ColdFusion Session Variables Getting Lost

Name:    Randy
Email:   randyatgetsetdotcom
Product: Firefox Release Candidate

Comments:
I am a ColdFusion Programmer and just downloaded Firefox 3.0.
Twice in the last twenty four hours my ColdFusion session variables have
suddenly disappeared.
It is possible they timed out.
They have a two hour limit set but typically they persist two hours from
last use it is possible they are timing out two hours from their creation.

Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X 10.4; en-US; rv:1.9) Gecko/2008051202 Firefox/3.0
From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/
0
Randy

Session Variables getting lost
Hi I have a Parent Page called Parent.aspx in which i have a Grid View which has a column in which button is placed from which i am opening a Pop Up Window(Page) named Child.aspx. Before opening th pop up i assigning a DataTable to a Session variable so that i can access the DataTable in Child.aspx which can be accessed.Now I have created the 2nd DataTable in Parent.aspx for which the rows are added in the child.aspx page. The 2nd DataTable need to maintain all the rows which are added in child.aspx page. but unfortunately i am not getting  the DataTable from the Session .If i make...

session variable gets lost
Hi! I have a session variable, and I set the Session.timeout=120; but after a while (not even 30 mins )it got lost and had errors cause of that in the app_code, where I have a function that takes as parameter the session variable value. Thank for any advice. Firstly make sure you are never overwriting the session variable.Another thing would be if the web server is low on resources it may drop some session items.  Make sure in the web.config file the session timeout is set properly     <sessionState timeout="120"/>Check below link for more info ht...

Get Session Variable from Coldfusion APP
Hi,I need to do my (LDAP) authentication through coldfusion.  So, what I do is check for the Session Variable "strUSER" in my asp.net which is set into session if the authorization comes back TRUE, however when I am redirected back from the coldfusion page,  the session variable is null. Here is my code: If IsDBNull(Session("strUSER")) Then lblAuth.Text = Session("strUSER").ToString() Else lblAuth.Text = "You are not logged in." End If  Am I missing something? Thanks. If I...

Session variables lost in IE but not in Firefox
i am writing a application. but i have a problem. My Project's tree is like this +Default.aspx (include username and password box and login button)   |--test1.aspx  (include just a picture)   |--test2.aspx  (include just a picture) Application runs on Win2000 Server. IIS 5.0 Client is WinXP Pro. in default.aspx.vb ...... dim _user as User If Login(txtUserName.Text, txtPassword.Text) Then             user.UserName = txtUserName.Text             Session.Add("Use...

Session variable value gets lost
I am using asp.net 3.0 with C#. My web application requires some values that is used across my User Controls. These values are pertaining to the login user name and User type. When each user is logged in I store that username and user type in a session variable and whenever i need to used it like in a query I just called the string variable that is assigned to the Session variable. My problem is sometimes my session object/ string variable loses its value and I am wondering is there another way of storing my User's credential so that the value will not be lost until the User closes his/h...

session variable gets lost when calling a class
 HiI have a wierd problem that I am really struggling with I have a session variable session("userid") that I use throughout a site with no problems I am using a class to upload a file , the class is called on the on_click event of a button when this class is called , the class works fine , does nothing unusual and does not use session variables , after the call to the class has done its thing the session("userid") is set to nothing ?Does anyone know why this might be happening ? thanks    How are you accessing the Session in the class? Make sure you are...

Last variables stored in Session get lost when redirecting to _target page.
 We have a session object that holds certain data - on our last panel of our panel wizard we ask two questions: checkbox :  Use pre-printed paper?radioBox:  Most recent test                    All past tests we save those two variables to our session like several other variables that we have saved. This then Redirects to a _target page that builds our report.  HOWEVER, alot of the time (AND NOT ALWAYS) these last two variables do not get populated to our session?  If I debug and...

How to get session variable value into a static variable
Hi, On page preinit i am adding few session variables. Now i want to retrive these session variable values into my static variables. protected void Page_PreInit(object sender, EventArgs e) {Session.Add("T", "Default"); Session.Add("T1", "Red"); Session.Add("T2", "Blue");   }   i have few static variables which shud contain these vaules.  public string TT; public string TT1; public string TextForeColor =sess = "#FFFFFF";   i want to get T value into TT ... T1 into TT1..and so on &n...

getting a new session id and losing session variables
prb: I have two pages in my app - one on redirect and the other as a new window - that get a new session id from every other page in the app (they both get the same session id) and obviously the session state variables are lost and, therefore, the pages do not look like they should.  All pages are within the same domain and virtual directory. 1. a redirect; session variables are lost; session id is different from the previous page; if you click the BACK button you return to the previous page and the session id is the same as before and the session variables are as they should be2. ...

