Lightning nightly is switching all Google CalDAV calendars OFF

Lightning nightly is switching all Google CalDAV calendars OFF. They 
cannot be turned on again (they immediately turn off again). I've tried 
deleting all CalDAV passwords in Thunderbird nightly - it didn't fix the 
issue.

Is this a known bug?
-- 
Regards,
Peter Lairo

Bugs I think are important:
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=467153 Google Cal Setup
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=769476 Sync Reordering
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=446444 Sync for Thunderbird
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=391057 Write to Mac AB

Islam:  http://www.jihadwatch.org/islam-101/
Israel: http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/myths2/
Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster:  http://www.venganza.org/
Anthropogenic Global Warming skepsis:    http://tinyurl.com/AGW-Skepsis

0
Peter
9/15/2014 2:42:32 PM
mozilla.support.calendar 2589 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

8 Replies
2568 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 4

On 15.09.2014 16:42, Peter Lairo wrote:
> Lightning nightly is switching all Google CalDAV calendars OFF. They
> cannot be turned on again (they immediately turn off again). I've tried
> deleting all CalDAV passwords in Thunderbird nightly - it didn't fix the
> issue.
>
> Is this a known bug?

I posted a similar situation with
> Earlybird issue? (Thunderbird/34.0a2 / 20140910004001)
> on m.d.a.thunderbird
 > news://news.mozilla.com:119/3OCdndj4Hpe54YzJnZ2dnUVZ_oednZ2d@mozilla.org

Only Google CalDAV calendars have that problem and only since updating to:
  Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:34.0) Gecko/20100101 
Thunderbird/34.0a2 /  20140910004001

So I expect it's a general TB/GCal problem.
0
gNeandr
9/15/2014 3:15:17 PM
On 15.09.2014 16:42, Peter Lairo wrote:
> Lightning nightly is switching all Google CalDAV calendars OFF. They
> cannot be turned on again (they immediately turn off again). I've tried
> deleting all CalDAV passwords in Thunderbird nightly - it didn't fix the
> issue.

I can reproduce your problem.

Rememberer two weeks ago when Google Calendar did not work be cause 
Google was using HTTP/2 that did not work with Thunderbird Trunk?

Guess what, this time it is the same. Disabling HTTP/2 support in 
Thunderbird Trunk makes the calendars work for me.

I don't know if something changed on Google side or if something changed 
regarding HTTP/2 support in Thunderbird Trunk.

/Stefan
0
Stefan
9/15/2014 4:52:26 PM
On 9/15/14 6:52 PM, Stefan Sitter wrote:
> Rememberer two weeks ago when Google Calendar did not work be cause
> Google was using HTTP/2 that did not work with Thunderbird Trunk?
> 
> Guess what, this time it is the same. Disabling HTTP/2 support in
> Thunderbird Trunk makes the calendars work for me.
> 
> I don't know if something changed on Google side or if something changed
> regarding HTTP/2 support in Thunderbird Trunk.
> 
> /Stefan

Last I heard Google had a broken implementation of http/2 on their
servers, so this may be the case.

Thanks for figuring this out!

Philipp
0
Philipp
9/15/2014 6:25:10 PM
On Mo. 15.09.2014 20:25, Philipp Kewisch wrote:
> On 9/15/14 6:52 PM, Stefan Sitter wrote:
>> Rememberer two weeks ago when Google Calendar did not work be cause
>> Google was using HTTP/2 that did not work with Thunderbird Trunk?
>>
>> Guess what, this time it is the same. Disabling HTTP/2 support in
>> Thunderbird Trunk makes the calendars work for me.
>>
>> I don't know if something changed on Google side or if something changed
>> regarding HTTP/2 support in Thunderbird Trunk.
>>
>> /Stefan
>
> Last I heard Google had a broken implementation of http/2 on their
> servers, so this may be the case.

Is it possible from our end to determine if Google still has a broken 
implementation of http/2?

is there a bug to track this critical dogfood bug?

Stating the obvious: With Lightning Google CalDAV trunk not working at 
all, it is currently very unlikely that anybody who uses Google CalDAV 
(likely a huge number of people) is using/testing neither the 
Thunderbird nightly builds nor the Lightning nightly builds (e.g. I'm 
back to using the release builds until this is fixed).
-- 
Regards,
Peter Lairo

Bugs I think are important:
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=467153 Google Cal Setup
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=769476 Sync Reordering
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=446444 Sync for Thunderbird
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=391057 Write to Mac AB

Islam:  http://www.jihadwatch.org/islam-101/
Israel: http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/myths2/
Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster:  http://www.venganza.org/
Anthropogenic Global Warming skepsis:    http://tinyurl.com/AGW-Skepsis

0
Peter
9/16/2014 9:22:13 AM
On 9/16/14 11:22 AM, Peter Lairo wrote:
>> Last I heard Google had a broken implementation of http/2 on their
>> servers, so this may be the case.
> 
> Is it possible from our end to determine if Google still has a broken
> implementation of http/2?
Aside from flipping the pref once in a while, I don't think so. If you
dive into the details of http/2 there is surely another way.

