Firefox 4 b8 - Tab Groups - Poorly Designed Interface

Name:    Gregg
Email:   destinationg-bizatyahoodotcom
Product: Firefox Release Candidate

Comments:
I am a software developer and know good design so please take that into
account when you read this.

I had 30 tabs open and lost them all because I somehow (perhaps I hit
the wrong key) ended up with a user interface I could not recognize and
tried everything to get my browser back.  I ended up losing all my tabs
and spending over an hour until I finally figured out how to get the web
browser back.

I figured out that I ended up in the Tab Group interface but it is so
separate and different and unrelated to the normal interface that it is
very confusing.  And there is no obvious visual to show you how you got
there or how to get back.

Very bad user interface design.  This should really be changed to pop up
in a separate dialog box or something.

Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:2.0b8) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0b8
From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/

see it.
0
Gregg

Firefox or not Firefox

Firefox Beta 4
Name: Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox Beta 4 - Firefox utton Comments: Is it possible to reorder, remove or add menu points at the new firefox button? BIG THX FOR ANSWERS Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:2.0b1) Gecko/20100630 Firefox/4.0b1 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

Firefox Button on Firefox 4 Beta.
Name: Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox Button on Firefox 4 Beta. Comments: I want the Firefox button also on Windows XP Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2.8) Gecko/20100722 Firefox/3.6.8 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

[ANNOUNCE] Firefox 4 and Firefox Mobile (Fennec) 4 getting ready on l10n-central.
Hi, this is a call out for all localizers who have been waiting for Firefox 4 (desktop and mobile) to get stable. Stable we are, at least as stable as it gets. Strings are frozen for both applications, up to nits around the current betas, update 7 for desktop, update 2 for mobile. As you probably seen from posts on planet and elsewhere, Firefox 4 and in particular Gecko 2 carries a ton of really cool stuff. But not all is going as planned, so we're throwing plans away and do new ones. * We're not going to make any plans depending on the 2.0 branch * That branch...

Firefox version 4.0b, firefox extentions
It's not compatible with this version of Firefox. I can't uninstall this from add-ons. How do uninstall it? -- lord_valarian ------------------------------------------------------------------------ I am just leaving it there, hoping that the opensuse folk come up with an updated version that works. -- -using openSuSE 11.4; KDE 4.6.0- ------------------------------------------------------------------------ nrickert's Profile: http://forums.opensuse.org/member.php?userid=49759 View this thread: http://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php?t=456313 I&#...

firefox 3 and firefox 4 beta with ask
Name: nick Tam Email: nickdottamatziggodotnl Product: Firefox Summary: firefox 3 and firefox 4 beta with ask Comments: both versions have installed "ASK" as search engine, which proves impossible to remove. Uninstalling firefox and reinstalling anew still has "ASK" as starting page. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:2.0b10) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0b10 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for th...

Firefox 4 #4
Name: Stephen LaRusso Email: slarussoathotmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 4 Comments: Hi, I just read info on the new FF on nexus404.com/Blog/2009/12/24/firefox-4-ui-mockup-revealed. I am disappointed that Mozilla feels compelled to go down the same road as MS and Google regarding their interface. The 'Ribbon' is a thing best left to MS since they like messing up a good product, and I tried Chrome for about 10 minutes and then dropped it because I disliked the interface, not user friendly. I will stick with FF 3.5.6 until any future version beyond 4 ...

Firefox 4 #4
Firefox 4 runs good on Ubuntu. -- Just West Of Nowhere ...

every time you open firefox beta 4 browser it opens start pages for beta 4,auto pager, x marks, stumble upon. beta 4 will not let me pick home page, i use igoogle, browser set only to firefox, not goo
Name: joseph goebel Email: joe-3atcomcastdotnet Product: Firefox Release Candidate Summary: every time you open firefox beta 4 browser it opens start pages for beta 4,auto pager, x marks, stumble upon. beta 4 will not let me pick home page, i use igoogle, browser set only to firefox, not good. Comments: all noted above. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.4; en-US; rv:1.9.1b4) Gecko/20090423 Firefox/3.5b4 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provid...

