Events sync'ed from Lightning HOME calendar to G-calendar using Provider for Google calendar don't transfer up to Google server calendar

Hi, I'm running T'bird 17.0.2, Lightning 1.9, Provider for Google Calendar =
0.18 on multiple PCs running Window 7 Home Premium (64bit) and want to keep=
 calendars in sync...

I have 2 calendars showing on Lightning - the original Lightning Home calen=
dar and the downloaded Google calendar (G-cal).  I am finding that entries =
I make directly into the G-cal in Lightning transfer up to Google and back =
to another PC without problem.  Also, if I make an entry in the Lightning H=
ome calendar and hit the sync button it apears in the G-cal in Lightning bu=
t it does not transfer up to Google and therefore doesn't show on my other =
PCs.=20

I thought the idea was that Provider for Google Calendar give bi-directioan=
l sync'ing of clendar entries or am I wrong?  I only get thing sync'ed from=
 Google server calendar into my Lightning Home calendar but not the other w=
ay round - so uni-directional!  I get the same result on which ever one of =
my PCs I use!

Does anyone know a fix for this??

Thanks Steve

Just for information I am running Zone Alarm (deatils below) and have tried=
 turning off but see no difference!
ZoneAlarm with Antivirus version: 11.0.000.038
0
stevecfinch
2/17/2013 8:57:40 AM
mozilla.support.calendar 2589 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

On Sunday, February 17, 2013 8:57:40 AM UTC, Steve CF wrote:
> Hi, I'm running T'bird 17.0.2, Lightning 1.9, Provider for Google Calenda=
r 0.18 on multiple PCs running Window 7 Home Premium (64bit) and want to ke=
ep calendars in sync...
>=20
>=20
>=20
> I have 2 calendars showing on Lightning - the original Lightning Home cal=
endar and the downloaded Google calendar (G-cal).  I am finding that entrie=
s I make directly into the G-cal in Lightning transfer up to Google and bac=
k to another PC without problem.  Also, if I make an entry in the Lightning=
 Home calendar and hit the sync button it apears in the G-cal in Lightning =
but it does not transfer up to Google and therefore doesn't show on my othe=
r PCs.=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
> I thought the idea was that Provider for Google Calendar give bi-directio=
anl sync'ing of clendar entries or am I wrong?  I only get thing sync'ed fr=
om Google server calendar into my Lightning Home calendar but not the other=
 way round - so uni-directional!  I get the same result on which ever one o=
f my PCs I use!
>=20
>=20
>=20
> Does anyone know a fix for this??
>=20
>=20
>=20
> Thanks Steve
>=20
>=20
>=20
> Just for information I am running Zone Alarm (deatils below) and have tri=
ed turning off but see no difference!
>=20
> ZoneAlarm with Antivirus version: 11.0.000.038

 I have the same issue. I am not tech literate so no idea what to do, so an=
y help most appreciated.

Andy
0
aharvo
4/7/2013 9:34:36 AM
On Sunday, February 17, 2013 3:57:40 AM UTC-5, Steve CF wrote:
> Hi, I'm running T'bird 17.0.2, Lightning 1.9, Provider for Google Calenda=
r 0.18 on multiple PCs running Window 7 Home Premium (64bit) and want to ke=
ep calendars in sync...
>=20
>=20
>=20
> I have 2 calendars showing on Lightning - the original Lightning Home cal=
endar and the downloaded Google calendar (G-cal).  I am finding that entrie=
s I make directly into the G-cal in Lightning transfer up to Google and bac=
k to another PC without problem.  Also, if I make an entry in the Lightning=
 Home calendar and hit the sync button it apears in the G-cal in Lightning =
but it does not transfer up to Google and therefore doesn't show on my othe=
r PCs.=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
> I thought the idea was that Provider for Google Calendar give bi-directio=
anl sync'ing of clendar entries or am I wrong?  I only get thing sync'ed fr=
om Google server calendar into my Lightning Home calendar but not the other=
 way round - so uni-directional!  I get the same result on which ever one o=
f my PCs I use!
>=20
>=20
>=20
> Does anyone know a fix for this??
>=20
>=20
>=20
> Thanks Steve
>=20
>=20
>=20
> Just for information I am running Zone Alarm (deatils below) and have tri=
ed turning off but see no difference!
>=20
> ZoneAlarm with Antivirus version: 11.0.000.038