> 
> is there a bug to track this critical dogfood bug?

I'm sure there is, check the Core product in bugzilla for details.


> 
> Stating the obvious: With Lightning Google CalDAV trunk not working at
> all, it is currently very unlikely that anybody who uses Google CalDAV
> (likely a huge number of people) is using/testing neither the
> Thunderbird nightly builds nor the Lightning nightly builds (e.g. I'm
> back to using the release builds until this is fixed).

I agree, the amount of Lightning users on the nightly builds is likely
very small. Given there is currently a lot in flux this is quite
understandable.

Instead of using the release builds, I'd suggest using either aurora or
beta. In this case, I'm sure the Network team will make sure that when
the http2 feature is on by default in aurora or beta they are sure it
works with the major sites like Google. If you use Firefox nightly
builds, you might have noticed that you get similar issues when logging
in to Google.

Philipp
0
Philipp
9/16/2014 9:37:40 AM
On 16.09.2014 11:37, Philipp Kewisch wrote:
> Instead of using the release builds, I'd suggest using either aurora or
> beta.
Please note my other posts, Earlybird has the same problem with GCal!
0
gNeandr
9/16/2014 10:33:07 AM
On 9/16/14 12:33 PM, gNeandr wrote:
> On 16.09.2014 11:37, Philipp Kewisch wrote:
>> Instead of using the release builds, I'd suggest using either aurora or
>> beta.
> Please note my other posts, Earlybird has the same problem with GCal!

Sorry, missed that. I'm just saying, it would be a great help if you
could try the other development builds before going back to release.

Thanks,
Philipp
0
Philipp
9/16/2014 11:10:18 AM
> On 9/16/14 12:33 PM, gNeandr wrote:
>> Please note my other posts, Earlybird has the same problem with GCal!

Does it work after turning off HTTP/2?

Could you help to identify the cause of problem? For example does it 
work with older Thunderbird + current Lightning build? Or does it work 
with current Thunderbird build + older Lightning build?

0
Stefan
9/16/2014 3:35:11 PM
Reply:

Web resources about - Lightning nightly is switching all Google CalDAV calendars OFF - mozilla.support.calendar

Lightning - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
High-speed, slow-motion lightning video captured with a Phantom v12.1 camera at 6,200 frames per second. Lightning is a massive electrostatic ...

Search Twitter - Lightning
Sign in Sign up Search Refresh FKD - Tenryo @ TenryoTheLight 32m When lightning strikes, a new legend will be born. pic.twitter.com/UwBjsghzc7 ...

Kayla Standish cycle complete as US forward follows sister to Adelaide Lightning as WNBL import - AdelaideNow ...
ADELAIDE Lightning is racing the clock to have new American forward Kayla Standish cleared in time to join the team in its WNBL clash with the ...

Man dead after lightning strike in north west Queensland
A man has died after being struck by lightning at a station in north-west Queensland.

Gurkha struck by lightning on Lake Argyle during secret Singapore training course
Mystery surrounds the background of a man who is on life support after being struck by lightning on Lake Argyle during a top-secret military ...

Lightning wait to complete Standish import cycle
ADELAIDE Lightning is racing the clock to have new American forward Kayla Standish cleared in time to join the team in its WNBL clash with the ...

Surfer struck by lightning at Byron Bay
A surfer is in critical condition after being struck by lightning in Byron Bay.

Surfer in critical condition after being struck by lightning near Byron Bay
A man is in a critical condition after being struck by lightning near Byron Bay on the north coast of New South Wales.

9to5Toys Lunch Break: iPod Touch (5th gen) from $149, 2-pack MFi Lightning cables $8, iPhone 6 cases ...
... CAN’T MISS DEALS: Apple iPod Touch 5th gen 16-64GB sizes, multiple colors: $149-$199 shipped Aukey iPhone accessories: 3.3-ft MFi Lightning ...

iPad Pro contains USB 3.0 controller, hints at ultra-fast Lightning connector
... reveal Apple quietly included USB controller hardware capable of supporting high-speed USB 3.0 data connections, suggesting a faster Lightning ...

resources last updated: 11/20/2015 6:36:06 PM