Firefox within Firefox
For a short time now (likely since upgrading to FF 1.5.02) I've noticed that when running a Firefox session, ZA will popup a notice that Firefox -- verified the same exe as the running one -- is "trying to access the internet." This is confusing because it's already accessing the internet, thanks much. However, the destination IP is always along the lines of 206.141.192.60:DNS, which translates to dns1.chcgil.sbcglobal.net, part of my ISP. So I've been saying yes. But I'm wondering why of a sudden this access is taking place, or being questioned, or what...

Firefox Beta 4 & Firefox Beta 5
Name: Michael Lubinski Email: michaeldotlubinskiatcnsiwidotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox Beta 4 & Firefox Beta 5 Comments: When i access this link: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/products_security_advisory09186a008096986d.shtml Firefox Beta 4 and Beta 5 hang up causing Firefox to crash. However, 2.0.0.12 does not. I have not tried other pages within that domain. It does it every time without fail. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.8.1.12) Gecko/20080201 Firefox/2.0.0.12 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ ...

Firefox, and Firefox Portable
Name: Brian Email: silverdragona1ataol Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox, and Firefox Portable Comments: Feedback. After several hefty fallouts with AOL, and the complete dogs dinner we are presented with that they claim is worthy of using, be it the AOL9 browser, I decided to try Firefox.... I am very annoyed. Why?... because stupidly, I had not tried Firefox EARLIER.... I have now replaced AOL9 completely on all the family computers with Firefox... I am also TOTALLY bewildered as to how you can get a fully functioning Firefox to run on a USB Flash Drive......... I...

Firefox uses Firefox.

Firefox, meet the Firefox
Name: brooks Email: brooksonleyatyahoodotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox, meet the Firefox Comments: I don't know if this will go anywhere, but as both a die-hard Firefox user and an advocate for wildlife, I think it should be said.... As you may or may not know, "firefox" is the literal translation of the Chinese name for the Red Panda. Yes, the OTHER panda -- the cute, orange, raccoon-like one, not the big, black-and-white, bear-like one. Here is a link to an article at the National Wildlife Foundation [http://poprl.com/EIb], "Fighting for the Fi...

Web resources about - Firefox 4 b8 - Tab Groups - Poorly Designed Interface - mozilla.firefox.prerelease

Interface - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

iOS 9 How-To: Use the updated multitasking interface on iPhone and iPad
Ever since Apple made the move to a more ‘flat’ design with iOS 7 , the multitasking interface has changed in either a minor or major way with ...

Google streamlining Hangouts on the web with interface tweaks, higher quality video
Google has announced some updates coming to Hangouts video calls on the web, including a tweaked interface, along with faster, crisper full-screen ...

Dictionary.com Dictionary & Thesaurus goes 7.0 with interface improvements
... especially for longtime users of the app like me. Fortunately, here comes version 7.0 of the app to the rescue with a handful of welcome interface ...

Disney CEO & Apple board member Bob Iger calls Apple TV best television interface ever
... Executive Bob Iger said in an interview on Monday, praising Apple for creating what he believes is the most intuitive television user interface ...

Firefox 43 adds new block list, updates Android user interface
Mozilla has rolled out Firefox 43 FINAL for Windows, Mac and Linux, with Firefox 43 for Android due to follow imminently. The desktop build ...

Google Updates Search Interface For Tablets
It looks like Google updated the search interface for tablets and switched to the mobile UI. The previous tablet interface was an interesting ...

Day of the Tentacle Remastered's slick interface works flawlessly
When we learned at the PlayStation Experience keynote that Day of the Tentacle Remastered was releasing March 2016, I wrote that it had been ...

Google Camera Receiving Update for Android 6.0+ Devices, Includes New Interface
Google Camera , Mountain View’s in-house shooter software for Android devices, is receiving an update to build 3.1. Inside, the new UI that is ...

Collaborative User Interface From 'Minority Report' Is Here Today
NEWS ANALYSIS: The computer user interface as seen in the movie "Minority Report"—the ultimate in collaborative environments—is available now, ...