Bump.  I'm interested in a solution to this issue, as well.
0
chris

Provider for Google Calendar & Google (calendar) sync
What is "Provider for Google Calendar" based on? I "GDATA Provider" page, it's simply stated as "utilizing Google Data Protocol". I suddenly asked this question is because I came across the news that a blog from Google (http://googleblog.blogspot.ca/2012/12/winter-cleaning.html) was talking about removing Google (calendar) sync. If "Provider for Google Calendar" is based on Google (Calendar) sync, then it is necessary to write a statement on its home page to tell people that the addon will not work. On 17.12...

Events in Lightning and Google Calendar disappeared after upgrade to Provider for Google Calendar 1.0.2
24.6.0: Thunderbird 2.6.6: Lightning 1.02: Provider for Google Calendar (updated) I updated my Provider for Google Calendar early yesterday when my synced ca= lendars stopped syncing. I had no apparent issues with the update. I had = the initial login screen I've seen described which I've never seen before, = but after a long wait, Thuderbird and Lightning came to life. All was well= yesterday (so far as I know). Then today I went to delete a one-time even= t for next month which I had just viewed a few days ago, and it wasn't ther= e. I attempted to resync them...

google calendar & Lightning & provider for google calendar
I try to synchronise Google Calendar with my Lightning extension via the Provider for Google Calendar extension; Everything works well for my main Google agenda. However, I have 2 agendas and only one gets synchronised. Does anyone here uses Google Calendar with 2 agendas and gets both synchronised with Lightning ? TIA ftr On 19/07/09 12:09, ftr wrote: > I try to synchronise Google Calendar with my Lightning extension via the > Provider for Google Calendar extension; Everything works well for my > main Google agenda. However, I have 2 agendas and only one gets >...

Google Calendars + Provider for Google Calendar Add-on = broken?
The two Google calendars i had set up with write access via the Provider for Google Calendar add-on(1) stopped working a few days ago. I'm getting the following error dialog: ----------------- An error was encountered preparing the calendar located at http://www.google.com/calendar/ical/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx%40group.calendar.google.com/private-yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy/basic.ics for use. It will not be available. Error Number: 0xType error: Components.classes["@mozilla.org/calendar/calendar/;1?type=" + type]is undefined Description: TypeError: Compo...

syncing to google calendars, or online calendars
Name: Ian O'Neill Email: ioneillatemaildotuncdotedu Product: Sunbird Summary: syncing to google calendars, or online calendars Comments: I am generally thrilled with the functionality and ease of sunbird as a stand alone product. It has been extremely easy to start, customize, etc. Where the usefulness wears off, however, is when syncing to google calendars. My basic problem is that when using the "subscribe to remote calendar" feature is used, the user must add a new calendar on sunbird. This does not make any sense to me. The remote calendar should be treated...

Publishing calendar *from* Lightning *to* Google Calendar
Dear all, I have several local calendars with thousands of events. I want to keep them local. However, I would like to publish, from times to times, some of these calendars into Google Calendar. I have tried the "Publish..." feature of Lightning (right mouse click a calendar -> "Publish...") but could not figure out what address to put there. After checking several Web sites, I have tried: https://www.google.com/calendar/dav/[calid]/events http://www.google.com/calendar/dav/[calid]/events https://www.google.com/calendar/dav/[calid]/user with ...

