Used to use Firefox exclusively, and did so for years...now I use IE

Name:    Tom Jenkins
Email:   jinxter69atgmaildotcom
Product: Firefox

Comments:
Due to the fact that NSIS media extensions keep finding their way onto
my systems whenever I use firefox (yes, I download programs from
download.com) and I am sick of seeing these NSIS popups that Firefox
allows, I have switched back to using IE.  With IE I no longer have to
worry about NSFW adds popping up on my rigs.  Until you have fixed this
large bug, I will not be using Firefox at all.

Sincerely,

Tom Jenkins

Browser Details: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; Media Center PC 5.0; .NET CLR 3.0.04506; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)
0
Tom

When to use ( and when to use ((?
I'm just not getting it. When do you use ( in a statement, when do you need to use ((, and is the space after either or both mandatory? For example, I coded this statement: if (( $_ eq $bad_guys_ip )) { more_stuff_here }; Why the two (( in an if? And why does it seem to not work when I miss the space after the ((? Thanx! Mark me as... /Corn-fused|Dense/ > I'm just not getting it. >=20 > When do you use ( in a statement, when do you need to use ((, and is > the space after either or both mandatory? >=20 > For example, I coded this sta...

Using Using
I have just completed reading a chapter in my book on performance. The books says to speed up performance on your web site you should use the using statement when opening connections. My question is how do you catch errors if you are using this as apposed to a try catch block.thanksBryan  Why would you use it as an alternative to a try/catch statement. Couldn't you just do something like  public void UsingSomeMethod() { try { SomeMethod(); } catch(SomeException e) { /// do something useful }}public void SomeMethod() { using (Something) { ...

I used to use Firefox until...
Name: Dan Product: Firefox Summary: I used to use Firefox until... Comments: Firefox takes forever to load now, even the absolute newest version. It has become clunky and everyone I know has moved on to another browser. I prefer Chrome. I suggest adding some sort of configuration optimization tool as well as toolbar/add-on install/hijack prevention. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US) AppleWebKit/525.19 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/1.0.154.53 Safari/525.19 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a re...

How to use the arguments to use() in the package being used
Howdy,=20 The subject says it all believe it or not :) What I'm trying to figure out is how to pass an argument=20 (pragma I believe is the proper term) to use() and do=20 sonethign in the package based on it. I've looked at CGI.pm source but can't seem to track it down.=20 (Similar idea as to CGIs -oldstyle_urls -newstyel_urls) http://search.cpan.org/~lds/CGI.pm-3.04/CGI.pm#PRAGMAS What I'd like to do is something like this: # for old time's sake we'll just use our favorite module use Foo::Monkey qw(:Foo :Bar -doamazingthings); #then in Foo::Monkey...

I have LOVED firefox and have been using it exclusively for about 3 years now...BUT...
Name: matt Email: mmg1500atgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: I have LOVED firefox and have been using it exclusively for about 3 years now...BUT... Comments: This latest version does not let me edit how I like my toolbars. I can't put the navigate buttons up where the menu bar is and I can't move my search bar or anything. PLEASE fix this! Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.0.8) Gecko/2009032609 Firefox/3.0.8 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a respon...

Reportviewer working over ssl(fortress) using Firefox, but not over ssl using IE
Hello,I have a local report - using the reportviewer control - being displayed to internet users over an ssl connection (Fortress).  The report works find in Safari and Firefox web browsers, but does not display in I.E. What happens is the reportviewer acts like it is going to display the report properly, but as soon as the "Report is being Generated" message ends, the report viewer control tool bar drops to the bottom of the page effectively not showing the report.  I can click export on the tool bar - that works as expected and allows me to download the report as an excel or pdf ...

why to use 1)use CGI,2)use Strict ,3)use Carp in script
hi why we r using 1)use CGI, 2)use Strict, 3)use Carp in the begining of script sometimes. What is the use of it.Is the files CGI.pm,Strict.pm,Carp.pm default with PERL. Thnx __________________________________________________ Do You Yahoo!? Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around http://mail.yahoo.com On Thu, 2004-11-04 at 09:31, supriya devburman wrote: > hi Hi > why we r using > 1)use CGI, We only use CGI when we want to use methods from that module (usually on web pages); see `perldoc CGI` for more information on what you...