Cannot get to firefox from thunderbird-cannot get to firefox at all.
Name: Sharon O'Hara Email: familien1_at_wavecable.com Product: Firefox Summary: Cannot get to firefox from thunderbird-cannot get to firefox at all. Comments: Thunderbird freezes up, Windows offers a file an error report and I'm shut down. I got here -now- through IE - why will IE work when Firefox won't? Sharon O'Hara Browser Details: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322) ...

Session variables are lost with every request even though session persists
Hi, I am new to .NET and this is my first application with session state management. I am using .NETs login controls and database for login/password security management. I have a folder called "secure" which requires the user to login. The login page itself is out site this folder. Once a correct a correct login/password are provided I store the UserID in session and redirect to next page inside "secure" folder.The problem is that session["userID"] is null on the next page even though Context.Session is not. I tried to add UserID in session again on a page inside "secure" folder but that to...

My session variables get cleared session is alive when code is changed in the class files.
Dear Friends,I am working on visual studio 2005. I have written some forms which are using some classes. I keep on making changes in form code. Session variables retain their values. But when a minor change is done in the class file, session variables are cleared of where as the session is alive.Please help me in troubleshooting this.Thanks in advance.Best Regards,Fazal.  You are saying right. Store static values during development like    page_load         Session("variable")=value  check some articleshttp://www.co...

Session variables lost
Hi All, I have a page where I am stroing Reporting document in my session and displaying the same report in next page after using response.redirect. But I my session variables are lost sometimes on my test machine. It is working perfectly well on my local host. Can anyone tell me where the problem is? Following is my code:  Protected Sub btnPreview_Click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles btnPreview.Click Dim strReportURL As String If pvblnCreateReportData() = True Then 'strReportURL = System.Configuration.ConfigurationManager.A...

Session variables being lost
Hi all,Has anyone ever heard of session variables just disappearing (equal to Nothing) like they'd never been defined?I just did my first ASP.Net/VB project, a small app on my company's intranet site.  It works great for more than 100 users, but when you get to the app on one lady's laptop (regardless of who's logged onto the laptop) it fails with a NullReferenceException.  It turns out that all of the Session("variables") = Nothing... they're being lost between page displays.  The session vars are a string, an integer, a ...

Web resources about - ColdFusion Session Variables Getting Lost - mozilla.firefox.prerelease

ColdFusion - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In computing , ColdFusion is the name of a commercial rapid web application development platform invented by Jeremy and JJ Allaire in 1995. (The ...

Open Directory - Computers: Programming: Internet: ColdFusion
Adobe ColdFusion - Publishers of ColdFusion. Product description, support, knowledgebase, FAQ, news, and updates. About.com on Cold Fusion - ...

An interview with ColdFusion co-creator Jeremy Allaire
... our series of investigations into interesting programming languages Computerworld talks to one of the creators of web development tool, ColdFusion ...

Adobe patches vulnerabilities in ColdFusion, Flex and Flash Player, including a zero-day flaw
Adobe Systems released security patches Tuesday for ColdFusion, Flex and Flash Player, the latter addressing a flaw for which is an exploit is ...

New victims inducted into botnet preying on websites running ColdFusion
... that collects payment card data and other sensitive information by preying on websites running poorly secured installations of Adobe's ColdFusion ...

ColdFusion becomes latest Adobe attack vector, again
... the way. Last week Reader was under attack . Now this week brings a new security flaw, and also a new (or old) target in the form of ColdFusion, ...

Adobe warns of actively exploited ColdFusion flaws
Adobe Systems warned users of its ColdFusion application server software that hackers are reportedly exploiting unpatched vulnerabilities in ...

Coldfusion Articles on Engadget
Coldfusion articles, stories, news and information.

Adobe ColdFusion 10: Eight Reasons Developers Need to Use It
On May 15, Adobe Systems officially released Adobe ColdFusion 10 software, the companys premier server-side technology designed to allow developers ...

Urgent security patches for ColdFusion, Adobe Reader, Acrobat and Flash
Adobe's May Patch Tuesday brings a flurry of security updates that close various critical security holes. Administrators who manage ColdFusion ...