Password Security for Firefox (Can future version of Firefox pass all 21 security tests?)

Name:    HY Tan
Email:   elfelleatgmaildotcom
Product: Shiretoko

Comments:
http://news.softpedia.com/news/IE7-vs-Chrome-1-0-vs-Opera-9-62-vs-Firefox-3-0-4-vs-Safari-3-2-vs-Password-Security-100103.shtml

Above link is not based on 3.1b2 results but hope firefox can pass all
security tests to make it the leading secure browser. Speed is one area
but Security is another key area where it will attract more people to
switch to most secure browsers with the less loopholes :)

Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.1b2) Gecko/20081201 Firefox/3.1b2
From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/

see it.
0
HY

Firefox or not Firefox

Firefox 2.0.0.14 After security update Firefox report on every site it can't connect but IE7 can
Name: Ruud Email: ruuddotreinoldatbtinternetdotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 2.0.0.14 After security update Firefox report on every site it can't connect but IE7 can Comments: I installed the by Frefox 2.0.0.14 suggested security update. Since the restart it does not allow me to go to any webpage. No proxy settings, plain network connection. Can connect to intrnal and external sources throug Explorer and IE7. Started firefox in safe mode, but the same problem is there, so it does not seem to be related to any plugins The message Firefox displays is: ...

Image shown Firefox 3.0.4 pass 7 out of 21 security test vs other browsers
Name: HY Tan Email: elfelleatgmaildotcom Product: Shiretoko Summary: Image shown Firefox 3.0.4 pass 7 out of 21 security test vs other browsers Comments: http://news.softpedia.com/newsImage/IE7-vs-Chrome-1-0-vs-Opera-9-62-vs-Firefox-3-0-4-vs-Safari-3-2-vs-Password-Security-3.jpg Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.1b2) Gecko/20081201 Firefox/3.1b2 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to ...

Firefox Password Security...
I have been using the Mozilla Suite and have decided to give Firefox and Thunderbird a try. Although I don't use it all the time, I did make use of the Password Manager to store info for sites I frequented on a regular basis. The first thing I noticed is that I am able to encrypt the password and forms data files, but I did not see a similar option in Firefox. Please excuse my stupidity, but is this option available in Firefox or is it automatically done? I keep hearing how Firefox is suppose to be more secure, but this apparent difference concerns me. I have tried t...

How can I get firefox to not pop up with a window about new versions of firefox.
Bloody firefox idiots are creating popups when I am in the middle of doing something. Is there anything I can do to stop this? Or do I have to quit using firefox. Don't those people understand leaving people alone! Dan On Tue, 03 Jul 2007 22:05:54 -0700, in message <1183525554.628959.186720@w5g2000hsg.googlegroups.com>, dcaster@krl.org wrote: > Bloody firefox idiots are creating popups when I am in the middle of > doing something. Is there anything I can do to stop this? Of course there is. Go lo...

New Firefox versions should result in larger file versions that previous firefox versions
Name: Jeff Email: jturner_at_citadel.com Product: Firefox Summary: New Firefox versions should result in larger file versions that previous firefox versions Comments: I work for a company whose software does enterprise vulnerability management. I work with Windows and Windows applications. One of the things we do is install patches to products where needed. We rely on file versions because they are the best bet to know which version of an application is on the system (files are generally where the vulnerabilities reside). If a system�s registry gets �restored� or rolled ...

I can't access the secure http link(i.e. https://...) with the Firefox in test.
Name: hbzhzw Email: hbzhzwatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: I can't access the secure http link(i.e. https://...) with the Firefox in test. Comments: I don't know this is the fact that the test case can't access the secure http link, but I do hope that the firefox in test can also access this kind of link. Thanks! Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9) Gecko/2008051206 Firefox/3.0 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ ...

how secure is firefox password manager?
i really need a place to store all my usernames and passwords... is firefox pretty safe and secure? is the info encrypted? - any other suggestions for legit programs i could use? i'd like to be able to easily see the usernames and passwords to. not quite sure what im looking for tho.. just know what i need. ...

