update didn't completely install, now I can't open Thunderbird

Name:    dave jones
Email:   dkj1969_at_gmail.com
Product: Thunderbird

Comments:
First of all, I'm not sure this is the correct place to send this.  I
checked the FAQ and didn't find an answer to my question/problem so here
I am.
I got a message tonight that there were updates.  I told it to go ahead,
it was supposedly done.  I then tried to open Thunderbird - I get an
error message "A previous install did not complete.  finishing install.
 It has been saying that for the past 10 minutes but there is no
indication anywhere that a process is ongoing.  I tried a complete new
download w/o success.  Any work-arounds?

Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.0.7) Gecko/20060909 Firefox/1.5.0.7
0
dave

Can't Update CPAN, Can't Install DBD::mysql
I upgraded to Lion. I have pre-existing Perl modules that I had installed, but I hadn't yet installed DBD::mysql. When I try to install DBD::mysql, I get this: Checking if your kit is complete... Looks good Using DBI 1.615 (for perl 5.012003 on darwin-thread-multi-2level) installed in /System/Library/Perl/Extras/5.12/darwin-thread-multi-2level/auto/DBI/ Writing Makefile for DBD::mysql Can't exec "/usr/bin/make": No such file or directory at /System/Library/Perl/5.12/CPAN/Distribution.pm line 2026. CAPTTOFU/DBD-mysql-4.020.tar.gz /usr/bin/make -- NOT...

update fails, can't get out of it and now can't get my email
Name: martha Email: mjhartleyatchampmaildotcom Product: Thunderbird Summary: update fails, can't get out of it and now can't get my email Comments: The directions about bugging aren't helpful to me because I don't know what you're talking about. You offered an update, I tried it, now it is in an endless loop of trying to install, failing, and trying again. It is very frustrating because I can't even get into my old email files to get addresses, photos, etc. I have turned off my firewall and have rebooted the computer, per some of the suggestions in the...

Re: Can't Update CPAN, Can't Install DBD::mysql
Good morning, On 28/09/11 at 3:59 PM -0400, Lola Lee Beno <lola@his.com> wrote: >That's what I was afraid of. Apparently a previous install of=20 >make got blown away. In the process of downloading XCode from=20 >App Store (uggggh) . . . I had to install Xcode twice (not download, just install twice).=20 And I seem to recall some reports from others saying the same=20 thing. Installing twice also fixed borked xcode for a colleague.=20 I never bothered to find out why that fixed things; just=20 proceeded and kept working. Charlie --=20 =E1=8F=8A C...

(newbie) Installation completed... but can't login with 'host' or 'admin'
Can't do the first step after completing installation: login with default host or admin accounts. What and where should I modify? I did the installation by the book (by the video tutorial, to be precise ;) and got stuck here, since whatever I try, I cannot access the host or admin account. Thanks in advance. If you can't login with host/host or admin/admin, it appears that your installation failed!I would start the process over by doing the following:1.   Delete the instance of DNN created in SQL server.2.   Delete the existing DNN files in the folder yo...

Can't open Can't delete
Name: Mike Gordon Email: mikeatmgendodotcodotnz Product: Thunderbird Summary: Can't open Can't delete Comments: HELP I cannot open thunderbird after latest update. It has an error message thunderbird.exe is not a Win 32 command. I also cannot delet it to reload it I need some help Please Browser Details: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322) ...

Can't open site and can't open in safe mode anymore?
FF 4, Win 7 Prof can't get most of the page from www.bose.com. I can get it in Chrome. I also can't find a way (any longer) to open Firefox 4 in safe mode. How does one do that now? Thanks Louise On 4/3/2011 5:11 PM, louise wrote: > FF 4, Win 7 Prof > > can't get most of the page from www.bose.com. I can get it in Chrome. > > I also can't find a way (any longer) to open Firefox 4 in safe mode. How > does one do that now? > > Thanks > > Louise found safe mode and disabled all my add-ons. The site, bose.com, still do...