I have been happily using firefox, now, suddenly, cannot get in, browse or use my email or anything to do with firefox. I have downloaded new version and still no result. Is there a "worm" against fir
Name: judith nelson Email: jitkaauatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: I have been happily using firefox, now, suddenly, cannot get in, browse or use my email or anything to do with firefox. I have downloaded new version and still no result. Is there a "worm" against firefox? Comments: There is no response to any firefox tabs when i click on them, however, the apple safari tabs work fine and so do internet explorer tabs, which keep asking me to select them as the default - I have reset everything to do with making firefox my default browser and have installed an...

after using firefox several minute not immiedietly though i cant use win 7 task bar hover to check tim/date whil using any new firefox beta
Name: Product: Firefox Summary: after using firefox several minute not immiedietly though i cant use win 7 task bar hover to check tim/date whil using any new firefox beta Comments: v Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:2.0b2) Gecko/20100720 Firefox/4.0b2 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

To use or not to use Delphi

When to use/not use ViewState
I'm creating a client app and I'm wondering is it neccessary to enable viewstate for "All" the fields. When should you use viewstate and when should you "NOT" use viewstate. Thanks.Daniel It depends on your requirements. if you dont need to preserve the contents of inputboxes past the initial post then dont turn on viewstate for them. you could take the approach of turning off viewstate for everything, and then turn it back on item by item as you find you need it. It shouldnt just be enabled for everything as it does make the page heavier - especially with ...

FreeAndNil to use or not to use
After reading these debates about FreeAndNil I separated the people into two categories: The first one says: "You should have a perfect design which prohibits errors from happening. So, if you have a perfect design then FreeAndNil is not necessary so you should not use it. If we see FreeAndNil in your code then it means that your design is not perfect." The second one says: "Yes, we agree that we should have a perfect design which prohibits errors from happening and we do our best in order to create a perfect design. However our practice says that it is better ...

How to use net use?
Please can any one tell me how to use the dos command net use properly? I have read the help but can't seem to get it to work. Keep getting sytax error message. Thanks in advance. "Beowulf" <who-knows@no-one.com> wrote in message news:9krutk$puu$1@news.grc.com... > Please can any one tell me how to use the dos command net use properly? > > I have read the help but can't seem to get it to work. Keep getting sytax > error message. what are you trying to do? There are about 50 options to "net use" that do a ton of different thin...

To use signatures or not to use?
--001a11c3871a8a8fe2051b7b8b18 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8 Dear all, Perl now has subroutine signatures. However, they are marked as experimental feature. As I really like it, I'm always tempted to use it. On the other hand, I don't want to wast efforts to something I have to roll back. So, does anyone know the tendency if signatures are going to stay? I'm not looking for the standard "do if you want to do it because TIMTOWTDI" answer, it will not help me. I'm looking for rumors, or eventually an assessment from the people who did the fe...

Web resources about - Used to use Firefox exclusively, and did so for years...now I use IE - mozilla.feedback

Five Short Films Based on ‘Twilight’ Characters to Debut Exclusively on Facebook
... Stephenie Meyer announced that five short films based on Twilight characters, helmed by aspiring female directors, will debut next year, exclusively ...

Rand Fishkin - This page is setup exclusively to test... - Facebook
This page is setup exclusively to test whether Google will index/rank a page based solely on Facebook shares. Please don't tweet, share on LinkedIn, ...

Zynga Now Officially Using Credits Exclusively in Most of Its Facebook Games
... that began in earnest last year, Facebook has gotten Zynga, the largest social game developer on its platform, to start using Credits exclusively ...

Knitsy Magazine: The new interactive knitting magazine designed exclusively for the tablet & phone on ...
Get Knitsy Magazine: The new interactive knitting magazine designed exclusively for the tablet & phone on the App Store. See screenshots and ...

Social Entrepreneur Ido Leffler Launches New Line of School Supplies Exclusively at Target - YouTube
Co-founded by Ido Leffler and launching exclusively at Target this week, Yoobi is a dynamic school supply brand that helps students in need. ...

Dolce & Gabbana’s Portofino collection available online exclusively at Net-a-porter
If you can’t make the hop to picturesque Portofino in Italy’s Tigullio Gulf this summer, then add a vibrant piece inspired by the town to your ...

Two MIT Grads Founded A Startup That Almost Exclusively Employs People On The Autism Spectrum
Mark Leslie is a capable computer programmer who speaks four languages, but until recently the latest entry on his résumé was a retail job he ...

John Howard speaks exclusively to Fairfax about life after politics
Seven years after being voted out of office, John Howard still misses politics, but he is as active as ever. He talks to Jane Cadzow.

The world famous smoked meat available exclusively at all Quebec IGA supermarkets: Come home to Schwartz's ...
MONTREAL , Feb. 28, 2013 /CNW Telbec/ - More than 80 years after first opening its doors, Montreal institution Schwartz's deli is bringing its ...