Upgrade to Firefox renders Firefox unable to connect to internet.

Name:    Ken Rutledge
Email:   k-l-rutledge
Product: Firefox

Comments:
I was quite happy using Firefox 1.05.0.2 and had no problems. I had
Firefox set for automatic downloads. When the upgrade to 1.05.0.5 was
downloaded, I let Firefox install it. Big mistake. After upgrade, I
could not contect the interenet. Afterwards I spent frustrating hours
trying to understand why not. Finally, I used Internet Explorer to find
version 1.05.02 again, downloaded and installed, and was able to
connect. However I forgot to turn off automatic updates. So when
Firefox told me it had an upgrade, I decided to let in install. Big
mistake No.2. It rendered me unable to connect again. So I unstalled,
reinstalled the older version, and problem was fixed. I've turned off
automatic updates. The problem is evidently caused by the upldate.

I'm running WinXP with all updates, Firefox 1.05.0.2 for now, with
Trend-Micro P-cillin, latest version, which came on my new Dell computer
purchased a few months ago. If this is not the place to report probems
like this, please forward it.

Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.0.2) Gecko/20060308 Firefox/1.5.0.2
0
Ken

Firefox or not Firefox

Firefox unable to unable to connect
Firefox starts but comes up with the messsage, "Unable to connect, Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at....." I ran Netscape 8.1 and it works fine. Network connection settings for both browsers are set for auto detect settings for this network. This started happening before I loaded Netscape (loaded to get around this problem) and have uninstalled and reloaded firefox serveral times and different versions but still no go. Any ideas? Thanks Neil Neil wrote: > Firefox starts but comes up with the messsage, "Unable to connect, Firefox ...

Upgrade to Firefox (Firefox 3)
Name: Bill Dunlop Email: billdunlopatpostmasterdotcodotuk Product: Firefox Summary: Upgrade to Firefox (Firefox 3) Comments: Taking up your offer to 'upgrade' to Firefox 3 is possibly one of my poorer decisions- my principal issue is with the browser which not only added two (or was it three?) bookmarks not loaded into my browser bar, but deleted several. I use the browser for online news and professional purposes, with the FT, Independent, Guardian, Herald, Scotsman and Aljezeera, in my browser along with University of Edinburgh home page, postmaster.co.uk (email pr...

How to upgrade from Firefox 1 to Firefox 2
Name: Koti Reddy Email: kotionline_at_gmail.com Product: Firefox Summary: How to upgrade from Firefox 1 to Firefox 2 Comments: Hi, I installed firefox 1 long back. Now I have the following version. "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.0.8) Gecko/20061025 Firefox/1.5.0.8" How can I upgrade from the avove version to Firefox 2? I don't want to over-install Firefox 2 on top of above firefox version. I think it is better if you send updates for firefox 2 version also. Regards, Koti. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT...

Upgrading from Firefox 3 to Firefox 2
Name: Not Necessary Product: Firefox Summary: Upgrading from Firefox 3 to Firefox 2 Comments: Yes, you read that correctly. I'm disappointed with firefox 3. I liked the address bar better in firefox 2, and would like an option in 3 to keep that behavior. Also, 3 seems to run noticeably slower than 2 when playing flash files. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.6) Gecko/2009011913 Firefox/3.0.6 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to ...

Firefox 3 with a firefox 2 rendering?
Name: John Norton Email: jukebox42atgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 3 with a firefox 2 rendering? Comments: Hi, I'm a web developer and love Firefox. It provides the easiest methods of testing and debugging my code. My only concern would be that Firefox 3 has improved its rendering. I cant comfortably run Firefox 2 and Firefox 3 on the same machine because they both occupy the same add-on space( i get the "searching for compatible versions" dialog box every time i open ether version and i cant have different versions of the same add-on installed....

After the latest Firefox upgrade I am unable to locate the bookmarks I had before the upgrade...
Name: Charles Taylor Email: chastayloratcoxdotnet Product: Firefox Summary: After the latest Firefox upgrade I am unable to locate the bookmarks I had before the upgrade... Comments: I'm running the current Vista (Ultra Home) OS and after the current Firefox upgrade, installed at browser run time, I am unable to locate my bookmarks... It looks like the default bookmark set... I looked in C:\users\Charles\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles and located a set of bookmarks with earlier dates but all of the sets are of the same size and content. The other thing that I ...

