Why does it take so long to START the download process???

Name:    Carl
Email:   lcm_at_entouch.net
Product: Firefox

Comments:
Why does it take so long to START the download process? No matter what
version of Firefox that I've used (even re-installing OS X to even it's
most current version; 10.4.7) it STILL takes up to a minute to START
downloading the file. Mind you, this has happened now for more than a
year now. This also has nothing to do with the Cable Provider we're
using, because we moved from New York to Texas, and the same thing is
still happening. The downloads are fast and working fine, just the START
time to get it going is taking WAY TOO LONG. Mind you, I use Safari to
download the same exact files and it IMMEDIATELY starts the download
process. So, if you can, PLEASE HELP !!! Thank you in advance for
whatever input you can give. Carl...

Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X Mach-O; en-US; rv:1.8.1b1) Gecko/20060710 Firefox/2.0b1
0
Carl