Increase in password security threats, Trojan stealing Firefox Passwords.
Name: Jamie Takurua Email: jtakuruaatsystem101dotcomdotau Product: Firefox Summary: Increase in password security threats, Trojan stealing Firefox Passwords. Comments: Backdoor trojan using Mozilla Firefox Components to steal passwords in Firefox. iamfamous.dll inserts itself into components folder. Very hard to find and remove, not all AV programs or malware removers can find it yet. Password security may need to be updated QUICKLY. I hope you can prevent future versions of this type of trojan. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.0.5) G...

Firefox uses Firefox.

Securing FireFox
A bit outdated but... <http://www.us-cert.gov/reading_room/securing_browser/#Mozilla_Firefox> Also see vulnerability posted by Crash: <http://www.kb.cert.org/vuls/id/393921> -- js Well, you can secure FireFox by using SafeZilla (www.safezilla.com). At last, if you have a properly configured PC the exploits won't harm you very much... oh, it can sandbox not only the browser, the email, the chat etc., but even olly/ida debuggeee... have fun ;) "Max" <max_cuneiform2@yahoo.it> wrote in message news:ervnju$1ul$1@news.grc.com... > W...

About Firefox security.
Hello Guys, My name is Carlos Alberto=85 I=92m working at the Bolsa de Valores = (Stock Exchange, http://www.bmv.com.mx ) of M=E9xico in some software that is = going to be used for the non repudiation of the exchange instructions. My team has put some pressure under supporting Firefox in our portal. = But this time that got us into a problem, it seems that the PKCS #7 = signature is different from Firefox than from IE and we haven=B4t being able to = detect how is it different (rather than the most obvious places) for us to tweak = our process. We are trying to validate t...

Firefox, meet the Firefox
Name: brooks Email: brooksonleyatyahoodotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox, meet the Firefox Comments: I don't know if this will go anywhere, but as both a die-hard Firefox user and an advocate for wildlife, I think it should be said.... As you may or may not know, "firefox" is the literal translation of the Chinese name for the Red Panda. Yes, the OTHER panda -- the cute, orange, raccoon-like one, not the big, black-and-white, bear-like one. Here is a link to an article at the National Wildlife Foundation [http://poprl.com/EIb], "Fighting for the Fi...

Web resources about - Password Security for Firefox (Can future version of Firefox pass all 21 security tests?) - mozilla.firefox.prerelease

Password strength - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Password strength is a measure of the effectiveness of a password in resisting guessing and brute-force attacks. In its usual form, it estimates ...

California Employers, College Administrators Can’t Ask For Facebook Passwords
As the link between Facebook usage and work comes under closer scrutiny, several states have made it a law that employers cannot request social ...

Protecting Your Passwords and Your Privacy
Facebook and Privacy hat eine Notiz mit dem Titel Protecting Your Passwords and Your Privacy geschrieben. Du kannst den vollständigen Text hier ...

New Facebook Security Features: One-Time Passwords, Security Info
Facebook has launched two new security features to help users stay in control of their accounts. Users can now receive a one-time password from ...

Newest ransomware pilfers passwords before encrypting gigabytes of data
A new wave of crypto ransomware is hitting Windows users courtesy of poorly secured websites. Those sites are infected with Angler, the off-the-shelf ...

The traditional password won't exist in 10 years
Security professionals are increasingly moving beyond passwords towards alternative authentication methods according to a new survey. The study ...

Deutsche Bank is considering killing passwords to making online banking safer
Deutsche Bank is considering scrapping traditional passwords in favour of thumbprint technology, facial recognition, and smart tech that knows ...

Old database dump from Nexus Mods circulating in criminal circles: Change password
Nexus Mods, a gaming site which has mods for 216 games , warned users about a “ potential database breach ” after a Reddit user was alerted by ...

Change your passwords: NexusMods suffers database breach
I hope you've got your password strategies down because you'll have to think up a new one if you've got an account at Nexus Mods, the popular ...

Time Warner Cable CEO Not Worried About Password Sharing -
Charter CEO Tom Rutledge recently complained that the company views HBO password sharing as " stealing ," and that the industry needs to seriously ...