Firefox
When I start firefox it immediately connects to my ISP. I want it to act similarly to my mail-reader (TheBat) to connect only on command ("get new headers" button). Looked around everywhere (Tools | Options|General ) but could not find where to set it up this way. BTW using 0.9.2 Thanks in Advance Peter Peter Kerekes wrote: > When I start firefox it immediately connects to my ISP. > > I want it to act similarly to my mail-reader (TheBat) to connect only on > command ("get new headers" button). > > Looked around everywhere (Tools ...

feedback for upgrade to firefox
Name: Carolyn Email: cd2006fairatyahoodotcom Product: Firefox Summary: feedback for upgrade to firefox Comments: I like Firefox because of security it offers. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1b2) Gecko/20081201 Firefox/3.1b2 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

Firefox unable to connect
I have problem with firefox being unable to open any web site, although IE has no problem. Can u help please? * Doug wrote, On 3/25/2008 06:11: > I have problem with firefox being unable to open any web site, although IE > has no problem. > Can u help please? > > Do you mean that FF will not open any website? Not a single one? Or are you saying that it won't open one particular site. If so, please post that address. Miles On 3/25/2008 8:11 AM, Doug wrote: > I have problem with firefox being unable to open any web site, although IE > has n...

Unable to upgrade Firefox ?
Running SLES 10.2, my software updater is indicating since weeks that a few security upgrades for Firefox are available: -3.0.13 -3. -etc. Unfortunately, when I try to install these patches (starting from the first one: 3.0.13) it always fails because of dependencies problem (dependency resolution failed). For 3.0.13 upgrade, the error message the following (see also attached file): Unresolved dependencies: Updating patch:slesp2-MozillaFirefox-6381-0.noarch[System packages] to patch:slesp2-MozillaFirefox-6433-0.noarch[SLES10-SP2-Updates] atom:mozilla-xulrunner190-gnomevfs...

Unable to connect to Firefox
Name: Rolf Product: Thunderbird Summary: Unable to connect to Firefox Comments: Unable to connect the http links in my incoming email to Firefox website Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-GB; rv:1.9.1.7) Gecko/20091221 Firefox/3.5.7 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

Firefox not connecting to the internet
I am not sure what is going on here. I normally use Firefox but after an automatic update a few days ago it would not connect to the internet. I was getting a refused connection on proxy server. I tried a direct connection to the internet, but that did not work and I just for a server could not be found issue. I started up IE6 and it worked fine. I then downloaded IE7 and installed it and that would not connect to the internet. I ran the connection repair tool it has and restarted, but that did not help. I then uninstalled IE7 and IE6 still works fine. I then downloaded and...

Unable to connect to FireFox!
Name: Don Deeble Email: dondeeble_at_yahoo.com Product: Firefox Summary: Unable to connect to FireFox! Comments: I have tried everything and cannot use FireFox to connect to the net. I installed Netscape, it works and Explorer also connects. I MISS MY FIREFOX!! Can you suggest a solution to my problem? Thank You Don Browser Details: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322) ...

Web resources about - Upgrade to Firefox renders Firefox unable to connect to internet. - mozilla.feedback

Internet - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... government networks of local to global scope, linked by a broad array of electronic, wireless, and optical networking technologies. The Internet ...

Internet - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Internet is a global system of interconnected computer networks that use the standard Internet protocol suite (TCP/IP) to link several billion ...

Internet - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Internet is a global system of interconnected computer networks that use the standard Internet protocol suite (TCP/IP) to link several billion ...

Internets - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
" Internets ", also known as " The Internets ", is a Bushism -turned- catchphrase used humorously to portray the speaker as ignorant about the ...

Internet Evolution - The Macrosite for News, Analysis, and Opinion about the Future of the Internet
The next big leap forward in the history of the Internet is happening now: Internet Evolution (www.internetevolution.com) is a Web 2.0 online ...

Want faster internet? Time to upgrade your Wi-Fi router
As a rule of thumb, the pricier the router, the faster your internet. Hayley Tsukayama tests a few out.

China Mobile creates dedicated unit to grow its internet services revenues
Zee News China Mobile creates dedicated unit to grow its internet services revenues Rethink Research (subscription) Many large mobile operators ...

Let the Internet built human community of shared future
Let the Internet built human community of shared future

Chinese Internet Giant Tencent Opens Its Trove of Data to Agencies
Chinese internet giant Tencent is massive in scope and in the variety of ways it reaches users. Its mobile social platform WeChat has about 650 ...

Could the Internet of Things spark a data security epidemic?
Internet of Things this, Internet of Things that it’s all anyone can talk about these days. And rightfully so, when you consider the development ...