Google Calendar and Gnome Calendar
Hi, I found a nice trick in gnome calendar. This calendar can be synchronized with Google's calendar. I found the explanation in the website below: 'Cagdas’s Blog � Blog Archive � Google Calendar & Gnome' (http://altinkaya.org/wp/linux/google-calendar-gnome/) Unfortunately, it seems to not work in openSuse 11. Someone knows how can I made the same thing in openSuse 11? The problem is the path. There is no /usr/lib/evolution-webcal in openSuse. Maybe I just have to change the path, but I didn't find anything like it. Thanks in advance for the...

Calendar changes don't show unless Calendar is restarted.
I have a user with GW 6.5.7 on XP whose calendar will not show changes unless she restarts the calendar. It's someone else's calendar. It happens when she proxies in and opens a separate calendar, and also when she stays in her own account and uses the Multi calendar. She says that it's been doing this for about a week. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks, John John, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might...

T'bird with Lightning & Google Calendar Provider
Name: Product: Thunderbird Summary: T'bird with Lightning & Google Calendar Provider Comments: Hello-- I read in the Wiki that you are considering the bundling of Thunderbird with Lightning & the Google Calendar Provider add-ons. I whole-heartedly support this move. I run Thunderbird on three computers, and find the Lightning/Google Calendar Provider combo to be extremely powerful. I make one change to my calendar on one computer, the change instantaneously appears on the other two. I make a change on calendar.google.com from a PDA, and boom--it's on all...

Allow Sunbird to update your calendar and sync it with google calendar
Name: Sami Product: Sunbird Summary: Allow Sunbird to update your calendar and sync it with google calendar Comments: as above Browser Details: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1) ; .NET CLR 1.0.3705; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; Media Center PC 4.0; InfoPath.2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727) ...

How to get all the calendars displayed on my Google Calendar displayed in Lightning
I just installed Lightning and established communications with my Google calendar via calDAV. Now how do I get the other calendars that show up in Google into Thunderbird/Lightning? Thanks. Charles River wrote: > I just installed Lightning and established communications with my > Google calendar via calDAV. Now how do I get the other calendars that > show up in Google into Thunderbird/Lightning? Just subscribe to all your calendars as explained in the Google Calendar online help. The Calendar ID that needs to specified in the URL can be found in the Google Calendar...

Subscribe to a Google Calendar with Windows Calendar
Several folks have been asking about Google Calendar and Windows Calendar, and how to link them together. They're both using the icalendar format to store their calendar entries, so subscribing to a Google calendar should be pretty straight-forward. It is, once you know how to find the correct URL. In this exercise, you'll be sharing out your Google calendar, and subscribing to it inside Windows Calendar. http://blog.shawnlmorrissey.com/archives/2006/04/subscribe_to_a.html -- Regard: Joh@nnes � :-)) "If U know neither the enemy nor yourself,U will succumb in every bat...

How To Display Sunbird Calendar In Google Calendar
Would anyone be willing to provide DETAILED directions to : (a) display a Sunbird calendar in a Google calendar, and (b) to import a Sunbird calendar into a Google calendar? I've spent six hours trying to do this with no success!! Thanks very much - Zoe http://www.interrupt19.com/2009/11/23/get-ical-sunbird-lightning-calendar-into-google-calendar/ I spend < 6 minutes to find this... ...

Sync Lightning w/ Google calendar using Provider
Hi, Been trying to get this working all day... I'm using Lightning 0.9 and Provider 0.5.1 with Thunderbird version 2.0.0.21 I had synced Lightning with a Googlecalendar before but created a new account, and was planning on syncing several calendars using this new account with corresponding calendars within lightning. Problem was that it would only give me read only access, and would not write to my google calendar. I used instructions found at: http://bfish.xaedalus.net/?p=239 And, tried several times. uninstalling and reinstalling Provider several times. I also deleted any netwo...

Web resources about - Events sync'ed from Lightning HOME calendar to G-calendar using Provider for Google calendar don't transfer up to Google server calendar - mozilla.support.calendar