can sync your Lighting calendar with Google calendar. How is this accomplished? I don't see any menu items that shed light on it. -- Give all you can, don't give more than you can. Hartdonor wrote: > I've read in several threads in the group that you can sync your Lighting > calendar with Google calendar. > > How is this accomplished? I don't see any menu items that shed light on > it. Disclaimer: I don't do it but I searched no quotes 'sync lightning google calendar' and fou...

Google calendars stopped syncing
Overnight for some bizarre reason Lightning has stopped syncing with Google= calendars using the Provider. As far as I am aware nothing has changed in = my settings, my PC or anything else but despite doing restarts, disabling a= dd-ons etc nothing seems to make the calendars sync. I was so enjoying Thunderbird and Lightning I really don't want to have to = go back to Google ... (I know I'm using it at the moment to host the calend= ars but=20 my next step was to use my own servers). Thanks On Thursday, 13 June 2013 11:40:27 UTC+1, vero...@glenaffric.com wrote: > Overni...

How to get all the calendars displayed on my Google Calendar displayed in Lightning
I just installed Lightning and established communications with my Google calendar via calDAV. Now how do I get the other calendars that show up in Google into Thunderbird/Lightning? Thanks. Charles River wrote: > I just installed Lightning and established communications with my > Google calendar via calDAV. Now how do I get the other calendars that > show up in Google into Thunderbird/Lightning? Just subscribe to all your calendars as explained in the Google Calendar online help. The Calendar ID that needs to specified in the URL can be found in the Google Calendar...

Allow Sunbird to update your calendar and sync it with google calendar
Name: Sami Product: Sunbird Summary: Allow Sunbird to update your calendar and sync it with google calendar Comments: as above Browser Details: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1) ; .NET CLR 1.0.3705; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; Media Center PC 4.0; InfoPath.2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727) ...

Can I sync Lightning with Google Calendar?
I have not found out where to set this up, if it can be done at all. I found something called Provider for Google calendar, which hints at this ability, but nobody has taken the time to write a 1 paragraph big picture. Do you need Provider and Lightning? Can google sync be done at all? I think LOTS of people would want to have their google calendar available in tbird. How can I do this? Thanks! Leon <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN"> <html> <head> <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/ht...

Lightning Google Calendar Sync
I am using Thunderbird 2.0.0.21 with a Lightning add-on version 0.9 I created a Calendar to sync using CalDav to/from google calendar. On creation, all the events created in Google Calendar were pulled and displayed in Lightning. When I try to add events to the google calendar from Lightning, I get an error message saying "an error occurred when writing to the calendar <google calendar name>" and a MODIFACATION_FAILED message. I tried to use HTTP Analyzer to figure out the issue but no luck. Earlier in the forum some one suggested unchecking the Read Only check b...

Accept an Invitation in Seamonkey / Lightning / Google Calendar and store it in a calendar of own choice...?
Hi there, i run Seamonkey 2.32, Lightning 3.7, Provider for Google Calendar 1.0.3 & L= ightbird 0.3.3. following request: I get an invitation to a meeting to my regular e-mail-address (xy@gmx.com).= I can accept this invitation and it will be stored in a *LOCAL* calendar (= moz-storage-calendar://) that its linked to my regular e-mail-address. But however - my REGULAR calendar is stored on Google and assigned to anoth= er address (xy@gmail.com). So the meeting should be stored in the Google ca= lendar, that is connected via the Provider. If I copy the invitation to the...

Accept an Invitation in Seamonkey / Lightning / Google Calendar and store it in a calendar of own choice...?
Hi there, i run Seamonkey 2.32, Lightning 3.7, Provider for Google Calendar 1.0.3 & L= ightbird 0.3.3. following request: I get an invitation to a meeting to my regular e-mail-address (xy@gmx.com).= I can accept this invitation and it will be stored in a *LOCAL* calendar (= moz-storage-calendar://) that its linked to my regular e-mail-address. But however - my REGULAR calendar is stored on Google and assigned to anoth= er address (xy@gmail.com). So the meeting should be stored in the Google ca= lendar, that is connected via the Provider. If I copy the invitation to the...

Web resources about - Lightning stopped syncing with my Google calendar and it stays disabled. - mozilla.support.calendar

Lightning - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
High-speed, slow-motion lightning video captured with a Phantom v12.1 camera at 6,200 frames per second. Lightning is a massive electrostatic ...

Search Twitter - Lightning
... 3m At 12:25 p.m., the ground crew at Hammond Stadium pulled the tarp over the field, and the outfield seating section was cleared b/c lightning ...

Adelaide Lightning send Canberra Capitals to 20th straight WNBL defeat with tight win - AdelaideNow Search ...
ADELAIDE survived a desperate rally by home side Canberra on Sunday to hand the Capitals their 20th straight WNBL loss, 85-82.

Lightning strike caught on video
Two Sydney teenagers are counting their blessings after capturing video of a lightning strike that missed them by the narrowest of margins on ...

Lightning strike caught on video
Two Sydney teenagers are counting their blessings after capturing video of a lightning strike that missed them by the narrowest of margins on ...

Lightning send Caps plummeting to new depths
ADELAIDE survived a desperate rally by home side Canberra on Sunday to hand the Capitals their 20th straight WNBL loss, 85-82.

Perth weather: Severe thunderstorm warning after homes struck by lightning
A severe thunderstorm warning for Perth and surrounding regional areas on Monday has been cancelled but residents in other parts of WA are still ...

9to5Toys Lunch Break: Seagate 4TB Portable HDD $120, 2-pack MFi Lightning Cables $8, JayBird Bluetooth ...
... DEALS: Seagate 4TB Portable, Bus-powered USB 3 Hard Drive w/ 200GB Cloud: $120 shipped RAVPower 2-pack of 3-ft. MFi Apple-Certified Lightning ...

2 pairs of Lightning headphones you can get in case Apple’s iPhone 7 ditches the audio jack
... iPhone 7 when it debuts (and out of your iPhone 6s now), you can snag one of these two pairs of high-end headphones, which both include Lightning ...

Seattle startup brings new tech to Tampa Bay Lightning games
The Tampa Bay Lightning is the first professional sports team in the U.S. to roll out new technology that could be a literal game changer. Enthrall ...