Can't boot, can't update
I have upgraded from SuSE version 11.3 (which worked well) using zypper dup. Unfortunately, an earlier post regarding resolution of a CPU crash during boot turned out to be premature, as it is now intermittent. When booting, the system: (1) UDV reports a CPU crash (on-screen dump) (2) if the computer is reset (turned off, then on again), it will eventually either boot up normally (rare) or display a screen with a very wrong resolution setting. Repeatedly rebooting will eventually tease the system into normal operation, but it usually takes several attempts. Several Grub parame...

Can't regenerate, can't open
In 6.5, I have a global function in which a line is causing an error when the app is compiled. When I try to open the function, I'm told "Open of Function f_disable_mainfmenu failed. It has been migrated to current version format, but must also be successfully regenerated". But when I try to regenerate it, the error pops up again and it won't let me regenerate. Any ideas? Thanks. hi, try to export and reimport the function ( check the code also) hope it will help you fran´┐Żois This is one of the pains that will hopefully be eliminated in PB8 (where ...

CAN'T UPDATE AND CAN'T USE BROWSE
Name: Product: Firefox Summary: CAN'T UPDATE AND CAN'T USE BROWSE Comments: Comments: Firefox4 Beta5 Fails. Before getting the main browser window I get a dialoge box with the following message. "The operation can not be completed because of an internal failure. A secure network communication has not been cleaned up correctly." Once ok is pressed main browser window opoens but I can not browse any web sites (i.e. enter any url in the address bar and a blank screen is displayed, but done is shown in the status bar bottom left hand corne...

Can't install opensuse 12.1 from DVD, installer can't find DVD devices?
Hi, I have an HP pavilion dv7 laptop (3 years old) with Windows and Linux mint in a dual boot mode, and I wanted to install opensuse 12.1 from a DVD over my mint partition. When I boot with the 64bit KDE live CD in my DVD I can get to the menu where I can choose to try the live session or install. If I choose either, I see the linux kernel loading successfuly, then a green screen with opensuse logo, and after about 10 seconds the screen becomes a black text screen, and I see an error message saying that my DVD device wasn't found, and that the system is restarting in 120 se...

Update FUBAR'ed, can't get thunderbird to open
I've never had issues with tbird before... but this is ridiculous. I'm on XP for what it's worth. Last night, my system told me that tbird had downloaded a new update, and needed to install it. I told it to go ahead, and then it told me there was an error, to make sure that I had permissions to update files, close programs, and reopen thunderbird. I clicked okay... and was stuck in this same loop over and over until I tried to kill the process. This morning I dl'ed the newest version, tried to install over the top, no dice. Errors and says that a prior install di...

Web resources about - update didn't completely install, now I can't open Thunderbird - mozilla.feedback

Mozilla Thunderbird
Mozilla Thunderbird is created by a global non-profit dedicated to putting individuals in control and shaping the future of the web for the public ...

Thunderbirds Are Go - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Thunderbirds Are Go is a 1966 British science-fiction film based on Thunderbirds , a 1960s television series starring marionette puppets and ...

Edit - Thunderbird - CrunchBase Product Profile
TechCrunch CrunchBase More TechCrunch Europe TechCrunch France TechCrunch Japan Register - Login or Advanced Search Home > Products > Thunderbird ...

F-16C Thunderbirds Formation - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
USAF Thunderbirds at the 2008 Battle Creek Air Show

Thunderbirds Are Go - Introducing The World - YouTube
The world of Thunderbirds Are Go, Tracy Island, miniature sets and craft have been lovingly made by none other than WETA Workshop - the model ...

Thunderbirds are go: First pictures of TV remake
The first images of the upcoming TV reboot of the iconic series Thunderbirds have been released, recasting the iconic puppets from the 1960s ...

Thunderbirds creator Gerry Anderson dies aged 83
... puppet TV shows Captain Scarlet, Stingray and Joe 90 died in his sleep, his son announces. Gerry Anderson, best known as the creator of Thunderbirds ...

Firebirds hold nerve to hold out Thunderbirds
It was another close shave but Queensland Firebirds coach Roselee Jencke was happy for her side to take a second straight win.

Thunderbirds are go, puppets are gone
Human Thunderbirds? What does this mean, writes James Cockington. - The Age Online

Southerners steal last-gasp draw against Thunderbirds
Southern Steel stole a 53-53 draw in the chaotic final seconds of their trans-Tasman netball league clash against Adelaide Thunderbirds.